Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) (52452 Views)

How Do I Become An IGCSE Certified Teacher? / Moment Students Realized That Their Teacher Was Watching Them Cheat On A Test / See What This Teacher Was Spotted Carrying In Class(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by victorazy(m): 8:36am On Mar 11, 2016
thesicilian:
I don't really blame the teacher as much as I blame the person who hired her. When you say 'certified' what did you actually mean? Certified from which institution? And who in his right mind would hire a somebody to teach/handle his child without the necessary interviews and background checks?
And to think that he's still 'planning to' fire her!

And which certified teacher will collect 12k per month? grin
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Localamos(m): 8:37am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

It was actually that way before our unfortunate contact with Europe, unless you argue there was nothing like education before we met Europeans. If so, you have to explain to me how knowledge acquisition happened before then.

There's nothing difficult about having text books in our various languages. It's a question of translating them. That's the way it is in Europe!. No European country speaks the same language, neither as a language of instruction in schools nor for communication, except Belgium that partly speak French and German.

Guess what?. Belgium does exactly that. Text books come in German (for the north) and French (for the South).

Map of Europe by language
[img]http://marcia.iqm.unicamp.br/Europe-hedscitec.png[/img]

The issue is Germans speak German. The French speak French. The English speak English. Nigerians speak over 300 different languages! So after acquiring formal education in your local dialect, how do you integrate into global community?

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Psoul(m): 8:40am On Mar 11, 2016
Our education system in this country is so so bad. Such a thing happened once when i was going through my kids school homework. I noticed that 3 out of 5 questions given to one of my kids has serious issues. It is either the grammar was so humiliatingly poor or the question asked was out of place.

I got so mad about this. I had to write a note and attached it to the page where the homework was given and cautioned the teacher to improve on her grammar and also give correct and relevant homework to my my kids and others in that school or else i will be forced come and see the owner of the school about the issue. I also asked the teacher to give answer to those irrelevant and incomprehensible things given as homework.

To my surprise, when my daughter came back from school, the sheet containing the homework has been torn off by her teacher.
Its so pathetic how cost of education is getting so high daily in direct proportion to high rate of illiteracy.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by BigElEddy(m): 8:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Atlantian:
Someday, a student who was tutored by such teacher will become a President, a President as 'wonderfool' as Buhari.

Or a first lady as "wonderfool' as PEJ grin
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by banmee(m): 8:45am On Mar 11, 2016
namedonfinish:
this is one of the reasons why the teaching profession should be professionalised with appropriate legal backing, to avoid in flock by every tommy, dike and haruna...

You are criticizing teachers, meanwhile your English is no better. Stop blaming teachers. This problem is a Nigerian thing. More than half the populace have no grasp of the English language nor how to use it properly.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 8:48am On Mar 11, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
What you see in the board above was allegedly written by a certified teacher. Nura Alkali who employed the female teacher went berserk after he saw the level of her literacy courtesy of what she was actually teaching his children. He wrote;

'This was written by a certified school teacher i hired to tutor my children three sessions a week at 12K per month. I'm sacking her today. The Nigerian teacher-training system definitely needs a shake-up'.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/man-goes-berserk-after-he-saw-nonsense.html
...this must be a "BUHARI's" sibling teaching...dullards!!!
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by tbliss22(m): 8:49am On Mar 11, 2016
Those so called "empty-head" teachers are everywhere teaching nonsense, especially in all these two room self-contain schools opened by some hungry people who can't just afford to employ seasoned professionals with good experience in the field.

Like seriously the Ministry of Education needs to wake up to her responsibility to regulate our schools from crews up to our higher institutions. What they are good at is to dis-organize the curricula. The ministry must begin routine check on some of these schools unannounced.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by ninodaniel(m): 8:50am On Mar 11, 2016
I just saw a simple mistake. he or she is in a hurry. wanted to write sanusi in his old age but made a mistake and wrote sanusi in is old age just ommited d h. d rest of d sentence is not dt bad. I think d person is trying to use simple grammar so dt d kids will understand.forget d bad handwriting most of us hv worse. cool down and read d passage well and dnt rush to comment for cheap likes. my opinion though
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 11, 2016
Hire a tutor at 12k per month and you are complaining.

When you pay peanuts you hire monkeys. Period!
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 8:56am On Mar 11, 2016
Localamos:

The issue is Germans speak German. The French speak French. The English speak English. Nigerians speak over 300 different languages! So after acquiring formal education in your local dialect, how do you integrate into global community?

