Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun (19289 Views)

House Of Reps Grill Kemi Adeosun & Others Over Nonpayment Of Pensioners(pics) / Governor Ganduje Visits Kemi Adeosun (Photos) / Nigeria: The Economic Upside By Kemi Adeosun (finance Minister) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Obiodunukwe: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2016
Nigeria elected a leader and not a miracle worker or a magician

Yes I will refer to the past because the stench in all fabrics of the Nigerian society is overwhelming. The previous administration took corruption, impunity to another level. Buhari will need his first term put into place a framework for the future.

Some of the foundation include BVN TSA which are concepts that will increase financial prudence and accountability. Government is already making huge savings from the TSA .

The Corruption bill before the HOA is another government initiative that will serve as a deterrent to corrupt officials.

I do not share the view that the war on corruption is just on the pages of the newspapers. Dasuki, Metuh , Baddeh and others currently facing prosecution will not agree with you. There are many people facing corruption charges, a departure from previous practices. No one was successfully prosecuted for corruption under Jonathan, in fact he shielded them.

Abba Moro the man duped Nigerian youths and facilitated the deaths of some of them is now in court for corruption and negligence, is that just on the newspapers as well?

To me, Buhari is the best President Nigeria has had so far. Slow but efficient. Careful but effective.

The Nigerian Army in just 8 months has stopped been a laughing stock and now a it is an efficient unit destroying BH.

Buhari is the leader nigeria needs

tobiasbeecher:

Yet again another apostle of "the problem of the past cannot be remedied...'' Are you people not tired of this overused cliché? It's getting boring really. Which good foundation are being laid? Can you tell me one foundation that's being laid that you're aware of? And don't mention fighting corruption because you and I know that the corruption fight is not yielding any result rather then media noises. So tell me the foundation being laid? Moreover I intentionally exaggerated my rating, but if truth must be told that is more-or-less the reflection of the present performance of the change government. So my rating may after all be apt in the present circumstances

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Misterdhee1(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2016
All of u doubting the woman's competence, what about you giving her that little 'BENEFITS OF DOUBT'?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by omenka(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2016
Charly68:
I can decern a brilliant mind when I see one,I sincerely believed that this woman is one ..may God help you to prove the doubting Thomases wrong in this country.

We voted for a change & I know majority are ready for the change that we voted for,the price may be much but we know that no pain no gain,no pressure no pleasure.

God will help us to endure the season of pressure to withness our imminent season of pleasure... Things will definitely turn around for the betterment of our father land.
Tell them brother!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by chudionu58(f): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

Yes I will refer to the past because the stench in all fabrics of the Nigerian society is overwhelming. The previous administration took corruption, impunity to another level. Buhari will need his first term put into place a framework for the future.

Some of the foundation include BVN TSA which are concepts that will increase financial prudence and accountability. Government is already making huge savings from the TSA .

The Corruption bill before the HOA is another government initiative that will serve as a deterrent to corrupt officials.

I do not share the view that the war on corruption is just on the pages of the newspapers. Dasuki, Metuh , Baddeh and others currently facing prosecution will not agree with you. There are many people facing corruption charges, a departure from previous practices. No one was successfully prosecuted for corruption under Jonathan, in fact he shielded them.

Abba Moro the man duped Nigerian youths and facilitated the deaths of some of them is now in court for corruption and negligence, is that just on the newspapers as well?

To me, Buhari is the best President Nigeria has had so far. Slow but efficient. Careful but effective.

The Nigerian Army in just 8 months has stopped been a laughing stock and now a it is an efficient unit destroying BH.

You and your APC have no shame whatsoever! look at what you just mentioned as foundations the current government is laying....
TSA and BVN?? Who told you it was initiated nor implemented by this government? are you guys broad day thieves that blame our "past leaders"(usually Jonathan) only to religiously implement their policies and programmes?.... My friend, tell us the original change policies not copyrights.... Like:
1. Efficiency desk... Lol
Thieves!
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by judondasylva(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2016
This government is a total scam, how can they continue to say that the budget is targeted to build infrastructure while we can't see rather all I see in the budget is unnecessary spending on luxury.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by hucienda: 10:55am On Mar 08, 2016
ExplorerReturns:
this woman is a joke. since you want us to enact what led us in the 50s and 60s why don't you tell bubu to restructure the country into regions with semi autonomy?

