Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage (45416 Views)

Bride Runs Away After Groom Fails To Provide Traditional Marriage Items / Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by lezz(m): 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
FTBOY:
ha!!! bro, can you expatiate on the emboldened. WTF!!!! shocked shocked shocked
I will with pleasure, my brother.

The court is first and foremost a court of law before justice.

If a man catches another man drilling the daylights out of his wife and they were married statutorily, a plea of remorse or claim of neglect by the wife can drag that case on and on. grin it's that bad.

If the woman says she still wants the marriage, the judge has the discretion to tarry and stall the divorce wishes of the hubby.

_fuck it!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
Woow. That's new. Every other person knows that the law in Nigeria for marriage favors the man more. It's an open secret. So, i'm gobsmacked to hear that it was created by "feminist" according to you. In Nigeria (which happens to be my location at the moment and casestudy too) unless the estate is jointly owned, no judge will hand over such to the woman. What the law simply do in Nigeria is to secure the woman against injustice especially from the in-laws and ill treatment from the man which every well-meaning man shouldn't object to. Seriously, do people still marry in 2016 without going to the registry? That's like the first thing naa. It's a rule of thumb. Oh well..
Sunymoore:

I'll run away from registry because, the laws are created by some bigoted heavy feminist! I'll not want a situation where I'll divide half of my money with someone whereby, I'm the only person that worked for it. I don't want to lose my house and my car and also pay monthly due to some lazy fellow... I strongly dislike to halved my retirement money with another person.
These are my reasons... So, without the registry, I'm free of these and I can still do what I'm responsible to do...
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Barywhyte(m): 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
TheArchangel:
To me marriage is a business contract or like a land lease mumbo jumbo.
When the business is losing or not making enough profit you can retrench or layoff workers and so also when the land lease is up you renew until the parties are exhausted with the constant renewal and decides to seek for other lands.

Lolzzz

And this is coming from a woman!
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by FTBOY: 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
lezz:
I will with pleasure, my brother.

The court is first and foremost a court of law before justice.

If a man catches another man drilling the daylights out of his wife and they were married statutorily, a plea of remorse or claim of neglect by the wife can drag that case on and on. grin it's that bad.

If the woman says she still wants the marriage, the judge has the discretion to tarry and stall the divorce wishes of the hubby.

_fuck it!!!
WTF!!! but does the same apply for a man whose wife caught fvcking another woman? undecided
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by lezz(m): 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
FTBOY:
WTF!!! but does the same apply for a man whose wife caught fvcking another woman? undecided
Technically it does!!!

But in actuality, a woman pleading to a judge to opt her out of a marriage will be viewed with more empathy than a man.

She'll always have the advantage.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Sunymoore(m): 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
Woow. That's new. Every other person knows that the law in Nigeria for marriage favors the man more. It's an open secret. So, i'm gobsmacked to hear that it was created by "feminist" according to you. In Nigeria (which happens to be my location at the moment and casestudy too) unless the estate is jointly owned, no judge will hand over such to the woman. What the law simply do in Nigeria is to secure the woman against injustice especially from the in-laws and ill treatment from the man which every well-meaning man shouldn't object to. Seriously, do people still marry in 2016 without going to the registry? That's like the first thing naa. It's a rule of thumb. Oh well..
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Sunymoore(m): 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
How do Nigerian law favour men? That's why, we'll fight against join estate in Nigeria, but we'll be just... And finally, no registry...
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Joy1706(f): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2016
vanbonattel:

with una kind of desperation to get married you will not even wait for traditional marriage before getting pregnant for him
Not all girls are desperate. You need to upgrade the kinda girls u hang out with. When a girl knows her worth, she will insist on the right/best thing for her

1 Like

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Joy1706(f): 12:13am On Mar 10, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Are you for real?

When there are thousands out there willing even to cohabit without any formalities.
Well I know thousands out there who will insist on the right thing being done.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 5minsmadness: 12:13am On Mar 10, 2016
YelloweWest:

That one na your own! If you like no protect your self and your kids.
By the time you have kids and your breast flat like bathrooms slippas like my own , if you are not married to a good man and he falls in love with a young girl with standing breast, your own Don finish!
Protect my children from the one who is supposed to protect me? Lol!
If I don't have the love of such a man then there is no need to marry. The man I will marry will love me for who I am and not for my breast.
The problem with us women is that we marry men for what they have, not what they are. I'm not saying ladies should marry beggars but at the end of the day it is the qualities of a man you marry and not his possessions.

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by iykedare(m): 12:18am On Mar 10, 2016
YelloweWest:

Once u marry it's no longer your money but our money o

Shut the Bleep up. Why do you parasites like to reap where you didn't sow?

1 Like

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by smite(m): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2016
2good:

A man is responsible to his kids not a problematic ex wife. Why should the man always be the one to give? Don't men and women get thesame education and opportunity in Nigeria?

