Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,775 members, 7,837,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc (79279 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 5th March 2016 / Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Capital one cup final-( 2 - 0) On 1st march 2015 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2008
We will not be allowed to use our £9million Scotland full back Alan Hutton in the second half of their Uefa Cup campaign because of his previous club Rangers' failure to qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champion League.
Exactly the same situation happend with Ricardo Rocha after signing him from Benfica in January of last season.
What a mess. sad
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2008
dawson is out 4 3week
angry
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2008
happy val to all Lillywhite
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 11:34am On Feb 15, 2008
Manchester United have moved from fourth to second in the list of the world's richest clubs, as Real Madrid stayed top for the third straight year.
Deloitte's Football Money League, which is based on revenues generated during 2006/7, was headed by United for eight years until the Spaniards deposed them.
Chelsea are fourth in Deloitte's table, even though the Blues regularly make huge losses. Arsenal are fifth.

In all, there are seven British clubs in the top 20 positions.

Three of the four clubs that dropped out of the list were also British - Manchester City, Rangers, and West Ham United.

And, looking ahead to next year's report, the authors state that "2007/08 could see England providing half the Money League clubs".

Spanish champions

The list shows that the game's riches continue to be monopolised by the same group of clubs, with only one change in the top 10 from the previous season.

Juventus dropped out because they played in the second-tier of Italian football in 2006/07, their place in the top 10 going to Italian rivals Roma.

Spanish champions

The list shows that the game's riches continue to be monopolised by the same group of clubs, with only one change in the top 10 from the previous season.

Juventus dropped out because they played in the second-tier of Italian football in 2006/07, their place in the top 10 going to Italian rivals Roma.

WORLD'S WEALTHIEST CLUBS BY REVENUE
1) Real Madrid: £236.2m
2) Man Utd: £212.1m
3) Barcelona: £195.3m
4) Chelsea: £190.5m
5) Arsenal: £177.6m
6) AC Milan: £153m
7) Bayern Munich: £150.3m
cool Liverpool: £133.9m
9) Inter Milan: £131.3m
10) AS Roma: £106.1m
Source: Deloitte: 2006/7

Deloitte's figures take into account income from ticket sales, merchandising and broadcasting contracts but do not include transfer revenues and does not calculate profitability.

Between them, the collective revenue of the top 20 clubs - which are all European - grew by 11% to £2.5bn in 2006/07, the highest rate of growth since 2002/03.

Real Madrid retained its crown as the world's wealthiest club, in terms of sales, in a season when it clinched the Spanish championship under Fabio Capello, and with David Beckham in the team.

Its revenues rose to £236.2m from £202m the year before.

'Close the gap'

Manchester United moved into second place, leapfrogging Barcelona and Juventus, thanks to a season in which they won the Premier League and reached both the Champions League semi-final and FA Cup final.

Real saw a 20% increase to take their total revenue, though Manchester United's revenue grew even more quickly, up from £167.8m to £212m.

Dan Jones, of Deloitte's sports business group, said: "With the new Premier League television deals now online for the 2007/08 season, Manchester United have the opportunity to significantly close the gap on Real.

"A successful Champions League run may even see them challenge again for the number one position."

Deloitte says the new TV money could help more English clubs into the top 20 in a year's time.

Meanwhile, Arsenal, helped by increased revenues at their new Emirates Stadium, jumped from ninth place to fifth, while Chelsea's move up to fourth spot means England are the first country to have three clubs in the top five.

The other British clubs to make it into the list were Liverpool (cool, Tottenham Hotspur (11), Newcastle United (14), and Celtic (17).

Ticket increases

Harry Philp, director of sports finance and advisory firm Hermes Sports Partners, said: "The top seven or eight clubs tend to usually be the same, and generally drawn from the big English, Spanish and Italian clubs.

"Real Madrid will have been helped by the very lucrative TV deal that they have, and the fact that their stadium is pretty much sold out for every game.

"Manchester United have been helped by their success on the field but also by ticket price increases.

"They have also done a lot of renegotiation of much of its financial arrangements.

"Arsenal have clearly benefited from the move to the Emirates."

The top 10 wealthiest clubs by revenue, in descending order, are Real Madrid, Man Utd, Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Inter Milan and AS Roma.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by A40(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2008
@xsay
I dont envy you ooh you are the only one on this thread for almost 2 weeks now.Are you sure Lennon is not less than 5'5?

