Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco (29557 Views)

APC On Self-destruction...as Fresh Power Blocs Emerges / Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco / Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Idrismusty97(m): 2:43am On Mar 12, 2016
Seems IPOB miscreants are forgetting that Morocco is in fact a Muslim country. Makes me wonder who the hypocrite is.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by acho0001: 4:10am On Mar 12, 2016
What u don,t knw Mr ruler of d Zoo called Nigeria, is that whether u like or u knw like, BIAFRA SHALL COME. cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by acho0001: 4:18am On Mar 12, 2016
Free me now
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by ycat: 4:37am On Mar 12, 2016
I don't.know why anyone would blame Buhari for this. He has no power to hand them the secession, he can only support them as his muslim brothers.

This is a partially recognized state and would still be subject to UN and AU resolutions like Buhari said.

Now compare this with the hate movement of Biafra which is just a bunch of noise makers with nothing to show that they are indeed serious about their agitation. We have even given them several suggestions, but none is being put to use.
Or maybe they can learn a few things from southern Morocco.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Hmmm......

The Western Sahara issue is not like the Biafra issue for these reasons

1.Western Sahara was a colony of Spain (was called Spanish Morocco)....while Morocco proper was a colony of France.

2. Morocco got independence from France in the 1960's. Western Sahara did not get independence till 1975.

3.When Spain quit Western Sahara.....Morocco and Mauritania marched in and split the country between themselves.

4.Eventually, Mauritania left its half of Western Sahara....which was taken over by Morocco eventually.

5.The OAU (Now AU) Strongly censured Morocco for its activity....and as a result....Morocco pulled out of the then OAU in 1975. Since then, they have stayed out.

6.Since the 1970's,Nigeria has always backed the Western Sahara.....in line with OAU/AU mandates. So..Buhari is just continuing an old policy...which is backed by all other African states.

Sorry,but this ain't Biafra in the desert....

Modified at 10pm:

To all those responding with abuse to my post....my making this my comment does not in anyway stop you from fighting or agitating for Biafra.It is a democracy.....you are free to do that, and I am free to oppose you.

At the same time,let us do it with decorum in speech. Calling someone names because he or she say something that challenges your beliefs does nothing to convince people of the rightness of your beliefs.I did not insult anyone in making my comment, nor did I stop anyone from fighting for Biafra by my comment. So...why the insults.? Is this the language you use in public?

If we can all speak with civility and with tolerance for each other...our Nairaland would be a better place.

Thank you and it is goodnight from me

Well Researched, I have always believed the approach to the Biafran agitation would have to change for meaningful progress to be made.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by omaguibu(m): 6:30am On Mar 12, 2016
Well, objectively Buhari is the president of Nigeria, he would not have done better than protect the continuous togetherness of Nigeria which he swore to. It will not only be strange but a constitutional breach if he does otherwise.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 12, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Can you imagine?
In one side of his mouth, he said he can't tolerate Biafra, while he's using the other corner to campaign for independence of Palestine and western Sahara.
Hypocrite.

That's the despicable level of hypocrisy PMB shows.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 12, 2016
You just proved me right. Lol. Flipping your words: To some and many people, those who believe Buhari isn't a step in the right direction for Nigeria (including you) needs their heads checked. Yeah, the Daura ex-cattle rearer-turned president falters amidst his strong efforts to ameliorate Nigeria's condition. You can argue all you want, but the facts stays facts. Just as not putting Messi in your Top 20 just cos he has lost too many penalties makes them look dumb.

SirShymexx:

Those who believe Messi can't be named top 20 football players ever need their heads checked. BooHarry is no Messi - he's more of a Titus Bramble. A careless tackler with very low football IQ who depends more on his physical attributes and no nonsense nature. And who wants to be a fan of Titus Bramble? grin
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Saladin25(m): 7:07am On Mar 12, 2016
SirShymexx:

I can't believe the re.tard, GEJ, was more diplomatic in his approach than BooHarry. Now this is absolutely shocking.

Some things are right in context, but when it comes to diplomacy, there are certain ways you have to go about it not to cause a row and start something that might end up biting you in the arse.

