Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Windows Xp Crash - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Xp Crash (617 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Xp Crash by felifeli: 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2009
My Windows Xp refuses to boot completely. It starts and then report the error screen "we are sorry, " , and then starts the process again repeatedly. Attempting to boot from the CD drive with the bootable XP cd does not work at all. Anyone know what can be wrong and how I may fix this ?
Re: Windows Xp Crash by McGURU: 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2009
Can you give details of how to tried to repair it using the windows xp cd
Re: Windows Xp Crash by emonkey(m): 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2009
If it does not boot from your CD drive you probably have hardware failure then
Re: Windows Xp Crash by felifeli: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2009
OK the XP CD works now but it will not recover. I get the impression that the only way to go will be to reformat the hard disk as it says the available partition is corrupt. Is there a sensible way around this as I can't afford to lose some of the data on my hard disk. Can you copy data from the hard disk as it is and how ?
Re: Windows Xp Crash by Oxone(m): 10:01am On Jul 20, 2009
try repair option after booting from cd or use chkdsk /p to check the disk for errors
Re: Windows Xp Crash by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2009
get an external hard drive case, remove the hard drive, and install it in the case

ensure you confirm if your drive is sata or ide before you buy the case. also ensure the case has a usb port. connect this to another pc, copy your files and get to restoring your system

personally,

i have a 500gb notebook hard drive that is in in 7 partitions, two for Os seven and xp, one for virtual hard disk, and the rest for my documents. this way, i never have to worry about losing my documents in the event of a system crash , and i can always get to them via my backup OS.

(1) (Reply)

New Hp Pink Chick Notebook / Site Error Question / Need To Back-up My Old Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.