Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana (26440 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash / Seven Nigerians Win U.K Parliament Election / Aregbesola Holds Meeting With Farmers In The Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 8:10am On Mar 09, 2016
The best way to deal with these wild animals called fulanis is to kill them. They are wild beasts and you don't treat wild beasts with glove hands. They do not mind killing others brutally and they should be treated the way they treat others. If not, they will never stop killing and destroying. They need to be shown that they do not have monopoly over violence. This is the only thing that will stop their nonsense.

I'm very sure they will think twice before attacking farmers in Ghana from now on. They thought everybody would just be watching them the way Agatu people were just watching them.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by GHKWAME1: 8:12am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:
God bless the Ghanaians. Coward Nigerians should learn from them rather than issuing lame ultimatums and issuing useless bans that doesn't really change anything.
An eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth.
Everybody goes home smiling

cc:@Fulaman

Some irate youth at Dumso-Bethel in the Kintampo South District of the Brong Ahafo Region in Ghana have slaughtered over 80 cattle belonging to the nomadic Fulani herdsmen.

http://pulse.com.gh/news/fulani-menace-irate-youth-slaughter-over-80-fulani-cattle-id4676628.html

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 09, 2016
I wonder how shameless this commissioner ayodeji is to defend this same fulani herdsmen that are terrorizing Nigerians ranging from killings, destruction of properties, kidnapping, rape, stealing, which crimes are they not committing.

Ghanaian's should show them shege. Every problem in this country always comes from the north.

The modus operandi of these fulani terrorist is simple. they test your resolve, once they sense you are weak, they take over your lands. They are targeting to turn parts of benue state into herdsmen villages reason for the burning e.t.c to put fear into the villagers to leave the lands to them.

The best response is to attack them back once they attack you and hit them severely, then they would have a rethink before attacking you again.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 8:14am On Mar 09, 2016
ZombieNation:

Even the silly Yoruba ambassador was still defending these useless vermin fulanis despite the fact that fulanis are killing fellow Nigerians daily across the middle belt and south.

Why are yorubas like this?

He is an ambassador. Even if he has his personal opinion, that is what he should say to the public. Your ambassador is expected to defend you, no matter how he feels about the situation. He must remain diplomatic no matter what.

Even if the ambassador is an Igbo or an ijaw or Benue or agatu man/woman, he/she would still say the same thing.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:

I tire oo! Nigerian Ministers, Ambassadors, Police, DSS and other bodies acting in the capacity of the Nigeria Government are all bunch of azz lickers who only say things and do things that their pay master wants to hear and wants them to do. I don't blame them though. Fear of poverty and inferiority complex. Worst is a guy named Akintola, justifying the kidnap of Ese by saying there's is no age barrier for marriage in Islam. The Yoruba Muslims are the ones selling us to these Fulanis all in a bid to advance the cause of their religion - that's paramount for them the Yoruba interest.

Do you even know what it means to be an ambassador? It is very clear that you are an ignoramus.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:

Do you even know what it means to be an ambassador? It is very clear that you are an ignoramus.
Pray tell, fool. An Ambassador has to tell lies and deny the obvious. I don't suffer retards like you gladly.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by MansaMoussa: 8:23am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:

He is an ambassador. Even if he has his personal opinion, that is what he should say to the public. Your ambassador is expected to defend you, no matter how he feels about the situation. He must remain diplomatic no matter what.

Even if the ambassador is an Igbo or an ijaw or Benue or agatu man/woman, he/she would still say the same thing.
But Buhari, doesnt do same when he travels abroad to call us thieves and lazy before the international community. Isn't he an ambassador too?

7 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wristbangle: 8:25am On Mar 09, 2016
Nice one from Ghana farmers.

Eye for an eye
Tooth for tooth

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 8:38am On Mar 09, 2016
MansaMoussa:

But Buhari, doesnt do same when he travels abroad to call us thieves and lazy before the international community. Isn't he an ambassador too?

Buhari has limited education and he finds it too difficult to differentiate between being a military ruler and being a democratically elected president. But be that as it may, the ambassador's utterance is how a diplomatic representative should say.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 8:40am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:

Pray tell, fool. An Ambassador has to tell lies and deny the obvious. I don't suffer retards like you gladly.