First of all, you need to understand the pre-colonial structure of African nations. If you understand that there would be no need for this question.

In brief, African nations evolved similar to Europe with different nationalities. The Igbos were a nation, Yorubas were a nation, Efiks were a nation, Hausas were a nation, Fulanis were a nation. This nations were only lumped up together in 1885 at the Berlin conference to satisfy European greed. If we didn't have any contact with Europe, there would have been no need for you to study English in school, unless you wanted to. Please read this link and you'll understand. See http://www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

Your question presupposes it's very important to study English in school and that's the huge burden of mental slavery we have to live with, unfortunately. Be informed, it's not compulsory to study English in school!. That's the way it is in European countries!.

To answer your question: We would have communicated the rest of the world the same way Europeans do it!. The same way Japanese people do it!. The same way Russians do it!. The same way Koreans do it!. e.t.c. e.t.c. Set yourself free!!!. Europeans didn't do us any favour!!!.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by wellmax(m): 9:00am On Mar 11, 2016
Atlantian:
Someday, a student who was tutored by such teacher will become a President, a President as 'wonderfool' as Buhari.

and you will remain an internet nitwit.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Djbaka(m): 9:01am On Mar 11, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
I am not a tribalist people; but that is a yoruba teacher.

"Sanusi in is old age"

grin
grin grin
What's the difference between you and the teacher?
Fowl!
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Toluene15: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Chijosky(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:
You've never seen anything yet!. If you know what's going on in the sciences, like; chemistry, physics, you'll cry.

Recently, someone here on Nairaland posted a thread the other day lamenting on how teachers he hired to write the JAMB exams for him failed the exam. LOL!!. A teacher failing his own subject!!. What else do we need to know education in Africa is a big joke?.

This's why we need to revert back to our natural way of learning, i.e studying in our native languages. Asians in the eighties discovered the problem with western education and they made a U-turn, took their destiny in their own hands, and reverted back to their natural way of learning. And since Malaysians, Indonesians, Thai, e.t.c made this decision their fortunes changed, and they sped fast towards development leaving us behind.

Western education isn't made for your own good. It was created at the late 1800 century when colonial powers were under pressure from the African people to leave Africa. But, before leaving, they figured out that if they left us without teaching us their languages they'll not have any means of exploiting us in absentia. Therefore, they made sure they installed their model of education all over Africa, forcing the African people and making it a point for every African school to adopt English or French as a compulsory subject in schools (Rome previously used this as a strategy for destroying culture during their hay days in Europe). When the language of a people is destroyed, their culture will also be destroyed over some hundreds or thousands of years. Get it?. Meaning that our native languages would go into extinction over a hundred or thousands years, and we'll practically become foreigners in our land!!. This way they'll constantly create brainwashed Euro-Afro hybrid elites (neither European nor African in mindset) who act as a conduit for further exploitation of Africa. This's like training a puppy (dog) to behave exactly how you want it to behave.

Ultimately, what western education brings to a people are; first: destruction of language, second: destruction of culture, third: intellectual slavery, fourth: poverty.

The only way we can have true education and development in Africa is to abandon western education and create our own model of education. Same way we abandoned Hollywood movies in the early 90's and created our own movie industry (Nollywood). Yes, we can!!. By the way, the ''wood'' in Nollywood itself is a signature of intellectual slavery, a product of western education.

I grew up researching this topic (pedagogy) without even realizing what I was doing, cause I was born in a library. I've spent years researching this stuff, and literally shed tears the day I realized I' am an educated fool. Then, I began to debrainwash myself.

If I have my way and get a record label that believe in my type of music, I'll change the way education happen in Africa.

Western education is a scam!!!!. It wasn't created for our own good!.

For details, see the part 1 and 2 of this link http://www.africason.com/2015/10/intellectual-slavery-most-dangerous.html
can't believe I read all dat, but its worth reading
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Hash86(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2016
Nnemuka:
Nigeria education is a mess...
i will never advice anyone who can afford training their wards abroad to settle for less here in Nigeria. Scarcity of no scarcity of fx.

Imagine a country with a cattle rearer as president. tufiakwa
Worst than that happened to nigeria. At least cattle rearers use some part of their head, Imagine palm wine and ogogoro drinker leading a big country like Nigeria
Tir! Drunkard as a president
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by xto86(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2016
I want to use this medium to apologize to my kids yet unborn for the half baked knowledge they shall be receiving from their teachers cos the system does not encourage brilliant minds to venture into education.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by akinmusi(m): 9:11am On Mar 11, 2016
In fact, I am speechless!
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by piagetskinner(m): 9:12am On Mar 11, 2016
Terrible...
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 11, 2016
banmee:

You are criticizing teachers, meanwhile your English is no better. Stop blaming teachers. This problem is a Nigerian thing. More than half the populace have no grasp of the English language nor how to use it properly.

oga teacher, can u please point out my so called "mistake" according to you instead of ranting....

