Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari (43297 Views)

Buhari Scraps Nigerian Film Village Plan After Muslim Clerics Complained / Munich Shooting: Buhari Offers To Help Germany Fight Terrorism / Individual Efforts Can’t End Terrorism -Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
sirklin:

Your papa

Wetin do am, You want make I dash you my papa ?
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by gbens2000(m): 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
Kgdavid:
i understand his point but what an insensible way of expressing himself.

He should simply have said:

"Nigeria is joining the coalition because of joint strategic interests but this alliance has no bearing on the sovreign identity of Nigeria".

As much as i supported this guy and still prefer him and APC to PDP, i knew he wasn't very clever from his inauguration day when Amanpour asked him about economic policies and all he could do was rant about corruption.

SMH.
grin ur last paragraph got me cracking. grin
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by whatisthetruth: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
i believe people deep down know the truth, i mean this guy advocated for full, FULLLL, sharia implimentation across nigeria

do ppl really know what that entails?

have we forgotten?

do you think the fact that muslims are on the rise even in cities like Lagos is a coincidence?

soon, you wouldnt matter as they will outnumber you, or you dont know that those twelve kids of your next door mallam will eventually grow up? that they will eventually each have twelve kids of their own?

what would you say then if 144 people vote for sharia, while 50 oppose it?

you guess would be as good as mine, democracy wins, the 144 win, thereby instilling sharia, thereby ending democracy. quite surreal

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Ironi: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
This doesn't make any sense, thought Boko Haram in the North is being faught by both Christian and Moslem soldiers .
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by cmoneke: 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
D end will tell september 11 in nigeria soon cliton was there wen they planed it but it was bush. Who experienced it igbos in d north start coming back home to develop ur place soon. nigeria in d north will be a hot zone
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
excel101:
Stop those lies, cos they are in Libya for the libyans and not Nigeria. Its still not a reason to be part of the Islamic organisation.

Really, and you Re oblivious to the fact that many sub Saharan Africans have been said to be fighting for ISIS.

Dude abeg wake up, in Africa Nigeria is the price for ISIS, it is a central country , logistic location, if they take Abuja , taking Lagos and the rest of Western Africa would only be a walk in the park.

They already have allegiance with BH, and ISIS exist in Lybia for a similar reason having found a broken country with little resistance.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by gbens2000(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
Kikikikiki grin angry I laf in ladyf's voice.the movie of the century has just begun.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
excel101:
Stop running ur mouth anyhow. Has a Christian ever initiated a religious crisis in Nigeria b4, do you know the number of Christians that has been killed or number of churches razed as a result of these religious crisis(initiated by Muslims). The recent one being the fulani herdsmen brutality which is gradually coming to the south. You're just deceiving ursef cos u're an Islam, u think u we'll be deceived.

I guess you have never heard of plateau state where both sides of the divide have been butchering each other like poultry.

"I'm an Islam", mugu I ushered in church yesterday, I am a practising Christian. I guess because I don't conform to your bigoted standards you'll come here and chat nonsense.

I don't condone the havoc of cattle herdmen who have found a lawless country easy to abuse, a country where life and property is worthless, however to allow bigoted, foolish fellows drag a whole race of people through the mud to satisfy such is not what I would ever allow.

There are more Fulani people in Africa than many of the western African tribes, and they are doing great. Don't let your stupidy continue to get the better of you.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by iconSAGE1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
Buhari so king Abdul aziz of the saudi arabia is the nigerian parliament to discuss whehter to join the parliament or not, or is He the masses that should be convinced why we should join the coalition. Mr President with Due respect tis is democratic Era , before you take any action like this one is subject to the debate of the national Assembly, You dont just take a decision like this and stamp it final. Mr president what if the coalition is meant to fight Iran since saudi Arabia and Iran Has been on loggerheads. Yes we support anything that will stop terrorism in this country but it has to be Done with due process. I hope i made common sense??

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by 9ja4show: 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
Buhari cannot speak this kind of English written here
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by slap1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
StOla:

How can one shut up at an interview?