Your father is an everlasting foooooool. Your prostituttttte mother couldn't help but give birth to a cu.rsed retar.d like you. Don't blame her, she was impregnated by your gateman. You want to abuse? Then be my guest. I will help you take abuse to the next level.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by MansaMoussa: 8:40am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:

Buhari has limited education and he finds it too difficult to differentiate between being a military ruler and being a democratically elected president. But be that as it may, the ambassador's utterance is how a diplomatic representative should say.
True sha. It's just hard to remain patriotic in this country
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:

My father is an everlasting foooooool. My prostituttttte mother couldn't help but give birth to a cu.rsed retar.d like me. Don't blame her, she was impregnated by our gateman. she has always been a slut. She was gang raped by monkeys. in my family, we're all product of rape
Really? It's not that bad you know. Wear the tag with pride. Afterall, your cocaine smuggling father was never useful for anything.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 8:52am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:

My cocaine smuggling father was never useful for anything. He is cur.sed for life and is damn.ed and irredeemable. My pro.stitu.te mother is ever thirsty for s.ex like an unleashed thirsty dog and her s.ex.capade gave birth to me, hence my unfruitful and damned life.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:

My cocaine smuggling father was never useful for anything. He is cur.sed for life and is damn.ed and irredeemable. My pro.stitu.te mother is ever thirsty for s.ex like an unleashed thirsty dog and her s.ex.capade gave birth to me, hence my unfruitful and damned life.
accept my deepest sympathy on your miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 9:04am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:

My life is miserable and no redemption or solution for me until I die in shame and everlasting bitterness.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:

My life is miserable and no redemption or solution for me until I die in shame and everlasting bitterness.
Amen and amen
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 9:12am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:

I will never end being a miserable soul form the rest of my life.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:
I and my family will never end being a miserable soul form the rest of my life.
amen
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 10:07am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:

My family is cur.sed
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 09, 2016
wadetaw202:
My family is cursed and miserable.
Good for you.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by wadetaw202: 11:14am On Mar 09, 2016
PiperAlpha:

My family is cur.see and miserable. Things can only get worse for us.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Obipat(m): 11:33am On Mar 09, 2016
This is good news. they think this is lagos
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2016
Abagworo:

This was exactly the statement some of you made when Agatu people attacked and killed few Fulani herdsmen last year. Violence can never solve the problem especially against a people who have no home but are nomads. Watch how their revenge of 7 might be 700 and it might come in 5 years time or next week but I bet the Ghanian villagers will be caught unawares.
So, what's the remedy?
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Abagworo(m): 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
tit:

they barstard criminal killer herdsmen will meet their waterloo in ghana!
let them just try any nonesense there.
have you head of Ashanti?

Herdsmen have no homeland and are citizens if wherever their cattle leads them. They are originaly from Futa Jalon. The issue of Ashanti or Ga or Ewe means nothing as the herdsmen have no base and community. The only way to solve the problem is dialogue and investment in education of the herdsmen by a combination of all West African Countries in collaboration with UN. Guerrilla warfare is easy for nomads..
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Abagworo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

So, what's the remedy?

The remedy starts with education of the nomads on many things including the importance of crops to farming communities. Most of them are unaware of the fact that others value their crops as much as they do value their cattle.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Abagworo(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
In virtually every area of West Africa, where the nomadic Fulɓe reside, there has been an increasing trend of conflicts between farmers (sedentary) and grazier (pastoral nomadic). There have been numerous such cases on the Jos Plateau, the Western High Plateau, the Central/Middle Belt regions of Nigeria, Northern Burkina Faso, and Southern Chad. The rearing of cattle is a principal activity in four of Cameroon’s ten administrative regions as well as three other provinces with herding on a lesser scale, throughout the North and Central regions of Nigeria, as well as the entire Sahel and Sudan region. [25]

