Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making (16598 Views)

Closing Today! Jobs Via PWC / Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates / ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by laprince(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2016
400,000 jobs. I dey laff.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by jidxin(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
oh jeeez i was planning to be d first to start making pencil in nigeria cos there is no competition but now ve bin beaten to it
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Anyi3(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2016
ajuwarhodes:

Not even later this year/early next year o!!! We are in for it

In OBJ's voice na laugh we go just de laugh.

A pencil factory that takes two years to build, maybe it's iron ore pencil not wood.

But on a second thought, maybe it's the graphite that takes time, you never know sad
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
shameseun:
Overnight pencil factory setup. This government has always been the joker of all time.

to even add salt to injury they r projecting it to kickstart around 2018, common pencil na it we wan tek kickstart technological advancement.
na wa o
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
obailala:
What is foolish about this idea?

when last did u use pencil? nowadays pupils in nursery n primary schools dont even use pencils anymore.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
d mumu man even said pencil is costly, is 20naira costly abeg?
pupils dont even ask their parents for pencil money again cos they can afford it.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
henrydadon:
it about time..the youth get something to do..enough of social media..it beginning to ruin lives

I can see u r producing something.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by obailala(m): 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
yaki84:

when last did u use pencil?
nowadays pupils in nursery n primary schools dont even use pencils anymore.
Because you are no longer in nursery/primary school, you really think pencils are now useless?... Are you by any means implying that pencils are no longer in use or in demand worldwide? undecided

Nigeria imports a lot of pencils, now we make a move to start producing and stopping importation of this item yet some people think it's a foolish idea? I really don't get it, or is this supposed to be an attempt at criticising government?...

By the way, the last time I used a pencil was yesterday to make some quick engineering sketches for a presentation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dahveydson:
Sigh

People are ridiculing this idea, but the countries producing pencils are they not better off than us today?

Where do you expect a non-export to start from? We should start producing and exporting fighter jets? With sand abi?

Common toothpick, we import. And the countries producing these toothpicks keep cashing out on us.

I believe it is a good start, Rome was not built in a day.

as we start exporting pencils, someone is planning how to import grass so they can feed cows.
n who even import toothpicks sef, cos I dont or do u import it?
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Dahveydson(m): 12:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
yaki84:

as we start exporting pencils, someone is planning how to import grass so they can feed cows.

Grass seedlings not actual grass. If you have grass seedlings you can approach the ministry of agriculture to sell them.

The toothpicks you use are made in your backyard?
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
Achorise:
NIRP, GEJ legacy, build on it and see how this country soars.He said he's ready to work in any capacity, if consulted, call this man and save this country.
When he was president why didn't he save the country?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
yaki84:

That's Nigeria for u. Every bad or good thing happening in this country someone is gaining from it.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dahveydson:

Grass seedlings not actual grass. If you have grass seedlings you can approach the ministry of agriculture to sell them.

approach audu ogbeh whose mind has been madeup on brazil n argentines grass?
r u new in naija?
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dahveydson:

approach audu ogbeh whose mind has been madeup on brazil n argentines grass?
r u new in naija?
mind u grass dont have seeds.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
obailala:
Because you are no longer in nursery/primary school, you really think pencils are now useless?... Are you by any means implying that pencils are no longer in use or in demand worldwide? undecided

Nigeria imports a lot of pencils, now we make a move to start producing and stopping importation of this item yet some people think it's a foolish idea? I really don't get it, or is this supposed to be an attempt at criticising government?...

By the way, the last time I used a pencil was yesterday to make some quick engineering sketches for a presentation.

even oil n gas industry havnt employed 400,000 people directly na pencil manufacturing plant want employ.
bros dis is not somethingthe minister shud be singing everyday as if it s a big achieveme this kind news shud be one of those beer parlour news we hear .
We r talking of solving our fuel problem and also making cool forex from it, mr onu is talkng pencil. he shud device means to make agriculture attrctive to graduates by producing machineries n other techy devices to ease n promote good yield not pencil abeg.
can u compare monies made from cocoa alone to pencils, how much will pencil generate for naija through forex?
yes produce pencils but that is not what we need as a nation even if we r back to 1983.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by obailala(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
yaki84:

even oil n gas industry havnt employed 400,000 people directly na pencil manufacturing plant want employ.
bros dis is not somethingthe minister shud be singing everyday as if it s a big achieveme this kind news shud be one of those beer parlour news we hear .
We r talking of solving our fuel problem and also making cool forex from it, mr onu is talkng pencil. he shud device means to make agriculture attrctive to graduates by producing machineries n other techy devices to ease n promote good yield not pencil abeg.
can u compare monies made from cocoa alone to pencils, how much will pencil generate for naija through forex?
yes produce pencils but that is not what we need as a nation even if we r back to 1983.
If your point is that 'more should be done,' then the honorable thing to do is to say it. But to come here and say it is foolish thing for Nigeria to start producing something it imports, I think you really need to look yourself in the mirror.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by dxdiag(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
davidtitan:
NAIJA should be realistic, haba!! Any way stop carrying cv => mapoutcash.com/optin.html

re pple still doing bulk sms bizness?
just asking.
i doubt if it still spin money like b4, beta find plan B before ur domain name expires.
my 1kobo advice
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by yaki84: 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
obailala:
If your point is that 'more should be done,' then the honorable thing to do is to say it. But to come here and say it is foolish thing for Nigeria to start producing something it imports, I think you really need to look yourself in the mirror.

