Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. (4733 Views)

Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable – IYC Replies Buhari / IPOB Replies Igwe Achebe On Anambra Election / Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by PhockPhockMan: 3:31am On Mar 07, 2016
[size=18pt]

Group petitions Ikpeazu over dumping of IPOB members’corpses in pits

[/size]
By Emeka Mamah, Anayo Okoli, Frank Igata & Chimaobi Nwaiwu

Enugu—The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, yesterday welcomed the statement credited to President Muhammadu Buhari to the effect that Nigeria would not tolerate Biafra, pointing out that Biafra would also not tolerate Nigeria.

Spokespersons of IPOB, Emma Mmezu and Dr Clifford Iroanya who spoke for the organisation in a statement entitled “Response to Ohanaeze and Buhari’s disparaging remarks about Biafra on Al Jazeera,” said: “We wish to reiterate for record purposes that our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has not mandated Ohanaeze or any youth group to negotiate for his release.

“The agitation for Biafra is a long and arduous process and the entire IPOB family all over the world understands this approach as espoused by our detained leader.

“We have not come to merely agitate, we have come to restore or die in the process. Some people think we are joking or can be easily dissuaded from this divine path that God-Chukwu Okike Abhiama has mandated us to follow.

“Any negotiation on Biafra must be led by Nnamdi Kanu and nobody else. If roads, bridges and a few junior staff at Aso Rock are our problems as Biafrans, then IPOB worldwide can fund such infrastructural development alone and very soon, we shall do it. Our quest is Biafra- nothing more, nothing less.

“On the issue of Buhari’s Aljazeera interview on Biafra, we welcome his comments because Biafra would not also tolerate Nigeria. Lord Lugard created Nigeria not Chukwu Okike Abhiama, God Almighty. So, like USSR, it will collapse. We, the IPOB Worldwide have decided not to go back on the quest for restoration of Biafra. Nigeria is not bigger than USSR just as Buhari is not stronger than Michael Gobachev. Buhari can kill Biafrans as he did during the 1967 to 1970 civil war, but this time, it will not be the same.”

Meantime, a palpable trepidation is rife in the South-East geopolitical zone following yesterday’s warning from the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, directing all Fulani herdsmen engaged in pastoral activities to retreat to the northern part of the country as their safety can longer be guaranteed.

The pro-Biafra groups said it has become imperative for the Fulani herdsmen to leave the region as it can no longer, ”tolerate the systematic killing of our people and invasion of our land in the name of cattle grazing.”

In a statement signed and made available to newsmen in Enugu yesterday, MASSOB Leader, Uchenna Madu, revealed that it has mobilized its allies to ensure that its directive was heeded.

According to Madu, ”we can no longer tolerate the systematic killing of our people and invasion of our land in the name of cattle grazing. Seventy per cent of Fulani herdsmen in the eastern region are Northern-trained secret army assigned for devastation and secret killing of Biafrans.

“MASSOB in collaboration with IPOB and other affiliates have vowed to protect Biafra land with enthusiastic spirit and motivation from foreign invaders in any disguise. As we have resolved to protect Biafra land, we warn Arewa secret army in disguise as Fulani herdsmen to concentrate on grazing with their cows as any further attack on our people shall be squarely returned.”

On the actualization of Biafra, MASSOB leader described President Muhammadu Buhari’s stance on the futility of Biafra secession from Nigeria as the,”ranting of a frustrated man who has lost major focus on international/diplomatic politics.

“The level of Biafra actualization has gone beyond Buhari’s imagination and comprehension. As long as Ndigbo and easterners in general live, Biafra can never be subdued by Nigeria. We advise the international community to ignore Buhari’s diplomatic propaganda against Biafra.

“We will continue to toe the line of non-violence in our pursuit for Biafra and will not lower our guard to continue to press for the release Nnamdi Kanu,Ben Onwuka and other pro-Biafra detainees in prisons scattered all over the country”.

