Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) (1730 Views)

Nurudeen Inwanfero Edo YDP Governorship Candidate / Young Democratic Party's INEC Certificate And Vehicle / Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) by treasureboy: 11:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
EZEKIEL NYA-ETOK EMERGES NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF YOUNG DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Posted by WetinHappen Magazine

Ezekiel Nya-Etok Front line politician and world renown Social Housing crusader, Architect Ezekiel Nya-Etok has emerged the National Chairman of Young Democratic Party of Nigeria, YDP.

This development comes as members and stakeholders of the Party unanimously endorsed Nya-Etok, a one time Governorship aspirant to lead the quest of the YDP to reposition and re-strategize in preparation for future elections across the nation.
In a chat with newsmen, Arc. Nya-Etok who confirmed the development, described it as an enormous challenge of which he feels humbled to accept the tremendous confidence reposed in him by members of the party across the country.
The New National Chair of YDP disclosed that, his party is poised to focus on and harness the limitless potentials in the youths of this country, who form the bulk of the Nation’s population and workforce, but who have been shortchanged and neglected over the years to chart a new course for the survival of the country.
Expressing confidence that Nigeria can be redeemed and made great again, Arc. Nya-Etok identified the vice of corruption which he described as a mega-problem and faulty leadership recruitment process as the major problems that have undermined the development, prosperity and greatness of the nation.
He argued that, YDP under his watch will work assiduously to mobilize Nigerians through advocacy and sensitization to join the new vision of the party to lift Nigeria from the abyss with a new vision founded on patriotism, equity, social justice and equal opportunities for all.
On the role of the party in the current dispensation, Arc. Nya-Etok declined identifying the party as an opposition party, but rather insisted that, the Party will always strive to support positive programmes of Government and constructively engage the leaders with superior arguments where they have cause to disagree with public policy.
He however revealed that, beginning with the upcoming Governorship elections in Edo State, the YDP will field a strong candidate and stressed that, come 2019 and beyond, the YPD looks to sufficiently present her manifesto and programmes with credible Nigerians for elective offices.
Until his emergence as National leader of the YDP, Arc. Nya-Etok was an active member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the platform of which he aspired to run as Governor of Akwa Ibom State.
However, on the heels of the 2015 General Election, Nya-etok announced the suspension of his membership of the PDP, explaining that, he had decided to undertake a non-partisan support and endorsement of candidates based on his personal conviction and assessment of their individual capacities to offer leadership.
This commitment saw him support Koko Abia of the APC, Udom Emmanuel of the PDP as Governor of Akwa Ibom, and some other candidates in Labour Party for the Legislature.
He was yet to lift the self-imposed suspension of his PDP membership before the YDP came calling,having identified him as a Nigerian with the requisite orientation, right vision and intellectual rigour to offer credible leadership and direction for the party
It will be recalled that, with about three weeks to the last general election, a Federal High Court in Abuja ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to accord full recognition to the Young Democratic Party, having been deemed registered as a political party.
Young Democratic Party had sued the INEC, and others, asking the court to declare that, INEC had no reason not to register it as a political
party.
Justice Ahmed Mohammed upheld their petition and ruled that “INEC has
not discharged its constitutional obligation of informing the plaintiff why it has not been registered as a political party, holding that, “The effect of INEC’s action as clearly spelt out in Section 78(4) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) is to deem the plaintiff as a duly registered political party.”
The court was of the view that having received the plaintiff’s application to be registered as a political party on March 17, 2014, based on the provision of Section 78(4) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended), INEC had 30 days to act on the plaintiff’s application.
Instead, Justice Mohammed noted that it took INEC more than 120 days to react to series of correspondences from the plaintiff seeking to know why it had not been registered.
Accordingly, the court ruled that, the time lag on the side of INEC and its inability to inform the Young Democratic Party of its status meant that the plaintiff’s application had no defect.
For more than 120 days outside the 30 days required by law, INEC did not come out to say that the plaintiff had not met the requirements.
The court held that INEC had no reason whatsoever to refuse to issue the plaintiff with its certificate of registration since the plaintiff was
deemed registered as a political party by virtue of the provisions of the Electoral Act particularly Section 78(4), and also considering the letter of submission of application dated March 17, 2014. INEC was therefore compelled by the court order to duly register YDP as a political party.
By this elevation, Arc. Nya-Etok makes history as the third Akwa Ibom citizen to lead a National. Political party.
The others are Atuekong Don Etiebet who founded and led the defunct National Centre Party of Nigeria, NCPN, and later led the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, as National Chairman and Engr. Larry Esin who was a erstwhile National Chairman of Progressive Peoples Alliance, PPA.

By Osondu Ahirika.

www.ydp.ng

Re: Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) by Opinedecandid(m): 11:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
Congratulations, sir.

Without any sentiments of political party or other mundane considerations and colourations, I'm always proud of you. And I trust that many Nigerians - young and old, do, as well.
I'm not a member of your political party, but I can vouch for your thorough-bred status with so much in you to offer our nation.
I wish you well.
Re: Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) by treasureboy: 12:04am On Mar 07, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Congratulations, sir.

Without any sentiments of political party or other mundane considerations and colourations, I'm always proud of you. And I trust that many Nigerians - young and old, do, as well.
I'm not a member of your political party, but I can vouch for your thorough-bred status with so much in you to offer our nation.
I wish you well.

Pls if your a Nigerian youth, this is the place you must be. Its our project.

Its the Nigerian Youths revolution!

Aluta continua, Victoria Accerta!!
Re: Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) by lekjons(m): 1:09am On Mar 07, 2016
Only if there could be love between Nigerian youths online/offline cry
Re: Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) by Sunnymatey(m): 1:11am On Mar 07, 2016
Now, let all the youth get in here. Its time to re-build naija. Togeda lets make our 2morow gr8t.
Re: Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) by ZombieSlayer: 1:14am On Mar 07, 2016
The youths that voted for a geriatic dying old man in his 70s. No be hausa fulani people i dey see for that picture. The party is already dead before it even started.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pics: Ezekiel Nya-etok Emerges Nat'l Chairman Of Young Democratic (YDP) by treasureboy: 7:48am On Mar 07, 2016
ZombieSlayer:
The youths that voted for a geriatic dying old man in his 70s. No be hausa fulani people i dey see for that picture. The party is already dead before it even started.

GEJ was a nightmare bro. Forget about him, lets project this YDP

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Every Nairaland Adult Can Relate With About Buhari's Administration. / Atiku Abubakar Attends Daughter’s Graduation Ceremony Abroad (photos) / White Lady Exposes & Blasts 23yr Lagos Guy Who Scammed Her Despite Her Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.