Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari (34271 Views)

Regina Askia, Stephanie Hornecker & Ooni Of Ife Meet In The U.S (photos) / Regina Askia And Her Daughter, Teesa Williams Stun At A Charity Event (photo) / Regina Askia Flaunts Bare Butt In See-through Gown At Nollywood Event In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
shala01:

Your mumu no get end

He asked a normal question ...why insult him....no be Una fault tho ....always blaming this present government for the sins of PDP...your own stupidity is bliss

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by applemark: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
Change is not a one day thing, when will stupid idiot people stop asking stupid idiotic questions. If you want see change change your views

2 Likes

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
Did she vote?..ashaawo feeling funky

learn to speak with wisdom if u don't hv it pray that God gives u one cos its so obvious u are useless without it
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by chernest2002: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Buhari means failure in all dictionary so what do people expect from him if not failing.
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by hyperflex(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Some Buhari apologists r so pathetic. Maybe they shld drop u in that idoma region where Fulani herdsmen use cutlass to kill pple n see if ur spirit will still stand with Buhari. Una see truth u no go talk am.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by HRich(m): 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
cybermic007:
The former Nollywood actress turned Nurse, penned down an open letter to President Buhari on her facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153215451087202&id=630377201
After he had finished reading this text and he started laughing

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
your mother
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by csteve: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
Find the best deals, discounts, promos and offers in Nigeria @ www.freejaja.com
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Banter1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
mranova:
Is she even living in Nigeria at all?
look at what you have reduced yourself to. In Mr. Omar's voice......Tragic!

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by frainc(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
cybermic007:
The former Nollywood actress turned Nurse, penned down an open letter to President Buhari on her facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153215451087202&id=630377201
I thought some guys and myself Warne you people to go back to history book before voting Buhari, Sister REGINAL?

Pls don't cry yet, it's too early to cry
Una never see anything

On this Buhari issue, History is only repeating itself
A leopard is always a leopard.
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by LaurelP(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
Those who are asking if she was in Nigeria or voted for Buhari are illiterates.
She may not have been in Nigeria but she said she regrets supporting and campaigning for Buhari because of what she's seeing vis-a-vis what was promised.

I could be abroad but it doesn't mean I cant support and hold my leaders accountable for what they promised to do. She is still a citizen of this country and her people and possessions are still here.

My problem is that our rulers have so divided us among ethnic lines in this country. U can no longer say the truth without being tagged a wailer or an enemy of the govt.

Past administrations made mistakes, but how long should we continue to blame them? Is it not high time we moved forward?

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Banter1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
Disappointed with your statement

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by exwizzy90(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
If the children of Israelites in the bible could complain despite the miracles and promises gave them, how much more impatient and sentimental Nigerians. They think leadership is a child's play.... I just like a leader who is undaunted and doesn't swerve at pressures mounted on him/her. A leader who stick to the plan till the end, no matter the amount of wailing and Buhari is that man; the kind Nigeria needs.
mrmetoo1:

All you people with your selective amnesia. Naira was already officially devalued to N197 when Jonathan was leaving so I'm not sure where you were changing yours for N165. Also I like how you guys are always conveniently comparing official rates during the Jonathan administration to the black market rates when talking about Buhari administration.

Back to madam Regina. This woman has been out of Nigeria working as a nurse for years. If things were good in Nigeria before now, why was she there? She said she agrees he's fighting corruption although unpopular, please can you ask her who it's unpopular among? Me and those I know are happy about it. The way some of you guys came here and boasted Buhari could never get enough votes because of the people around you is the same way some people think the anti-corruption fight is unpopular because of the people around them. We voted Buhari to fight insurgency, he's doing that. Boko Haram is no longer holding territories, roads that have been shut down for years are being reopened. Boko Haram is no longer attacking army barracks and making away with tanks and weapons. Even the hard to control bomb blasts have reduced significantly. The recently kidnapped girls are being rescued. You're a conman/woman and a liar if you feel all the evil we've been living with in Nigeria for decades will disappear in less than a year. The economy is in a bad shape and we can argue all day how we got here but I know things will get better soon with the passing of the budget. At least that'll act as a stimulant while the core is being fixed.

