Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,202 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. (37553 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat Subscriptions. / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by jaydude(f): 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
victorels:
MTN has upgraded some of the self care services using the ussd code *123*5#

You can opt out of MTN Add services by dialling *123*5*4# and follow the instruction to opt out.

Enjoy your mobile.

God bless you! kiss
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by sunnyuche1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
jay89:
Ok. I have done that . what about that of calls

God bless ur head
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
What of air tel? Theirs is the most annoying, especially the useless calls
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by jarmy: 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
i just unsubscribed successfully.
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
bejeria101:

i just tried it and it askd for a command and i couldnt reply with yes to opt out
It depends on your phone. You can try pressing '#' and see if it changes from numbers to alphabets.

1 Like

Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by murmee: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
Bisjosh:
How about Glo angry
And especially Airtel. Every ten minutes Airtel will be asking whether you want to know everything about agriculture. Very disturbing and annoying.

1 Like

Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by ayusco85(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
of you are on telegram click this link to join the chat that's where you will see it

https:///joinchat/Bsr98Tv2wd64h5HVkDwmtQ

Will it work on modem
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by mercydaniel: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
its been posted on our group on telegram
how do I join telegram?
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by ayusco85(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
of you are on telegram click this link to join the chat that's where you will see it

https:///joinchat/Bsr98Tv2wd64h5HVkDwmtQ

It's not opening. Am not on telegram
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Occurstaem(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
you can read the link on my profile and join the group or message the guy you see on that photo he will send it to you
thanks
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by senatorbayor(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
God bless this OP plentiful while putting all your life challenges as a baggage for the MTN grin

I can't count number of times I called MTN customer line, I did same this morning.

I was furious at them not minding how romantic the voice of the lady was.

I was. Having deductions and each time I called to complain.
They tell me " we are sorry sir, we thought you will like that service nd we help you subscribed for it "
"We thought you forget to renew that caller tune and we assisted you in the renewal."

Imagine, I never subscribed for ny of these services they are helping me for.

I had to tell them to stop unsolicited subscriptions and that I don't even want them to send me greetings on my birthday if possible.

The annoying part is their parting words.
They tell you " we hope you are enjoying our services as we do to you" cool
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by julimax(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
God bless your entire family @OP. Free at last!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
Mtn remains my best network as long as I keep getting 800GB with 200naira goodbye to all VPN handlers
dey deceive urself oooo. U want us to start begging u for u impossible dream Abi? Go sleep sir
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by senatordossy: 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
Tanx oooo
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by ehiski23: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
THANKS IT WORKS
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
Mtn remains my best network as long as I keep getting 800GB with 200naira goodbye to all VPN handlers
how do u do it
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by fabulouskeem(m): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
victorels:

You can opt out of MTN Add services by dialling *123*5*4# and follow the instruction to opt out.

Enjoy your mobile.

nice one OP...e work for me
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Sharmeenator(m): 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
Baba God bless you for this. Just opted out of mine, hope it works sha. abeg if you get that of Etisalat, don't hesitate to share it
victorels:

Enjoy your mobile.
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by ayusco85(m): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
works on all device just load card and subscrib and then you can start browsing endlessly no vpn use the default settings on mtn

Tnx
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Alezy(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
800gb that u can't use. Smelling network
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Asiri1991: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
ok na.
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by Orangina(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
.wetin.
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by hawk05(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
tmate73:
works on all device just load card and subscrib and then you can start browsing endlessly no vpn use the default settings on mtn
its just Magic sim. 9mins things. And 24hrs 24mins zoom.
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by ikanason(m): 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
nice one
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by emmydee(m): 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
It worked. Pls where's Airtel's own? Tanx op.
Re: How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. by pacespot(m): 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nice info @op, though I haven't tried it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Golden iPhone5 Studded With 364 Diamonds. / 3 Things You Should Stop Doing On Your Phone This Year / Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.