Wicked.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Paulancebay(m): 10:57am On Mar 08, 2016
Its now you are been hit from the left, right front and centre, that you now recognized the need to invest in mining and agriculture! Hypocrite! Where were you ma when the budget was packaged, padded and presented? your ministry was boycotted in the preparation too? You allowed them to allocate a meager 9billion to Solid minerals, a sector of an economy you intend reviving, even the yams you padded for the ministry of propaganda is more than what you allocated the agriculture ministry? where are your priorities ma? I dont need any prophet to tell me your government wasnt prepared for governance, your flip-flop including that of your boss is exemplary! We are not saying you should perform miracles but there lies a problem when your government does not have a clear cut economic policy and the head of the government is egocentrically endowed with single mindedness and un-presidential statements and actions!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by 989900: 11:06am On Mar 08, 2016
I don't know much about her competence or lack of, but so far, she has done more than all our past finance minsters put together since Pa' Awolowo. The implementation of the TSA, IPPIS, BVN (which ironically was signed by the immediate past admin) is a coup in itself by this administration: trillions of naira recovered/re-consolidated, thousands of ghost workers unveiled, and many more.

By the time the budget is passed we'll assess Kemi the more . . . the tough times is bringing out the best in our administrators generally.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Obiodunukwe: 11:07am On Mar 08, 2016
Just because TSA and BVN were formulated by the previous govt does not weaken the argument that it has now been successfully implemented by a functioning government

Of what use is it to formulate policies when you don't implement them?

This govt has taken the bull by the horn and implemented them despite strong opposition from people who benefitted from the previous way of revenue collection and distribution

Instead of using abusive words, counter my points.

This govt is fighting corruption, fighting terrorism and managing the economy fairly well given the extraordinary challenges

chudionu58:
You and your APC have no shame whatsoever! look at what you just mentioned as foundations the current government is laying....
TSA and BVN?? Who told you it was initiated nor implemented by this government? are you guys broad day thieves that blame our "past leaders"(usually Jonathan) only to religiously implement their policies and programmes?.... My friend, tell us the original change policies not copyrights.... Like:
1. Efficiency desk... Lol
Thieves!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by bjdon: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2016
tuscani:

WE HAVE DONE THE VOTING, PLEASE DO THE GOVERNING.

Madam please who are you addressing, your people in government or we the citizens ?

Yet again the citizens must be blamed ! Madam, I don't know how ready a nation can be for development, we voted out the last government for this government and you are here asking if we are ready for A B C D E....
The president told Al Jazeera that he is not in any hurry to fix the economy, when al jazeera reminded him the citizens are running out of patient, the president responded fiercely and visibly angry by asking what did the citizens do in the last 16 years, is it now that they want to be in hurry ?

All we ask is leadership by example, the first leakage is the round tripping happening in the banks. I am bringing my dollars home for investment, the banks changes it at 199 naira, when I need dollars to buy raw material the banks sells to me at 300 naira,why has the government has refused to block that leakage?

Secondly, how can you be asking if we are ready to confront those that mismanaged our wealth, we the citizen have done our own we voted them out , it's your turn to act madam. These people are not only in PDP, they form the nucleus of your party.

What financial discipline are you talking about, do you know how much Baba has spent travelling,? do you know how much is budgeted for feeding in Aso rock when Baba is being paid his salary ? Did you see all the leakages in the budget from the state house clinic to the generator room saga ? unfortunately in the interview granted Aljazeera days ago,Baba blamed the budget on saboteurs he said it was done by 60-70% of civil servant loyal to the last administration ... THIS GOVERNMENT NEVER TAKES RESPONSIBILITY, THIS IS GOVERNMENT OF BLAME Please act what you say.

We have done our voting, please you do the governing.!

Every penny spent on your education was money well spent, you are credit to your parents my brother. I hope others will read and get sense from your words
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by spacefreak: 11:23am On Mar 08, 2016
judondasylva:
This government is a total scam, how can they continue to say that the budget is targeted to build infrastructure while we can't see rather all I see in the budget is unnecessary spending on luxury.

