Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,907 members, 7,863,114 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian (10104 Views)

The Meaning Of "YIM" In Nairaland's Profile Page. / Please What Does OP Mean In Nairaland / Banned In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Dreamwaker:

OK fasting is great but 2 months is a lot. I don't think I can fast that long.

I was a Catholic as a kid but changed to a Pentecostal when I got older. Now I don't know where I belong but I know I'm a Christian.

We actually fast eating nothing and not drinking water for 9hrs starting from the morning. By the way, catholic and orthodox religion is very similar, I am thinking of going to a catholic church but remaining as an orthodox. It doesn't matter what christian you are but you have to hold on tight to your religion which u think is right.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:

We actually fast eating nothing and not drinking water for 9hrs starting from the morning. By the way, catholic and orthodox religion is very similar, I am thinking of going to a catholic church but remaining as an orthodox. It doesn't matter what christian you are but you have to hold on tight to your religion which u think is right.

Yes I tried fasting once, dry fast. I didn't eat or drink anything for over 30 hrs. I almost died Haha. Ok it didn't know Orthodox and Catholic are similar.

Yea I do agree that we need to hold on to our religion and beliefs.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Yes I tried fasting once, dry fast. I didn't eat or drink anything for over 30 hrs. I almost died Haha. Ok it didn't know Orthodox and Catholic are similar.

Yea I do agree that we need to hold on to our religion and beliefs.

Such kinda fasting isn't advisable, that one is killin' yaself. To be honest, fasting is good for a limited time, but if you can't, Jesus will understand. What matters is you respecting him with his rules and stay loyal to him smiley
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:

Such kinda fasting isn't advisable, that one is killin' yaself. To be honest, fasting is good for a limited time, but if you can't, Jesus will understand. What matters is you respecting him with his rules and stay loyal to him smiley

Some people do that for three days. I'm gonna try it again. Why I didn't do three days was because it was my first time. Jesus sees our hearts and he knows who is pure and who isn't.

So what kinda things do you do for fun?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Some people do that for three days. I'm gonna try it again. Why I didn't do three days was because it was my first time. Jesus sees our hearts and he knows who is pure and who isn't.

So what kinda things do you do for fun?

drawing, creating some designs (dresses) and stuffs lyk that
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:
Hello, I am Ednite
Lots of nairalanders have asked me why I am here when they knew i am an Ethiopian. Well, I don't think it does matter because the only reason why am here is to set peace between horners and west africans. I can observe insults coming out from both sides which is so inappropriate. People say "what people think about you doesn't matter but what does matter is who you are". I don't mind after now if a west African insulted me if i know i haven't done any thing wrong, but none of us must open the door for such a thing saying it doesn't matter, It DOES! We expect white people to respect us but we Africans don't even know how to respect each other. That's just some thing we have to get rid of undecided
And lets stop talking about races, pleasssseeeeee
Any ways, thank you for taking time reading this. I hope y'all get me. I am sorry if there are guys out there whom I've disappointed,

Greetings to Waltaw, Azontoghost, captainswag225, robosky02, Tampinu, Eghosa1 and ol ya

PEACE!

Any body who wants to talk is very welcome. Please participate, cuz it's only me and few ppl talking here. Let's make this thread very simple and easy for communication.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:

drawing, creating some designs (dresses) and stuffs lyk that

Cool, can I see some of your work?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Cool, can I see some of your work?

Unfortunately, I had all the pix on my pon and my pon aint workin'. But believe me, when it stats working, I will create a new topic for that and y'all see my dresses (my sketch)
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:

Unfortunately, I had all the pix on my pon and my pon aint workin'. But believe me, when it stats working, I will create a new topic for that and y'all see my dresses (my sketch)

Oh right OK. So what u doing now? What's the time there?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Oh right OK. So what u doing now? What's the time there?

it's 4:11 PM
And am a student
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:

it's 4:11 PM
And am a student

It's 2.13pm here. What are you studying?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dreamwaker:

It's 2.13pm here. What are you studying?

Natural Science
What you do?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:

Natural Science
What you do?

I work fix computers and do part real estate work.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dreamwaker:

I work fix computers and do part real estate work.

Cool smiley
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ednite:

Cool smiley

What are ur plans for the week
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
Dreamwaker:

What are ur plans for the week

Not just a plan for the week but for 2 months, which is preparing myself for the national exam
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ednite:

Not just a plan for the week but for 2 months, which is preparing myself for the national exam

OK what's a national exam?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
Dreamwaker:

OK what's a national exam?

