Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

2d Animaton Learning Thread - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d Animaton Learning Thread (35026 Views)

Learn 2D Animation in Nigeria With Naijacartoon / Let's Talk About 2D And 3D Archviz / Freelance Architectural visualisation 2D and 3D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
Iyke123:
Chubbyswit, I have toon boom software on my laptop though I don't know how the software works, I also have Adobe Flash professional and use it very well but I don't know which of the software is more better for 2d animation, here is an image of a scene of a comedy demo am working on, I would have finished it but I want to combine 2D and 3D animation in same demo, will publish when am through with the demo
I will suggest you go with toon boom harmony, its the standard for most major studios plus you can import 3D assets into the software and combine 2d and 3d animation just like you asked. maybe I will do a tutorial on that in the future. don't know much about flash but I don't think you can import 3d assets into it. I guess the environment of your scene is 3d?
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Iyke123: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
chubbyswit:
I will suggest you go with toon boom harmony, its the standard for most major studios plus you can import 3D assets into the software and combine 2d and 3d animation just like you asked. maybe I will do a tutorial on that in the future. don't know much about flash but I don't think you can import 3d assets into it. I guess the environment of your scene is 3d?

I would check out toon boom harmony to master the environment, the scene I uploaded is a 2d scene, was done with Adobe flash Pro and Adobe Photoshop, about combining the scene, am working toward creating both a 2d and 3d cartoon and combining them both in a demo ... I hope to learn from your future tutorial on toon boom harmony
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Iyke123:

I would check out toon boom harmony to master the environment, the scene I uploaded is a 2d scene, was done with Adobe flash Pro and Adobe Photoshop, about combining the scene, am working toward creating both a 2d and 3d cartoon and combining them both in a demo ... I hope to learn from your future tutorial on toon boom harmony
. I like your zeal, follow me to be updated, maybe we can team up later

1 Like

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Iyke123: 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
chubbyswit:
. I like your zeal, follow me to be updated, maybe we can team up later

Will follow suit, and I look forward to that
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by frankmoney(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
Upload toon boom so I can download it and start pls
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
frankmoney:
Upload toon boom so I can download it and start pls
i have pasted the link to toon boom animate pro try and see if you can download it from there
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Truman155(m): 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2016
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Iyke123: 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
Truman155:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLCacvw2Bc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
i made this pls i need constructive criticism

My opinion, the stroke size you use for the nose and mouth of both character is too bold, and also I notice the eyes were not blinking, there should be some few blinks especially before a head turn and eye ball changing direction, also the lip sync for the voice wasn't accurate with the spoken words,
Nice and funny concert in general but na our 1st lady be that o

1 Like

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 2:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Truman155:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLCacvw2Bc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
i made this pls i need constructive criticism
your animation is k for a start but you really need to put in more effort to improve. the lip sync is off, the background design is very poor, the characters are animated poorly, but at least there was movement. keep learning to improve yourself and get better. the sky is your starting point.

1 Like

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 2:34am On Nov 23, 2016
sorry guys have been busy with a very hectic project. I might post a sneakpeak of what I'm currently working but will continue with our tutorials once I'm through.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by trendingdeals: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2016
Great Job man.

chk this out from a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDB9ahgnbU
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Truman155(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
thanks allot i appreciate i look forward to getting more feedback from you as i improve i made this in a day thanks
Iyke123:

My opinion, the stroke size you use for the nose and mouth of both character is too bold, and also I notice the eyes were not blinking, there should be some few blinks especially before a head turn and eye ball changing direction, also the lip sync for the voice wasn't accurate with the spoken words,
Nice and funny concert in general but na our 1st lady be that o
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Truman155(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
thanks allot i don't have a graphics tablet so i used mouse for drawing and i did this in a day i look forward to getting more feedback from you and improving thanks
chubbyswit:
your animation is k for a start but you really need to put in more effort to improve. the lip sync is off, the background design is very poor, the characters are animated poorly, but at least there was movement. keep learning to improve yourself and get better. the sky is your starting point.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Truman155:
thanks allot i don't have a graphics tablet so i used mouse for drawing and i did this in a day i look forward to getting more feedback from you and improving thanks
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
wishing everyone a wonderful Merry christmas. hopefully we are going to get more serious with this thread by next year. enjoy the celebrations.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by bitrade: 12:49am On Dec 27, 2016
must i get a tablet before i can learn 2d animation?
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
bitrade:
must i get a tablet before i can learn 2d animation?
it is a must if you want to become a professional. 2d involves a lot of sketching, drawing and painting, and using a mouse will make your work as a 2d animator miserable lol, the importance of a gtab cannot be over emphasized. you can get affordable ones for as low as 25k, which will serve its purpose very effectively.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Truman155(m): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2017
chubbyswit:
it is a must if you want to become a professional. 2d involves a lot of sketching, drawing and painting, and using a mouse will make your work as a 2d animator miserable lol, the importance of a gtab cannot be over emphasized. you can get affordable ones for as low as 25k, which will serve its purpose very effectively.
thanks alot please what graphics tab do you use and can you recommend one for me? I want to stop drawing with mouse the output is poor
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by naijatoonz: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
Truman155:
thanks alot please what graphics tab do you use and can you recommend one for me? I want to stop drawing with mouse the output is poor
The best tablets are made by wacom but these are a bit expensive. If you can afford them they are the best. They use a batteryless pen that is very weightless. You can get yourself a genius or huion tablet. They are available on jumia. You can also get them at computer village if you are at Lagos. I once bought a wireless genius gtab at powa plaza in computer village. But pls don't by huion 420 its the cheapest tablet but its too small for making good drawings it go for about 10k. Huion 610 is much better its about 24k.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by homebase(m): 9:34am On Jan 15, 2017
Hi, i really love this tutorial God bless you.

