Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun (19282 Views)

House Of Reps Grill Kemi Adeosun & Others Over Nonpayment Of Pensioners(pics) / Governor Ganduje Visits Kemi Adeosun (Photos) / Nigeria: The Economic Upside By Kemi Adeosun (finance Minister) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by aare07(m): 9:33am On Mar 08, 2016
g
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by tobiasbeecher: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Madam minister we are tired of talk, please can you sit your azz down and actually start putting the talk into manifestation of results. I don't think the common man who cannot food for his family will understand this your long talk
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by shamecurls(m): 9:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Gone re the days when our former will just be giving us Numbers, Indexes and Percentages that don't reflect the true position of the economy. CHANGE IS HERE

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by gfullmoon(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2016
We all know the problem and that is why you were appointed. Fix them first, and do the talking later. With the rate the Nigerian economy seems to be getting worse despite aggressive war on corruption etc, if it didn't not reduce the prices of garri, rice, fuel, power and other stable foods, the war might be meaningless to the masses.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by forgiveness: 9:44am On Mar 08, 2016
Some people will not read before commenting negatively. But i have already finished reading it. No comment grin
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Trachea: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2016
Doing things the same way and expecting a different result is pure stupidity. Every nation is evolving ways of improving their economy and i believe that this woman will deliver in the long run. You dont doubt a person's competence based on age or looks. Where have our World bank competence taken us to? (into the abyss if you ask me). Whether we like it or not, she is the minister of finance and she is doing her job. Moreover, she also has colleagues that she works with. Like the misters of budget and planning, and trade and investment; except you will tell me they are also incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Wealthyonos(m): 9:46am On Mar 08, 2016
Na English she just dey speak. The Govt should support the masses with good electricity and good roads, loans and grants etc. You wil see the difference. #Onos JP
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Deen77: 9:48am On Mar 08, 2016
thesicilian:
I don't trust her level of competence so I cannot follow her anywhere

But you trust madan okonjo, who waste billion of oil boom without saving. Algeria foreign reserve is $155 billion while Nigeria is $29 Billion.

How can a nation with oil be importing petroleum for 16 years of PDP, wasting our foreign exchange on fuel import, calling that largest economy in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by luvbeloved(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2016
tuscani:

WE HAVE DONE THE VOTING, PLEASE DO THE GOVERNING.

Madam please who are you addressing, your people in government or we the citizens ?

Yet again the citizens must be blamed ! Madam, I don't know how ready a nation can be for development, we voted out the last government for this government and you are here asking if we are ready for A B C D E....
The president told Al Jazeera that he is not in any hurry to fix the economy, when al jazeera reminded him the citizens are running out of patient, the president responded fiercely and visibly angry by asking what did the citizens do in the last 16 years, is it now that they want to be in hurry ?

All we ask is leadership by example, the first leakage is the round tripping happening in the banks. I am bringing my dollars home for investment, the banks changes it at 199 naira, when I need dollars to buy raw material the banks sells to me at 300 naira,why has the government has refused to block that leakage?

Secondly, how can you be asking if we are ready to confront those that mismanaged our wealth, we the citizen have done our own we voted them out , it's your turn to act madam. These people are not only in PDP, they form the nucleus of your party.

What financial discipline are you talking about, do you know how much Baba has spent travelling,? do you know how much is budgeted for feeding in Aso rock when Baba is being paid his salary ? Did you see all the leakages in the budget from the state house clinic to the generator room saga ? unfortunately in the interview granted Aljazeera days ago,Baba blamed the budget on saboteurs he said it was done by 60-70% of civil servant loyal to the last administration ... THIS GOVERNMENT NEVER TAKES RESPONSIBILITY, THIS IS GOVERNMENT OF BLAME Please act what you say.

We have done our voting, please you do the governing.!
u couldn't have said more...you hit the nail right on the head! I love u bro...(no homo)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Zico5(m): 9:51am On Mar 08, 2016
tuscani:

WE HAVE DONE THE VOTING, PLEASE DO THE GOVERNING.

Madam please who are you addressing, your people in government or we the citizens ?