Obama made a similar gaffe today when he was asked about how Libya turned out. Rather than embrace diplomacy to protect the "special friendship" between the US and UK, he decided to label David Cameron and the UK "free rider". If you followed the Libyan crisis, you'd know that Obama wanted no part of Libya - Hilary Clinton, David Cameron, and Nicolas Sarkozy were the ones who arm-twisted him into getting involved and overthrowing Gaddaffi. In hindsight, I believe he regrets that decision now. However, going out in public to label a next leader "a free rider" isn't the diplomatic way to go about it. And now there's a backlash, with all kinds of inconsequential MPs in the UK and France talking smack to him about the worst leader in recent history. The white house is also trying to clean up the mess he created.

Leaders need to think before they open their mouths.

Haha... you are mincing words together. What has Obama and rogue friends that invaded Libya got to do with this. The same foolish Obama you are supporting was the one saying Gaddafi must go, he is a tyrant now saying he was misinformed about Libya. I thought he is an intelligent lawyer never knew he was a dullard Lik Bush Jnr. That is by the way.

Now back to our discussion, Nigeria had been in support of Western Sahara since the 70's. A territory was shared between to nations (Morocco and Mauritania). The former uses aggression took over the latter's territory. A liberation party sprang up that they don't want to join Morocco. Seek some help from other nations and they got it. Nigeria has been supporting SADR since the 70's. If you are in support of someone you say it out not by keeping in silence. That is international politics for you. We won't change our position on this issue. Thumbs up to PMB Bleep IPOB people condemning this move.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by liongirl: 7:27am On Mar 12, 2016
nickxtra:
Good one from him. Western Sahara must be free.
likewise eastern Nigerian has to be an independent nation as well

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Awaja(m): 7:28am On Mar 12, 2016
Stop abusing our honourable Presido, maybe someday, he'll declare support for a free BIAFRA,ODUDUWA nation, and BH caliphate in the north and by then, NIGERIA will be long gone
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SirShymexx: 7:35am On Mar 12, 2016
Snipes009:
You just proved me right. Lol. Flipping your words: To some and many people, those who believe Buhari isn't a step in the right direction for Nigeria (including you) needs their heads checked. Yeah, the Daura ex-cattle rearer-turned president falters amidst his strong efforts to ameliorate Nigeria's condition. You can argue all you want, but the facts stays facts. Just as not putting Messi in your Top 20 just cos he has lost too many penalties makes them look dumb.

Stop it. BooHarry is no Messi. Messi is greatness personified even on his off day. But he's not a robot and missing penalties shows he is human. And I reiterate: whoever thinks Messi isn't top 5 ever needs his brain checked.

BooHarry on the other hand is like Titus Bramble. Decent at times but was below average throughout his career due to low football IQ, reckless tackles, and calamitous defending from time to time. Classic BooHarry for you and how he hasn't achieved anything of note since he assumed office. So BooHarry fans need their brain checked cos most of them are either stark illiterates who don't understand governance or paid hacks.

BTW, if you don't like the Titus Bramble comparison - you can always pick David James the Calamity James as a replacement. But the Messi comparison is way off - BooHarry is no Messi.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SirShymexx: 7:48am On Mar 12, 2016
Saladin25:

Haha... you are mincing words together. What has Obama and rogue friends that invaded Libya got to do with this. The same foolish Obama you are supporting was the one saying Gaddafi must go, he is a tyrant now saying he was misinformed about Libya. I thought he is an intelligent lawyer never knew he was a dullard Lik Bush Jnr. That is by the way.

Now back to our discussion, Nigeria had been in support of Western Sahara since the 70's. A territory was shared between to nations (Morocco and Mauritania). The former uses aggression took over the latter's territory. A liberation party sprang up that they don't want to join Morocco. Seek some help from other nations and they got it. Nigeria has been supporting SADR since the 70's. If you are in support of someone you say it out not by keeping in silence. That is international politics for you. We won't change our position on this issue. Thumbs up to PMB Bleep IPOB people condemning this move.

Sometimes, it is always nice to read the context in which an example is made. I cited the Obama diplomatic gaffe cos what he said is right, but he went about it the wrong way, thus causing an unnecessary diplomatic row. Not comparing stories.

Is continuing a stance naij and the AU has maintained for a long time right? - absolutely yes. But is BooHarry right in coming out openly to support it right based on diplomacy and bilateral relationship between naij and Morocco, especially when he is also dealing with something similar albeit to a lesser degree on Homefront? - no.

