Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 (19016 Views)

External Reserves Hit 2017 High At $30.56bn / Budget 2017 Gets Boost As Oil Price Hits $58 / Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by crownwealth: 7:00am On Mar 09, 2016
We should not rejoice yet.
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by miraKUNLEus(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2016
now baba's trip don dey yield positive results.#istandforgreatnigeria
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by modath(f): 7:22am On Mar 09, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh is it today we've been hearing of diversification of the economy? How much is even needed to diversify the economy? You have any idea?

Cos a chic has been with A-holes in the past, she shouldn't hope her latest should be upright, loyal & a keeper? Issokay..

You have a plan B? Or you just like to counter points for "feel good" sake?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by malton: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh is it today we've been hearing of diversification of the economy? How much is even needed to diversify the economy? You have any idea?

Did you really mean that or were only being sarcastic?

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by joseph1832(m): 8:37am On Mar 09, 2016
modath:

Cos a chic has been with A-holes in the past, she shouldn't hope her latest should be upright, loyal & a keeper? Issokay..

You have a plan B? Or you just like to counter points for "feel good" sake?
There's no such thing as hoping someone should be uptight, loyal and a keeper. Nope. There's something call "look, before you leap".

And yes, I do have a plan B, C and D, same thing any sane government should have, not just individuals, having contingency plans is among the best thing any individual/government can have.

modath:

Without funds the planned diversification won't happen, or you have an alternative as at today that doesn't involve crude revenue or IMF loan?? cool
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by joseph1832(m): 8:41am On Mar 09, 2016
malton:

Did you really mean that or were only being sarcastic?
Let's say I'm not being sarcastic, how much is needed? Lol
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by brunofarad(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2016
Good news in the air grin
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by damiandammy(m): 8:55am On Mar 09, 2016
yes let it keep rising
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by heykims(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2016
When PMB was run from one country to d other, people thought it was just personal fun.
Here comes d result...
Carry on my president...
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by Wizabakar(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2016
odiks:
Oil prices rose one per cent yesterday with benchmark Brent prices hitting a three-month high on hopes for a coordinated approach by major producers to support prices.

Brent crude futures were trading at $41.43 a barrel at their highest since Dec. 9, up 59 cents on the day.

On Monday, the contract had climbed by 5.5 per cent in intra-day trading and it has now gained more than 50 per cent since this year low on Jan. 20.

U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) futures were up 38 cents at $38.28 a barrel.

“The bullish sentiment continues to push prices up or the absence of negative news,” said Carsten Fritsch, senior oil analyst at Commerzbank in Frankfurt.

News of a meeting of Latin American crude producers set in Quito for Friday had boosted oil prices on Monday, and bullish sentiment swept over into yesterday’s session.

The members of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and other producers in Russia are also due to meet for talks on March 20, according to the Nigerian petroleum minister, Dr. Ibe Kachukwu.

Kuwait’s oil minister said yesterday that his country’s participation in an output freeze would require all major oil producers, including Iran, to be on board.

“I’ll go full power if there’s no agreement. Every barrel I produce I’ll sell,” Anas al-Saleh told reporters in Kuwait City.

http://thenationonlineng.net/oil-price-hits-three-months-high-41-43/
its gud to heard that, but its also gud to explore another sources of income apart from these oil.
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by banio: 8:57am On Mar 09, 2016
Good news. Very soon Oil Multinationals will start employing. I am dusting my CV for a 7 digit salary.
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by callJesu: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2016
What a news
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by Femich18(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2016
PMB promised us 50 and its now at 41. It will get there I bliv
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by wristbangle: 9:04am On Mar 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
This is not good news. I was hoping and praying that the oil price should be going down, let's say till it gets to were oil will be sold at $1 per barrel or make the oil kuku become free for market. Oh God please let the crude in Nigeria dry up, all of it and ASAP. AMEN. We need to get serious in this country and that thing called oil/mineral resources has completely made the black man very lazy.

#istandwithbuhari

Nice one bro
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by luvinhubby(m): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2016
Senselessness at the highest level.

Imagine the excitement from some fellows because oil added $6 to it's price.

It means we are NOT ready as a people to CREATE wealth & improve ourselves, just waiting for monthly financial handouts like destitutes.

We are not even ready to start making attempts to process our crude oil raw material into finished products. Think of the quantity of auto parts like engine seats, bushings, covers etc that we can make out of synthetic rubber from crude oil & make good money selling such both locally & internationally.
Oil is a curse on Nigeria.

SMH!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by gasgenius(m): 9:06am On Mar 09, 2016
So na buhari make world oil price go up ,some are foolish in this Nigeria
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by 2sexycom(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2016
drsteroid:
Nice one! I pray the price continue to go up. To all those who accused baba of junketing to Saudi Arabia and qatar, this is the result of the 'waka waka'. Its good we already working on diversifying our economy.
shut up... if other countries decide not to agree to production cut, what will buhari do? Do you know the factors behind this price fall sef?

