Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) (52455 Views)

How Do I Become An IGCSE Certified Teacher? / Moment Students Realized That Their Teacher Was Watching Them Cheat On A Test / See What This Teacher Was Spotted Carrying In Class(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by banmee(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:
You've never seen anything yet!. If you know what's going on in the sciences, like; chemistry, physics, you'll cry.

Recently, someone here on Nairaland posted a thread the other day lamenting on how teachers he hired to write the JAMB exams for him failed the exam. LOL!!. A teacher failing his own subject!!. What else do we need to know education in Africa is a big joke?.

This's why we need to revert back to our natural way of learning, i.e studying in our native languages. Asians in the eighties discovered the problem with western education and they made a U-turn, took their destiny in their own hands, and reverted back to their natural way of learning. And since Malaysians, Indonesians, Thai, e.t.c made this decision their fortunes changed, and they sped fast towards development leaving us behind.

Western education isn't made for your own good. It was created at the late 1800 century when colonial powers were under pressure from the African people to leave Africa. But, before leaving, they figured out that if they left us without teaching us their languages they'll not have any means of exploiting us in absentia. Therefore, they made sure they installed their model of education all over Africa, forcing the African people and making it a point for every African school to adopt English or French as a compulsory subject in schools (Rome previously used this as a strategy for destroying culture during their hay days in Europe). When the language of a people is destroyed, their culture will also be destroyed over some hundreds or thousands of years. Get it?. Meaning that our native languages would go into extinction over a hundred or thousands years, and we'll practically become foreigners in our land!!. This way they'll constantly create brainwashed Euro-Afro hybrid elites (neither European nor African in mindset) who act as a conduit for further exploitation of Africa. This's like training a puppy (dog) to behave exactly how you want it to behave.

Ultimately, what western education brings to a people are; first: destruction of language, second: destruction of culture, third: intellectual slavery, fourth: poverty.

The only way we can have true education and development in Africa is to abandon western education and create our own model of education. Same way we abandoned Hollywood movies in the early 90's and created our own movie industry (Nollywood). Yes, we can!!. By the way, the ''wood'' in Nollywood itself is a signature of intellectual slavery, a product of western education.

I grew up researching this topic (pedagogy) without even realizing what I was doing, cause I was born in a library. I've spent years researching this stuff, and literally shed tears the day I realized I' am an educated fool. Then, I began to debrainwash myself.

If I have my way and get a record label that believe in my type of music, I'll change the way education happen in Africa.

Western education is a scam!!!!. It wasn't created for our own good!.

For details, see the part 1 and 2 of this link http://www.africason.com/2015/10/intellectual-slavery-most-dangerous.html

How about you start the revolution and start communicating in your native dialect and let's see how far you'll get.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 10:04am On Mar 11, 2016
bankybobo11:

Yet, you won't be be to hold a phone and type this nonsense were it not for this western education you called a scam

Ebere gi n'emerem.

Onye gwara gi n'am enweghị ike ịkowa onwem n'asụsụ ala anyị?. Onye gwara gị n'ọbu ndi ọcha wetara anyị asụsụ na edemede?
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2016
banmee:

How about you start the revolution and start communicating in your native dialect and let's see how far you'll get.

Ana m eme ya kwa mgbe n'Nairaland. Ihe m ji asụ asụsụ ndi ọcha bu maka ya bụ asụsụ onye obụla n'asụ n'Nairaland.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Kessyy2k4(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
I am not a tribalist, people; but that is a yoruba teacher.

"Sanusi in is old age"

grin
grin grin
shut-d-trap! i know u must b odigbo wailers tryna console hmslf!
mayb if Oba akinolu has casted you into d lagoon,gringringrin mayb u won't hav d mouth&hand to bringout dat trash
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

Please refer to the answer I earlier gave to the other guy about the pre-colonial states of Africa. It's a pity you'll don't know your history and therefore can't fathom we have been doing all what you said long before we had contact with Europe.

Yorubas didn't begin trading with Benins after we met Europeans. Igbos didn't start doing business with Ijaws after we met the British. Fulanis didn't start to communicate Hausas after we met the British. e.t.c, e.t.c.

We had a life before we met Europeans!!.

Yes, we had a life and there was education (which was just oral, we had no alphabets and we couldn't read anything written down) and African Civilization did not pass inter-tribal trading of food, livestock, artworks and other petty stuff. If not for European education, there would be nothing like nairaland today. Our forefathers were lazy, their inventions were crude and were millions of years behind their Western counterparts. When Christopher Columbus discovered America when he was finding a route to China, where were our forefathers? They were only farming and were living in huts. That would have been the case today if the Europeans had not colonised Africa (Africans lack invention)

If our economy, educational system, social setting, etc had been similar to what they have in the western world, you won't be arguing that colonisation brought negativity. The ball is in our court, Language is not the problem, our leaders are!