If some people want to act like we having come far from where we were, some of us don't mind reminding them.

7 Likes

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by bugzbunny: 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
Zico5:

So if he couldn't vote buhari, he should vote for looters in person of Gej that brought us to this level. Buhari may not have hit the ground and run but he is still better that the otueke man. I wonder how Nigeria would have been if the man is still in power. We put our hope in God.
A dullar.d can never hit d ground running
Even given 20 years to rule
I bet u....I mean I bet u
If Gej was still in power
A dollar won't worth more than 300
No fuel scarcity
Road projects evrywer
Steady power as before

I dnt blame buhari....
An old grandpa who just want to rest abroad
Being used by Apc to pack money
Believe me.... Buhari ddnt knw wen they messed up d budget
After borrowing trillions of naira
Its such a pity
Educated zombies evrywer
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
csteve:
Buhari Will Never turn around Nigeria to better, To be safe, stop commenting here, get back to work... The person writing open letter has been in the US for years... If things were so Good she should have been home by now.

APC are quite thieves.... PDP were popular thieves...

Is that your prayer?? I wish you the same in ur household ..........now tell me how does it feel....bitter cocksucking son of a bitch.......I no blame Una. Nah OEM S we do cheap smart phones for short cited wasted youths like you to open your mouth and spill trash....just listen to your self

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by 41lady(m): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
mrmetoo1:

All you people with your selective amnesia. Naira was already officially devalued to N197 when Jonathan was leaving so I'm not sure where you were changing yours for N165. Also I like how you guys are always conveniently comparing official rates during the Jonathan administration to the black market rates when talking about Buhari administration.

Back to madam Regina. This woman has been out of Nigeria working as a nurse for years. If things were good in Nigeria before now, why was she there? She said she agrees he's fighting corruption although unpopular, please can you ask her who it's unpopular among? Me and those I know are happy about it. The way some of you guys came here and boasted Buhari could never get enough votes because of the people around you is the same way some people think the anti-corruption fight is unpopular because of the people around them. We voted Buhari to fight insurgency, he's doing that. Boko Haram is no longer holding territories, roads that have been shut down for years are being reopened. Boko Haram is no longer attacking army barracks and making away with tanks and weapons. Even the hard to control bomb blasts have reduced significantly. The recently kidnapped girls have been rescued. You're a conman/woman and a liar if you feel all the evil we've been living with in Nigeria for decades will disappear in less than a year. The economy is in a bad shape and we can argue all day how we got here but I know things will get better soon with the passing of the budget. At least that'll act as a stimulant while the core is being fixed.

If some people want to act like we having come far from where we were, some of us don't mind reminding them.

Do u know that those abroad knows what is happening in Naija better than some people leaving in Naija? The president have confirm it himself when the Aljazeera reporter was telling him the break down of his budget.

In regard to boko haram, our northern people are the ones that supported them when Jona was in power, when Buhari said why should NA be killing the Muslim. And he refused to condemn the boko haram act just to get political point. Now that he is the president, he will do all the possible means to stabilize his administration in order to get chance for second term.

While rescuing kidnapped girls yielded no result becoz it is now the northerners emback fully since boko haram way have fail, they forcefuly take teen girls from their parents and give out the girls to uneducated boy or man to married... Denying her from western education, that's boko haram.
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
bugzbunny:

A dullar.d can never hit d ground running
Even given 20 years to rule
I bet u....I mean I bet u
If Gej was still in power
A dollar won't worth more than 300
No fuel scarcity
Road projects evrywer
Steady power as before

I dnt blame buhari....
An old grandpa who just want to rest abroad
Being used by Apc to pack money
Believe me.... Buhari ddnt knw wen they messed up d budget
After borrowing trillions of naira
Its such a pity
Educated zombies evrywer