Preserving remains of killed IPOB

Peeved by the recent killing of some people believed to be members of agitating Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, whose corpses were dumped in some burrow pits in parts of Aba, Abia state, allegedly by security operatives, a civil rights group, International Society for Civil Liberties & the Rule of Law, has written to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to rescue the corpses and preserve them for proper autopsy that would aid investigation.

The group also charged the governor to ensure “that justice be done to the victims, their families and the people of Abia State and Nigerians as a whole.”

The group in the letter, signed by its chairman, Comrade Emeka Umeagbalasi, urged Governor Ikpeazu to urgently intervene and safely secure the corpses to aid investigation.

“Sadly, the corpses have remained abandoned and un-evacuated by the government of Abia State till date. The corpses were covered with leaves and soaked with chemical substances strongly suspected to be a mixture of raw acid and embalming chemicals; for the purposes of disfigurement, erasing traces and making the corpses odourless.

“As at our last checks on Sunday, February 28, 2016, and Wednesday March 2, 2016, the 13 corpses were still there. There is also discovery of another three corpses of murdered citizens, strongly suspected to be members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in Abia State.

“The purpose of this letter of ours is to formally bring to your attention the carnage stated above and to demand that justice be done to the victims, their families and the people of Abia State and Nigerians as a whole,” part of the letter said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/biafra-ipob-replies-buhari-says-we-would-also-not-tolerate-nigeria/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by AceRoyal: 3:46am On Mar 07, 2016
k
Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 4:11am On Mar 07, 2016
Lemme not say what I have in mind b4 this mods ban me...Bubu is always furious @ tHe mention of Bia*** while IPOB is boiling whenever Bubu speaks
Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Aufbauh(m): 4:35am On Mar 07, 2016
DON'T JOKE WITH MY COUNTRY!
"Nigeria fought 30 months civil war; at least two million
Nigerians were killed. For somebody to wake up, maybe he wasn't born during the civil war and to be claiming Biafra again.
"We have a multi-party system, let them organise
themselves and vote for whoever they prefer.
But to try and interfere with the economy and unity of Nigeria and looking for Biafra after the loss of two million people; They are joking with Nigeria's security and it will not be tolerated."
~ President Muhammadu Buhari

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by kettykin: 5:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Aufbauh:
Nigerians were killed. For somebody to wake up, maybe he wasn't born during the civil war and to be claiming Biafra again.
But to try and interfere with the economy and unity of Nigeria and looking for Biafra after the loss of two million people; They are joking with Nigeria's security and it will not be tolerated."

This is at best the height of hypocrisy, someone goes to Qatar to support the state of Palestine and comes back home to tell the world that those clamoring for the state of biafra are joking with Nigeria's security and it will not be tolerated.

Inasmuch as I am not ipob but buhari is the dumbest president, if Palestine State is legal and biafra is legal then buhari should just go back and retake WAEC.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by blackpanda: 5:28am On Mar 07, 2016
This is why these hopeless haters of our democracy and development MUST be crushed and flushed out at all cost. The useless IPOD group only spread lies and hate in everything they say. Trying to use fulani herdmen as a grand conspiracy of the north to inflict harm. If this is true, then why are the same fulani herdsmen attacking the north Benue, kogi and even kaduna have been hit my the herdsmen.

These people claiming biafra are nothing but terrorists!

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Uteghe(m): 5:29am On Mar 07, 2016
Mention one renowned Igbo man that wants Biafra. If you check the misspellings and poor prose in the comments,you'll realize that the Biafra Radio Show resonates with illiterate igbos only. Truth: Sensible Igbos have denounced Biafra.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by dammytosh: 5:34am On Mar 07, 2016
Release Kanu forcefully first then i will start taking you serious.

Talk is very cheap. Anybody can talk.

"In fact, Nigeria will boil if they don't give my village independence"

Without ideology and all those illiterates in charge, Biafra will not come in this generation.

Where is the referendum ? How many people agree that Biafra should come to stay ?