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by banmee(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

Ana m eme ya kwa mgbe n'Nairaland. Ihe m ji asụ asụsụ ndi ọcha bu maka ya bụ asụsụ onye obụla n'asụ n'Nairaland.

That's what I'm talking about. Just keep doing that from now on. No more English for you.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by wellmax(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2016
Atlantian:
Yes of course. I will remain internet nitwit while our President remains a "wonderfool" cattle rearer but a silly leader without economic plan.
Gbam, no more arguments.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 10:24am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

Ebere gi n'emerem.

Onye gwara gi n'am enweghị ike ịkowa onwem n'asụsụ ala anyị?. Onye gwara gị n'ọbu ndi ọcha wetara anyị asụsụ na edemede?

You're not communicating and this would be the problem if we were to make all Nigerian Languages official languages. If you're abusing me, then you're not as wise as I though you were
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by musicwriter(m): 10:32am On Mar 11, 2016
bankybobo11:

Yes, we had a life and there was education (which was just oral, we had no alphabets and we couldn't read anything written down) and African Civilization did not pass inter-tribal trading of food, livestock, artworks and other petty stuff. If not for European education, there would be nothing like nairaland today. Our forefathers were lazy, their inventions were crude and were millions of years behind their Western counterparts. When Christopher Columbus discovered America when he was finding a route to China, where were our forefathers? They were only farming and were living in huts. That would have been the case today if the Europeans had not colonised Africa (Africans lack invention)

If our economy, educational system, social setting, etc had been similar to what they have in the western world, you won't be arguing that colonisation brought negativity. The ball is in our court, Language is not the problem, our leaders are!

No, you're totally wrong. The Igbo's; for example, long developed a writing system known as Nsibidi long before we met Europeans!. Google ''Nsibidi'', it's no Latin characters.

Be informed, once upon a time in human history Africa was the most advanced continent. When the Dutch first arrived Benin kingdom in Nigeria they were so shocked about the rate of development they saw over here, so much that their exploration leader had to report back to Europe saying ''The town seem to be very great. When you enter into it you go into a great broad street, well paved, which seems to be seven or eight times broader than the Warmoes street in Amsterdam.

The king’s palace is a collection of buildings which occupy as much space as the town of Harlem, and which is enclosed with walls. There are numerous apartments for the Prince’s ministers and fine galleries, most of which are as big as those on the exchange at Amsterdam. They are supported by wooden pillars encased with copper, where their victories are depicted, and which are carefully kept very clean.

The town is composed of thirty main streets, very straight and 120 feet wide, apart from an infinity of small intersecting streets. The houses are close to one another, arranged in good order. These people are in no way inferior to the Dutch. They wash and scrub their houses so well that they are polished and shinning like glass''.
And this scenario wasn't peculiar to Benin Kingdom. The Ashanti king in ancient Ghana kingdom was so rich that his official seat was made of REAL gold. Africa was extremely very prosperous before Europe made contact with us.

As a matter of fact, the British stole a lot of artworks from Oba Ovonramwen palace after they captured the king in late 1800 century. Why would they want to steal a substandard artwork?.

Binis were the first people to develop copper or brass cast artwork, long before Europeans or any of the known world at the time. Their artworks were so superior to Europeans at that time, such that it was and is still a subject of display in museums worldwide. In fact, white people have refused to return artworks stolen from Bini emoire, cause they're so precious.

But everything changed once Europe made contact with us around 1400AD. We became conquered and were no longer in charge of our destiny. Instead of developing our lands, African natural and human resources were being used to develop Europe. Therefore, we lost steam and were thrown into total darkness as a people for over 400 years!. But, within this 400 years Europe entered the age of technology and industrial revolution, all made possible by exploitation of Africa. Trains were built, cars built, advance in physics, chemistry, biology, e.t.c happened within this period, but sadly Africa was never a part of this technological revolution. Just imagine where a people could not make a single development for 400 years!.

Please go read ''How Europe underdeveloped Africa'' by Dr. Walter Rodney.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2016
ilevic:
This is one of the many things that annoy me. When a teacher makes a mistake, the whole world hears about it but nobody cares about the well fare of teachers. A private school proprietor would employ a graduate and pay him 11k a month and in some cases they prefer to employ secondary school drop out. so what do we expect? I don't blame this teacher but I blame all who are responsible for our woes

Actually, it is 'welfare'.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by jamace(m): 10:43am On Mar 11, 2016
Result of employment via connection..... sad
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 11, 2016
banmee:

Aunty mi, it's "in flux" not "in flock".
uncle mi, tanx for d correction..
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2016
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by bankybobo11: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2016
musicwriter:

No, you're totally wrong. The Igbo's, for example long developed a writing system known as Nsibidi long before we met Europeans!.

