Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview (20377 Views)

Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer / 5 Questions You Should NEVER ASK During A Job Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:57am On Mar 08, 2016
[size=15pt]Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview[/size]

Unless otherwise stated, job interviews are not supposed to be one-sided. While it is normal for a recruiter to ask questions during an interview, it is necessary, if not essential, that interviewees ask questions of their own in return. As a potential employee, you should ask questions to:

– Ensure that the interviewer has no reservations about you.

– Demonstrate your interest in the employer.

– Find out if you feel the employer is the right fit for you.

Three to five questions is a good range. Have more than three prepared, because chances are, some of these questions will be answered during the interview.

These five questions are a great start:

1. What skills and experiences would make an ideal candidate?
This open-ended question allows the interviewer to tell you what they are looking for.

2. What is the single largest problem facing your staff?

This shows the interviewer that you are trying to find out how you can fit in the part of the team. It also shows your ability to think like an engaged team member.

3. What do you like most about working here?
This will hopefully provide insight into how satisfied employees are with working at the organization. It may also provide insight into the company culture.

4. How has this position evolved since it was created?
You will find out how the role has changed over the years. This will help you find out if there is potential for growth in the position.

5. What constitutes success in this position and in this organisation?
This will show you whether your definition of success is in line with that of the organisation and it will help you find out if the organisation is a good fit for your career.

And two more:

6. Can you tell me about the team I’ll be working with?
Note that you said ‘will’; you are speaking like you already have the job. This is an important question because it will help you find out what kind of people you will interact with on a daily basis, so pay attention to the answer.

7. What is the top priority of the person in this position over the next three months?
This will help you form an idea of what to focus on when you start so that you can make a good first impression.

By asking these questions, you show confidence and interest in the vacant position and the organisation as a whole. Good luck in your next interview.

What other questions can you ask your interviewer? ****

**** http://635.gtbank.com/2016/03/five-questions-you-should-ask-during-an-interview/#sthash.yUvSC7jq.dpuf

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by ladygudhead(f): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2016
Are u trying to interview the interviewer too by this?

34 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Swanye(m): 11:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Good
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by iampatra(f): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Hmm,
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by SafetyFirst(m): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Are you trying to ignore the major question?

HOW MUCH IS MY SALARY??

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Lilchilz(m): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2016
yea...

BUT MEANWHILE,

WOMAN
● changes her name

● changes her home

● leaves her family

● moves in with you

● builds a home with you

● gets pregnant for you

● pregnancy changes her body

● she gets fat

● almost gives up in the labour room due to the unbearable pain of child birth

● even the kids she delivers bear your name

Till the day she dies... everything she does... cooking, cleaning your house, taking care of your parents, bringing up your children, earning, advising you, ensuring you can be relaxed, maintaining all family relations, everything that benefit you..... sometimes at the cost of her own health, hobbies and beauty.

So who is really doing whom a favour?

Dear men, appreciate the women in your lives always, because it is not easy to be a woman.

*Being a woman is priceless*

Rock the world ladies!

A salute to ladies!

WOMAN MEANS :-

W ➖ WONDERFUL MOTHER
O ➖ OUTSTANDING FRIEND
M ➖ MARVELLOUS DAUGHTER
A ➖ ADORABLE SISTER
N ➖ NICEST GIFT TO MEN FROM GOD

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by undisputed25(m): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2016
has SEUN sold lairaland to lie Mohammed? if no pls hate me
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Nazacent: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2016
You are entitled to ask these questions when you ve got a backup Job somewhere else

8 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by moneybag100: 11:28am On Mar 08, 2016
Ask this at your own peril and see you loose the job.
Most interviewers are staffs and if they think you are too smart or intelligent than them and you could overtake them after you got the job.. Their answer would be NO.

