Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari (43309 Views)

Buhari Scraps Nigerian Film Village Plan After Muslim Clerics Complained / Munich Shooting: Buhari Offers To Help Germany Fight Terrorism / Individual Efforts Can’t End Terrorism -Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Misterdhee1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
sweetgala:

lol, what a clown

How old are you again

Do you know how ridiculous you sound, Evangelism laws in kaduna !, you should stop reading blogs and start thinking for yourself, there is no evangelism law in kaduna, there is however a law which bans the distribution of media containing hate speech, use of megaphones which brings about noise pollution, use of external PA systems outside mosques and churches , public preaching (christian, Muslim or otherwise) without a permit from the state. This law is one which exists in all sane countries of the world I have visited, it is there to curb false prophets and Islamic clerics who are preaching dangerous doctrine, prevents the likes of Rev king and El-Zhakarsy, Mohammed Yusuf etc from ever springing up again.

Individuals like yourself who have never been to the north would not know that Kaduna has a large population of northern Christians, many mega churches have a significant operation base there, from winners to RCCG.

And please stop these false reports of rampant abductions, an abduction for whatever purpose is a crime, be it for rituals, or forced marriage which accounts for less than 0.1% of the over 100 abductions daily in this country.

I am yet to hear of people going on twitter to speak of the sad cases of people who are victims of rituals , organ theft, sex slaves to Europe and Middle east. Those are where the alarming numbers exists and the prime perpetrators are south of the Niger.

Wake up !
Bros 50000 likes for you.. We need sound minds like you more in this country, not the bunch of bigots that publicize their slowness on social media

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by kachnov(m): 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
Well let's hope this turns out for the best.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by erico2k2(m): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
sweetgala:

Since you are aware that the main casualties of the insecurity of BH why then have you resolved to stop the president from stopping the menace.

Why have so many Christians become so bitter about a Muslim president who practises his religion. The country was not set on fire when GEJ was frequenting Isreal to pray for deliverance and doing the bidding of CAN
We are a democracy not a religious state.there is no religion in politics. The UK govt don't practice Christianity in governance even though it was built in Christian values. Same as Italy. When you mix politics and religion yoy get Syria. Palestine and isreal. Also BH.He PMB shud shove religion apart and deal with the problem at hand.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by LudaChriz(m): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
The stupeed bigots that were asking why Muslims haven't stood up to fight against terrorism are the ones now condemning this move. Didn't the boko Haram group emerge from Nigeria? So why shouldn't it join Islamic organizationg to fight against terrorism?

The opinions of some foolish and unlearned bastards cannot stop this important move. God bless our president

Aboki we knw more than u knw

Saudi Arabia the leader of the coalition is the sponsor of ISIS, they ar simply looking for more hands.

Ask urself, why is Aran & Syria not involved in the coalition?

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by LudaChriz(m): 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
I typed Aboki & Seun changed it to Northerner... Why na
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by britbuz(m): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Now I know why there exists something called "prepared speech".. Just dey yarn dust
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by biggjoe(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
sweetgala:

Since you are aware that the main casualties of the insecurity of BH why then have you resolved to stop the president from stopping the menace.

Why have so many Christians become so bitter about a Muslim president who practises his religion. The country was not set on fire when GEJ was frequenting Isreal to pray for deliverance and doing the bidding of CAN
Throwing insults, tantrums, conjectures and sentiments around will make you appear intelligent to people who share your opinion. They cannot trash out simple issues logically.
Who and who has resolved to stopping the President from stopping the menace and how exactly are they doing it.
Who conducted the census that told you that so many Christians are bitter.