You guys just wake up and start attributing everything to Buhari. I am full supporter of Buhari but will never condone blind fanatics.

These countries are just being considerate looking that pro and cons of the effect and felt the need to reverse the trends because the cons outweigh the pros. Simplest simples

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by SycophanticGoat: 9:12am On Mar 09, 2016
Now mumuhammado mumumahry doesn't have any excuses for failure. He must deliver or be hanged by the balls! angry
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by 2sexycom(m): 9:14am On Mar 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
This is not good news. I was hoping and praying that the oil price should be going down, let's say till it gets to were oil will be sold at $1 per barrel or make the oil kuku become free for market. Oh God please let the crude in Nigeria dry up, all of it and ASAP. AMEN. We need to get serious in this country and that thing called oil/mineral resources has completely made the black man very lazy.

#istandwithbuhari
I agree with you but as it is now, I believe we have seen that we are very much at disadvantage here. But contrary to your wish, I knew there was going to be a rise soon when I saw the charts of 7 year periods of oil rise, with little knowledge of forex, I saw the possibility from that chart and even commented on that thread to table my opinion.

It's all about history bro. Whatever goes up, will surely come down, and whatever goes down will surely go up smiley

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by Ekibaba1: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2016
Pray dey manage d economy well nt by body language.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by princejayboss: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2016
eistien:
guess baba is working, to all those wailers complaining that he is traveling around the world, you can't stay in your home and play international politics.

Is only an empty head like you don't know the reason for the surge of the oil price and you are calling a man that can't spell his name....

Pray that Iran don't change mind on the agreement of production cut
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by SycophanticGoat: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2016
modath:

Without funds the planned diversification won't happen, or you have an alternative as at today that doesn't involve crude revenue or IMF loan?? cool

"No amount of money is OK for a visionless and directionless government". So even if mumuhammdo mumuhary is given a zillion pounds to use in effecting positive change in Nigeria, he will still be bereft of ideas and nope, he can't achieve the diversification because he's the dullest person in Nigeria atm... kiss
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by BeardedMan: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2016
Sure, PDP & APC could look like the same, but what one needs to look @ is the head. Buhari, being the head in APC is insightful, focus and determined. Its agenda is completely not chop & chop programme of the PDP. With him as the leader, my hope for better naija fly so high.
seunny4lif:
sad
Are you sure ?
Cos our government look too soft for us sad
Austria has no fuel yet so rich
To me both PDP and APC are same sad
PDP members moved to APC angry

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by kumakunta: 9:18am On Mar 09, 2016
drsteroid:
Nice one! I pray the price continue to go up. To all those who accused baba of junketing to Saudi Arabia and qatar, this is the result of the 'waka waka'. Its good we already working on diversifying our economy.
During Jonathan's tenure,oil was sold as high as $140 per barrel,and no meaningful development was noticed,all we got was massive corruption and sharing of our commonwealth.Hypocrisy is when you judge PMB's Govt as economically poor and bad but praises a Jonathan's Govt who enjoyed massive oil price boom but has nothing to show for it economically
You dey mind those sick wailers?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by Ekibaba1: 9:18am On Mar 09, 2016
Pray dey manage d economy well nt by body language.
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by texazzpete(m): 9:23am On Mar 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:

#istandwithbuhari

So you're praying for increased poverty, unemployment, suffering and reduced capital expenditure on infrastructure?

Do you realize we have a massive population to support?

These type of comments are driven by immaturity and ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by muller101(m): 9:27am On Mar 09, 2016
How about cocoa prize. Any idea? Lazy people
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by seunny4lif(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2016
sad
Ok let wait and see cos me lost hope in all our politicians embarassed
BeardedMan:
Sure, PDP & APC could look like the same, but what one needs to look @ is the head. Buhari, being the head in APC is insightful, focus and determined. Its agenda is completely not chop & chop programme of the PDP. With him as the leader, my hope for better naija fly so high.
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by Zico5(m): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2016
Bad news for ipob youths
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by blackboy(m): 9:46am On Mar 09, 2016
Rumour is that its going to $50 per barrel anytime soon
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by eph12(m): 9:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Good news. Hopefully naira gains a little bit. The current exchange rate is killing.
Re: Oil Price Hits Three-months High At $41.43 by shaddoww: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:

#istandwithbuhari
even at dat, we still need to consider d civil servants

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"You Were Baba Go Slow, But Now You're Baba Reverse— Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari / President Buhari Participates At The Dubai Expo 2020 (PHOTOS) / Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.