The matter tire me too. The budget doesn't reflect on anything written in that article.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by tobiasbeecher: 11:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

First, the BVN and TSA is not the initiative of the Buhari government. The TSA is not even the Jonathan's government initiative, it's a constitutional provision (go and read section 80 and 162 of the Nigerian constitution), that has been there for long. Coming to the issue of BVN I think you should give credit to the previous regime for initiating it and not unfairly giving to the present regime. Having said that, I will like point out to you that it's one thing to charge somebody to court and another thing to convict the person. I won't be surprised if at the end of the day the courts acquit all the people you mentioned for want of evidence and diligent prosecution by the EFCC. Ibori, Fani kayode and others come to mind.
And you said buhari is the best President Nigeria ever had. Are you serious? What I've seen so far and the pulse of the nation make nonsense of this assertion. You said buhari is slow but efficient, really? Buhari is slow but clueless, arrogant, divisive, vindictive, and largely out of touch on how modern economy should operate. He should do us all a favour and resign if he is clueless on what to do and allow his vice to continue till 2019 when a viable option can come up
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by chudionu58(f): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2016
989900:
I don't know much about her competence or lack of, but so far, she has done more than all our past finance minsters put together since Pa' Awolowo. The implementation of the TSA, IPPIS, BVN (which ironically was signed by the immediate past admin) is a coup in itself by this administration: trillions of naira recovered/re-consolidated, thousands of ghost workers unveiled, and many more.

By the time the budget is passed we'll assess Kemi the more . . . the tough times is bringing out the best in our administrators generally.
Can you swear with father that the implementation of BVN,IPPIS, and the TSA did not start with the previous government? are you a stone cold liar?... Am suspecting most of you guys are paid to insist on a particular line of lie with the hope that gullible people will reluctantly believe! I want to state clearly, Okonjo Iweala who most you love to hate; initiated IPPIS and TSA, trained the needed staff for it's implementation while the CBN commenced the BVN in February 2014....
Shame on you, for desperately trying to appropriate the so-called clueless policies of the past administration....Now I understand, it's damn needless arguing with zombies!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by BolojoKarashi: 11:32am On Mar 08, 2016
I'm amazed that this regime has a plan after all. So get on with it.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Laid2001: 11:41am On Mar 08, 2016
This woman is brilliant and effective joor!

Dangote said he made one of the largest profit in his sugar and cement sector this January/February period. Because he is a big exporter!

This government is for big time exporters and those are seeing result already.

The big importers can continue to make all the noise for all the FG cares. there is no FX to satisfy their hunger!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Laid2001: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2016
The same TSA and IPPS that the ineffective Buffoon said will have debilitating effect on our banking sector and that he will not operate it so as to safe our economy!. He simply kept postponing the BVN when told it will expose the yam eaters as well.

Now a new sheriff is in town and has taken bold step to implement these and save money for this country of ours!

chudionu58:
Can you swear with father that the implementation of BVN,IPPIS, and the TSA did not start with the previous government? are you a stone cold liar?... Am suspecting most of you guys are paid to insist on a particular line of lie with the hope that gullible people will reluctantly believe! I want to state clearly, Okonjo Iweala who most you love to hate; initiated IPPIS and TSA, trained the needed staff for it's implementation while the CBN commenced the BVN in February 2014....
Shame on you, for desperately trying to appropriate the so-called clueless policies of the past administration....Now I understand, it's damn needless arguing with zombies!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by pharmagba: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
ExplorerReturns:
this woman is a joke. since you want us to enact what led us in the 50s and 60s why don't you tell bubu to restructure the country into regions with semi autonomy?
Get informed
Does the constitution make provision for the FG to give autonomy when we have state and state govt.
Please don't make irrelevant contribution this is Nigeria of 2016 not 1970. Those outdated textbook theory.
Read Iran story 2007 to dare

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by 989900: 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
chudionu58:
[s]Can you swear with father that the implementation of BVN,IPPIS, and the TSA did not start with the previous government? are you a stone cold liar?... Am suspecting most of you guys are paid to insist on a particular line of lie with the hope that gullible people will reluctantly believe! I want to state clearly, Okonjo Iweala who most you love to hate; initiated IPPIS and TSA, trained the needed staff for it's implementation while the CBN commenced the BVN in February 2014....
Shame on you, for desperately trying to appropriate the so-called clueless policies of the past administration....Now I understand, it's damn needless arguing with zombies! [/s]

compulsive liar, prove the above, or shut up.