The scenario being played out here is similar to the Kurds vs Turkey. Most Western countries support the Kurds covertly and they also have a good relationship with Turkey, hence Turkey is a member of NATO. However, they will never openly support the Kurds' right to independence and self-governance cos it will cause a massive row with Turkey.

I hope the clearer example helps since you have a problem reading in context.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by banme1(m): 7:48am On Mar 12, 2016
usmyak:
Ipob, IPad or I paid whatever you call yourself, it would gladen my heart to see that you people go . So that there will be no kidnapping, arm robbery,blood money, baby factory, fake capsule, and should I say no more buying fufu as a phone by innocent citizen. And lastly no piracy of others handwork.
hunger will just kill u

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Stop rambling on the same thing brother. Go check my comments, never compared Buhari to Messi. Just an analogy for the sane heads. Funny how you've turned this into a Supersport half-time pundits session lol. Let me make it clearer to you then. All I'm saying is: your opinion about Buhari's performance is wack, if we place it on "all-facts" pedestal. As you can compare Buhari to Bramble and James, now mention who in this demo'crazy' of ours is your Messi. If Messi is not in your team, you gotta use Bramble. No choice. Got it now? Or you still gonna Gary Neville yourself? Too much talk, with little to prove....lol

SirShymexx:

Stop it. BooHarry is no Messi. Messi is greatness personified even on his off day. But he's not a robot and missing penalties shows he is human. And I reiterate: whoever thinks Messi isn't top 5 ever needs his brain checked.

BooHarry on the other hand is like Titus Bramble. Decent at times but was below average throughout his career due to low football IQ, reckless tackles, and calamitous defending from time to time. Classic BooHarry for you and how he hasn't achieved anything of note since he assumed office. So BooHarry fans need their brain checked cos most of them are either stark illiterates who don't understand governance or paid hacks.

BTW, if you don't like the Titus Bramble comparison - you can always pick David James the Calamity James as a replacement. But the Messi comparison is way off - BooHarry is no Messi.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SirShymexx: 8:04am On Mar 12, 2016
Snipes009:
Stop rambling on the same thing brother. Go check my comments, never compared Buhari to Messi. Just an analogy for the sane heads. Funny how you've turned this into a Supersport half-time pundits session lol. Let me make it clearer to you then. All I'm saying is: your opinion about Buhari's performance is wack, if we place it on "all-facts" pedestal. As you can compare Buhari to Bramble and James, now mention who in this demo'crazy' of ours is your Messi. If Messi is not in your team, you gotta use Bramble. No choice. Got it now? Or you still gonna Gary Neville yourself? Too much talk, with little to prove....lol

You are the one rambling like a broken record.

Before you do a comparative analysis with someone who is greatness personified in an analogy, the person has to be great as well. Didn't they teach you the basics of comparative analysis in whatever school you attended? What does Buhari have in common with Messi?

There is no Messi in naij politics. Naij is like Aston Villa, so why would any sane person person be looking for a Messi in something as dysfunctional as that? Go find something mediocre to compare Buhari with and leave Messi out of it. Nothing in common, mate.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Missy89(f): 8:09am On Mar 12, 2016
SirShymexx:

Before you do a comparative analysis with someone who is greatness personified in an analogy, the person has to be great as well. Didn't they teach you the basics of comparative analysis in whatever school you attended? What does Buhari have in common with Messi?

There is no Messi in naij politics. Naij is like Aston Villa, so why would any sane person person be looking for a Messi in something as dysfunctional as that? Go find something mediocre to compare Buhari with and leave Messi out of it. Nothing in common, mate.

more like Warri Wolves grin
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by 989900: 8:17am On Mar 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Hmmm......

The Western Sahara issue is not like the Biafra issue for these reasons

1.Western Sahara was a colony of Spain (was called Spanish Morocco)....while Morocco proper was a colony of France.

2. Morocco got independence from France in the 1960's. Western Sahara did not get independence till 1975.

3.When Spain quit Western Sahara.....Morocco and Mauritania marched in and split the country between themselves.

4.Eventually, Mauritania left its half of Western Sahara....which was taken over by Morocco eventually.