And since u also find it hard to comprehend, may be I should explain to you slowly...
I didn't in anyway blame the teachers, but I am wary of the the system that allows everyone become an overnight teacher..
For years, there as been an oversight of the teaching profession... unlike other professions that has restrictions, the teaching profession rarely bares unneccessary filtration..
Most graduate suffering from unemployment sees teaching as the next available option, whereas most of them don't know the ethics of the profession..
So you see my dear, I think the professional bodies involved should arise to this clarion call before issues get more complicated..
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by agentakins: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2016
Localamos:
How do I believe this was not staged? adonbilivit angry
You have spoken my mind. I don't believe this story. It might just be cooked up.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Mordecai(m): 9:22am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:
You've never seen anything yet!. If you know what's going on in the sciences, like; chemistry, physics, you'll cry.

Recently, someone here on Nairaland posted a thread the other day lamenting on how teachers he hired to write the JAMB exams for him failed the exam. LOL!!. A teacher failing his own subject!!. What else do we need to know education in Africa is a big joke?.

This's why we need to revert back to our natural way of learning, i.e studying in our native languages. Asians in the eighties discovered the problem with western education and they made a U-turn, took their destiny in their own hands, and reverted back to their natural way of learning. And since Malaysians, Indonesians, Thai, e.t.c made this decision their fortunes changed, and they sped fast towards development leaving us behind.

Western education isn't made for your own good. It was created at the late 1800 century when colonial powers were under pressure from the African people to leave Africa. But, before leaving, they figured out that if they left us without teaching us their languages they'll not have any means of exploiting us in absentia. Therefore, they made sure they installed their model of education all over Africa, forcing the African people and making it a point for every African school to adopt English or French as a compulsory subject in schools (Rome previously used this as a strategy for destroying culture during their hay days in Europe). When the language of a people is destroyed, their culture will also be destroyed over some hundreds or thousands of years. Get it?. Meaning that our native languages would go into extinction over a hundred or thousands years, and we'll practically become foreigners in our land!!. This way they'll constantly create brainwashed Euro-Afro hybrid elites (neither European nor African in mindset) who act as a conduit for further exploitation of Africa. This's like training a puppy (dog) to behave exactly how you want it to behave.

Ultimately, what western education brings to a people are; first: destruction of language, second: destruction of culture, third: intellectual slavery, fourth: poverty.

The only way we can have true education and development in Africa is to abandon western education and create our own model of education. Same way we abandoned Hollywood movies in the early 90's and created our own movie industry (Nollywood). Yes, we can!!. By the way, the ''wood'' in Nollywood itself is a signature of intellectual slavery, a product of western education.

I grew up researching this topic (pedagogy) without even realizing what I was doing, cause I was born in a library. I've spent years researching this stuff, and literally shed tears the day I realized I' am an educated fool. Then, I began to debrainwash myself.

If I have my way and get a record label that believe in my type of music, I'll change the way education happen in Africa.

For details, see the part 1 and 2 of this link http://www.africason.com/2015/10/intellectual-slavery-most-dangerous.html

this is clearly a boko haram supporter.

2 Likes

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by HonAdeli(m): 9:25am On Mar 11, 2016
lol afi suru!!
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by agitator: 9:26am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

The problem is not just the language, but emanates from the widespread and institutionalized cheating during exams. I always mentioned during discussion with some of my intelligent friends and others that this cheating would create a crisis in future. wink wink wink
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Atlantian: 9:28am On Mar 11, 2016
wellmax:

and you will remain an internet nitwit.
Yes of course. I will remain internet nitwit while our President remains a "wonderfool" cattle rearer but a silly leader without economic plan.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 9:30am On Mar 11, 2016
Mordecai:

this is clearly a boko haram supporter.

There's no need quoting an intellectual topic without having anything of value to offer. If you have a superior argument, please forward it.

I' am no muslim.

I've been preaching this long before boko haram.

Musician, Bob Marley has been saying this since the 70's.

Kwame Nkrumah, the founding father of African independence has been saying this since the 50's.

