Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,372 members, 7,958,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured (21429 Views)

Anambra Election Will Hold If Nigeria Is Restructured Before October 1 - Kanu / Why Nigeria Cannot Be Restructured – IPOB / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by tsdarkside(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
the king has spoken!!!....
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by 400billionman: 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Sanusi is WAILING.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
So this man is still walking free in our country, what a sad place to call home were rapist and terrorist has power.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by winj: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
he can start by giving back the money he stole from the CBN...used to buy the emir of Kano
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Lionsclaw: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
I agree that we need a restructure of the political pattern in Nigeria. But I disagree with this man that we dont need all those offices. What I think we rather need in addition is to drastically reduce the cost of governance.

For instance I want to assume all our senators are rich business men who could afford the cost of their campaign, that is, they have brilliant minds to have succeeded in their respective business. So why not have a situation where they offer their brilliance for free as members of NASS.

If our president, senators, honorables, govs etc offer free services we will save alot for people oriented projects plus the fact that only those with passion to truely serve will find themselves there.

Having 300 senators means 300 minds to vet bills before laws are made and with such you cant go wrong. But assuming we reduce to 10 senators they will be drained out before they are able to cater for 180million people.

Bottomline reduce cost not the number of hands on deck

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by dungburu: 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
I love the speech any way despite the speaker being an hypocrite. Democracy is never a good system of government for Nigeria. Democracy can not work in a country with cultural, religion and ethnic differences.

Take a look at countries where democracy thrives, you will discover that they have the qualities that would make democratic government successful.

Untill we get it right, we will be chasing shadow instead of the substance.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Fadekebisola(f): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Kondomatic:
Political post is not for lazy readers.

Let's go back to romance section.
#word cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by bankybobo11: 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
moderatorr:
His opinion appears good but biased. The example he gave was to merge nearby states with Kano.
He is Emir of Kano, seems he wants to have more states under his emirate.

Why source for a far example when his home is one? There's no logic in your statement. So this is his best avenue to start clamouring for wider followers under his Emirate, urgh?

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by don4real18(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
This is real common sense and not the one being preached by the Twitter champion
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Aawizdom(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
donestk:
Reduce ur child brides
wetin concern u with his tradition. Is it envious?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by leofab(f): 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dollyak:

This is a common sense really. Nigeria has no business creating 36 states they have now. Texas and california alone combined together, is almost as big as Nigeria.
and common sense didn't allow you to compare the population of America to that of Nigeria
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Aawizdom(m): 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
hollywater:
In as much as i agreed with you sir,reduce child bride from your throne first. And please don't steal the common sense campaign of Our able senator BMB.
Be creative and get your own initial thanks in advance.
u too dey concern for some1 tradition. Just hv respect for it n be on ur own.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Forwetinnah: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
...coming from a cradle snatcher, who still listens to this child molester?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by NorttGate: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
emiwanlee:
This guy started the hatred for jonathsn by saying there was money missing which was a lie. We did not know that he was paving way for a complete animal to become president for tribalistic reasons.
. Retarded abi?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by adefizzy(m): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
moderatorr:
His opinion appears good but biased. The example he gave was to merge nearby states with Kano.

When u give examples, u have to state what u know best. He used Kano as a case study cos he has more knowledge abt Kano.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Sunky200: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
dragon2:

This statement is not correct. California land size. 163,696 mi² Nigeria land size. 356,669 mi² However we DO need restucturing because we ARE a LARGE country.
thanks for the info
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Scholarforever: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
moderatorr:

No. If he had used another state as a case study many people would read another meaning to his analysis. By the way the man is only stating d obvious. We need a total overhaul in our political structure. The report of GEJ confab comes to mind here. To shy away from this reality is to live in self denial expecting God to come and fix d economy we destroyed with our ineptitude.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by blackprowler: 4:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
fippycbk:
This is the best opinion I've heard from a politician in recent times...

Sadly for Nigeria, it was part of my arguments in an article I wrote, took to the Guardian and was never acknowledged 18 YEARS AGO. There's nothing new under the sun; Nigeria is a joke!
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by hollywater: 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Aawizdom:
u too dey concern for some1 tradition. Just hv respect for it n be on ur own.
Wicked tradition that allows you to kidnapped someone's daughter raped and impregnate her you mean?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by KissCODE(m): 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
donestk:
Reduce ur child brides
bros forget child bride. It is not a Nigerian thing. It is Islamic affair.
Emir Sanusi made more sense than anybody in Nigeria in recent times. He said it JUST as it should be.