Be informed, once upon a time in human history Africa was the most advanced continent. When the Dutch first arrived Benin kingdom in Nigeria they were so shocked about the rate of development they saw over here, so much that their exploration leader had to report back to Europe saying ''The town seem to be very great. When you enter into it you go into a great broad street, well paved, which seems to be seven or eight times broader than the Warmoes street in Amsterdam.

The king’s palace is a collection of buildings which occupy as much space as the town of Harlem, and which is enclosed with walls. There are numerous apartments for the Prince’s ministers and fine galleries, most of which are as big as those on the exchange at Amsterdam. They are supported by wooden pillars encased with copper, where their victories are depicted, and which are carefully kept very clean.

The town is composed of thirty main streets, very straight and 120 feet wide, apart from an infinity of small intersecting streets. The houses are close to one another, arranged in good order. These people are in no way inferior to the Dutch. They wash and scrub their houses so well that they are polished and shinning like glass''.
And this scenario wasn't peculiar to Benin Kingdom. The Ashanti king in ancient Ghana kingdom was so rich that his official seat was made of REAL gold. Africa was extremely very prosperous before Europe made contact with us.

But everything changed once Europe made contact with us around 1400AD. We became conquered and were no longer in charge of our destiny. Instead of developing our lands, African natural and human resources were being used to develop Europe. Therefore, we lost steam and were thrown into total darkness as a people for over 400 years!. But, within this 400 years Europe entered the age of technology and industrial revolution, all made possible by exploitation of Africa. Trains were built, cars built, advance in physics, chemistry, biology, e.t.c happened within this period, but sadly Africa was never a part of this technological revolution. Just imagine where a people could not make a single development for 400 years!.

Please go read ''How Europe underdeveloped Africa'' by Dr. Walter Rodney.

My dad recommended me to read the book, I didn't. I won't concur with whatever ideology or philosophy the book contains. Why the emphasis on the Benin Empire? Why didn't this civilisation spread to the other parts of Africa? Why didn't they develop weapons good enough to repel the Europeans? The whole Europe didn't come to conquer Africa, just a few representatives and our ammunition and weapons of warfare weren't enough to repel their advances. No matter how you try to convince me, I will refuse to see your reasons. We had civilisation but it wasn't enough and wholesale civilization is not down to large buildings and well paved streets. I'm a colonial chauvinist
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by luggy(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2016
agarawu23:
THAT IS NORTHERN TEACHERS FOR YOU, ENGLISH PAST THEMshocked

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Rhayne(f): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2016
Picture..infact a video clip of the teacher writing on the board or adonbilivit! Haba the writing looks like that of a kid
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Mypeople2(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2016
Please how much are you paying the home tutor, 12k?Didn't you see a certified teacher that told you 30k?You want the best for your kids but you don't want to pay good amount of money
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Nnemuka(f): 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hash86:

Worst than that happened to nigeria. At least cattle rearers use some part of their head, Imagine palm wine and ogogoro drinker leading a big country like Nigeria
Tir! Drunkard as a president

"ogogoro drinker" with phd.
atleast during his tenure a dollar was at 165 before it became 197
no fuel queue anywhere during his 5years
pure water sold at 5naira in Kaduna
he built and completed roads from abuja to kaduna your home
and finally our economy was listed among the biggest economy in Africa.

our cattle rearer with nepa certificate has managed to destroy everything our "ogogoro drinker" with phd ever started.
tufia
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Papasland21: 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
Atlantian:
Someday, a student who was tutored by such teacher will become a President, a President as 'wonderfool' as Buhari.

Can't you make your point without abusive reference to the head of state, it speaks a lot about your upbringing.