P.S: I never know Jonathan Woodgate was my birthday mate
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 2:59am On Feb 16, 2008
undecided wetin u want make i do?
is as if am the only lillywhite in
9ja 4 now.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by Vieira(m): 8:44am On Feb 16, 2008
xsay, there is a cure nowadays for the disease of being a lilywhite. Go and ask the good doctors at yaba left they will be able to help you.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2008
Vieira:

xsay, there is a cure nowadays for the disease of being a lilywhite. Go and ask the good doctors at yaba left they will be able to help you.

i think u are the
one who need a cure.
Gunners? una bullet don finish?
Carling OUT( 5 - 1) , FA cup OUT (4 - 0 ),
Premiership just 5point way from Manutd with
Chelsea v Arsenal,
Arsenal v Liverpool,
Man Utd v Arsenal,
Arsenal v Everton, still left to play.
Champions league no hope
make una no think of any trophy this
season.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by A40(m): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2008
@xsay
So because una beat Slavia you think you have won the Uefa cup abi? we shall see hopefully you would lose by a respectable scoreline to Chelsea by Sunday
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by Vieira(m): 12:48am On Feb 23, 2008
xsay you no get shame o! see your yeye signature.

I hear your team released a special commenrative DVD of the match! ha ha ha what losers.

That 5-1 is your trophy for this season abi?

ha ha ha
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by ayusco: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2008
heard jonathan woodgate was lookin for a cheap place to move into. he should try spurs trophy cabinent sure he'll find acres of space grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by machu1: 2:53am On Feb 25, 2008
congrats Spurs respect ! una deserve this cup , one united wink
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by presido1: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2008
A-40:

@xsay
So because una beat Slavia you think you have won the Uefa cup abi? we shall see hopefully you would lose by a respectable scoreline to Chelsea by Sunday
what an irony grin grin grin grin

Ass-nal should have collected this trophy is not cos of the naive nature of their La Prof. The era of Ass-nal beating spurs is gone. How i wish they have another game this season
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by Emperoh(m): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2008
People who couldn't get any club had better start joining Spurs now because they will be a hard nut for the top 4 next season
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 10:52am On Feb 25, 2008
@Vieira
i think u now know who need
cure?
Juande Ramos is a man used to
winning things.
@machu_1 thanks

@A-40
if not for dat mistake
i no think say una for
score 1 goal.maybe for ur
dream na Spurs u be wan talk
A-40:

@xsay

All thesame we don collect one trophy first
"To Dare Is To Do'' always remeber dat
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by Mustay(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2008
UNA TRY JO

U TOOK UR CHANCES AND WE FAILED TO PLAN WELL
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 10:58am On Feb 26, 2008
Ramos To Raid Spain With £40m War

Ramos want to strengthen our squad next season
with like of;

On The Wing — Capel

Wingers of course were the root of much of Ramos' success with Sevilla.
With a move for hot-and-cold Middlesbrough left winger Stewart Downing breaking down in the January transfer window, it is reported that Ramos may well head for one of his own: 20-year-old starlet Diego Capel.
The winger possesses devastating pace and tremendous crossing ability and, at such a tender age, has the potential to develop into a world star in a position that is truly at a premium in modern football: a left-footed left winger. (Steed Malbranque, though skilled and determined, is not left-footed and lacks the pace and crossing ability of a genuine winger)

In Goal — Kameni

Another problem position for Ramos appears to be that of the goalkeeper. Since joining us last Nov. a new keeper to replace the calamitous Paul Robinson has been the number one point of speculation from the media. lipsrsealed However, it was Robbo's return this week, as he first saved Spurs embarrassment in the UEFA Cup and then, despite not being back to his best, arguably played well in the Carling Cup.
No new faces were brought in between the sticks in January, but that may not mean Ramos' search is over, it could just mean he could not land the man he wanted. David James, despite being 37, is reportedly a priority. Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp would be reluctant to sell the shot-stopper given his incredible form of late, but Spurs' big money may force his hand. grin cool Another option comes from Spain — or Cameroon, actually — in Espanyol's Carlos Kameni. 13 years James' junior and highly rated as one of the best goalkeepers in the Spanish league, he is reportedly available at a much lower price of just £4.5 million.

In Midfield — Albelda

David Albelda, who was controversially 'sacked' by coach Ronald Koeman. could be coming to white hart lane next season. At 30, Albelda's best years are perhaps past him, but he could play an important role for Spurs nevertheless, with his big game experience being a key factor.

At The Back — Garay

Our first choice back four is strong, but persistent injuries to captain Ledley King may tempt Ramos into signing a top class defender to play during his inevitable absences.
Ezequiel Garay is a reported target for Ramos. Valued at £13.5 million, he would be the most expensive of the signings made so far, but at just 21 years of age, he has several years ahead of him and is already showing incredible maturity at the back for his club Racing Santander. There are rumours the player has reached an agreement with Barcelona, but with no official transfer having been announced by either side, the door may remain open for Ramos. tongue

Up Front — Milito

Nobody expects Ramos to sign a striker — IF Dimitar Berbatov chooses to stay.
His first taste of silverware with the club has no doubt played a huge part in that, as well as the ambition, style and success of the new manager. Should he stay, it is unlikely Ramos will go for another striker this summer — certainly not one he plans to start.
Ramos' number one target as a like-for-like replacement is thought to be Zaragoza's Diego Milito.

