Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) (58593 Views)

See The Bush Meat My Dog Killed Today / Graphics:See The Giant Scary Snake A Nairalander Killed Today / The Animal I Killed Today At My Working-Place In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by nerdfrost(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Anything someone does,nigerians must complain angry if it had killed a child now,u'll see comments lyk why wasnt it killed since. Now it has been killed,u talking about donating it to a zoo. Mssssstcchheew. angry *sips Coke*
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
MrPristine:

It's clearly a crocodile and not an alligator as alligators don't exist in Nigeria or indeed Africa contrary to what most people think. And before you or anyone decides to argue that they have seen alligators in Nigeria, i have decided to include this wikipedia writeup on alligators here cool

Habitat

Alligators are native only to the United States and China.

American alligators are found in the southeast United States: all of Florida and Louisiana, the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, coastal South and North Carolina, East Texas, the southeast corner of Oklahoma, and the southern tip of Arkansas. According to the 2005 Scholastic Book of World Records, Louisiana has the largest alligator population. The majority of American alligators inhabit Florida and Louisiana, with over a million alligators in each state. Southern Florida is the only place where both alligators and crocodiles live side by side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator
you have done well

2 Likes

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by brytee: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hardship has turned Nigerians into stylish hunters.... there will be rejoicing tonyte in some homes... #alligatormeat
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by donbenie(m): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:
It's alligator not crocodile
There are no Alligators in Africa,it's an American animal..only Crocs..

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by elmisti(m): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
greatness22:
I support the killings of every dangerous beast.. Be it in the land, sea or the air.

And which beast is more dangerous that humans
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by saintdennis(m): 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
Obiagelli:
Even our elite troops has joined the killing of nature's gifts. Even if this animal had become a nuisance, the could have captured and donated it to a zoo.

Bro take it easy... are alligators endangered species? Haba let the gallant officers enjoy themselves jare.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Gamesmart: 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
greatness22:
WTF!!! With all due respect, please if you can't type in English, try type with pidgin or yoruba because am finding it difficult to comprehend the bullshiit you type here.

It is very simple English.

You said you support the killing of every dangerous beast. With such thinking, it is obvious you are a dangerous beast, so you support you being killed.

Such reasoning is the reasoning of a simpleton that has not developed and reached the reasoning level that is expected of a developed and advanced human being.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by dragunov: 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:
That's a croc dumbo. No alligators in Africa. Just crocs.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by oceanp(f): 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
killing wildlife since 60AD.

if it wasn't life threatening, I wonder y dem kill am .

pepper soup loading
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Legitbaba(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mynd44:
Looks like an alligator to me. Not sure though
There no Alligators in Africa
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Legitbaba(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:
Its a Croc.... Dere are no Alligators in Africa
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by gantic: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
AlexCk:
We get alligators for naija,
Thought we had just crocodiles.
Oh well,

Alligators are not native to west Africa, it is a crocodile.

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
agongajoseph:
did u say tranquilize? Wetin Nigerian military wan carry tranquilizer gun dey do? Them tell u say dem b wildlife security? No b only Park, don't u know dat it will b starved to death in the park? See better meat, It shud quench starvation joor.
You can't tranquilize? Leave it to swim off. its not threatening human live, is it?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by christopher123(m): 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
BlackBaron:
That's a Juvenile Crocodile.
Alligators are not native to Africa

Your corrects

Gators are not native here
Crocs are
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Tommyclancy(m): 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
That Navy Must Be Brave.......Well Please Check This Thread Science/technology Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria And Pleasf Let Me See Ur Reply
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Bezed:

Answer..

Alligators have shorter, wider heads that are more U-shaped than crocodiles.
Alligators strongly favor freshwater while some species of crocodile live in seawater.
Alligators are less aggressive than crocodiles.
Alligators tend to have a darker appearance than crocodiles.
Alligators in the wild are only found in the US and China while crocodiles are found all over the world.

while....

Crocodiles have a longer, more V-shaped head then alligators.
The fourth tooth of a crocodile sticks out when its mouth is closed.
Crocodiles are better adapted to living in seawater.
Crocodiles are more aggressive than alligators.
Crocodiles tend to have a lighter appearance than alligators.

N20.00 suya and a glass of orijin for you!!!!

1 Like

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by tunde1200(m): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
Obiagelli:
Even our elite troops has joined the killing of nature's gifts. Even if this animal had become a nuisance, the could have captured and donated it to a zoo.

Wicked souls that can not create anything and they kills.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by M16: 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:

We don't have alligators in Nigeria or Africa, only crocodiles
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by electrokcoi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
is that suppose to be part of their duty?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Mekurexx: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
This is very dissapointing. Why did they kill it? It's not like it was on Land... Nahh... This country is truly lawless. both human and animal lives angry
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by sixtuso(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
please delete it before it causes problem
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by electrokcoi(m): 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
people go leave their duty only to go de kidnap crocodile pikin..... I no go do when de parents go come revenge oo
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by oceanp(f): 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
its happening life this ester. plan to attend . all info u need is on d card .

Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Mattin(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
This is uncalled for! Why will they kill a life that doesn't pose a threat to humanity but enhance nature. What have we ever got right right in this country?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by whizcartel(m): 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mynd44:
it is.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by femijohn21(m): 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
How did he kill it?
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by sam90s(m): 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
AheadMarket:
Idiiots Navy, you don't shoot to kill the creature. You can tranquilize it and take it to the park for visitors to see. It can generate revenue. Chai, these trigger-happy idiots.
He was all about the next meal, not some investment.
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by nawa1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
this is a crocodile and not an alligator
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Kayceedon01(m): 12:11am On Mar 11, 2016
This crocodile was killed this morning by navy SBS in navy town.
Have nothing to say.

just passing
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by Nche95(m): 12:43am On Mar 11, 2016
Mynd44:
please unban me on political section... how can you ban me till 2025?! it's unfair.. 10 years ban..

My fellow Nairalanders, you guys should put 'mouth' into this matter
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by walex462(m): 8:19am On Mar 11, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] undecidedhe needs to be sued
Re: Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) by RobinHez(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2016
Mynd44:

I said "looks like" plus that snout looks U shape dont you think? Please dont also quote the fresh water and salt water difference as the crocs in Eastern Africa lives in fresh water. As for natural habitat….. undecided
Please... Help me get this to fp. It's educative and fun.

https://www.nairaland.com/2982589/natures-stylus-carrot

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Mars Released By NASA / Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather / A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.