Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,065 members, 7,825,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil (13370 Views)

Primary 4 Pupil Constructs 'Gun' In Borno. Recovered In School. Photos / Picture Of A Teacher With Life Jacket While The Pupils Are Left Unprotected / A Teacher Beats And Wounds A Pupil (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil by Originalsly: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
No doubt...you have the qualities to become an excellent teacher.... the zeal, the patience and determination to educate. At this stage you are like playing a game without knowing the rules. Lookandlaff is advising you to learn the rules. If teacher training is unavailable then on your own read up on child psychology...the psychological development of a child.... join teaching forums and I'm sure should you do these there would be no need to be seeking advice for this or soooooo many other challenges that would arise. On the matter at hand.... there can be several reasons so no one here can pinpoint the solution. One thing is for sure....the solution is no quick fix. Off hand...the child can simply be a late developer....can be suffering from the effects of poor diet...malnutrition.... stress due to wahala in the home...and blah blah blah. Just follow Lookandlaff advice and you would see results in time to come.

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil by manie(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
trishapal:
I'm impressed that we still have teachers who would go out of their duty call to help a pupil. I would suggest that you be particularly patient with this pupil as I see that you are very concerned and want results as this is what really makes us good teachers. Firstly, you need to let the child and the parents be aware of your observations and your willingness of partnering with the home to bring out the best in the child.

Modified: I've also checked the group... It's quite educative. Every parent and educator should join... www./SchoolFinders

nice
Re: As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil by kennysteve77: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hmmm. Thanks

Originalsly:
No doubt...you have the qualities to become an excellent teacher.... the zeal, the patience and determination to educate. At this stage you are like playing a game without knowing the rules. Lookandlaff is advising you to learn the rules. If teacher training is unavailable then on your own read up on child psychology...the psychological development of a child.... join teaching forums and I'm sure should you do these there would be no need to be seeking advice for this or soooooo many other challenges that would arise. On the matter at hand.... there can be several reasons so no one here can pinpoint the solution. One thing is for sure....the solution is no quick fix. Off hand...the child can simply be a late developer....can be suffering from the effects of poor diet...malnutrition.... stress due to wahala in the home...and blah blah blah. Just follow Lookandlaff advice and you would see results in time to come.
Re: As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil by HephzibahO: 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
Look for Chewa Word Board Game. It helps with kid interest and speed writing for kids ages 7 and above. What's more....it helps for vocabulary building. Also find out what he likes best and approach teaching from that point. You can play things like Chewa Word Board Game with him and allow him to be the winner. You have to really get close to him and be his friend to impact him. You also need to watch the movie - LIKE STARS ON EARTH-it will help. You can also get the numbers game Mindo Numbers Game....it will help his counting skills and interest. Wish you the best in this life impacting journey.....
Please always find his good side and praise it...you build self confidence with that.
Re: As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil by eDoc: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
ElDaIllest:
So far nestle tells us this is the best cure? grin,who I'm I to argue

Not funny,this is a serious matter.
Re: As A Teacher, How Can I Help Boost Confidence In A Timid Pupil by octaflav: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Get a copy of the book THE POWER YOUR MIND by Rev Chris Oyakhilome (PhD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch !8+ Video: Daughter To Congo-brazaville's President $ex Tape Leaked / Sponsored Jigawa Medical Students In China (Photos) / Why You May Fail JAMB 2018: Read And Avoid Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.