Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,076 members, 7,953,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured (21406 Views)

Anambra Election Will Hold If Nigeria Is Restructured Before October 1 - Kanu / Why Nigeria Cannot Be Restructured – IPOB / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by alphamodel1(m): 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Sanusi is a hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by anonimi: 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
ogododo:
Mr. Sanusi, who was speaking at the inaugural lecture and launching of a N250 million endowment fund for the Oba Sikiru Adetona Professorial Chair in Governance, Department of Political Science, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State,

BTW, this is a good initiative, worthy of emulation by the Awujale.
I hope he will go further to endow ARCHAEOLOGICAL study of the Ijebus.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by anonimi: 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
alphamodel1:
Sanusi is a hypocrite!

Why do you say that?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Adminisher: 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
emiwanlee:
This guy started the hatred for jonathsn by saying there was money missing which was a lie. We did not know that he was paving way for a complete animal to become president for tribalistic reasons.

You guys shoukd stop insulting Jonathan more than he deserves. Sanusi started the hatred for Jonathan . Why must you all continue to make the man appear clueless after leavibg office .
The misding money was not a lie butbwhy was ot so effective if Jona hinsrlf was not such a &#%@
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by oluwazino(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
Abeg let me know when you put on ur gen.... I want to charge

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Seunpaul01(m): 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
That is a better idea. Nigeria really need to be restructed. But the most thing is to pray for a sensitive leader that will not see politic as a job or an opportunity to enrich himself and his family. A leader that ll see a political post as a public place of a short time where he needs to work hard to meet the demands of the citizens and make them happy thereby making good name for himself.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well....the man essentially said that the Government at all levels is bloated, and that some states are just for free cash....so we have to restructure by reducing the bloat to reduce costs.

If you think that is useless talk....then you really do not want good governance.

I will repeat it over and over again. useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks.......useless talks.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by dragon2(m): 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
Sunky200:

california is as big as the whole of west africa

back to the topic, the emir's idea is within reason but not visible

there will be everest objections from all regions and all holders of those public offices

This statement is not correct.
California land size. 163,696 mi²
Nigeria land size. 356,669 mi²
However we DO need restucturing because we ARE a LARGE country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stelvin101:

I will repeat it over and over again. useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks, useless talks.......useless talks.

Don't complain then, when your government is messy.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by duos: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
True FEDERALISM is and will always be the best option. He's just dancing around the common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Zelex9(m): 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
A long time coming.....Nigeria's government structure is far too costly. Imagine what could be saved if for example we adopted the British parliamentary model (which was done previously), where the legislative and executive are one, with just one National house of assembly. No state house of assembly or governors as power is delegated to local council authorities (that enables the tailoring of policies according to each communities needs). I do however understand the reasoning behind the current structure (due to the heterogeneous nature of Nigeria) and indeed there have been some positives e.g. Lagos but in my opinion, the current structure has overall failed miserably and Nigeria would benefit with some kind of restructuring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by moshoodn(m): 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dollyak:

This is a common sense really. Nigeria has no business creating 36 states they have now. Texas and california alone combined together, is almost as big as Nigeria.

Alaska alone is bigger than Nigeria...
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by elopee3000(m): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
bjdon:
Of course he's making sense but will anybody listen? I've been saying it for a long time, until there is a complete and total restructure of Nigeria, we will never ever move forward
restructure Nigeria I what way ?with kano state claiming to ve more population than Lagos sanusi may amadioha fire u with thunder what do u ve to say about ese eruru
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by ooshinibos: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Common sense is not common in Nigeria , ´they like it complicated and hard ..

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by obailala(m): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
emiwanlee:
This guy started the hatred for jonathsn by saying there was money missing which was a lie. We did not know that he was paving way for a complete animal to become president for tribalistic reasons.
Bleedy Jonathanian wailer.... Audit of NNPC is still ongoing. The first partial (scam) audit which was done under Jonathan confirmed that about $1.4billion wasn't remitted by NNPC. The audit report also confirmed that the auditors couldn't account for up to $18bn because they were barred from CBN and NPDC books. So even a kid knows that SLS wasn't lying about accounting irregularities.

Furthermore, the alarm raised by SLS wasn't meant to implicate Jonathan but rather to draw his attention to irregularities. It was purely the cluelessness and paranoia of GEJ and his Jonathanian army that made it eventually look like it was an attack on Jonathan. When a leader is told that there are some financial irregularities in one of the government agencies, a sensible/smart leader simply calls for an investigation to douse public tension; in the Nigerian case, we all know these kind of investigations never end until the public forgets. But in the case of Jonathan, his first response was to scream "no money is missing," thereby making it look like he was being accused of pocketing the money. The cluelessness of his response and his continuous defensive stance on the matter (instead of an investigative stance) is what implicated him, not SLS.