Arguments on Internet can not probably be won but one can convince a neutral party be sticking purely to sound logic.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by lottomkyes10(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
I like how this man talks I can't help but wonder how someone who is educated can look at Nigeria and say one man can influence it to become an Islamic or Christian nation pls wake up is a night made you are having.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
Muslim clerics and scholars started Boko Haram before it went out of control...why bring christians into it?
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by scholag(f): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
ofedegbe:

How long has Alqaeda ISIS Taliban been fully operational
what has Saudi Arabia and the likes done to curb this menace all this while
so you mean joining countries that have been toothless in the fight against terrorism is the way?
why not align with the likes of Russia or Germany??
God bless your brain...
I just don't know what the outcome of this alignment would be...Stillthinking
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
so is he trying to blame Christians or what? He's not ashamed. After his muslim folks cause (and is still causing) problem in the country instead of him to find a way out he's here blaming innocent Christians for not fighting. mtcheeew....rrrruuubbbiiissshhh. undecided
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Sttropez2: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
What a perfect answer.....Fire down jare.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by djkirkoo2(m): 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
sweetgala:

So as a Christian I should go about carrying hate and bigotry in my heart because I heard it on NL that a northerner may have called Christians infidels a unsubstantiated myth.

I've always said it that hypocrisy is one of the main traits of modern Christianity, it fails to practice the love of Christ
In fact I nor go answer u again
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by gafoo4u: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
domopps:
You mean PMB also said this ?

Cheeeeers

yeah! that is a kind of President we need now in Nigeria. what matters to us is Nigeria and not the opinion of religious bigots and political jobbers.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by udumosam23(m): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
sirklin:
President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed Nigeria’s membership of the Islamic Coalition Against Terrorism being spearheaded by Saudi Arabia amidst speculations of alleged plan to Islamise the country.

The President made the disclosure in an interview he granted to Al-Jazeera during his recent visit to Doha, Qatar, while the interview was aired on Saturday.

When asked whether Nigeria was part of the Islamic coalition, Buhari answered in the affirmative.

He attributed the reason behind the decision to the fact that there are terrorists in Nigeria who claim to be Muslims.

“We are part of it (the Islamic coalition) because we’ve got terrorists in Nigeria that everybody knows which claim that they are Islamic.

“So, if there’s an Islamic coalition to fight terrorism, Nigeria will be part of it because we are casualties of Islamic terrorism,” the President said.

Buhari said he discussed Nigeria’s membership of the coalition with King Salman Bin Abdul-Aziz during their meeting in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia when he visited the country recently.

He however did not disclose how the membership of the Islamic coalition would be beneficial to Nigeria when asked to do so.

He said it would be wrong to disclose the details to the media.

“Well, that we mentioned under Lake Chad Basin Commission, our regional grouping compromising Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Benin and we dedicated a certain number of troops to be deployed in our own sub-region and I don’t think we have to tell the press the details of that,” he simply said.

Buhari however justified Nigeria’s membership of the Islamic coalition, saying there is nothing wrong in joining the coalition since members of the Boko Haram sect fighting in Nigeria have claimed they are Muslims even when their activities are anti-Islam.

He added that the Boko Haram itself had declared loyalty to ISIS

He said, “I’ve just told you it is the Boko Haram itself that declared loyalty to ISIS.

“ISIS is basically based in Islamic countries. Now, if there’s a coalition to fight Islamic terrorism, why can’t Nigeria be part of it, while those that are fighting in Nigeria as Boko Haram claim to be Muslims? But the way they are doing it is anti-Islamic.”

When confronted with the fact that Nigeria has large populations of both Muslims and Christians and that some Christians are complaining that he is giving Islamic identity to the country by his actions, Buhari wondered why the Christians who are complaining have not deemed it fit to confront members of Boko Haram in the North East or militants in the South South

“Why can’t those Christians that complained go and fight terrorism in Nigeria or fight the militancy in the South. It’s Nigeria that matters, not the opinion of some religious bigots,” he declared.

The President however denied any attempt to change the religious identity of the country.

He said, “How can I change the religious identity of Nigeria?