*drops mic.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by chudionu58(f): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
Laid2001:
The same TSA and IPPS that the ineffective Buffoon said will have debilitating effect on our banking sector and that he will not operate it so as to safe our economy!. He simply kept postponing the BVN when told it will expose the yam eaters as well.

Now a new sheriff is in town and has taken bold step to implement these and save money for this country of ours!

Illiterate zombie, for the TSA read this... http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-interviews/199725-15-things-know-treasury-single-account-tsa.html Read number 2 wella!

For the BVN read this.... http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cbn-warns-against-scammers-as-bvn-registration-ends-today/117236.html

Zombies!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by chudionu58(f): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
989900:

compulsive liar, prove the above, or shut up.

*drops mic.

undecided
Idiot, I may have to prove it a million times before a programmed zombie will acknowledge the truth... for the umpteen time....
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cbn-warns-against-scammers-as-bvn-registration-ends-today/117236.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-interviews/199725-15-things-know-treasury-single-account-tsa.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by pjecly: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
leonbob:
my problem with this administration is their lack of readiness to rule and more annoying is their inability to carry the populace along

why would a president announce his plans only when he's abroad making unguarded statements
angry

@Leonbob.......Mention any of the "unguarded statements" made by PMB abroad
Then, You are among the set of pple that belong to the waillers, Wailing about his interview abroad.
The question is this.....Should he disregard the question if he's asked?
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by pjecly: 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
MADAM KEMI.......YOU VE SAID IT ALL. BUT YOU CAN DO IT ALONE.
I PRAY GOD LEAD AND GUIDE THIS ADMINISTRATION.
COS YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR HAPPINESS WHILE YOUR FAILURE IS OUR PROBLEMS NOT ONLY YOURS.

GOD BLESS NGR

JECLY ALL THE WAY
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by leonbob: 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
pjecly:

@Leonbob.......Mention any of the "unguarded statements" made by PMB abroad
Then, You are among the set of pple that belong to the waillers, Wailing about his interview abroad.
The question is this.....Should he disregard the question if he's asked?

you can call me all you want but I am objective in my analysis cuz am not a zombie that swallows everything, right or wrong.
many uninformed Nigerians know only how to support but do not know how to make demands on their leaders and this is very sad

unfortunately we are presently towing the same path PDP supporters towed which led to the mess the party got Nigeria into.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by SirShymexx: 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Dare we look at what worked successfully in the 50s and 60s, and then modernise and re-enact them?

Another reason why Kemi Adeosun is the woman after my heart and why she's light years ahead of pig-faced voodoo economist, Iweala. The fact that she cited something to do with history and looking at modernising what worked in past - shows she has a good head on her shoulders.

Kemi Adeosun for president! cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by iretiland: 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
thesicilian:
I don't trust her level of competence so I cannot follow her anywhere

She was addressing people with enough brain to follow the discuss and not necessarily everybody. One must be intelligent to follow intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by SirShymexx: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
iretiland:

She was addressing people with enough brain to follow the discuss and not necessarily everybody. One must be intelligent to follow intelligence.

Ouch. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by thesicilian: 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
SirShymexx:

Ouch. grin

Puerile, I must say. I have since learnt that it is baseless and degrading to trade banters with faceless entities online(no offence intended towards anybody, it's just the fact - using a username instead of real identities makes us all faceless entities online).
I also know that it is okay for me to criticize my elected / public officials, but not so okay to insult people for their personal opinions.
That, my friend, is the reason I let his or her insult slide.
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by SirShymexx: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
thesicilian:

Puerile, I must say. I have since learnt that it is baseless and degrading to trade banters with faceless entities online(no offence intended towards anybody, it's just the fact - using a username instead of real identities makes us all faceless entities online).
I also know that it is okay for me to criticize my elected / public officials, but not so okay to insult people for their personal opinions.
That, my friend, is the reason I let his or her insult slide.

Huh? What's puerile in laughing at an amusing witty comment?

Anyway, I can't see any critique in ya comment. And I doubt you read the article. How can you even critique when there's hate in ya heart for no reason, against a level headed and bright woman trying to do the job she was appointed to do?