1 Like

Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by ilevic(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
aluk:

Actually, it is 'welfare'.
Noted and modified. Thanks
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Originalsly: 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
ilevic:
This is one of the many things that annoy me. When a teacher makes a mistake, the whole world hears about it but nobody cares about the welfare of teachers. A private school proprietor would employ a graduate and pay him 11k a month and in some cases they prefer to employ secondary school drop out. so what do we expect? I don't blame this teacher but I blame all who are responsible for our woes

*modified*

thanks aluk
Did this teacher make a mistake? This kind reasoning is what leads the profession to the gutter. @topic. We are too obsessed with certifications rather than qualifications. I'm sure she presented him with a certificate...which she got printed out...and d told him she was a teacher at some prestigious school... and that was enough for him. Yes there are lots of unqualified teachers but I doubt this primary school dropout is one of them.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Asiri1991: 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Osun teachers everywhere. Blame GEJ abeg
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by caphone: 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2016
Now you decide wether to continue paying her 12k every month. Smh
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Benbelor(m): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
We should abolish western education so that if I call yhu 'onye ara' yhu will think I told yhu to go and slap yhur father abi
musicwriter:
You've never seen anything yet!. If you know what's going on in the sciences, like; chemistry, physics, you'll cry.

Recently, someone here on Nairaland posted a thread the other day lamenting on how teachers he hired to write the JAMB exams for him failed the exam. LOL!!. A teacher failing his own subject!!. What else do we need to know education in Africa is a big joke?.

This's why we need to revert back to our natural way of learning, i.e studying in our native languages. Asians in the eighties discovered the problem with western education and they made a U-turn, took their destiny in their own hands, and reverted back to their natural way of learning. And since Malaysians, Indonesians, Thai, e.t.c made this decision their fortunes changed, and they sped fast towards development leaving us behind.

Western education isn't made for your own good. It was created at the late 1800 century when colonial powers were under pressure from the African people to leave Africa. But, before leaving, they figured out that if they left us without teaching us their languages they'll not have any means of exploiting us in absentia. Therefore, they made sure they installed their model of education all over Africa, forcing the African people and making it a point for every African school to adopt English or French as a compulsory subject in schools (Rome previously used this as a strategy for destroying culture during their hay days in Europe). When the language of a people is destroyed, their culture will also be destroyed over some hundreds or thousands of years. Get it?. Meaning that our native languages would go into extinction over a hundred or thousands years, and we'll practically become foreigners in our land!!. This way they'll constantly create brainwashed Euro-Afro hybrid elites (neither European nor African in mindset) who act as a conduit for further exploitation of Africa. This's like training a puppy (dog) to behave exactly how you want it to behave.

Ultimately, what western education brings to a people are; first: destruction of language, second: destruction of culture, third: intellectual slavery, fourth: poverty.

The only way we can have true education and development in Africa is to abandon western education and create our own model of education. Same way we abandoned Hollywood movies in the early 90's and created our own movie industry (Nollywood). Yes, we can!!. By the way, the ''wood'' in Nollywood itself is a signature of intellectual slavery, a product of western education.

I grew up researching this topic (pedagogy) without even realizing what I was doing, cause I was born in a library. I've spent years researching this stuff, and literally shed tears the day I realized I' am an educated fool. Then, I began to debrainwash myself.

If I have my way and get a record label that believe in my type of music, I'll change the way education happen in Africa.

Western education is a scam!!!!. It wasn't created for our own good!.

For details, see the part 1 and 2 of this link http://www.africason.com/2015/10/intellectual-slavery-most-dangerous.html
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by TaiKuun(m): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

"Sanusi in is old age"

grin
grin grin
wrong!!!

Again, if you are not a tribalist, then maybe it is your father that's a tribalist.
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by phorget(m): 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
namedonfinish:
this is one of the reasons why the teaching profession should be professionalised with appropriate legal backing, to avoid in flock by every tommy, dike and haruna...
wetin concern "Dike" nah?
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by firstolalekan(m): 6:31am On Mar 13, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

"Sanusi in is old age"

grin
grin grin
Ólofo
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by thesicilian: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
victorazy:

And which certified teacher will collect 12k per month? grin
Help me ask him. At times this is what you get when you go looking for over-cheap services
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by thesicilian: 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
gbemijames:

God bless you bug. You just said whats on my mind.
How on earld would you employ a teacher without necessary interviews and assesment?..

I tire o
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by Ugosample(m): 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
wow.. shocked shocked
Re: A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) by HADI854: 5:06am On Nov 23, 2018
Mztarstrechy:
What you see in the board above was allegedly written by a certified teacher. Nura Alkali who employed the female teacher went berserk after he saw the level of her literacy courtesy of what she was actually teaching his children. He wrote;

'This was written by a certified school teacher i hired to tutor my children three sessions a week at 12K per month. I'm sacking her today. The Nigerian teacher-training system definitely needs a shake-up'.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/man-goes-berserk-after-he-saw-nonsense.html

Na wa oooooo
and Maybe this one graduate with first class oo through ekoro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / Lady Celebrates Her Matriculation At Mother's Fish Stand, Soibi Ibibo Jack Helps / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.