And by extention, how can one make sense in an interview?
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by greatfoly(m): 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
The stupeed bigots that were asking why Muslims haven't stood up to fight against terrorism are the ones now condemning this move. Didn't the boko Haram group emerge from Nigeria? So why shouldn't it join Islamic organizationg to fight against terrorism?

The opinions of some foolish and unlearned bastards cannot stop this important move. God bless our president

PMB just nailed it. those Christians are bunch of hypocritical religious bigots

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Crap talk.so U mean no xtian are there fighting the troops?so the whole NA are made up of Muslim right? Plz stop that thing making you high. The number one citizen is not meant to put any one of his people down.

The president is not speackiy of the great Nigerian Army, which is a tribe unto itself if heros and heroines from across the country.

He is speaking of the bloody civilians and wailers who never have anything good to say about the president and find fault in him being a Northern Muslim, those are the idiots that can stop shouting "he wants to islamise Nigeria", pick up a rifle and go to sambisa
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by djkirkoo2(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
sweetgala:

Shut up , he said what I would have said and I am an active Christian. So many people in the south have this strong opinion that intends to debase anyone north of the Niger and Muslims as inconsequential beasts, lacking in education and therefore should not be considered.

They are more concerned if they hear of a church bombed but never care about the more than 5 mosques bombed and Muslims killed.

Nigeria has an equal population of Christians and Muslims, we have provided support for western Christian based caolitions under NATO and done their bidding in Liberia, Sierra Leon and Somalia without anyone having a problem.

We are suffering from a serious dreg, individuals who have taken territory in the past and have allied with ISIS a global threath all under the false banner of Islamic idealisms, it is most appropriate that the central country for correct Islamic doctrine establishes a coalition of fellow Muslims who would crush these animals be it Boko Haram , ISIS, Al Queda in the magreb, Al shabab and Nigeria being a victim of these animals should be part of that.

The president is correct any Christians who have a problem with it should join the fight, so many times good Muslims have been told to address this matter and now they are doing just that.
You just they talk rubbish. I pity your people. I even wonder if you are a Christian or a disguised Christian. We Christians wey northerners dey call infidel & u dey here dey spew rubbish

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Raziii(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
some of you know nothing about leadership... How can a president make such statement. Its really sad! I watched the interview and the expression on his face while making that statement says alot! Let the youth start reading books on leadership...cos obviously we no nothing about it, thats why we grow up to become absurd leaders

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Terye(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
kick:
He has finally played into the hands of isis. We should have fought it like it was just some kind of misunderstanding from the north. Now he has given Nigeria global attention for isis to strike. The country is Doomed because isis is more strategic. Any bomb throw to south-east, South-south, South-west then Nigeria will shelter like a piece of glass. This will result to tribal war.
our president don talk everything .

**in don Jazzy voice** Ogaaaa kick, if you want to fight, goan join them. Thank you.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
ofedegbe:

How long has Alqaeda ISIS Taliban been fully operational
what has Saudi Arabia and the likes done to curb this menace all this while
so you mean joining countries that have been toothless in the fight against terrorism is the way?
why not align with the likes of Russia or Germany??

You do know that the issues affecting the middle East are not new and have been present well before the world wars, Saudi Arabia sat there and watched Lebanon, Egypt , Jordan get mauled by Isreal in the 6 day War.

Going back 20 years Gaddafi was protesting the lack of unity among the North African and middle Eastern nations.

Saudi. A have invested so much in the attempt to break Iran going back years now, currently they are carpet bombing Yemen, this is not the first time, they've had political issues with Lebanon and Turkey at different time.

Pls read up on your international diplomacy. That area of the world is a mess where none of the countries are friends and are deeply suspicious of each other, funding of militias against each other.

What is now Al Queda and the Taliban was formed way back in the 60s and 70s form the fallout from the Afghan war, where the US governmentand Saudi poured money into mujahedeen fighters who fought the Russians, the political differences between S.Arabia and Iran.