Indeed, Lord Kwame Nkrumah noticed the problem with education in Africa. After observing that colonial missionary schools curriculum was Euro-centric, and that it carefully excluded African religion, culture, and history, he said ‘’under such a system of education the youth of Africa is not prepared to meet any definite situations of the changing community except those of the clerical activities and occupations for foreign commercial and mercantile concerns’’.

And he concluded by saying ‘’any educational program which fails to furnish criteria for the judgment of social, political, economic, and technical progress of the people it purports to serve has completely failed in its purpose, and has become an educational fraud’’.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 9:30am On Mar 11, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
I am not a tribalist people; but that is a yoruba teacher.

"Sanusi in is old age"

grin
grin grin

If I call you Mumu now, they will ban me. So Yorubas bear Sanusi abi? Your watery brain couldn't muster to you that this actually happened in the North
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by grandlexuz(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

When you finally do, dont forget to create your own alphabets. The ones you used in your epistle is western. You might want to give up your phone and laptop too since it is structured on western education. What about your car? Care to give that up to? Last time I checked BH were against western education. Are we safe? With reference to your own words you are certainly "an educated fool"

2 Likes

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 9:44am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

It was actually that way before our unfortunate contact with Europe, unless you argue there was nothing like education before we met Europeans. If so, you have to explain to me how knowledge acquisition happened before then.

There's nothing difficult about having text books in our various languages. It's a question of translating them. That's the way it is in Europe!. No European country speaks the same language, neither as a language of instruction in schools nor for communication, except Belgium that partly speak French and German.

Guess what?. Belgium does exactly that. Text books come in German (for the north) and French (for the South).

Map of Europe by language
[img]http://marcia.iqm.unicamp.br/Europe-hedscitec.png[/img]

Map of Europe.
[img]http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/contemporarymaps/world/europe/europe4c.jpg[/img]

Why would European colonial powers give you English and French as official language for education in Africa, while themselves speak their various languages in school?.

Africans open your eyes!!.

Look at what you are saying. How many languages do they speak in belgium? Just three, Dutch, French and German. A Belgian can learn and speak all three before age 10. How can you learn all the Nigerian Languages? If I school in the Yoruba land, I can't work in Efik communities because I would have to learn their language to be able to read, write and do any meaningful office. work over there. Look at South-Africa, they have 11 official languages but 90% of their textbooks come in English Language. The problem rocking our education and growth is not about the language, it is simply down to corruption and misplaced priorities.

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 9:46am On Mar 11, 2016
grandlexuz:

When you finally do, dont forget to create your own alphabets. The ones you used in your epistle is western. You might want to give up your phone and laptop too since it is structured on western education. What about your car? Care to give that up to? Last time I checked BH were against western education. Are we safe?

Please don't mind this man.

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2016
bankybobo11:

Look at what you are saying. How many languages do they speak in belgium? Just three, Dutch, French and German. A Belgian can learn and speak all three before age 10. How can you learn all the Nigerian Languages? If I school in the Yoruba land, I can't work in Efik communities because I would have to learn their language to be able to read, write and do any meaningful office. work over there. Look at South-Africa, they have 11 official languages but 90% of their textbooks come in English Language. The problem rocking our education and growth is not about the language, it is simply down to corruption and misplaced priorities.

Please refer to the answer I earlier gave to the other guy about the pre-colonial states of Africa. It's a pity you'll don't know your history and therefore can't fathom we have been doing all what you said long before we had contact with Europe.

Yorubas didn't begin trading with Benins after we met Europeans. Igbos didn't start doing business with Ijaws after we met the British. Fulanis didn't start to communicate Hausas after we met the British. e.t.c, e.t.c.

We had a life before we met Europeans!!.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 9:51am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

Yet, you won't be be to hold a phone and type this nonsense were it not for this western education you called a scam

2 Likes

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by banmee(m): 9:54am On Mar 11, 2016
namedonfinish:

oga teacher, can u please point out my so called "mistake" according to you instead of ranting....

And since u also find it hard to comprehend, may be I should explain to you slowly...
I didn't in anyway blame the teachers, but I am wary of the the system that allows everyone become an overnight teacher..
For years, there as been an oversight of the teaching profession... unlike other professions that has restrictions, the teaching profession rarely bares unneccessary filtration..
Most graduate suffering from unemployment sees teaching as the next available option, whereas most of them don't know the ethics of the profession..
So you see my dear, I think the professional bodies involved should arise to this clarion call before issues get more complicated..

Aunty mi, it's "in flux" not "in flock".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / Lady Celebrates Her Matriculation At Mother's Fish Stand, Soibi Ibibo Jack Helps / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.