BTW, why "theSicilian"? I'm sure you know Sicilians are outcasts in Italy cos of their black blood due to the admixture that happened in that part of Italy when black folks ruled Iberia for 700 years. And also during Jim Crow laws in America in the 60s - Sicilian migrants in America were treated as blacks. So, are you an outcast?
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Obiwannn: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
tuscani:

WE HAVE DONE THE VOTING, PLEASE DO THE GOVERNING.

Madam please who are you addressing, your people in government or we the citizens ?

Yet again the citizens must be blamed ! Madam, I don't know how ready a nation can be for development, we voted out the last government for this government and you are here asking if we are ready for A B C D E....
The president told Al Jazeera that he is not in any hurry to fix the economy, when al jazeera reminded him the citizens are running out of patient, the president responded fiercely and visibly angry by asking what did the citizens do in the last 16 years, is it now that they want to be in hurry ?

All we ask is leadership by example, the first leakage is the round tripping happening in the banks. I am bringing my dollars home for investment, the banks changes it at 199 naira, when I need dollars to buy raw material the banks sells to me at 300 naira,why has the government has refused to block that leakage?

Secondly, how can you be asking if we are ready to confront those that mismanaged our wealth, we the citizen have done our own we voted them out , it's your turn to act madam. These people are not only in PDP, they form the nucleus of your party.

What financial discipline are you talking about, do you know how much Baba has spent travelling,? do you know how much is budgeted for feeding in Aso rock when Baba is being paid his salary ? Did you see all the leakages in the budget from the state house clinic to the generator room saga ? unfortunately in the interview granted Aljazeera days ago,Baba blamed the budget on saboteurs he said it was done by 60-70% of civil servant loyal to the last administration ... THIS GOVERNMENT NEVER TAKES RESPONSIBILITY, THIS IS GOVERNMENT OF BLAME Please act what you say.

We have done our voting, please you do the governing.!
EXCELLENT PIECE
Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by Dtman: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
: Clearly Mrs Adeosun is incompetent just as I feared .She gave the normal textbook list of Nigerian problems and textbook solutions.I mean any fool knows we have decayed infrastructure in this country and that we need diversification our economy
What Mrs Adeosun failed to highlight is the funder mental problems
: One of the reasons we are witnessing decline in the economy is shortage of revenue and you know the solutions she have was borrowing.

Indeed are borrowing plans should it be maintained will double public debt in 4years
What we need is companies paying their taxes correctly and as at when due I believe the rich the dangote, the otedolas and ko should pay for our current revenue shortage.For the economic to grow we need to stimulate the demand side of the economy.This currently being impeded by lack of payment of salary at the state level Mrs Adeosun need to come up with clear cut strategy to tackle this problem her o level textbook approach will not work

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by SirShymexx: 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
Dtman:
: Clearly Mrs Adeosun is incompetent just as I feared .She gave the normal textbook list of Nigerian problems and textbook solutions.I mean any fool knows we have decayed infrastructure in this country and that we need diversification our economy
What Mrs Adeosun failed to highlight is the funder mental problems
: One of the reasons we are witnessing decline in the economy is shortage of revenue and you know the solutions she have was borrowing.

Indeed are borrowing plans should it be maintained will double public debt in 4years
What we need is companies paying their taxes correctly and as at when due I believe the rich the dangote, the otedolas and ko should pay for our current revenue shortage.For the economic to grow we need to stimulate the demand side of the economy.This currently being impeded by lack of payment of salary at the state level Mrs Adeosun need to come up with clear cut strategy to tackle this problem her o level textbook approach will not work

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun by henrysam(m): 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
When a leader can't lead by example and the only thing is to expect the masses to bear the full brunt of hardship, how do we reconcile that.
Your children are schooling abroad without no hazzles in getting fx but others are suffering to get even at black market rate.
You were interviewed and you corroborated the "tough luck" phrase with al-jazeera journalist. Which simply means other citizens are on their own.
This type of change is killing, one sided, partial and not prayed for.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC: The Beginning Of The End - Abba Mahmood / Gelegele Seaport Development To Begin As Obaseki Signs Mou With China Harbour / Senate Grills Fashola, Others As Ministerial Screening Resumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.