I don look myself tire for mirror come look mr minister with his first class degree then I just had to pity this country that something as cheap as pencil production will kickstart after 2yrs of pronouncing it.
why wait till 2018, wetin do 2016 or 2017?
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Originalsly: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
obailala:
What is foolish about this idea?
Great idea if we intend moving backwards. ...foolish idea if we are moving forward.Pencil was good business when the world was a paper world. The world has long been moving to paperless world.... sooo many pencil manufacturers have long gone out of business.... the world has long been trying to conserve forests .... and here we are planning to go backwards and shouting great development.What next?...a VCD plant?....afterall...many people still play VCD'S and it would create jobs.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by obailala(m): 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
Originalsly:
Great idea if we intend moving backwards. ...foolish idea if we are moving forward.Pencil was good business when the world was a paper world. The world has long been moving to paperless world.... sooo many pencil manufacturers have long gone out of business.... the world has long been trying to conserve forests .... and here we are planning to go backwards and shouting great development.What next?...a VCD plant?....afterall...many people still play VCD'S and it would create jobs.
3 Facts...
1. Pencils are still used all over the world, they are not going extinct any time soon.
2. Nigeria still uses a lot of pencils and it is disheartening to note that we import them all.
3. If Nigeria can start producing pencils (for local use and for export), it is a good thing.

No amount of smart analysis of yours can negate these 3 commonsensical facts above.

Similarly, when the case of building coal power plants to stop the over-reliance on gas is brought up, some smart-asses oppose such an idea claiming that coal isn't a clean power source. The fact remains that, we have a major power problem in Nigeria, over-reliance on gas isnt helping us (especially when you consider the recurring sabotage of pipelines), we need to diversify our source of power and no matter how unclean coal might be, it still produces over 40% of the world's power supply and will continue to do so for at least the next 50 years. We can't continue to outsmart ourselves.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Originalsly: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
obailala:
3 Facts...
1. Pencils are still used all over the world, they are not going extinct any time soon.
2. Nigeria still uses a lot of pencils and it is disheartening to note that we import them all.
3. If Nigeria can start producing pencils (for local use and for export), it is a good thing.

No amount of smart analysis of yours can negate these 3 commonsensical facts above.

Similarly, when the case of building coal power plants to stop the over-reliance on gas is brought up, some smart-asses oppose such an idea claiming that coal isn't a clean power source. The fact remains that, we have a major power problem in Nigeria, over-reliance on gas isnt helping us (especially when you consider the recurring sabotage of pipelines), we need to diversify our source of power and no matter how unclean coal might be, it still produces over 40% of the world's power supply and will continue to do so for at least the next 50 years. We can't continue to outsmart ourselves.
You seem to miss my point....like cassettes. ..like cd's... like dvd's... pencils are used worldwide. The demand has long peaked and usage is way downhill... never becoming obsolete ....same with newspapers. Why not invest in uphill projects instead of downhill ones?
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Greg007(m): 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
This is a really good nice idea
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Achorise: 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
charliboy654:

When he was president why didn't he save the country?
If you can not save your mind, he can't save your life.Nigeria problem is the problem of the mind,80% of Nigerians has a national mindset to steal and defraud, non challant attitude to work, mediocrity, tribalistic and bigotry. Until we get right in our minds no president can save Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Greg007(m): 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Common pencil is importer. Nawa o
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by egobetatoday: 11:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Propagan**sneezes*
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Achorise:
If you can not save your mind, he can't save your life.Nigeria problem is the problem of the mind,80% of Nigerians has a national mindset to steal and defraud, non challant attitude to work, mediocrity, tribalistic and bigotry. Until we get right in our minds no president can save Nigeria.
U right, I tot dsame as u, ontill we change our mind set, this country cannot be save.
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by davidtitan(m): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
dxdiag:

re pple still doing bulk sms bizness?
just asking.
i doubt if it still spin money like b4, beta find plan B before ur domain name expires.
my 1kobo advice

YES!! i am earning from it and its all depends on the strategy you use
Re: Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making by Rhea(f): 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
We are 3 weeks from 2018 when Ogbonnaya Onu promised to create 400,000 jobs in PRODA making pencils.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/01/nigeria-to-start-producing-own-pencils-by-2018-onu/

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-to-start-production-of-pencils-says-onu/

Make I go apply for my own job sharp sharp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search / Vacancies At Akwa Ibom State College Of Education / Beware Of Marketing Vacancies In Banks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.