I am not talking about low lives with multiple accounts on Nairaland (some have as much as 30 accounts).
You know with the same 0 ideology argument they put up everytime. No intelligent analysis besides "Zombie and Zoo".

Even known Igbo elites on Nairaland do not support the charade.

Biafra and Ohaneeze are not even on the same page.

So after Independent People of Biafra (iPOB) gets independence, we expect another Indepent People Of Ohaneeze (iPOO) smiley

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 07, 2016
undecided USELESS SET OF PEOPLE DISTURBING THE PEACE OF NIGERIA BECAUSE JONATHAN WAS VOTED OUT. THEY ARE LUCKY BUHARI'S POWER IS BEEN CHECKED BY DEMOCRACY OTHERWISE, HE WOULD HAVE LEVELLED THE WHOLE EASTERN REGION WITH TROOPS BECAUSE HE HATES THAT WORD BIAFRA WITH PASSION. THIS IS WHY NNAMDI KANU MUST BE EXECUTED TO TEACH OTHER STUBBORN IPOB MEMBERS LESSON. BIAFRA WILL NEVER COME AND WE WILL MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T. WE ARE AND WILL REMAIN ONE UNITED NIGERIA EVEN THO WE HATE THE FLAT HEADS WITH PASSION undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by tyson99(m): 5:41am On Mar 07, 2016
dammytosh:
Release Kanu forcefully first then i will start taking you serious.
Don't mind the Igbos

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by StOla: 5:43am On Mar 07, 2016
An insignificant rant.

Nnamdi Kanu approached the Ecowas Court in Abuja that exist at the benevolence of Nigeria.
He termed himself a citizen of Nigeria, maybe he suddenly realised Biafra only exist in his head.

The SE politicians should begin to make the moves for this Biafran struggle, let them raise a motion and ensure a referendum is held and rigged to ensure their independence. I'll be happy to have my region devoid of a certain tribe of people who breath hate instead of oxygen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by internetpirate: 5:45am On Mar 07, 2016
Aufbauh:

One can deduce from this statement that Buhari believes that the agitation is because of his election victory... How wrong!! I mean, from my feelers and personal interview with adherents, I know that nothing can be further from the truth.

I hope this isn't a reflection of the quality of feedback Buhari gets??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 07, 2016
I'm sure if someone like IBB were to be president, there won't be anything like 1pob or Massob 'cos he would be diplomatic in handling such issues unlike the wicked and stiff-necked Davra monkey we have in aso villa.
Fvlanis are one self-righteous, non-conscientious and wicked morafokas to meddle with.angry
Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by dammytosh: 5:52am On Mar 07, 2016
internetpirate:

One can deduce from this statement that Buhari believes that the agitation is because of his election victory... How wrong!! I mean, from my feelers and personal interview with adherents, I know that nothing can be further from the truth.

Yes !! the agitation intensified because of election losers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Chanchit: 5:56am On Mar 07, 2016
Abeg, I no get time to read rubbish this early monday morning, the story come long again. Mtcheeeew!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by sweetgala(m): 6:03am On Mar 07, 2016
internetpirate:

Really, I'd advise you cut off your tentacles cause they ain't feeling anything.

The prime reason Nnamdi Kanu otherwise regional support has expanded so greatly was because of the defeat the SE majority suffered at the polls over a year ago. Suddenly many indifferent Igbo decided they were being marginalized in a APC government they had little representation in at the party level.

Please stop trying we are not deceived, If some SE fellows want biafra they should compel their elected representatives to bring their case to the right body to deliberate such an issue; cue in the senate ! otherwise they can elect those who will come 2019.

The president does not have the constitutional authority to break a certain part of Nigeria up, does not have the power to enforce Federalism, does not have the constitutional power to declare a referendum, all that is under the purview of the NASS.

Any IPOB member who wants Biafra has a representative in the NASS, you know where their constituency office is, do what is truly necessary, to bring about the change you want.

The Nigerian state has every right under all international laws, to see any violent uprising which does not seek the above path as a national security threat that can be put down with military force.