Yet again the citizens must be blamed ! Madam, I don't know how ready a nation can be for development, we voted out the last government for this government and you are here asking if we are ready for A B C D E....
The president told Al Jazeera that he is not in any hurry to fix the economy, when al jazeera reminded him the citizens are running out of patient, the president responded fiercely and visibly angry by asking what did the citizens do in the last 16 years, is it now that they want to be in hurry ?

All we ask is leadership by example, the first leakage is the round tripping happening in the banks. I am bringing my dollars home for investment, the banks changes it at 199 naira, when I need dollars to buy raw material the banks sells to me at 300 naira,why has the government has refused to block that leakage?

Secondly, how can you be asking if we are ready to confront those that mismanaged our wealth, we the citizen have done our own we voted them out , it's your turn to act madam. These people are not only in PDP, they form the nucleus of your party.

What financial discipline are you talking about, do you know how much Baba has spent travelling,? do you know how much is budgeted for feeding in Aso rock when Baba is being paid his salary ? Did you see all the leakages in the budget from the state house clinic to the generator room saga ? unfortunately in the interview granted Aljazeera days ago,Baba blamed the budget on saboteurs he said it was done by 60-70% of civil servant loyal to the last administration ... THIS GOVERNMENT NEVER TAKES RESPONSIBILITY, THIS IS GOVERNMENT OF BLAME Please act what you say.

We have done our voting, please you do the governing.!
A big liar, did u ever vote for him

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by tobiasbeecher: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

This is the most important part of her article

Nigerians should start adjusting themselves to the new financial framework which is based on discipline

The budget fiasco was very embarrassing but I will score the government 6/10 so far
Six over what? Is like you're not in Nigeria. On what basis are you giving them such a positive mark? Without being immodest, the realistic score is -1/10
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Leke001: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2016
with due respect to her,I dont think she got the experience or competence to rock this sinking ship called Nigeria...
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by omohayek: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2016
I thought the old complaint was that Kemi Adeosun wasn't communicating with the public about her plans for the future. Now that she is communicating, you're all asking her to keep quiet and just do her job? Why don't you come out and just admit that you dislike her for petty personal reasons, rather than for how well or poorly she's performing in a job she'd only had for 3 months?

It would be one thing if most of you could articulate policy reasons for thinking Adeosun unsuitable for her post - there are people who have done so and whose opinions I respect - but most of you here seem to be animated by nothing more than tribal animus, as the number of Nairalanders who have any grasp of economics can be counted on one hand.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by tuscani: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2016
luvbeloved:
u couldn't have said more...you hit the nail right on the head! I love u bro...(no homo)
grin for the love of our nation... thanks
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2016
The very people that need to adjust in their expenses are the rich politicians not the populace that have been managing since time immemorial.

Somebody should also tell this woman that Articles have never solved anything in Nigeria. If I need to read long article, my best sites are BBC world economy or CNN money
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by tuscani: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2016
Zico5:

A big liar, did u ever vote for him
Thanks for reading the article, I am honoured . However I will ignore the 'liar' part
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by toma3: 9:59am On Mar 08, 2016
ILLITERATE
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Obiodunukwe: 10:00am On Mar 08, 2016
Isn't it ironic that you have given a score that is mathematically impossible within the context of this case.

You accuse me of being generous with my assessment of the govt and yet you go to the other extreme .

I scored 6/10 and I stand by it. I can see a a good foundation being laid. The problem of decades cannot be corrected in 8 months.

tobiasbeecher:

Six over what? Is like you're not in Nigeria. On what basis are you giving them such a positive mark? Without being immodest, the realistic score is -1/10

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by hazyfm1: 10:03am On Mar 08, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

if she z not jailed ... kill ursef

Is NOI your mother?
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=thesicilian post=43565866]I don't trust her level of competence so I cannot follow her anywhere[/quote

U r absolutely correct, I doubt ds woman's competence
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by sidneyj(m): 10:05am On Mar 08, 2016
I don't if am the only one who don't have time to be reading long story about our dear country.