Oga bugzbunny abi Looney toons ....you sound as stupid as the cartoon self....how old are you by the way
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Joshillion(m): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
People are just so unreasonable that they would blame President Buhari for virtually everything going wrong, people would blame the President for their dog's rabies, I might not be a fan of Buhari and i believe that everyone should have the right to speak their mind but please express your mind logically and rationally and dont just talk nonsense to get some stupid attention.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by jbcul4ril(m): 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
I don't need to say anything agone you have said it all. But If the youth of this generation can be making comments base on sentiment I wonder what hope we tomorrow. I realise that we Nigerians don't love ourselves and we also exhibit wickedness that why a trader will inflate the price of Yam and tomato and say it is due to dollar increase. Landlord will increase rent as if they want to recover the money the used in building the house in a year. We as a people are faulty. We need to change the we think especially youth. Form your own opinion not of newspaper stand argument. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Festysnow: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Back to madam Regina. This woman has been out of Nigeria working as a nurse for years. If things were good in Nigeria before now, why was she there? She said she agrees he's fighting corruption although unpopular, please can you ask her who it's unpopular among? Me and those I know are happy about it. The way some of you guys came here and boasted Buhari could never get enough votes because of the people around you is the same way some people think the anti-corruption fight is unpopular because of the people around them. We voted Buhari to fight insurgency, he's doing that. Boko Haram is no longer holding territories, roads that have been shut down for years are being reopened. Boko Haram is no longer attacking army barracks and making away with tanks and weapons. Even the hard to control bomb blasts have reduced significantly. The recently kidnapped girls are being rescued. You're a conman/woman and a liar if you feel all the evil we've been living with in Nigeria for decades will disappear in less than a year. The economy is in a bad shape and we can argue all day how we got here but I know things will get better soon with the passing of the budget. At least that'll act as a stimulant while the core is being fixed.

God bless you brother, it baffles me the way some youths (our so called leaders of tomorrow) reason.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by bugzbunny: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dats all u got?
wallace83:

Oga bugzbunny abi Looney toons ....you sound as stupid as the cartoon self....how old are you by the way
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by tempest01(m): 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
When corruption is fight and we applaud, and the funds retrieved ends up in frivolous budget...with cars and luxuries for the elites and spending on unnecessary things even with falling oil prices, then I give up on Nigeria for now
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by dmighty: 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
In other news Shekau has been pretty silent for a minute now.

There is always a lesson to learn. Esp from this BH menace. The Army should set up a special Response div of 10000 men ready to deploy anytime.

Deny or accept it. The Commander in Chief has made significant gains as regards the fight on BH. The same Fight that was largely politicized.
Men and women of the Army cried that they were sent to war without weapons we called them cowards. Shebi we are seeing new info everyday.

God is my witness and @Mistahsix4 as well. Our class mate fought in Baga. He lost almost 200 men to BH.

Have you seen a body of anyone shot with an Anti Aircraft Gun You'd probably not eat or sleep for days. I hope the Army heals from this.

Same Alex Badeh said all an infantry soldier needed was a rifle. Meanwhile 3.7billion naira vanished under his watch.

I gave up when I saw a documentary and a soldier mapping terrain was using 20 leaves exercise book to draw maps in 2015.

As globalized as the world is. Nigeria was giving excuses about not being able to buy arms.

What kills me are the men and women that died for nothing. Fighting a war they were doomed to lose from the onset

Boko haram took towns in Nigeria. Hoisted flags and made propaganda videos. My peers said it was the opposition sponsoring them

Over the past 3weeks we have seen news of how the army is decimating boko haram and freeing hostages. We act numb because it's good news.

The real story of the war on Boko Haram would be told one day.

I'd speak to my classmate in the North East from time to time. And on days or weeks I don't hear from him I just assume he passed on

This same army fought in Liberia. As a stdt of NNSSABK we saw Ratings hustle to go to Liberia. Come back &buy Reg Benz. Same Army couldn’t fight BH.

We hired mercenaries from South Africa to fight. And said they were teaching our Army to use these weapons. How sophisticated can they be?