Germany, US,UK ,France, Canada, literally all the NATO countries poured money, troops and military might into Iraq and Afghanistan for over 13 years and they have not even come near displacing Al Queda.

After the effort of the US in Iraq, it took less than 12 months for ISIS to grow from nothing to taking over most of the country and them establishing a presence in Syria, taking advantage of a lawless Lybia.

The reason why the Muslim coalition would succeed where the US lead JTF failed is because they have the moral advantage to defeat the fundamental attraction to Islamic extremism.

They need to take the lead, countries from Europe and America can't appropriately address the route causes of young men getting brainwashed under false doctrine.

You would also need to know that S.Arabia next to Russia and US have the most equipped air force, Lebanon and Jordan also have what is a great air force, Egypt have a well organised Army, Nigeria can very well gain a lot in knowledge acquisition and technology transfer, Pakistan need to join the fight likewise Malaysia.

The OIC had always set a plan to combat Islamic extremism in their mission statement going back decades, it's seems they about to walk the talk

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by flokii: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
Christianity in Nigeria has gone to the dogs..

Especially some group of people who believe they are d 'purest' & 'most worthy' in every way

I call them bunch of religious bigots forming Christianity.. Like they know what it entails

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by erico2k2(m): 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Buhari said a very bitter truth.
Some Christians (Nigerian Christians) Can be so annoying I don't blame atheists sometimes.
So in ur book no Christian in the Nigerian army fighting BH right? Did you not see the photo of on praying with his Bible? Or do Muslim now pray with the bible? ?
We should be wise. Even if he held such views. The should be kept in his prejudice heart not laid bare to the world.That's more like knocking ur country down if U ask me.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by 1shortblackboy: 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
purpledferanmi1:

U r liar joor, don't use the easiest route out, you don't live in kano nor never stayed at kano
I can't and have no intentions of proving to u that I lived in kano. If u no believe me na u sabi
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by fortunechy(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
this failed man is nw soundin religiously biase
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by erico2k2(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
sweetgala:

The president is not speackiy of the great Nigerian Army, which is a tribe unto itself if heros and heroines from across the country.

He is speaking of the bloody civilians and wailers who never have anything good to say about the president and find fault in him being a Northern Muslim, those are the idiots that can stop shouting "he wants to islamise Nigeria", pick up a rifle and go to sambisa
So U don't know Muslims wail too.the vast majority of the dead in the North are Muslim or you forgot
U are reasoning like PMB.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Roadmike(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
sirklin:
President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed Nigeria’s membership of the Islamic Coalition Against Terrorism being spearheaded by Saudi Arabia amidst speculations of alleged plan to Islamise the country.

The President made the disclosure in an interview he granted to Al-Jazeera during his recent visit to Doha, Qatar, while the interview was aired on Saturday.

When asked whether Nigeria was part of the Islamic coalition, Buhari answered in the affirmative.

He attributed the reason behind the decision to the fact that there are terrorists in Nigeria who claim to be Muslims.

“We are part of it (the Islamic coalition) because we’ve got terrorists in Nigeria that everybody knows which claim that they are Islamic.

“So, if there’s an Islamic coalition to fight terrorism, Nigeria will be part of it because we are casualties of Islamic terrorism,” the President said.

Buhari said he discussed Nigeria’s membership of the coalition with King Salman Bin Abdul-Aziz during their meeting in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia when he visited the country recently.

He however did not disclose how the membership of the Islamic coalition would be beneficial to Nigeria when asked to do so.

He said it would be wrong to disclose the details to the media.

“Well, that we mentioned under Lake Chad Basin Commission, our regional grouping compromising Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Benin and we dedicated a certain number of troops to be deployed in our own sub-region and I don’t think we have to tell the press the details of that,” he simply said.

Buhari however justified Nigeria’s membership of the Islamic coalition, saying there is nothing wrong in joining the coalition since members of the Boko Haram sect fighting in Nigeria have claimed they are Muslims even when their activities are anti-Islam.