For decades there have been intermittent skirmishes between the Woɗaaɓe Bororo (graziers) and sedentary farmers such as the Jukun, Tiv , Chamba , Bamileke , and sometimes even the Hausa. Such conflicts usually begin when cattle have strayed into farmlands and destroyed crops. Thousands of Fulani have been forced to migrate from their traditional homelands in the Sahel, to areas further south, because of increasing encroachment of Saharan desertification . Nigeria alone loses 2,168 square kilometres (837 sq mi) of cattle rangeland and cropland every year to desertification, posing serious threats to the livelihoods of about 20 million people. [25]

Recurrent droughts have meant that a lot of traditional herding families have been forced to give up their nomadic way of life, losing a sense of their identity in the process. Increasing urbanization has also meant that a lot of traditional Fulani grazing lands have been taken for developmental purposes, or forcefully converted into farmlands. [26] These actions often result in violent attacks and reprisal counterattacks being exchanged between the Fulani, who feel their way of life and survival are being threatened, and other populations who often feel aggrieved from loss of farm produce even if the lands they farm on were initially barren and uncultivated.

Fulani in Nigeria have often requested for the development of exclusive grazing reserves, to curb conflicts. [27] All the leading presidential aspirants of previous elections seeking Fulɓe votes have made several of such failed promises in their campaigns. Discussions among government officials, traditional rulers, and Fulani leaders on the welfare of the pastoralists have always centered on requests and pledges for protecting grazing spaces and cattle passages. The growing pressure from Ardo'en (the Fulani community leaders) for the salvation of what is left of the customary grazing land has caused some state governments with large populations of herders (such as Gombe, Bauchi, Adamawa, Taraba, Plateau, and Kaduna) to include in their development plans the reactivation and preservation of grazing reserves. Quick to grasp the desperation of cattle-keepers for land, the administrators have instituted a Grazing Reserve Committee to find a lasting solution to the rapid depletion of grazing land resources in Nigeria. [28]

The Fulani believe that the expansion of the grazing reserves will boost livestock population, lessen the difficulty of herding, reduce seasonal migration, and enhance the interaction among farmers, pastoralists, and rural dwellers. Despite these expectations, grazing reserves are not within the reach of about three-quarters of the nomadic Fulani in Nigeria, who number in the millions, and about sixty percent of migrant pastoralists who use the existing grazing reserves keep to the same reserves every year. The number and the distribution of the grazing reserves in Nigeria range from insufficient to severely insufficient for Fulani livestock. In countries like Nigeria, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso where meat supplies are entirely dependent on the Fulani, such conflicts lead to scarcity and hikes in animal protein prices. In recent times, the Nigerian senate and other lawmakers have been bitterly divided in attempts to pass bills on grazing lands and migration "corridors" for Fulani herdsmen. This was mainly due to Southern and Central Nigerian lawmakers opposing the proposal, and Northern Lawmakers being in support. [28] Fulani are involved in Communal conflicts in Nigeria .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fula_people

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by Ojiofor: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kanogworo's new assignment is to defend Awusa/folani terrorist.
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by AVISENNA: 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is how proactive people work . No bull shit
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by flokii: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
ZombieNation:

Even the silly Yoruba ambassador was still defending these useless vermin fulanis despite the fact that fulanis are killing fellow Nigerians daily across the middle belt and south.

Why are yorubas like this?

the person you quoted typed Nigerians..

and you found a way to turn it into 'yoruba bashing'

the kin eye wey I dey use reason ur matter ehnnn... even NL no go save you if I catch you

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by adedayourt(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
dey tink der dealing wit nig farmers undecided
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by chesterlee(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
#KILLTHEMALL
Re: Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana by anigold(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
forgiveness:
Ghanaians no wan hear... lipsrsealed dat was what they told me three weeks ago.

when you allow your animals to destroy farmer's crops thats what happens...
If it was in Nigeria now,they will wipe out a whole village and the Government wont do anything about it.... Ghana abeg kill more of them...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation Rally: Autopsy Faults Police Claim, Says Jumoke Oyeleke Was Shot / We Are Still In The Race - Amaechi, Nwajiuba Insist / Names Of Senators Who Signed Ndume Out Of Senate Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.