“No religion advocates hurting the innocent and just because the Muslims are the ones that claim to be Boko Haram and they are killing innocent people whether in the church, in the bus or in the market place, then I will just sit and look at them because I too am a Muslim? Islam is against injustice in any form.”
http://www.punchng.com/38715-2/

You see what I'm saying. The president need a special adviser on public relations.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Kingspin(m): 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
The stupeed bigots that were asking why Muslims haven't stood up to fight against terrorism are the ones now condemning this move. Didn't the boko Haram group emerge from Nigeria? So why shouldn't it join Islamic organizationg to fight against terrorism?

The opinions of some foolish and unlearned bastards cannot stop this important move. God bless our president
Bless who? na so we de suffer and smile in this country since 1960.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by iamdynamite(m): 3:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
NobleAngell:
No. Buhari didn't say that. He wouldnt dare. He didn't smoke FFK's weed so there's no way he would have said that. But if he did, we are really in more trouble than we think.
what trouble if i may ask?
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by carinmom(f): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
1shortblackboy:
No they are not going to march soldiers into anyones house that will be too obvious. But slowly subtly......they will keep aligning with islamic countries,making laws like the evangelism law in Kaduna, carrying of southern girls to the north and marrying them. All way na way.
Stop spreading falsehood, the evangelism law in Kaduna affects all whether muslims or xtians. I can even confirm to you that muslims would be affected more by the law than xtians.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
fulanimafia:
That was simply an objective statement.

The focus is the fight against terror, any other issue (such as islamization) is simply a baseless distraction.

Wow.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by valslove8715(f): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
slap1:
Adonbilivit shocked shocked
Buhari has verbal diarrhoea. He can't shut up or talk sensibly.
Are u for real? shm
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by meccuno: 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
This statement shows how irresponsible buhari is. Are you trying to divide the country along religious lines or ethnic lines? What does he actually mean by the rubbish he just mentioned above? And who are these christians that would even fight when 95% of the soldiers are from the North....and more than half of the soldiers are muslims....public servants need to be cautious of how they speak in public and how they want people to perceive them!! He is the Nigerian president not the president of the muslim North!!
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
But kai, this logic is pretty retärded...

So if a Spaghetti-Monster terrorist group attacks you, then you'll need to join a Spaghetti-Monster coalition in order to fight it?

NB: Not a coalition AGAINST...

Ridunkulooouus!

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Optofrank: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
Why is it that when Mr President is outside Nigeria he says things that puts a divide in nigeria mostly between North n South; Christains and Muslims.

Is NASS aware of this decision before it was made public?
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by NobleAngell(f): 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
iamdynamite:
what trouble if i may ask?
Errr...no u may not.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
LudaChriz:

Aboki we knw more than u knw

Saudi Arabia the leader of the coalition is the sponsor of ISIS, they ar simply looking for more hands.

Ask urself, why is Aran & Syria not involved in the coalition?

If you don't provide a concrete proof then your an idi0t. Your time starts now
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by iamdynamite(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
NobleAngell:
Errr...no u may not.
then there is no trouble anywhere.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
greatfoly:

PMB just nailed it. those Christians are bunch of hypocritical religious bigots

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
Rekeb:

@abduljabbar, many thanks and God bless you for this comment.
Ameen brother smiley. May God bless us all
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Kbraims(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
Amitex:
[size=18pt]I thought Nigeria have defeated Boko Haram and the terrorists are not holding any LGA in Nigeria? Who are they still fighting that we are joining Islamic Coalition? The NASS should please reject this move outright!!![/size]
to prevent wat has been won so far...i think is a gud move
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Ayekoton: 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
PMB this is an appeal please do something about people been killed in their village by the Fulani's

how long will the Idoma's continue to be victims in their own state?

the quite and calm of the presidency concerning the killings is disturbing to say the least.

will this cattle rearers turned terrorist ever be brought to book?

where is justice for those who have passed on, rendered homeless, orphaned by the actions of the Nomads

remember we are all involved in man kind.

A day of reckoning is coming, when we all will be judged.

Take note.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Nikkyfash: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
So there hasn't been christian soldiers fighting the insurgent all this while? *pensive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo / What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour / 'COVID-19: Governors Received N1bn Each From Buhari, N1.1bn From World Bank'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.