5.The OAU (Now AU) Strongly censured Morocco for its activity....and as a result....Morocco pulled out of the then OAU in 1975. Since then, they have stayed out.

6.Since the 1970's,Nigeria has always backed the Western Sahara.....in line with OAU/AU mandates. So..Buhari is just continuing an old policy...which is backed by all other African states.

Sorry,but this ain't Biafra in the desert....

Modified at 10pm:

To all those responding with abuse to my post....my making this my comment does not in anyway stop you from fighting or agitating for Biafra.It is a democracy.....you are free to do that, and I am free to oppose you.

At the same time,let us do it with decorum in speech. Calling someone names because he or she say something that challenges your beliefs does nothing to convince people of the rightness of your beliefs.I did not insult anyone in making my comment, nor did I stop anyone from fighting for Biafra by my comment. So...why the insults.? Is this the language you use in public?

If we can all speak with civility and with tolerance for each other...our Nairaland would be a better place.

Thank you and it is goodnight from me

Thanks for sharing this knowledge.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 12, 2016
You really can't read to comprehend. Go check my 1st comment. I never compared him to Messi. You just displaying your ignorance on and on and on. Don't let the unnecessary hate of this man becloud your sense of reasoning, pal.

SirShymexx:

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SirShymexx: 8:23am On Mar 12, 2016
Missy89:

more like Warri Wolves grin

Looool. And the guy is looking for Messi. Blasphemy. I don't why folks call the names of legends in vain - that is something sacrilegious to do. These funny alternate handles and always trying to protect the cow jockey. A reflection of the useless leaders.

You can throw 76ers in there and ya Washington Redskins Deadskins. Dysfunctional and dilapidated. grin
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SirShymexx: 8:27am On Mar 12, 2016
Snipes009:
You really can't read to comprehend. Go check my 1st comment. I never compared him to Messi. You just displaying your ignorance on and on and on. Don't let the unnecessary hate of this man becloud your sense of reasoning, pal.

Stop it, you compared him to Messi. Next time don't call Messi's name in vain. It is blasphemy.

I don't hate the man and I actually did a better job on here than the APC rats convincing folks to vote for him cos he's a better option than GEJ, though I have never been his fan and didn't hide it. However, public officers are not above critique and since he has been an utter failure this far, I shall continue to call him out.

I don't worship personalities - I look at the body of work.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by keally: 8:36am On Mar 12, 2016
Ohammadike:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/buhari-backs-western-sahara-on-self-determination-from-morocco/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
. If Buhari is FREELY endorsing others for independence why then are world leaders still hesitating to endorse Biafra. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Biafra loading anyway.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Zhul001(m): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2016
dtruth3:
I swear Bubu is a confirmed confused Nincompoop!
I saw that news on AIT and I was like cry cry why did Allah decide to punish this man with deteriorating brain cells?

Imagine the hypocrisy? Supporting others for self determination, while refusing the one happening at your back door?

Now I believe something is wrong with his BRAIN! It's either he is an Idiat, or he is really an Idi.ot
you are do pe, so if you were Nigerian president, you will let biafra go abi? Eran
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by vislabraye(m): 8:47am On Mar 12, 2016
kingbasil:

This happens when you surround yourself with sychophants... he takes up the pose Of Jack of all trades when we all know that he is just a master of cow rearing... its just so unfortunate...

Lol. grin
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Saladin25(m): 9:00am On Mar 12, 2016
SirShymexx:

Sometimes, it is always nice to read the context in which an example is made. I cited the Obama diplomatic gaffe cos what he said is right, but he went about it the wrong way, thus causing an unnecessary diplomatic row. Not comparing stories.

Is continuing a stance naij and the AU has maintained for a long time right? - absolutely yes. But is BooHarry right in coming out openly to support it right based on diplomacy and bilateral relationship between naij and Morocco, especially when he is also dealing with something similar albeit to a lesser degree on Homefront? - no.

The scenario being played out here is similar to the Kurds vs Turkey. Most Western countries support the Kurds covertly and they also have a good relationship with Turkey, hence Turkey is a member of NATO. However, they will never openly support the Kurds' right to independence and self-governance cos it will cause a massive row with Turkey.

