Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,808 members, 7,831,639 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos (27870 Views)

Alcohol Consumers In Akwa-Ibom To Pay Taxes / FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months / Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by kurt09(m): 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
ladyF:
Ambode we can't take it!!! angry How much madam dey pay sef, I go come drop 1%??

*chanting* We no go gree o, we no go gree.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2016
anonimi:
The Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS), Mr Olufolarin Ogunsanwo, should tell us how much the artistes, bloggers, politicians who announce their:

- N20 million watch
- N500 million mansion
- N80 million car

are paying as TAX.

That should be his focus as a start to expanding the tax net, not so
How can Linda Ikeji pay N6,000 tax for four years while buying N700 million mansion?
Surely that won't happen in the UK, Canada, USA where we are all running away to born pikin and/or work under-employed as SLAVES.

Don't usually agree with you. But, today, I agree with both your post and signature.

E remain to give my life to Christ.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by anonimi: 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
arresa:
1. If you work and collect money for work done, you should pay taxes

2. The poor uses public and social infrastructures just like the rest of the society so they should pay taxes.

3. We want good roads, good schools, good hospitals, safe water to drink, safety and security, but we come up with all kinds of ignorant ad absurd reasons to dodge our social responsibilities and civic duties..

4. Folks in developed countries with jobs pay their taxes hence you always admiring their development and world class infrastructures, something you ignorantly refused to do to better your own life and secure a better society and future for your own kids.

You are your own enemy and I hope and pray people like you are not put in any position to manage anything public..

You have raised good points for once. wink
However do you know why politicians and celebrities do not pay TAX properly despite flaunting their wealth

Airforce1:
WIZKID

Wizkid is without a doubt one of the few celebrities who loves to spend a ton of cash on fashion items.

The star boy in an interview once said:

“My wristwatches are my favourite fashion pieces, I really have a cool collection.”

Wizkid is also the proud owner of a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Sky-Dweller watch that costs about N7.4M.

Credit : Madailygist.com

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2817730_fashwizkkid1_jpeg5288ed0694d10ac252ddd978a4d7bc13

Airforce1, how much TAX have you paid in the last three years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
freecocoa:
Hey there. How is our father lucifer today? cheesy

Hope you have paid your tax for month.
cheesy
Can be quite taxing to pay taxes as a taxi driver. tongue
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

cheesy
Can be quite taxing to pay taxes as a taxi driver. tongue
Lol, them go soon arrest you.
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by erusen: 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Why should I?
why should you be asking me the money goes to "God".now nigga I don't give a Zap what you believe in.but stop poking your damm nose into church business and its affairs especially when you an atheist.am not justifying nor am I giving my stance on tithe but am saying its none of your business.

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
erusen:
why should you be asking me the money goes to "God".now nigga I don't give a Zap what you believe in.but stop poking your damm nose into church business and its affairs especially when you an atheist.am not justifying nor am I giving my stance on tithe but am saying its none of your business.
Lol.
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by anonimi: 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
freecocoa:
What have they been doing with the ones that's been paid? Nigeria is not a country where I will support paying of tax by the poor, like does Ambode pay tax?How about religious organisations? Do the right thing the right way and no one will complain.

If the "poor" don't pay TAX they will have even less motivation to ensure politicians like Ambode and mosques/churches/shrines also pay and facilities, utilities are provided in an accountable manner, not so
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Teespice(f): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
are these people crazy?

taxing house helps.

this is becoming rather regressive where the poor pay more in taxes compared to the rich.

how much do these maids earn kwanu.

2 Likes

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by sorepco(m): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
gabinogem:
Tax the religious centers not the poor... this Foolish government will not learn.

Guy..tho i did not buy the idea initially after giving it a thought i kinda bought the idea. They will tax them just 1% of tgeir earnings. I that is fair....we nigerians are the only people i ve come across that have a phobia for paying taxes....i once had a conversation with the firs director in alaba. He told me of a bizman that had a turnover every month of 300.000.000 naira but wud a monthly tax of just 8.000 naira? How did he know? He had a right to check/verify his accounts with banks!!
For cameroun if you are court..that firs director has a right to block ur account. And if u de douala de sell akara...u go pay tax if u on the street(every 2 meter space u occupy you pay). Akara woman? Even okada di pay tax for cameroun..talkless of hair dresser or barber wey get shop!
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
anonimi:

If the "poor" don't pay TAX they will have even less motivation to ensure politicians like Ambode and mosques/churches/shrines also pay and facilities, utilities are provided in an accountable manner, not so
They should start from the right place, make it transparent and then, they can ask the poor for tax.

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by arresa: 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
[s]
anonimi:

You have raised good points for once. wink

However do you know why politicians and celebrities do not pay TAX properly despite flaunting their wealth

Airforce1, how much TAX have you paid in the last three years
[/s]

I don't fraternize with trolls and anti Nigerian elements..
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by relicng: 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
Is this the "CHANGE" we are expecting?