I have be meaning to learn animation seriously but i am confuse where to start.

Thinking of learning online e.g Lynda tutorials or going to offline schools ( but their fees are beyond what i can afford )

My first question is must i be a good artist to be an animator?

cc: chubbyswit

naijatoonz:

The best tablets are made by wacom but these are a bit expensive. If you can afford them they are the best. They use a batteryless pen that is very weightless. You can get yourself a genius or huion tablet. They are available on jumia. You can also get them at computer village if you are at Lagos. I once bought a wireless genius gtab at powa plaza in computer village. But pls don't by huion 420 its the cheapest tablet but its too small for making good drawings it go for about 10k. Huion 610 is much better its about 24k.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2017
Truman155:
there are lots of gtab brands like wacom, huion, ugee, but wacom is currently the best gtab out there, huion is very good too. I currently use a wacom ctl471 gtab also called bamboo splash. please use Google to research more on graphic tablets. I think you get a good small sized tab for 30k, though I'm not sure because of the exchange rate at the moment. please pardon me for replying very late. I can recommend a wacom or a huion, both are good brands.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2017
homebase:
Hi, i really love this tutorial God bless you.

I have be meaning to learn animation seriously but i am confuse where to start.

Thinking of learning online e.g Lynda tutorials or going to offline schools ( but their fees are beyond what i can afford )

My first question is must i be a good artist to be an animator?

cc: chubbyswit

thanks. to be a good artist is a must for a 2d animator but not a must for a 3d animator although it is an added advantage if a 3d animator have a good knowledge of artistry. yes learning animation is costly especially online, but you can learn on YouTube which is free and also follow this thread . back to your question, a 2d animator can never be good if he/she don't know basic drawing and painting, this is because 2d animation mostly involves traditional method or frame by frame drawing (pls check the first page of this thread to recall the two methods of 2d animation).
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by homebase(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
I see. So anyone who does not have drawing talent can't be a 2D animator, unfortunately i am not born with one.

Since you said 3D does not demand ones to be an artist, do you advise i go for 3D?

Also i want to know if 3D is superior to 2D.

Thanks.

chubbyswit:
thanks. to be a good artist is a must for a 2d animator but not a must for a 3d animator although it is an added advantage if a 3d animator have a good knowledge of artistry. yes learning animation is costly especially online, but you can learn on YouTube which is free and also follow this thread . back to your question, a 2d animator can never be good if he/she don't know basic drawing and painting, this is because 2d animation mostly involves traditional method or frame by frame drawing (pls check the first page of this thread to recall the two methods of 2d animation).
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
homebase:
I see. So anyone who does not have drawing talent can't be a 2D animator, unfortunately i am not born with one.

Since you said 3D does not demand ones to be an artist, do you advise i go for 3D?

Also i want to know if 3D is superior to 2D.

Thanks.

lol drawing is a skill that can be learnt, it mustnt be inborn. I learnt how to draw and paint basic figures using the vast resources youtube has to offer. And learning it is quite easy. I would advice you start with 2d then upgrade to 3d if you want, this is because 3d is more challenging and involves tedious stages (modelling, texturing, and rigging) that you must meet up with before you can create a single full character for animation. But in 2d, u just need to do frame by frame drawing which does not take much time to achieve a particular kind of animation. As for superiority, both are in their own way, and none of them is better than the other depending on the category you want to go for. Some cg studios work with only 2d, some 3d while some others can work with both. It all boils down to preference.

1 Like

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by homebase(m): 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Wow! Thanks for the detail response, i really appreciate it.

I never knew one can learn drawing.

I will storm youtube to learn drawing before i move to learning 2D animation.

Once again thanks.

chubbyswit:
lol drawing is a skill that can be learnt, it mustnt be inborn. I learnt how to draw and paint basic figures using the vast resources youtube has to offer. And learning it is quite easy. I would advice you start with 2d then upgrade to 3d if you want, this is because 3d is more challenging and involves tedious stages (modelling, texturing, and rigging) that you must meet up with before you can create a single full character for animation. But in 2d, u just need to do frame by frame drawing which does not take much time to achieve a particular kind of animation. As for superiority, both are in their own way, and none of them is better than the other depending on the category you want to go for. Some cg studios work with only 2d, some 3d while some others can work with both. It all boils down to preference.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
homebase:
Wow! Thanks for the detail response, i really appreciate it.

I never knew one can learn drawing.

I will storm youtube to learn drawing before i move to learning 2D animation.

Once again thanks.

u're wckm. Remember not to rush while learning, also practise makes perfect. U can post some of your drawings in this thread in the near future for assessments.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:43am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year guys sorry I have not posted for the whole of this year but I will be doing so at least once a week or so. Also I will be opening a WhatsApp group for those who wants an indept and thorough training for graphics design, 2d animation, video and Audio editing. Can't upload video directly here for the preview of the projects we have being learning in previous pages. You can follow my Facebook page chidubem chubbyswit or Instagram to see the animations.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:45am On Jan 01, 2018
Quick illustration.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
Check out my latest work via this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNihh1x1yE
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
Check out screenshots from creation of our 2d project. Remember to check previous pages for the tutorials on how these were created.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2018
One more

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
Another one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Meets Talented Artist In Abuja Market. See What He Did Within 5 Minutes. / This Nigerian Artist’s Artworks Are So Realistic It’s Hard To Believe / Common Mistakes Most Photographers In Nigeria Make All The Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.