I know how disciplined the Military is. Men turned and fired at their commanding officer and you think that is normal

I am not loyal to APC or PDP. I carry a NIGERIAN PASSPORT.

The true enemies of Nigeria are the ones that would look for an avenue to add an ethnic sentiment to skirmishes around Nigeria

I learnt how to accommodate other tribes from my folks. As a kid I went to sokoto with my folks to attend the wedding of our security guard.

Northerners are Behind BH abi. Then why the Bleep do they keep overrunning Northern towns and killing Northerners

An Airforce officer was captured and beheaded by BH. They claimed he didn't belong to the Airforce

You know why I am mad. Cos I saw my classmates in the Army shipped to the North to die for a country that didn't give a poo abt them.

The true story of the complicity of the war on BH will be told one day. I pray we are all alive to hear

All of a sudden the same party people who accused the opposition of funding BH are saying their new party chairman has in rods to BH.

Military installations were overrun. BH prisoners were freed in this Nigeria

To the people in the North East. We will never know ur pain. I pray y'all heal fast and rebuild what the animals didn't totally destroy

With the shared borders with Chad did Boko haram ever take any territory in Chad. Small Chad ladies and gentlemen

Last yr d Borno Airport was reopened we acted mum. All major Highways connecting Borno dt were closed for 3yrs were opened. Stil we were mum

We heard commanders from Chad say when they liberated towns. Nigerian commanders won't pick calls to come occupy them.

3 million IDPS. With no home to return to yet we sacrifice our sensibilities on the altar of politics and tribalism

The is Govt needs to re structure the Military. We need to remove the bias btwn regular and short service officers.

Do you know what it takes to lose a barrack to boko haram. These bastards took our Tanks and repainted them. Kai

I am not trying to spin any narrative. Good news doesnt know how to hide.Under Buratai we have seen the strides the army has made against BH

Have u pple watched 13 hours? D narrative of No weapons wont hit u until u see dt movie 8 men held off over 200 insurgents cos of fire power

See how swift the army paraded men and tried them for mutiny. So they could push the narrative of cowardice.

Where are the military tribunals They have vanished in the last 8 months. Are there no more cowards in the Army? ?

They spent billions on houses and sent men to sleep on flea infested mattresses in Borno.

The best military formation might not survive an ambush. We had C.Os sending men to die for nothing.

It's like closing down that Lagos Benin Expressway or Lagos Ibadan. All major roads to Borno have bn reopened. But let's be mum

In all of this kudos to Kasim Shettima and how he has managed to keep what is left for Borno above water

This Picture of Buhari in Borno during the campaigns brought me to Tears. This shows a people who refused to be broken

We talk of the civil war. But some how hope that the People of the Northeast should be ignored because after all they are killing themselves.

Best Land Soldiers in Africa. Became rag dolls in Borno.

Same Badeh said men should be tried and killed in the Field. "FIELD COURT MARTIAL"

As a kid. Navy Captain Kayode Olofimoyin was Gov of Ogun State. The armed men that came with him to my school could overrun a small country An armed group without proper shoes were seizing tanks from our Army.

The more I tweet the more emotional I get. I pray for everyone displaced by this senseless war that they start new lives soon

Private Military contractors guard assets. PMCS NEVER LEAD INCURSIONS.

What I couldn't understand was why we couldn't buy arms. Why we needed to fly cash to S.A

We called Buhari brain dead for moving the command centre to the North East. 8 months after the chief of army staff is conducting mop ups

We barely had an Airforce. The only functional part of the Airforce was probably the PAF for obvious reasons

My brother is in the US army. He has a 4 bed room house where he is stationed. Pls stroll to ikeja cantonment and see how these pple live

Same Dasuki went to Chatham House and called these men cowards. But forgot to add he mismanaged funds meant to buy arms

It's a shame if in 2015 we don't know were to source arms.