15 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by sweetgala(m): 6:05am On Mar 07, 2016
SirJeffry:
I'm sure if someone like IBB were to be president, there won't be anything like 1pob or Massob 'cos he would be diplomatic in handling such issues unlike the wicked and stiff-necked Davra monkey we have in aso villa.
Fvlanis are one self-righteous, non-conscientious and wicked morafokas to meddle with.angry

Damn right he'll be diplomatic in handling the matter by dishing out millions to SE puppets he can use like he is well recorded to have done with kalu

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Pheals(f): 6:07am On Mar 07, 2016
Ipob. Or no iPob : just cry me a river

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by VcStunner(m): 6:12am On Mar 07, 2016
OK o
Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by LMFashions: 6:19am On Mar 07, 2016
My people don't cower. Awesome cheesy
Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by SleekMallam: 6:20am On Mar 07, 2016
Somewhere in mile 12, iPoo is gathering momentum.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by modik(m): 6:23am On Mar 07, 2016
searchiing4love:
undecided USELESS SET OF PEOPLE DISTURBING THE PEACE OF NIGERIA BECAUSE JONATHAN WAS VOTED OUT. THEY ARE LUCKY BUHARI'S POWER IS BEEN CHECKED BY DEMOCRACY OTHERWISE, HE WOULD HAVE LEVELLED THE WHOLE EASTERN REGION WITH TROOPS BECAUSE HE HATES THAT WORD BIAFRA WITH PASSION. THIS IS WHY NNAMDI KANU MUST BE EXECUTED TO TEACH OTHER STUBBORN IPOB MEMBERS LESSON. BIAFRA WILL NEVER COME AND WE WILL MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T. WE ARE AND WILL REMAIN ONE UNITED NIGERIA EVEN THO WE HATE THE FLAT HEADS WITH PASSION undecided

I am tempted to ask you a very simple rhetoric question:

Would you rather stay where you are tolerated than where you are celebrated?

The prejudice and hate you exude for Biafrans beat my imagination to say the least.

Wondering if your rightful and inalienable choice/right of association and self determination is still alive and breathing in you?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Akpaife(m): 6:24am On Mar 07, 2016
Why Nigeria govt afraid of Biafra
Let my piple go we dnt want again
Stay wt ur slave yorubas kill them as u wish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by LMFashions: 6:24am On Mar 07, 2016
blackpanda:
This is why these hopeless haters of our democracy and development MUST be crushed and flushed out at all cost. The useless IPOD group only spread lies and hate in everything they say. Trying to use fulani herdmen as a grand conspiracy of the north to inflict harm. If this is true, then why are the same fulani herdsmen attacking the north Benue, kogi and even kaduna have been hit my the herdsmen.

These people claiming biafra are nothing but terrorists!

So they should be allowed to continue their menace in the SE because the same was being done in other places abi? Well u heard them clearly, NO it won't be tolerated.
Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by kingdompropty: 6:24am On Mar 07, 2016
The struggle is real. It may take some time, but surely it will one day happen.

Nnamdi Kanu is a young guy that could look at Buharis face and damn him and he is not finding it funny at all. The last time out in court sent a message to Nigerians that the guy ain't giving up. grin

I Love his doggedness and focus.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by iykopy: 6:44am On Mar 07, 2016
The rallying point of unity in the zoo is the igbo man's presence.. Shud he go, the one nigerianists surely wont have a reason to sustain the silly joke of a damned country..

1 Like

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by Abagworo(m): 6:51am On Mar 07, 2016
Brainwashed people. They think since they failed in Nigeria, Biafra will become an easy way to life as preached by the fool Kanu. Most successful Igbos are not an inch interested in what these miscreants are doing.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard. by arantess: 7:03am On Mar 07, 2016
so its on this thread some people have mouth.....yet they keep quiet on mile 12 issue

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Road Dualization By Rochasokorocha At Imsu Junction By Works Layout / / Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.