I hope the clearer example helps since you have a problem reading in context.

That isn't a diplomacy but hypocrisy. When you are in support of something you say it out, your body language says it all.
Using western nations as an example won't make me support your stance. Western nation are the greatest hypocrites in 20th and 21st century. Buhari is a Muslim man and he won't be a hypocrite like the so called western leaders.
I understand everything you said, that is why I said you still mince words.

haha.... PMB God bless you, a leader who don't bow to pressure just to satisfy some people.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SirShymexx: 9:07am On Mar 12, 2016
Saladin25:

That isn't a diplomacy but hypocrisy. When you are in support of something you say it out, your body language says it all.
Using western nations as an example won't make me support your stance. Western nation are the greatest hypocrites in 20th and 21st century. Buhari is a Muslim man and he won't be a hypocrite like the so called western leaders.
I understand everything you said, that is why I said you still mince words.

haha.... PMB God bless you, a leader who don't bow to pressure just to satisfy some people.

It isn't hypocrisy. International relations isn't about wearing ya emotions on ya sleeves, hence despite how much of a good leader Gaddaffi was, he made too many unnecessary enemies.

Diplomacy is the language of international relations and regardless of ya stance, you always have to protect ya interests and maintain cordial relationships.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 12, 2016
Comprehension is key to communication. I communicated, you still couldn't comprende. I'm not his fan, neither an advocate of his policies. I didn't canvass for votes for him, neither did I vote. But I'm more reasonable and factual in my assessment of him, and every other past presidents. Since you agree he is a better option, then if Nigeria is likened to your proverbial Aston Villa team, I wonder who the MVP is in that team. It's weekend bruh, gotta go catch some fun. Have fun too...

SirShymexx:

Stop it, you compared him to Messi. Next time don't call Messi's name in vain. It is blasphemy.

I don't hate the man and I actually did a better job on here than the APC rats convincing folks to vote for him cos he's a better option than GEJ, though I have never been his fan and didn't hide it. However, public officers are not above critique and since he has been an utter failure this far, I shall continue to call him out.

I don't worship personalities - I look at the body of work.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SirShymexx: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2016
Snipes009:
Comprehension is key to communication. I communicated, you still couldn't comprende. I'm not his fan, neither an advocate of his policies. I didn't canvass for votes for him, neither did I vote. But I'm more reasonable and factual in my assessment of him, and every other past presidents. Since you agree he is a better option, then if Nigeria is likened to your proverbial Aston Villa team, I wonder who the MVP is in that team. It's weekend bruh, gotta go catch some fun. Have fun too...

I think he's a better option than GEJ cos no one can ever be worse than GEJ and giving an utter failure and the worst leader ever to govern a country a second term would be disastrous. However, that doesn't negate the fact that they're both cut from the same cloth, though he's marginally better when it comes to corruption albeit most of the fight against corruption is a ruse.

There's no MVP on a team with a losing record and in the relegation zone. They are all losers.

Have fun too.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Saladin25(m): 9:48am On Mar 12, 2016
SirShymexx:

It isn't hypocrisy. International relations isn't about wearing ya emotions on ya sleeves, hence despite how much of a good leader Gaddaffi was, he made too many unnecessary enemies.

Diplomacy is the language of international relations and regardless of ya stance, you always have to protect ya interests and maintain cordial relationships.

Okay you got a point there. Nice one.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Pearlyfaze: 10:37am On Mar 12, 2016
Sorry to bust your bubble @poster. This is the history please stop misleading gullible Nigerian the you led us into making the greatest mistake ever.

Nigeria–Sahrawi Republic relations refers to the current and historical relations between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR). Nigeria recognized the SADR on 11 November 1984,[1] and formal diplomatic relations were established on the same date. A Sahrawi embassy was opened in Abuja in late 2000, during the Olusegun Obasanjo government.
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by MrEverest(m): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2016
The man is a confused dullard. How can a sane & competent president who is fighting against a region breaking out of the country he is ruling be going about supporting others in different countries I hope Morroco & Isreal will retaliate & give him a dose of his medicine by supporting Biafra!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

9 Things Buhari Promised Nigerians In 2018 / APC, PDP Senators-elect Clash Over Voting Pattern / Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Eligibility Suit Against Tinubu/Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.