Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

2d Animaton Learning Thread - Art, Graphics & Video (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d Animaton Learning Thread (34852 Views)

Learn 2D Animation in Nigeria With Naijacartoon / Let's Talk About 2D And 3D Archviz / Freelance Architectural visualisation 2D and 3D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
You can finally watch the end result of the animation tutorials via the link below.
A short story of a lost purse which was picked by a street boy who returned it and demanded something as a reward. Watch and discover how his kind but greedy gesture ended. set in a typical African local market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7KcIgV70

1 Like

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2018
Don't forget to appreciate by subscribing to my channel and also share the animation to family and friends if you like it.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
We have come to the end of this particular tutorials. Please if you have any personal animation to share, don't hesitate to do so.
I Will continue posting here once in a while.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Cedricayus(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Character model sheets for supermum series (Ep1). Inspired by illustrations that show mum definitely use magic https://brightside.me/inspiration-family-and-kids/11-illustrations-showing-that-moms-definitely-use-magic-452160/ Coloured artwork will be uploaded very soon. Also the animations to this series is in the works. Please like and follow my new Facebook page chubitoons, and also follow me on my Instagram handle chubitoons for updates.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=Cedricayus post=66038615][/quote]nice foreign 3d animation. Low poly count models but came out really nice. Which 3d software was used for the models?
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Happy Easter everyone
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
Supermum series (EP1). Please follow my page www.facebook.com/chubitoons or instagram handle @chubitoons to be updated on the process I will take to achieve the animation of this character. You can also tell me what you observed about the character by commenting.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 7:25am On May 06, 2018
Background development in Photoshop all summed up in a four panel photo.
First panel; line art with the perspective lines,
Second panel; line art only
Third panel; line art with color
Fourth panel; color only.
These are the stages I take when designing my backgrounds. Follow my pages on facebook and instagram @chubitoons to catch up on future updates and also see video clips on my frame by frame process. You can also check out my finished animations on my YouTube channel @chubitoons.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2018
Screenshots of supermum short series. Head over to Instagram @chubitoons to see the video clip of these screenshots.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2018
the girl child character for the super-mum series. follow me on my pages Facebook, Instagram and twitter @chubitoons to find out how i animated the process of masticating the sumptuous meal.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 2:37am On Jul 16, 2018
a short frame by frame animation sketch of a gal child eating. the animation consists of several drawing which was done in six hours. Visit my page on facbook @chubitoons to watch the short animation of this image. Also Follow and dont miss out on the complete animation of the supermum series.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 2:19am On Jul 27, 2018
So I decided I want to post one or two lessons on the workflow i am using for my current project, supermum series. Will be posting these lessons once in a while and remember I will continue to use images and also write the lessons on them instead of typing much here. Also note this project is a 90% frame by frame animation and very few cutout.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 2:23am On Jul 27, 2018
Rendering simple means adding shadows and highlights to a character or object to make them appear realistic. First image represents the project window while second image represents the output of a rendered 2d project from image one
You can easily notice the rendered shadows and highlights from image 2 below.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2018
Lessons on more highlights. Second image is the rendered 2d cartoon.
Follow my pages on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @chubitoons to show support guys.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by Nastydroid(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
nice job, i plan to delve into animation when I replace my laptop. Are you based in Lagos @op
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2018
Nastydroid:
nice job, i plan to delve into animation when I replace my laptop. Are you based in Lagos @op
I'm not in Lagos. send me a WhatsApp message using the number on my profile to add you to my animation group.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2018
I'm going to teach a little bit about textures in 2d today.
They are simply natural designs, patterns applied to a flat color surface. It's actually hard to do in 2d especially if you are required to do it. Have to apply a flat color on a layer below another layer where the main textures should be. Also the texture has to be animated frame by frame which can be tedious.
Remember to follow my social media pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @chubitoons
Finally, do you want to gain an indept knowledge on 2d animation? then contact me on Whatsapp through the number in my signature and I will add you to our WhatsApp animation class group. Note that it's not entirely free.

1 Share

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by jaycool01(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
who have a cracked version of videoMaker Fx or a link to download one
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by mavinjay1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
Im just download the app on your dropbox. Broda..
@chubbyswit
plz add me to ur whatsapp group 08157447855
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
mavinjay1:
Im just download the app on your dropbox. Broda..
@chubbyswit
plz add me to ur whatsapp group 08157447855
alright
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2018
Check out the effect of smoke coming from the frying pan. Compare and contrast with the final output on the second image. The smoke is hand drawn and then the transparent and blur effects added to achieve the output in the second image.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
read the scribbles on the images to understand the network view in toon boom works. remember to check out my YouTube channel on the first page of this thread to see some of my animations. also follow me on Facebook, instagram and twitter @chubitoons for more updates.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by naijatoonz: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2018
chubbyswit:
read the scribbles on the images to understand the network view in toon boom works. remember to check out my YouTube channel on the first page of this thread to see some of my animations. also follow me on Facebook, instagram and twitter @chubitoons for more updates.

Cool animations chubitoons. Please where can I get toonboom Harmony. I have animate pro 2 but I want to upgrade to Harmony . I am really glad the animation industry is growing. Hopefully we will have a fully animated nollywood feature film.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
naijatoonz:

Cool animations chubitoons. Please where can I get toonboom Harmony. I have animate pro 2 but I want to upgrade to Harmony . I am really glad the animation industry is growing. Hopefully we will have a fully animated nollywood feature film.
thanks bro. finding a link to Harmony online is very challenging these days unless you can get the trial through the toon boom website. most torrent sites which used to have these softwares have been shut down and flaged as illegal.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2018
Finally finished the work on the supermom animation series. You can watch it below. Learn how I created this one by reading my previous posts on this thread. Please don't forget to subscribe, share and leave a comment on my YouTube channel if you have benefitted from this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFbd306uDqc
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by nijabazaar: 1:22am On Aug 26, 2018
chubbyswit:
Finally finished the work on the supermom animation series. You can watch it below. Learn how I created this one by reading my previous posts on this thread. Please don't forget to subscribe, share and leave a comment on my YouTube channel if you have benefitted from this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFbd306uDqc

You are excellent.

I am almost this close to green envy.
This piece reminds me of Dexter's Mum when it was the stable on Cartoon network... Way back in the 50s cool

Kudos my man...
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 5:14am On Aug 26, 2018
nijabazaar:

You are excellent.

I am almost this close to green envy.
This piece reminds me of Dexter's Mum when it was the stable on Cartoon network... Way back in the 50s cool

Kudos my man...
thanks bro but I'm still an amateur and learning everyday. We will get to that level someday. by the way, Dexter's lab was one of my fav cartoons growing up. the way Dede knows about Dexter's secret ingenuity and lab. I like the way she causes problems and mischief for Dexter. it's hilarious lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
Will be posting the processes I take for my next project as usual. Remember to watch mom's can make a delicious meal out of nothing video above and drop me a like, comment and subscribe to my channel to show support.
Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2018
Trying to improve on my digital art. Creating characters as art only and for animation are two different things all together. Meanwhile, watch out for my next animation titled... check out my pages on FB and Instagram @chubitoons to see the image processes of this character from start to finish.

Re: 2d Animaton Learning Thread by chubbyswit(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
Double post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amazing Pencil Drawing. WOW / Man Meets Talented Artist In Abuja Market. See What He Did Within 5 Minutes. / The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.