Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) (58604 Views)

See The Bush Meat My Dog Killed Today / Graphics:See The Giant Scary Snake A Nairalander Killed Today / The Animal I Killed Today At My Working-Place In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
What is wrong with these Zoorers(people that kill animals)?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
What is wrong with these 'Zoorers'(people that kill animals)?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by quatum: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Alligator the leav for salt water?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by munchi(m): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
why kill it..... it deserves to live
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by wesley80(m): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:
It's alligator not crocodile
How can you tell? That snout looks short enough to pass for a croc.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Fiwasayo:
Why kill it,if it was no danger to you?

All these animals will soon go into extinction sad
the turkey and fishes you kill daily and eat are of danger to you ?

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by bluaero(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mynd44:
Looks like an alligator to me. Not sure though

Ban me. undecided
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Baroba(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
Obiagelli:
Even our elite troops has joined the killing of nature's gifts. Even if this animal had become a nuisance, the could have captured and donated it to a zoo.

Who will bail the cat? The poor croc was even killed in its own territory, this is sickening.. Pathetic..

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by 3kay945(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
greatness22:
I support the killings of every dangerous beast.. Be it in the land, sea or the air.

Killed and be pepper souped. cool tongue
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Passingshit(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
Buhari could have done better than command his toy soldiers to kill an innocent alligator smiley
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
Some call it Alligator others call it crocodile. Is it an alligator or crocodile? What are the distinguishing features, between an alligator and a crocodile?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by greatness22(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
3kay945:

Killed and be pepper souped. cool tongue
One bottle of orijin for you. cool

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Smellymouth: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
Who go chop am??
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Passingshit(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
bluaero:

Ban me. undecided
Rubbish
grin grin grin
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by christopher123(m): 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
I AM ASHAMED OF THIS, NIGERIAN NAVY, KILLING ALIGATOR, WHAT HAPPENED TO CONSERVATION, WHY DO THEY KILL IT, THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT TO THE ZOO...OH THEY SAID WE ARE ZOO

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by planetx: 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
Any living creature is food for the stomach for Nigerians , zero value placed on wildlife conservation. Once they finish killing and eating all the wildlife, they will start killing and eating each other.

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by SycophanticGoat: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
Divineluv14:
Looks like a crocodile to me

That is exactly how an alligator looks, unlike the monitor lizard been displayed by nairalanders naming it crocodile..

If it were a crocodile, the officer wouldn't have carried it on his bare skin.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by BlackBaron: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
That's a Juvenile Crocodile.
Alligators are not native to Africa

2 Likes

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
this one na crocodile na undecided
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by MrPristine: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:

It's clearly a crocodile and not an alligator as alligators don't exist in Nigeria or indeed Africa contrary to what most people think. And before you or anyone decides to argue that they have seen alligators in Nigeria, i have decided to include this wikipedia writeup on alligators here cool

Habitat

Alligators are native only to the United States and China.

American alligators are found in the southeast United States: all of Florida and Louisiana, the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, coastal South and North Carolina, East Texas, the southeast corner of Oklahoma, and the southern tip of Arkansas. According to the 2005 Scholastic Book of World Records, Louisiana has the largest alligator population. The majority of American alligators inhabit Florida and Louisiana, with over a million alligators in each state. Southern Florida is the only place where both alligators and crocodiles live side by side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator

2 Likes

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by idupaul: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:

That's a Croc. .alligator have squarish boxish snouts
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by MCMXCVIII(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
Obiagelli:
Even our elite troops has joined the killing of nature's gifts. Even if this animal had become a nuisance, the could have captured and donated it to a zoo.
some universities really need it..
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
if they are not going extinct, suya it.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Uchddaniel(m): 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
Please stop killing wild life. we need them. it was in the water for God sake. it did not come to land. its injustice to wildlife and justice should be meted to these officers.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Menace2Society(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Born free!
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by matrixme(m): 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
I wonder exactly how the poor animal got to be a treat to national integrity. Anyway, maybe it is a secret spy from Benin Republic, as those ones have mastered animal espionage.
Nigerian armed forces... Been clowns since 1946.

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
Naledi14:

Please whats the difference ive always wondered i thought aligator was just an american term.

1 Share

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by hrworld: 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mynd44:
Looks like an alligator to me. Not sure though

Alligator is not as big as this one.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Iko5000: 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
That's why its an Alligator.
wesley80:
How can you tell? That snout looks short enough to pass for a croc.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Danfuster(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
Upon closer inspection, not recommended out in the wild, you'd spot glaring differences:
Snout shape: Alligators have wider, U-shaped snouts, while crocodile front ends are more pointed and V-shaped.
Toothy grin: When their snouts are shut, crocodiles look like they're flashing a toothy grin, as the fourth tooth on each side of the lower jaw sticks up over the upper lip. For alligators, the upper jaw is wider than the lower one, so when they close their mouths, all their teeth are hidden.
Home base: Crocodiles tend to live in saltwater habitats, while alligators hang out in freshwater marshes and lakes.

Source:http://m.livescience.com/32144-whats-the-difference-between-alligators-and-crocodiles.html

Now you're free to decide which one it is cos you wouldn't believe if I told you.

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by fippycbk(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
MansaMoussa:
Do we have a Minister of Environment in this Country?
Does Widelife protection come under his/her jurisdiction?

There's no state I will drive to where I won't see young men flaunting one killed form of Wildlife being displayed on traffic in the name of bush meat. This is abhorrent to Naturalists like me. I've lost count of how many times I've had to pay for live animals to later set them free.
If you want to eat alligator meat - open an alligator farm ( done in Australia)
If you want snake meat ( patronise General Buratai's Snake farm)
If you want Bush rat- rear them.
The Govt should begin to regulate this sector by issuing licences to hunters and criminalising those who hunt indiscriminately. Haba, so if I don't have NatGeoWid or AniP, my children cannot see some animals in their natural habitat.
Something must be done.

You've just said it all.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
AheadMarket:
Idiiots Navy, you don't shoot to kill the creature. You can tranquilize it and take it to the park for visitors to see. It can generate revenue. Chai, these trigger-happy idiiots.
did u say tranquilize? Wetin Nigerian military wan carry tranquilizer gun dey do? Them tell u say dem b wildlife security? No b only Park, don't u know dat it will b starved to death in the park? See better meat, It shud quench starvation joor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Mars Released By NASA / Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather / A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.