A court order has been given for Tompolo and he is yet to turn up. But we shout human rights for Dasuki and Co

Buhari isn't the messiah. But someone needed to save us from the craziness of the last 6yrs

A motorbike battalion was formed at least to navigate terrains that are not motorable. We acted like Buratai is just their starching his uniform.

why were these weapons not available for use 8months ago. Are assault rifles airplanes that can't be delivered asap

Opening of Biu-Damboa road, Nganze, Mafa and Ngala roads is a great success by the NA, these roads have been closed for more than 3 yrs!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
bugzbunny:

Dats all u got?

Shut your trap and stop being sentimental what else do you people want again.....GEJ to become the president or buhari to devalue the naira.....lame fool like you think a government is working when they collect loans to build roads for more than 5years
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by iyerikan12: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
God bless you my sister, please remind him that PDP was on power for good 16years but today they are not. I believe that with this present situation APC has ended her politics in Nigeria.
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Cyjetty: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
REGINA ASKIA, also popularly known as the Night Nurse, please put your house in order first. Before you come out here tobspew rubbish, first sanction your daughter, dear baby mama, who is exposing her body in Cuba and posing seductively with a banana while smoking cigars. Physician, heal thyself because your opinion is worth zilch.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by ObaKlaz: 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
Na wa o! This Regina that left Nigeria since God-knows-when is writing an open letter about Nigeria from the comfort of her base in the States. Mtcheew!!! Anyway, I'm starting to believe Buhari is the biggest fraud ever to happen to Nigeria. But he can still redeem himself though; there's still ample time to do that.
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by Petjoel: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Everybody want to become popular by force by fire,who's care for ur write up,

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by ajebuter(f): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
guttentag:
I also regret campaigning and voting for buhari. Look @ Edo state, he cannot even caution oshiomole to work even after the loan he took. The light situation is worst. God please help us

Finally, reality dawning on many Sai Babaists.

I- bid you : Good morning to reality
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by jadakiss213(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
danot1030:
Nonsense! Did she cast any vote for buhari or why is she complaining?
are u sick or something? u mean u must have voted for Buhari to have the "right" to question his too Obvious INCOMPETENCE whats wrong with u guys?!
Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by bayonekind(m): 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
jamesibor:
If $ changing from 165 to 320 is not change, what then is change?

From the promises .. I have started enjoying one
..Stable power ... it now 4 months I use my generator ..... except for test running it..
I have been experiencing 24/7 in my place ...from PHCN to Inverter and before my inverter run out ...PHCN is Back ...
My Gas now take me 3 months -12kg ---- I constantly use electric cooker to handle my home cooking ..
I can tel you ...I am bit stable financially except for occasionally fuel scarcity for my car ...although .. life is cool ..

Let give those guy time to do their engineering and construction ...I believe they will make positive impact at the end ..even if its minor ...we can move from their ....

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia's Open Letter To Buhari by ladenz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
To those supporting Buhari, you need to understand where all the 'wailing' is coming from. Jonathan was in power and experiencing all the challenges of running a country like Nigeria. He and his family were insulted and vilified by so many. He was blamed for any slight misfortune that be fell the country. Buhari and APC rode on the waves of these insults to win votes making it seem like Jonathan alone was the cause of every problem in the country.

Please don't think I am defending Jonathan. I think he was rather weak and didn't do enough to curb corruption. In fact I am eagerly awaiting him being put on trial so he can defend all the accusations Dasuki is throwing around. The buck stopped at Jonathan's table. But if we want to be objective and fair we cannot push some of the achievements of the last government under the table and for now they surpass what Bubu has achieved.

But Nigerians were deceived by the present Govt. They gave the impression that they would solve all the problems with immediate effect. Now we hear one excuse after another as the country slowly grinds to a halt. That is why the 'wailing' will continue. I didn't vote in the last election because I didn't see anyone I could vote for.

We need real change and it's not this set of recycled he goats that will give it to us. We need new blood. People who BELIEVE in Nigeria and DESIRE the best for this country. One good thing Jonathan has done is that our votes count for something. Let's seek for worthy leaders and use our votes to put them in power

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Korede Bello Looks Cute In New Pictures / Comedian AY 45th Birthday Party (Photos, Video) / Tee-Y Mix And Ivie Ogbonmwan Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.