I think if we sign some of the above players next season, the number one spot will be our main goal.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by tommyex(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2008
Congrats neighbors
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by manmustwac(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2008
Am so surprised because i didn't believe that a Tottenham Hotspurs thread would be here. I thought it was only Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. Well thanks to didoflex for starting this thread. Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspurs. And am Tottenham till i die.  wink wink wink wink
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by A40(m): 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Xsay
Nice game though yall made me eat my words but common Chelsea was the safer bet lol.Ramos is some coach
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by A40(m): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Xsay
Nice game though yall made me eat my words but cmon Chelsea was the safer bet lol.Ramos is some coach
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by Millena(m): 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2008
Congrats Ttham. You dared, and you did it.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by ritchboy(m): 11:46pm On Feb 26, 2008
I think if we sign some of the above players next season, the number one spot will be our main goal.

your having a laugh mate.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2008
manmustwac:

Am so surprised because i didn't believe that a Tottenham Hotspurs thread would be here. I thought it was only Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd. Well thanks to didoflex for starting this thread. Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspurs. And am Tottenham till i die. wink wink wink wink
Welcome to 9jaspurs
make sure u make this thread
active like others,
that is ur duties as a lillywhite
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by didoflex(m): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2008
Ok Guys! Damn!

I havent been on this thread for a while (again),

During this period I see the thread has been flourishing thanks to Xsay! Kudos,

So we are leaner, fitter, faster, hungrier and better than ever, thanks to Ramos, Alvarez etc, we have lost a combined 50kg , so our players move sharper and faster, Just look at the tranformation of Jermaine Jenas who always had so much potential as a kid in Nottingham Forest,

Anyway, I lost my voice as all the Chelsea supporters were subdued, Its rather pathetic that most Naija peeps are short sighted and think only 4 clubs EXIST that need support, Common guys !! There are 20 teams in the Premiership!!!!!! Jeez!!!! Dont follow the Joneses!!!!!!!!

Again Kudos to Juande for improving our fortunes in a short time, We still have work to do, Bigger stadium, Ramos buying his own players, 50kg less from our boys, no doggy hotels with laced lasagna (lol!!!), anyway, am feeling a bit down today,

Thanks to my BOYS for making me smile!

TO DARE IS TO DO!!!!!

PEACE!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 9:51am On Feb 27, 2008
A-40:

@Xsay
Nice game though yall made me eat my words but cmon Chelsea was the safer bet lol.Ramos is some coach
i knew we have alread win the cup
right from the day my lads beat
arsenal 5-1. for ramos, he
is a World class Coach.
not up to a year in England
and he already has one silverware
on his bet.

ritchboy:

your having a laugh mate.

keep your fingers cross till
next season.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by PoDeep(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2008
Hey!!! So there's a spurs' thread?
Nice!
You know I was a spur b4 I became a gunner.
I'm still a spur anyway. Expect more stuff from me.
Do y'all know we've got sumthn with those chelsea whores on the 19th again?!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2008
grin cheesy
welcome bro, at last i now
have someone to back
me up when am posting.
where u go since?
i was like a lone striker
on this thread ever since
u left.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2008
Po Deep:

Hey!!! So there's a spurs' thread?
Nice!
You know I was a spur before I became a gunner.
I'm still a spur anyway. Expect more stuff from me.
Do y'all know we've got sumthn with those chelsea whores on the 19th again?!
guy i hope u don't run away
when the hard time comes
if u want to be a lillywhite,
away stick to the lane no matter what.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by PoDeep(m): 10:25am On Feb 27, 2008
Dunno what you mean, but:
1. I aint no crazed fanatic, dont expect me to be one.
2. Aint leaving arsenal for sh*t.
3. I appreciate good football, thats why I like Arsenal & Tottenham but I dont support them with biase - IF THEY Bleep UP, DONT THINK I'LL SAY THEY DIDN'T!

But for what its worth, I like the spurs anyway.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by didoflex(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2008
Its nice to hear people like Po Deep, not fanatical, loves his team and when they paly crap, he accepts that they just did that, Nice to see you and welcome you to the Lily White Thread!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 12:37pm On Feb 29, 2008
Team news today shows that
Wembley match winner (Jonathan Woodgate)
is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Birmingham.
(sprained ankle)
However, the is good news is that
Michael Dawson (hamstring) and
Gilberto (calf) are both close to a return.
And may feature in the match.
Benoit Assou-Ekotto is progressing well from a knee injury while Gareth Bale hopes to come out of the protective boot on his damaged ankle next week.

Alan Hutton wore a broad smile after being told that he's now a record-breaker at Spurs - and it's a record unlikely to be beaten!
he picked up a winner's medal just three games with us and therefore beat the previous record held by Jimmy Neighbour who had made only nine starts plus six substitute appearances prior to his appearance in the successful 1971 final in the same competition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.