6 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by fippycbk(m): 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
This is the best opinion I've heard from a politician in recent times...
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by frankkydee(m): 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Any type of restructuring that would not include State police, fiscal federalism, regional economic independence/autonomy and return to full secular constitution is nothing but regular hypocrisy of Northern Oligarchy.
We want genuine restructure. Not the ungrateful parasitism.

can someone give this a guy a bottle of chilled beer and suya for his nice comment
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by sukkot: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
simplemach:
restructuring Nigeria has to start from kicking the Dullard out.
and bringing back GEJ ? just negodu

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Myself2(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
[size=14pt]Looking at Sanusi in royal garb makes me wanna puke yaawwk[/size]
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by sage2(m): 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
The man talked about restructuring without a mention of true federalism? It appears nobody is even ready to face the real problem - people, like Sanusi and co prefers to dance around it.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by DIKEnaWAR: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
Coming from a man who made his money from the 'waste' in government. His progenitors created this bogus and large unsustainable system that we have today, to keep other regions in check and control political power.

He should call for total fiscal federalism if he is serious about restructuring the country.

BTW, I heard that Raufu, the debtor-in-chief of Nigeria has/is about to create 31 new councils.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by winterfell007(m): 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
that proposition that Sanusi holds was thoroughly discussed during the last National Conference, but that has been tossed aside by the assumed 'almighty Buhari' who believes he alone can deliver Nigeria to promised land. I keep saying that the biggest problem of Nigeria is not corruption but the structure on which it operates, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you the structure is entirely flawed. we need to revert back to a system that once worked for us. the key to restructuring Nigeria lies in the recommendation that was proposed in National Conference. my humble contribution

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by SycophanticGoat: 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
AgbenuAnna:
Nl and lengthy post
summary pls

Omo, babe.. You small oh.. shocked

The smaller the better in bed tho.. cheesy grin
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by OneManLegion(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
AgbenuAnna:
Nl and lengthy post
summary pls

Can't you _fucking read? Must everything be oversimplified for you? Why the _fuck do you then have a brain? Wait a second, do you even have a brain?

And who's the slave that's supposed to summarise it for you? Go to romance or sexuality section...that's where people of your mental strength are.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
pedofile
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Kingspin(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
National conference report Una especially you abo.kis no agree, which restructuring is he talking about lazy ants of federal republic of Almajiris.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by porka: 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
It seems Emir Sanusi is just getting to face the hard reality.

Did they not say that Nigeria's problem is bad governance and corruption?

Are they tired so soon?

Is good governance not possible again?

After installing a magician "messiah", why is good governance not so important again all of a sudden?

Emir, that can't be true.

Nigeria is 'rich', very, very rich.

The 'looters' are the problem.

Buhari will 'fix' everything, please don't distract him.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by porka: 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
Kingspin:
National conference report Una especially you abo.kis no agree, which restructuring is he talking about lazy ants of federal republic of Almajiris.

Don't mind them.

After taking office, they just discovered they need restructuring.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by porka: 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
winterfell007:
that proposition that Sanusi holds was thoroughly discussed during the last National Conference, but that has been tossed aside by the assumed 'almighty Buhari' who believes he alone can deliver Nigeria to promised land. I keep saying that the biggest problem of Nigeria is not corruption but the structure on which it operates, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you the structure is entirely flawed. we need to revert back to a system that once worked for us. the key to restructuring Nigeria lies in the recommendation that was proposed in National Conference. my humble contribution

Don't mind them.

Sanusi doesn't know what he is saying.

We should all wait for the magic.

They are now saying the magic will take more than 3 years.

We are waiting.
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by Adelaide2: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
Sunky200:

california is as big as the whole of west africa

This type of ignorant beer parlor rhetoric is quite pitiful. West Africa is more than 5 million square Km while California is less than 500K square Km.

Have you ever even seen the map of Cali, let alone been there?

@topic, Nigeria needs regionalism- 6 regions- and resource control. Then each zone contributes a fair portion of their resource profit to the center. One President and 5 VPs on rotational basis. Just one parliament, rather than 2. No fed ministers. Perm Secs will man ministries in a thoroughly pruned down fed govt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured by bamite(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
AgbenuAnna:
friend can u still summarize for me
He's saying the truth though. I wonder what you girls come to look for in political threads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest 3 Political Thugs With Guns In Kogi (Photos) / Presidency: I am Not Eyeing Tinubu’s Job in 2027 – Ganduje / How Are People Coping- Things Are So Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.