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by erusen: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
freecocoa:
They should start from the right place, make it transparent and then, they can ask the poor for tax.
oh no a sec........the tithers in church don't they already pay tax on their business places?
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by badonkadonk: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
sorepco:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/housemaids-artisans-to-pay-taxes-in-lagos-lirs/

This is so annoying..

We should be paying tax so u peoples fat bellies can become fatter ba?

This is just plain stupidity... This country is heading to a clear state of anarchy.. Why tax the poor to pay the rich...?

Have they finished taxing those with private jets.. Have they finished taxing those with luxurious cars..

Very soon dey would say we should be paying talking tax, walking tax, hugging tax, holding hands tax, shitting tax, pissing tax, looking tax, holding baes waist tax....

This APC na fraud... Big tym fraud... I repeat BIG TYM FRAUD...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by alaskido(m): 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
Very soon dogs, goats and cats will pay tax. They leave the churches and mosques out of tax and are taxing the poor. This Ambooooo has his brain in his ass. Motherfucker idiot.
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by eleko1: 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
I dnt understand how dis pipu reason/think abnormal sad. Who's Ambode adviser sad undecided ? ? So afta those Iya Wasiu,baba Emeka,Mai suya don pay daily/contribution to Local govt,Omo onile and touts money finish,dey'll sill pay tax from their meagre hustle? I dey wait for the useless goat wey go go to Baba Wosila Alapata shop go demand for dis wuruwuru thing undecided. Nonsense .

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
gabinogem:
Tax the religious centers not the poor... this Foolish government will not learn.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by lobiologs(m): 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
gabinogem:
You are wise cool
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by HITLERS(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
Lolz...faaji governor has done it again

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Tee99(m): 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
yeye

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
erusen:
oh no a sec........the tithers in church don't they already pay tax on their business places?
What's my business with the tithers? I'm talking about the tithe collector, you are talking of tithers. angry
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by herald9: 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
One day the poor will have nothing to eat... Than the rich grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by otiigba1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
This is very unfair these people are already struggling to survive through their small shops, now the dumb government is going to rip them off more under the pretence of taxation, even the rich foreign companies in nigeria do not pay any tax and what happened to all the nollywood actors, musicians and comedians have they paid their taxes? This Another of buhari's dumb idea of making the poor poorer and the rich richer.

I guess this is the "changi" nigerians were conned into believing. I think it's time nigerians kicked this buhari out or things will get worst than this, there will be Revolution!

3 Likes

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by gabinogem(m): 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
arresa:

1. If you work and collect money for work done, you should pay taxes

2. The poor uses public and social infrastructures just like the rest of the society so they should pay taxes.

3. We want good roads, good schools, good hospitals, safe water to drink, safety and security, but we come up with all kinds of ignorant ad absurd reasons to dodge our social responsibilities and civic duties..

4. Folks in developed countries with jobs pay their taxes hence you always admiring their development and world class infrastructures, something you ignorantly refused to do to better your own life and secure a better society and future for your own kids.

You are your own enemy and I hope and pray people like you are not put in any position to manage anything public..

When a government is not ready to wake up, this is all what we see. Please name one thing this government or the previous administrations have done to help the common man or jobless or less privilege... The developed countries have lots of social security schemes for the poor, and I can relate to that if they all pay tax, cuz u are sure of earning something eventually u lose ur job.

2 Likes

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Blackops(m): 10:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
What about guys we dey dabble dem go collect tax from them too?[url]What about guys we dey dabble dem go collect tax from them too?[/url]What about guys we dey dabble dem go collect tax from them too?

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by erusen: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
freecocoa:
What's my business with the tithers? I'm talking about the tithe collector, you are talking of tithers. angry
have u ever heard of indirect tax?,what's your business with tax collectors?
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by repogirl(f): 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
You people will tax all the taxables and yet there will be nothing to show for it. What services are you giving back to the masses, to show that their taxes are being utilised appropriately?

Una weldone.

2 Likes

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by gabinogem(m): 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

The GOVT and the Religious centers are one. Every failure of govt is an opportunity for God to perform a miracle through his holy men.

And Nigerians love miracles, and signs and wonders.
ofcourse I know politics & religion work hand in hand. It will be Godly for the government to tax their counterparts while the religious bodies give happily. This however, will go a long way for the economy knowing fully well that Nigerians are very religious.
Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by paramount123(m): 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
what have you done with the one we have been paying over the years. no good road&no power supply.people are not encouraged to pay tax in Nigeria because our government cannot account for the one collected .The country is suffering despite the abundance resources we are blessed with.well,u go soon extend your tax to the road side beggars

1 Like

Re: Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
Just lie mohammad do say, we are fighting corruption and corruption is fighting back
kennyman2000:
They should keep coming for the poor. One day, when the poor is fed up, the poor will surely come for them too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mamman Daura Tried To Control Osinbajo When Buhari Travelled —junaid / Red Card: "We Didn't Push Out Ortom" - Oshiomhole / Osinbajo Orders Magu, New DSS Boss To Recover Missing N80b After Daura’s Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.