8 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by fako1(m): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2016
This cant apply to all interviews o. Wey ppl plenty. Who get time? Interview dz days na shoki bi obe oge

1 Like

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Trendy247: 11:29am On Mar 08, 2016
Do you guys owe salary?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by winner01(m): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Nazacent:
You are entitled to ask these questions when you ve got a backup Job somewhere else
lol
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by STJAM(m): 11:32am On Mar 08, 2016
Silly questions. .

I belt you, definitely u ve already lost the job by asking such ridiculous questions.

4 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by olumaxi(m): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2016
6. How do u do?

1 Like

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by TopsyKrete: 11:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Nice tips
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by hikmojj(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2016
Nice one but it all depend on the situations of your employer o otherwise some employer may be offended.
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by shamecurls(m): 11:40am On Mar 08, 2016
Additional question

Am I going to be a contract staff or full staff?

3 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by obajoey(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2016
one of the questions i do asked that do get them on their toes is 'what positive impact/development has the organization witnessed since you join the organization...

Naso they will just say '''we will get back to you', end of interview, next person... i go just laugh...

They will be asking you so many question like say they know it all, but ask them one, interview don finish be that...

2 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by spicytayomic(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2016
nice
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by MoneypassGod(m): 11:45am On Mar 08, 2016
hahahah! So many funny comments. With d high unemployment rate in naija who won take risk.

2 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by wiggle: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2016
I asked question 3 at one interview, and the reply I got was "How does it relate to the job"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2016
I have attended 3 Interviews and I haved worked in 3 Organizations!! You want to know the secret?

Here is it....

Make The interviewer believe that they would lose something if they don't hire you!!

Want to know more on the above explanation? Ask me how!!

1 Like

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by seggzz(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2016
For more and better questions, check my post below; www.nairaland.com/2893102/ten-questions-ask-interviewer-before
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by loomer: 11:54am On Mar 08, 2016
Basically most of these questions go don dey answered before you even apply. Cos dem supose state them for the advert.

1 Like

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Nbote(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2016
Nazacent:
Lolzzzzz.. No mind OP.. Some people would jus go and copy whatever they see online and post. Dis obviously doesn't apply to the Nigerian job market let alone a fresh applicant. Dis is for the Western region and other developed regions where job interview isn't made to look like a date with the devil or meant to unsettle d applicant.

2 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Badgers14: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
Asking all this questions during interview Ebi like say to work never dey hungry you grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by lonelydora: 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2016
I have always asked question 4 and 5 in all the interview i have attended.
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by mikaael(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
Lilchilz:
yea...

BUT MEANWHILE,

WOMAN
● changes her name

● changes her home

● leaves her family

● moves in with you

● builds a home with you

● gets pregnant for you

● she gets fat

Till the day she dies... everything she does... cooking, cleaning your house, taking care of your parents, bringing up your children, earning, advising you, ensuring you can be relaxed, maintaining all family relations, everything that benefit you..... sometimes at the cost of her own health, hobbies and beauty.

Dear men, appreciate the women in your lives always, because it is not easy to be a woman.

Rock the world ladies!

A salute to ladies!

W ➖ WONDERFUL MOTHER
O ➖ OUTSTANDING FRIEND
M ➖ MARVELLOUS DAUGHTER
A ➖ ADORABLE SISTER

this shud kip d gods busy.....its their story...
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by Domnick(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
Lilchilz:
yea...

BUT MEANWHILE,

WOMAN
● changes her name

● changes her home

● leaves her family

● moves in with you

● builds a home with you

● gets pregnant for you

● she gets fat

Rock the world ladies!

A salute to ladies!

W ➖ WONDERFUL MOTHER
O ➖ OUTSTANDING FRIEND
M ➖ MARVELLOUS DAUGHTER
A ➖ ADORABLE SISTER
so wtin concern women for dis post.

Na wa oo ppl get thier own oo
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by badonkadonk: 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
ladygudhead:
Are u trying to interview the interviewer too by this?

I tire o...
Re: Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview by eph12(m): 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
I once asked an interviewer something like this and he said i should get the job first shocked undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? / Firstbank Of Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.