He added that the Boko Haram itself had declared loyalty to ISIS

He said, “I’ve just told you it is the Boko Haram itself that declared loyalty to ISIS.

“ISIS is basically based in Islamic countries. Now, if there’s a coalition to fight Islamic terrorism, why can’t Nigeria be part of it, while those that are fighting in Nigeria as Boko Haram claim to be Muslims? But the way they are doing it is anti-Islamic.”

When confronted with the fact that Nigeria has large populations of both Muslims and Christians and that some Christians are complaining that he is giving Islamic identity to the country by his actions, Buhari wondered why the Christians who are complaining have not deemed it fit to confront members of Boko Haram in the North East or militants in the South South

“Why can’t those Christians that complained go and fight terrorism in Nigeria or fight the militancy in the South. It’s Nigeria that matters, not the opinion of some religious bigots,” he declared.

The President however denied any attempt to change the religious identity of the country.

He said, “How can I change the religious identity of Nigeria?

“No religion advocates hurting the innocent and just because the Muslims are the ones that claim to be Boko Haram and they are killing innocent people whether in the church, in the bus or in the market place, then I will just sit and look at them because I too am a Muslim? Islam is against injustice in any form.”
http://www.punchng.com/38715-2/

For the information of All and Mr President himself, majority of solders involved in the fight against terror in the North East were mainly Southern Christian same for the casualties. Its only of rent that the Buratais of this world are getting involved when the war is almost over.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
erico2k2:

So U don't know Muslims wail too.the vast majority of the dead in the North are Muslim or you forgot
U are reasoning like PMB.

Since you are aware that the main casualties of the insecurity of BH why then have you resolved to stop the president from stopping the menace.

Why have so many Christians become so bitter about a Muslim president who practises his religion. The country was not set on fire when GEJ was frequenting Isreal to pray for deliverance and doing the bidding of CAN
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by OBAGADAFFI: 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
sweetgala:

So Oby figting for Chibok girls is a bloody civilian
CAN and PFN preaching and speaking against terrorism are bloody civilian.
Civilian JTF (Muslims and Christians) assisting in the North are bloody civilians.

I don't blame you for your comments, i blame a our forefathers AWO and ZIK that made you and i remain in Nigeria.
I really wish they had seen today back-then

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Roadmike:

For the information of All and Mr President himself, majority of solders involved in the fight against terror in the North East were mainly Southern Christian same for the casualties. Its only of rent that the Buratais of this world are getting involved when the war is almost over.

Really, I guess the Martians have just set you free after reworking your brain.
In this same Nigeria ,where the majority of the rank and file are northerners who join the army in droves, it remains fact that for every 1 Christian killed by BH in the North over 20 Muslims are killed

Most importantly these people irrespective of their religion are Nigerians first and foremost. A life worth more than a billion bucks.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
djkirkoo2:
You just they talk rubbish. I pity your people. I even wonder if you are a Christian or a disguised Christian. We Christians wey northerners dey call infidel & u dey here dey spew rubbish

So as a Christian I should go about carrying hate and bigotry in my heart because I heard it on NL that a northerner may have called Christians infidels a unsubstantiated myth.

I've always said it that hypocrisy is one of the main traits of modern Christianity, it fails to practice the love of Christ

3 Likes

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
[size=20pt]
BoleynDynaSTY:
He however did not disclose how the membership of the Islamic coalition would be beneficial to Nigeria when asked to do so.
[/size]
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by Zamurano1(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
Sweetgala , I 4bid you from calling yourself an active Christian, the way you talk and reason in respect to this matter does not portrait you as one.
Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
Zamurano1:
Sweetgala , I 4bid you from calling yourself an active Christian, the way you talk and reason in respect to this matter does not portrait you as one.

What would you rather I say, death to all Muslims

Hypocrite you obviously did not read your Bible , other than being spoon feed whatever your pastors want you to know about prosperity

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari by tuscani: 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2016
domopps:
You mean PMB also said this ? why not watch the video. its there on you tube

Cheeeeers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Chairman, Oshiomhole Wears New Look (Photo) / What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour / Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.