Oh Emir live forever, i respect you so much for this. I wish someone in government will take these your words of wisdom serious...

God keep u longer for this.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by fairheven: 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dollyak:

This is a common sense really. Nigeria has no business creating 36 states they have now. Texas and california alone combined together, is almost as big as Nigeria.

Is it in landmark or in population?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by nagoma(m): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
simplemach:
restructuring Nigeria has to start from kicking the Dullard out.

And reinstating the clueless - I suppose?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by fairheven: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hi
moderatorr:

He wasn't necessarily calling for merger of kano and jigawa, rather he is calling for streamlined administration. For example why should we have senators (three each) representing each state and maintain house of Representatives members represent the same state?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Fury007: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
simplemach:
restructuring Nigeria has to start from kicking the Dullard out.

left to your candidate (obviously GEJ), Sanusi that you concur with on this restructuring subject would have been locked up by now.

you no get matter for head.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Chukazu: 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lionsclaw:
I agree that we need a restructure of the political pattern in Nigeria. But I disagree with this man that we dont need all those offices. What I think we rather need in addition is to drastically reduce the cost of governance.

For instance I want to assume all our senators are rich business men who could afford the cost of their campaign, that is, they have brilliant minds to have succeeded in their respective business. So why not have a situation where they offer their brilliance for free as members of NASS.

If our president, senators, honorables, govs etc offer free services we will save alot for people oriented projects plus the fact that only those with passion to truely serve will find themselves there.

Having 300 senators means 300 minds to vet bills before laws are made and with such you cant go wrong. But assuming we reduce to 10 senators they will be drained out before they are able to cater for 180million people.

Bottomline reduce cost not the number of hands on deck

you can't reduce the cost without reducing the number of hands.

it's virtually impossible to ask our politicians to offer services for free.
how do you expect a governor who buys nomination form for 10million to serve for free?

how do expect a senator who got loan from Bank to do campaign, to serve for free?
let's even start with part-time legislature,they haven't agreed to it let's alone serving for free.

ask them to serve for free, the National Assembly would be deserted, that shows they are there for their personal gain, not anybody's interest

our politics is too tempting for any politician to render service for free... the day it happens, would be the end of, political assassination and ritual killings in attempt to capture power.

the truth.. we don't need 100 senators venting on a bill, lesser senators can do than, there are countries with lesser number of senators that are doing far better than Nigeria.. we don't need house of Representatives chamber, in addition senators, either of the chamber can do the job.

infact we don't need a legislature, Senegal just proved that by abolished their national assembly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Kennydoc(m): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dollyak:

So Nigeria should have 2 or 3 states?
Did you also consider the population of Nigeria which is more than half of America's?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by sweetgala(m): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
donestk:
Reduce ur child brides

You and your 54 idiotic friends need to be brought to bar beach and put to the firing squad

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Nicur: 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
the same Sanusi wanted to introduce five thousand naira note lol how come some people seems to reason well outside office but when they get in they start reasoning like fools just look at APC
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by sweetgala(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
emiwanlee:
This guy started the hatred for jonathsn by saying there was money missing which was a lie. We did not know that he was paving way for a complete animal to become president for tribalistic reasons.

There was money missing KPMG have confirmed that fact, the dispute now is how much is missing, while he said 20 billion, the amount stands at 12 billion confirmed
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by sweetgala(m): 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
hollywater:
In as much as i agreed with you sir,reduce child bride from your throne first. And please don't steal the common sense campaign of Our able senator BMB.
Be creative and get your own initial thanks in advance.

Child bride! Where did you hear that Sanusi has married a child bride. Jeez people
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Tex42(m): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
Sure sanusi is speaking to his brother(Buhari) and his people(Arewa) cos they desperately need education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Robert Ajayi Rescues Accident Victim In Ondo State. / Motion On El-zakzaky’s Release Divides Reps / LAGFERRY Begins Operations Along Ajah-Lekki Axis To End Traffic Congestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.