I keep asking ladies this same question... why do they always have to rely on a man...whereas both got the same education and opportunities in life
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Sunnynwa: 12:28am On Mar 10, 2016
Joy1706:

Well I know thousands out there who will insist on the right thing being done.

And what is the right thing?
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Princewell2012(m): 12:36am On Mar 10, 2016
Hmmm, i have already created a thread about these. infact it is even only the traditional marriage that God recognized.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by slimmax: 12:44am On Mar 10, 2016
5minsmadness:

If I don't have the love of such a man then there is no need to marry. The man I will marry will love me for who I am and not for my breast.
The problem with us women is that we marry men for what they have, not what they are. I'm not saying ladies should marry beggars but at the end of the day it is the qualities of a man you marry and not his possessions.

Babe you deserve a warm hug. You earned my respect.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:50am On Mar 10, 2016
Vyolet:
None of those laws work here in Nigeria, when a man divorces you or you divorce him, no one would force him to give you Nada, unless he is responsible enough to know his responsibility.

My sister, a divorce man or woman has no responsibility.

Wake me up and I will repeat.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Excuzeme: 4:00am On Mar 10, 2016
Adeboyefa:
Everybody's business is nobody's business. No sane woman married only traditionally will pool her resources together with the man's (e.g.in joint accounts, joint building projects,etc), knowing fully well he can legally bring in another wife under native law and custom at any stage. She will rather open secret accounts in the names of her children and show you her "low" account balance from time to time, while building her own house secretly. Women concentrate on their children in traditional marriage.

Under registry marriage, your wife will concentrate on you as long as she feels she is your one-and-only while the women outside will treat you as a public tap.

Every marriage system has its pros and cons. Make your choice;it's your life.

If the above was a GUARANTEE of a PEACEFUL MARRIAGE, then Court Divorce would have been outdated!

As a matter of fact, Marriage under the Act tend to collapse faster than those done under traditional guide-ship.

Again, all these "secret-this, secret-that" are the very source of mistrust that will quickly breakdown the marriage.
You may think you are smart and like every thing kept secret, get exposed without your even being aware!
The man would just be looking at you at night thinking in his head: This one think say im smart abi, l go show am Pepper! grin grin

I've heard stories of many women who followed that part and bought land secretly but once their husband discovered, that is the end of the marriage - because TRUST has been broken irretrievably.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Excuzeme: 4:07am On Mar 10, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:

It is first and foremost, a matter of CHOICE......... and then secondly a matter of AGREEMENT!

if a woman thinks she can use is as a weapon of Blackmail, subtle or not, then it becomes an act of coercion, which in most cases has already sown the seed of destruction (of such marriage!)

As they say, "Cunny-Man die, Cunny-man bury-am" grin grin undecided undecided
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by henryhemon(m): 4:15am On Mar 10, 2016
bukatyne:

In this Nigeria?

grin

Even a correct church will not wed you without a license from the court or a marriage certificate obtained from the registry.

Peeps are still queuing to get married at the registry

Watever rocks your boat

No sane priest asks for marriage certificate or court license.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by henryhemon(m): 4:18am On Mar 10, 2016
5minsmadness:

You 're a class act. kiss
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by obowunmi(m): 4:58am On Mar 10, 2016
5minsmadness:

You're a woman? Thought you were a guy.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by delishpot: 5:40am On Mar 10, 2016
lezz:

In Nigeria statutory and customary marriages have an ocean of difference.

1) if you marry statutorily, only a Federal HIGH COURT CAN PRONOUNCE YOU DIVORCED!!! undecided ( I think Imo state is the only exception to state courts)

2) If you marry statutorily, you become liable to the offence of bigamy ( the crime of marrying more than one wife) it carries jail time without the option of fine.

3) To process a divorce is expensive. Lawyers charge more going to high courts grin

4) Your wive gets to keep a certain percentage of your estate in almost any circumstances BY LAW!!!

5) IF YOU CAUGHT HER IN BED WITH ANOTHER MAN, GETTING A DIVORCE MIGHT BE TOUGH

6) MOST COUNTRIES DO NOT RECOGNISE ANY OTHER FORMS OF MARRIAGE. _FUCK YOU THINK AKATA BOYS ARE MARRYING LOCAL GIRLS STATUTORILY FOR ?

Women are not the only cause marriages failure. Some marriage are not worth investing time and emotion from the women. If you put a woman at home and expect her to restrict her career so as to be able to handle the home front while you spread your own wings as a man to achieve all achievable don't you think the woman deserves some compensation for her time? Besides bigamy can also mean a woman marrying more than one man at a time. Just that the average Naija man knows he is 90% likely to commit this crime compared to the women folks.
If you do not want your wife to get a dime from your purse, then get ready to not limit her in what ever way she chooses to grow and prosper her life while you are married to her. So that should she decide to leave you or you decide to leave her, she has her own life built up for her already.
You guys come here to discuss what you will and will not allow your wife do as if you own a human being like you own a property. Then you restrict her like a child because you married her only to turn around and claim she did not sacrifice/contribute anything to your financial growth during your marriage to her?

