Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide (34686 Views)

Power Sector Unbundling Executed Prematurely – Idika Kalu / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Nigerian Twitter Reacts To NNPC Workers' Protest Of Unbundling Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by sevule(m): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
theoptimist298:

U don't get it do u? All these multinationals u mentioned will never lift a finger without consulting all stakeholders involved. Infact they will do it in such a way that the employees will even look forward to it. There is what is called change management or else nomatter how good ur policies may be, it is bound to fail. I'm assuming u work somewhere? How would u feel when Tommorow morning u get to work only to be told ur workplace is doing some sorta restructuring and u would be adversely affected for the greater good? Wouldn't u prefer to have been a part of the discussions from the get go inorder to mentally prepare urself?‎

@THEOPTIMIST

You are actually wrong. When Microsoft restructured Nokia, a lot of people worldwide lost their jobs. I can go on and on, but generally restructuring tends to be painful. NUPENG and PENGASSAN have been holding this country to ransom and I am glad that Buhari has called their bluff.
The funny thing is that they were actually informed of the restructuring but they probably thought that it was all talk.
Glad to see that for once in Nigeria's history, we have a president who is actually working
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by sevule(m): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
NavierStokes:
And this is only the unions aspect of the fight, the NASS showdown is yet to begin, on this issue.

Intransigence will be the undoing of this government. I was fully in support of this move but legal channels need to be followed to do the right things, had even thought with Kachukwu's assertion of them breaking the PIB into smaller chunks, they had addressed this unbundling issue at the NASS on a low key. If they haven't done the right thing then they should go back to the drawing board, invite all stakeholders, take into consideration their inputs and ensure that the process is transparent and in line with the law.

My brother if 'legal channels' are followed, our dear National Assembly would still be talking about restructuring NNPC by 2020 when Buhari's tenure is about to end. They have delayed PIB for 10 years so what is another 4 years?
Buhari did the ONLY thing he could do and that is bypassing our USELESS NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Tobyshegz(m): 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
When NEPA fails, natural breeze no fit fail you!!.. Sleeping of the roof is the latest solution to this unbearable heat.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by NavierStokes(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
sevule:

My brother if 'legal channels' are followed, our dear National Assembly would still be talking about restructuring NNPC by 2020 when Buhari's tenure is about to end. They have delayed PIB for 10 years so what is another 4 years?
Buhari did the ONLY thing he could do and that is bypassing our USELESS NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

In the words of Alfred N. Whitehead, the art of progress is preserving order amid change and change amid order. The law is what holds every aspect of our society together, an executive should be able to lobby the legislature to get what they want, especially with APC's Majority of both houses. Using any means other than "legal" would be an invitation to anarchy.
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Trypant(f): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Kudos to the Govt.

These same set of people, are the reason why our Refineries are in the comatose state they are in now. The Government should not negotiate anything with them, and should go ahead with its plan of breaking them up.

These criminals keep calling themselves Stakeholders.

For those workers that join the strike, please they should be dis-engaged from the Federal Government Service(NNPC) as there are thousands of jobless Nigerians, waiting to take their spots.

Nigerians say no to the CABAL holding the NNPC to Ransom.

If it's possible I suggest retrenchment of workers in the NNPC who have been working from the last 4 years upwards. We need the resources to go round. At least they have saved and built houses, they should go and invest in entrepreneur so as to boost the economy with their money.... I don't like this jobless state of mine, 2.1 in mass communication, have PGD in education and customer service, and proficiency certificate in management still yet no job!
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by Trypant(f): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
MansaMoussa:
In saner countries, the Military will be drafted to take over production pending when it is resolved, to prevent hardship on the population.but are they trained for anything else other than fighting ?
Egyptian military took over bread production in 2011 to avoid shortages when bakers went on strike.
Recently, Brazilian military, doing house to house fumigation and person to person awareness on the Zika Virus.
South Africa deploys Police to take over mines, from strikers.
Etc.

You want boko haram to start killing people house by house? Since they have all defense uniforms..... Definitely No! So your suggestion is not practicable in Nigeria
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by sevule(m): 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
NavierStokes:

In the words of Alfred N. Whitehead, the art of progress is preserving order amid change and change amid order. The law is what holds every aspect of our society together, an executive should be able to lobby the legislature to get what they want, especially with APC's Majority of both houses. Using any means other than "legal" would be an invitation to anarchy.

I beg to disagree sir. Even in the USA, Obama had to use a presidential veto in order to bypass the Senate when they refused to pass certain bills that he presented to them. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with this and it is pretty similar to what Buhari has done. He has used the powers given to him by the NNPC act to restructure the NNPC without recourse to our USELESS NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

What he actually did is LEGAL but its only the Supreme Court that can arbitrate on the legality of his actions
Re: Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide by NavierStokes(m): 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
sevule:

I beg to disagree sir. Even in the USA, Obama had to use a presidential veto in order to bypass the Senate when they refused to pass certain bills that he presented to them. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with this and it is pretty similar to what Buhari has done. He has used the powers given to him by the NNPC act to restructure the NNPC without recourse to our USELESS NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

What he actually did is LEGAL but its only the Supreme Court that can arbitrate on the legality of his actions

Well on the FrontPage, the people in question have come out to deny any unbundling.Well the coming days will tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Barred Guests From Taking Photos At The Wedding Of His Daughter To Seun / Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing / Stay Away From Nigeria, NANS Tells Jacob Zuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.