But I won't mind to read the longest story if the subjects are
#1 = $1
New fuel price #50
No more stamp charge of #50
Pure water prise back to #5
Jamb result last for three year.
Universities are bound from going on unnecessary strike

God help Nigeria. God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by SleekMallam: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2016
Madam Kemi, This your article is meant to give hope to the hopeless and soul to the soulless. Too little too late.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Godmann(m): 10:07am On Mar 08, 2016
What is new that this woman has said different from the same old stories?

In her words, the solution is in fixing our infrastructure; what has the present government done in this regards?

I want to see the specific new changes that the government is driving in the Economy.

Same waiting for investors.

Rubbish copy cart
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by NationalHero: 10:14am On Mar 08, 2016
This article is shallow and only scratches the surface of our current deeper economic crises. The pursuit of fiscal discipline or home keeping as she calls it, is no- brainier. As a finance minister, we need an in-depth analysis of workable economic options on ways out of our maze. While I do not stand with the multitude that calls the minister incompetent, I obviously stand with the few that are calling for an urgent and enlarged discuss on ways out of the current economic crises. Nation building should not be in black or white but must be seen to be colourful, devoid of party affiliations or ethnic leaning.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by tobiasbeecher: 10:15am On Mar 08, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
Isn't it ironic that you have given a score that is mathematically impossible within the context of this case.

You accuse me of being generous with my assessment of the govt and yet you go to the other extreme .

I scored 6/10 and I stand by it. I can see a a good foundation being laid. The problem of decades cannot be corrected in 8 months.

Yet again another apostle of "the problem of the past cannot be remedied...'' Are you people not tired of this overused cliché? It's getting boring really. Which good foundation are being laid? Can you tell me one foundation that's being laid that you're aware of? And don't mention fighting corruption because you and I know that the corruption fight is not yielding any result rather then media noises. So tell me the foundation being laid? Moreover I intentionally exaggerated my rating, but if truth must be told that is more-or-less the reflection of the present performance of the change government. So my rating may after all be apt in the present circumstances

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by omenka(m): 10:18am On Mar 08, 2016
The new normal for the global economy is that there is no normal, each nation must painstakingly work out the best path to
follow.
- Adeosun (2016)
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by PapaBrowne(m): 10:21am On Mar 08, 2016
Interesting
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by vascey(m): 10:23am On Mar 08, 2016
I read this fantastic article and I look at our budget. I just shake my head. Who is kidding who?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Deen77: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Simple mathematics for dollar scarcity.

GEJ - 2 Million Crude @$120 = $240 Million

GMB - 2 Million Crude @$30 = $60 Million

Estimates $30/40 Million dollar foreign exchange for importing petroleum products.

GEJ $240 - $40 = $200M excess for other importers

GMB $60 - $30/40 = $20M excess for other importers.

Now for local refinery to produce some percentage, militants blow up d pipelines to supply crude.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Goke7: 10:27am On Mar 08, 2016
omohayek:
I thought the old complaint was that Kemi Adeosun wasn't communicating with the public about her plans for the future. Now that she is communicating, you're all asking her to keep quiet and just do her job? Why don't you come out and just admit that you dislike her for petty personal reasons, rather than for how well or poorly she's performing in a job she'd only had for 3 months?

It would be one thing if most of you could articulate policy reasons for thinking Adeosun unsuitable for her post - there are people who have done so and whose opinions I respect - but most of you here seem to be animated by nothing more than tribal animus, as the number of Nairalanders who have any grasp of economics can be counted on one hand.

well said, its all about bad belle, NOI cannot be finance minister forever yet some fellows can't just let us rest.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by comrChris(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2016
was expecting to see from this her long article the measures they have taken already in restructuring this country

when will our politicians stop writing long articles that has no positive effect to the masses and get to work, we have had stories upon stories yet nothing has happened

first thing the masses need to understand the direction of this govt and also stop lying to the masses
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by repogirl(f): 10:33am On Mar 08, 2016
Make sense on paper....it is to bring it to fruition that is the challenge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIMAID Attack Is An Attack On Education - Atiku / How Oshiomhole’s Doggedness To Protect Buhari In NASS Pitted Him Against Govs / 2019 POLLS: UPP Adopts Buhari As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.