Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,586 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? (9091 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Is This Common Amongst Nigerian Married Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Borat1: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2009
I'm just wondering. They crave for it, and when you put it on their finger they suddenly dispose of it. Like its too heavy or something. I see white women wearing their rings till they're 90. I think the ring sacred and its a symbol. Pls put it on already
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by benincitys(f): 4:24am On Jul 19, 2009
i can go out without my wedding ring.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by ifyalways(f): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2009
All might not be "discarding" per say,cos i know some men that hate jewelleries with a passion.Other reasons might be he wants to Flirt/Cheat.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Thor(m): 11:12am On Jul 19, 2009
Because as soon as they are married most stop looking after themselves and become fat and ugly and their fingers swell up and their rings cut into them, so they take them off  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by ifyalways(f): 11:15am On Jul 19, 2009
^^rofl cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Romeo4real(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2009
Because the marriage was a sham in the first place. A married woman advertises her "status" with her ring. It says "im taken". If the marriage was a sham, you will be looking to get it off as soon as possible, so as not to stop any interested party from toasting you. Very few Naija marriages are based on a foundation of love and friendship.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Ejadamen(f): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2009
Thor:

Because as soon as they are married most stop looking after themselves and become fat and ugly and their fingers swell up and their rings cut into them, so they take them off  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
True in some cases. Other reasons are: it itches, they are not used to it yet, will think of more
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by lannre(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2009
ifyalways:

All might not be "discarding" per say,cos i know some men that hate jewelleries with a passion.Other reasons might be he wants to Flirt/Cheat.

SO RING STOP ALL THAT ? NIGERIAN LADIES CARE LESS ABOUT RING, EVEN IF ITS DRUM SIZE ALL THEY WANT IS COMPANION , YOU KNOW THE RATIO NOW  !
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by oyinda3(f): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2009
because it is not very comfortable to grind pepper, wash clothes, cook food and clean house with bands on ur finger.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Ben13: 10:01am On Jul 20, 2009
exactly!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2009
another assumption, cos most of the Nigerian woman that i know are so much attached to their wedding ring.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Ejadamen(f): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2009
Fhemmmy:

another assumption, cos most of the Nigerian woman that i know are so much attached to their wedding ring.
Same here. Was wondering where the poster got his info from.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2009
Ejadamen:

Same here. Was wondering where the poster got his info from.

I guess it is the clique of friends the poster has
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by nezerst(f): 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
Probably cos its neither Gold nor diamond.
Put a diamond on my finger n I PROMISE I'll neva take it off.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by FBS: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2009
Romeo4real:

Because the marriage was a sham in the first place. A married woman advertises her "status" with her ring. It says "im taken". If the marriage was a sham, you will be looking to get it off as soon as possible, so as not to stop any interested party from toasting you. Very few Naija marriages are based on a foundation of love and friendship.
ifyalways:

These are norin but assumptions. Period.  cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by 2tait: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2009
So many reasons may account for why married women discard their wedding rings early.

I will rather go for the reason that they seek attention. Most of the time, they think that wearing the  wedding rings reduces the number of men who will toast or flirt with them.

At times this tendency is suggestive of unfaithfulness.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by v3: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
nezerst:

Sharrrap!! angry Ur type make me puke! Na diamond dey do you, which 1 u don buy for ur bf/hubby??Ole

Some peeps posted various reasons on here, some good&some funny. . .But i feel why they take it off as soon as they're married is

1- She'd love to be flirted wif by various guys (juz in case they hubby aint it
2- Prolly heavy fingerz. . .maybe it outgrew the ring
3- She wants to feel single AGAIN!

There's more. . .dunno undecided these r juz my thots on the issue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Nezan(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
oyinda.:

because it is not very comfortable to grind pepper, wash clothes, cook food and clean house with bands on ur finger.
grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by dfanthom(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
most ring wearing married women do use their rings! & besides, early is a relative term!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by bennics: 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2009
some times i tend to wonder if women are controlled by some kind of force which we dont see cos why else will they pull the rings they nag their hubby to put on their fingers just to take it off the very next minute if not because they want to something outrageous. No wonder the bible says woe unto women and another says that they are a neccessary evil. We just cant do without them.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2009
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by schendy(f): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2009
Uhm, do they?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by v3: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
schendy:

Sorry to post off topic,
am kinda new on nairaland.
Pls can anyone tell me how to start a thread?
I will realy appreciate it if someone can.

simply click on "new topic". . .the rest is self-explanatory

Welcome to NL
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
nezerst:

It is not supposed to be the material, but what is signifies
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by schendy(f): 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ v3nom4eva  
Thanks , i think ave got it now.
u r d first to welcome me 2 nairaland.
tnx again.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by v3: 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
k
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by lastpage: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2009
Well, lets move forward then, ?
If its the men that feel the pinch in buying the Rings and the "beneficiary" would as much as yank it off in a jiffy afterwards,

Common sense dictates that men should stop troubling trouble to acquire those expensive Rings!
grin

We dont Buy,
They dont Throwaway!!
We dont get annoyed.

, We both live together, happily thereafter!!! wink wink

Lastpage.

BTW: Who says its only the Wifey that cooks, wash plates, do Laundry or take care of the kids?
I do all those because l enjoy doing them for my family, and l also do every work that requires "Muscles" within the household,
, like changing Tyre when a flat occurs, bringing heavy boxes down from storage and a host of other "back-breaking" household chores! grin
and l still have my Ring-on! tongue
Just hope l am not "over-used" and run-down completely, before l am sixty, under the pretext of "weaker sex"
Men are actually the "weaker sex" but we got fooled too often!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by mrperfect(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
Personally, I don't delight in wearing any of such things.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by stmark2: 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
Nigerian married women see thier wedding ring as a symbol of wedlock only.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by MrCrackles(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2009
benincitys:

i can go out without my wedding ring.

Are you married?
Do you have a wedding ring?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by matiltomd(f): 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
i still don't know how u conducted your research,but i don't concur, cos most,and i mean most Nigerian married women love to "show off" their wedding bands big time, so uncle,who tell u say them dey discard am?

nezerst:

lol, i agree!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? by hotstuff06(f): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2009
I don't know about others oh, but i don't go anywhere without my wedding ring. Once i take a shower in the morning, it goes on my finger and does not come off until bedtime. Being married for 5 years now same routine. The only time I don't wear it is if i am doing something that could cause the ring to snag against something else, I learnt my lesson last year when i lost my diamond, but thank God insurance covered it.
Most of my friends and women i know are attached to their ring so this is kinda out of the blue to say Nigerian women discard thier rings too early.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gay Nigerian, Chika Nwafor Visits Nigeria With German Husband / 4 Huge Mistakes I Made As A Wife / Children's Day 2019: What Is One Of Your Favorite Childhood Memories?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.