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by mira4u: 5:58am On Mar 10, 2016
If the marriage is not registered under the law(court marriage), it is null and void.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 5minsmadness: 6:08am On Mar 10, 2016
MizMyColi:

If I may ask please..

In this age and time, do people still place premiums on Church weddings and receptions?
Yes you may ask smiley
And yes. Yes they do smiley
The weddings u attended that weekend attests to this wink
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 5minsmadness: 6:24am On Mar 10, 2016
obowunmi:

You're a woman? Thought you were a guy.
I found out the meaning of your moniker. You can't expect any decent lady to take you seriously with a moniker like that angry
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by MsGlobalwonder(f): 6:27am On Mar 10, 2016
Loool. I know your type. When you love-up now ehen... you will even put everything you have in the name of your wife. All u need is a great sexx grin grin. cheesy
Excuzeme:

It is first and foremost, a matter of CHOICE......... and then secondly a matter of AGREEMENT!

if a woman thinks she can use is as a weapon of Blackmail, subtle or not, then it becomes an act of coercion, which in most cases has already sown the seed of destruction (of such marriage!)

As they say, "Cunny-Man die, Cunny-man bury-am" grin grin undecided undecided
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by obowunmi(m): 6:42am On Mar 10, 2016
5minsmadness:

I found out the meaning of your moniker. You can't expect any decent lady to take you seriously with a moniker like that angry

Don't judge me. Will you take me seriously? I like what we have.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by obowunmi(m): 6:53am On Mar 10, 2016
5minsmadness:

So strange how you were male before and now you're female. shocked shocked angry
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by mhizaniel(f): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2016
postmann:

I'm sorry to be late to this thread.

Truth is marriage is too sacred to be interfered with by some godless scholars. Who the hell is a judge or magistrate or whatever to pronounce anyone married or divorced? GOD is the owner, originator of marriage, not man. And we are to abide by GOD's standard in marriage. When man attempt to fix issues he never originated by his own knowledge and understanding, he only complicate it further and prove he isn't truly wise.

Even priests have no scriptural backing to join anyone in matrimony. They can only bless a marriage.

An unmarried girl belongs to her father. And he only can give her out in marriage with his blessings to any man she chooses. His role is to advice and counsel her before she makes her choice and after.

Children belong more to their fathers even in divorce. They trace their lineage through their father and therein lies their inheritance and identity.

Since man-made, carnal institutions have poked their noses into marriage, divorce is rampant and most times for flimsy reasons.
I pity the soul of any judge who has ever dissolved a marriage save for adultery. On issues of threat to life, I believe the appropriate response is separation, and not outright divorce.

Still, I believe a judge should have no powers dissolving any marriage. Such an institution is too sacred for his carnal mind to meddle into.

Traditional marriage is the most spiritual and significant. There you abide by custom and pay every dues to the bride's parents and relative. Then you would have settled both man and spirit.

But she's not a property oooo!

So smart men will never in the first place trust their marital covenant to be based and supervised by some spiritually hollow intellectuals, A.K.A wise-fools.
thumbs up for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Vyolet(f): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

My sister, a divorce man or woman has no responsibility.

Wake me up and I will repeat.
The kids are the responsibility.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by lezz(m): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2016
delishpot:

Women are not the only cause marriages failure. Some marriage are not worth investing time and emotion from the women. If you put a woman at home and expect her to restrict her career so as to be able to handle the home front while you spread your own wings as a man to achieve all achievable don't you think the woman deserves some compensation for her time? Besides bigamy can also mean a woman marrying more than one man at a time. Just that the average Naija man knows he is 90% likely to commit this crime compared to the women folks.
If you do not want your wife to get a dime from your purse, then get ready to not limit her in what ever way she chooses to grow and prosper her life while you are married to her. So that should she decide to leave you or you decide to leave her, she has her own life built up for her already.
You guys come here to discuss what you will and will not allow your wife do as if you own a human being like you own a property. Then you restrict her like a child because you married her only to turn around and claim she did not sacrifice/contribute anything to your financial growth during your marriage to her?

But how does your narrative bear on any point I raised?
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by YelloweWest: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2016
5minsmadness:

What qualities if I may ask? And why bring in wealth into the picture? Who said anything about that? Even poor men cheat! You are a small girl so and single so I'll pardon your ignorance.
Just so you know men are moved by what they see. Will a man get married to a woman he is not physically attracted to? Have you ask why men some men don't want court marriage??
One guy here said it's because it does not give a man options if he falls out of love with his wife! And guess what he is absolutely right! The law does not say you can't divorce your wife. It only says that it will cost you! The wan is entitled to half of what ever wealth you acquired WHILE YOU WERE MARRIED! Marry for love that's good and marry well have all the rights that are available to you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Perfect Wife's Guide - How To Welcome Your Husband Home From Work. / WHY Do Potential Couples Do This? / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.