It's a common exam given to the whole students in Ethiopia,There are 3 national exams here
1 National exam for high school entrance
2 National exam for pre-coledge entrance
3 National exam to leave high school and join universities,
and i will take the 3rd one this year
There is such thing in ur country, right?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ednite:

It's a common exam given to the whole students in Ethiopia,There are 3 national exams here
1 National exam for high school entrance
2 National exam for pre-coledge entrance
3 National exam to leave high school and join universities,
and i will take the 3rd one this year
There is such thing in ur country, right?

Yes we have something like that here too.

1. National common entrance for high school admission
2. West African Examination Council for leaving high school.
3. Joint admission matriculation board for University admission.

Good luck in your exams this year.

So what have u been up to lately?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Yes we have something like that here too.

1. National common entrance for high school admission
2. West African Examination Council for leaving high school.
3. Joint admission matriculation board for University admission.

Good luck in your exams this year.

So what have u been up to lately?

Nothing, but tomorrow, we have a school trip and it's going to be in debrezeit city (out side addis ababa). We will visit Ethiopian air force and chill there also. It's gon be cool!
Thanks for the wish smiley
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ednite:

Any body who wants to talk is very welcome. Please participate, cuz it's only me and few ppl talking here. Let's make this thread very simple and easy for communication.

Your are a favorite Nairalander. I have met a number of Ethiopians back here and they are the most peaceful and friendly Africans I have met. It's unfortunate that someone here is determine to portray Ethiopians as hateful.

Am also not a Nigerian, and I joined after seeing insults to my people(Bantus) from Nairaland as I was minding my business. I had to see the folly from close up. The truth is that this site is putting out a lot of misinformed, half baked and hateful content about certain African Ethnic groups.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
Muafrika2:

Your are a favorite Nairalander. I have met a number of Ethiopians back here and they are the most peaceful and friendly Africans I have met. It's unfortunate that someone here is determine to portray Ethiopians as hateful.

Am also not a Nigerian, and I joined after seeing insults to my people(Bantus) from Nairaland as I was minding my business. I had to see the folly from close up. The truth is that this site is putting out a lot of misinformed, half baked and hateful content about certain African Ethnic groups.

Thank you very much. There can be good and bad Ethiopians as any other nations. But they consider all of us as racist people or something. I just wanna let them know that we can be friendly, so thank you for helping me with that, I can call u bro smiley
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Muafrika2:

Where u from?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 18, 2016
Ednite:

Thank you very much. There can be good and bad Ethiopians as any other nations. But they consider all of us as racist people or something. I just wanna let them know that we can be friendly, so thank you for helping me with that, I can call u bro smiley
wink

Ednite:

Where u from?
Kenya
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 18, 2016
Muafrika2:
wink

Kenya
yey! i love kenya!
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2016
Ednite:

yey! i love kenya!

You are welcome here too.

I should plan to visit Ethiopia too someday. Very good spicy food and music. I like the deep ancient roots and history that is there. Am shocked you say(earlier post in the thread) it's not easy to find anything about your country there, don't you have a national archive? Or is the history mostly oral?

How many tribes so you have in Ethiopia?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
tpiah11:
You are looking for rivertemz.

LOOL whyy in the hell are you mentioning me ??
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hello Ednite, it's great that you're in nairaland. Nigerians aren't phased by non-Nigerians that post on here, we've always had a diverse number of users from other countries.

When it comes to what you think Nigerians think of horners, don't get the wrong impression.
Nigerians in the culture section enjoy learning about other Africans cultures.
And you know damn well that this collision started with the (Somali) horners that started trolling our forums.
Nigerians tend to clap back when we're being called foul things. You say you've seen insults from both sides ,
but on nairaland, anyone that insults gets insulted back
BUT 'our' Nigerian insults shouldn't be taken to seriously because we reply out of staying firm and proud.

Once these Somali trolls from somalinet stop posting BUllsh*t on nairaland, then the insults would disappear.

But at the end of the day, Nigerians love learning about other African cultures and we welcome those that want to get to know us. You can see proof by looking at the past threads I've created and that's why tpiah11 mentioned me on here.

Africa can be one if we learn from each other, Nigerians are all eyes and ears for new people
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
Also both Nigeria and Ethiopia have a large population with an amazingly diverse set of ethnic groups, we can definitely support each other socially and culturally if we connect on social media, so invite your ethiopian friends to this forums
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
Muafrika2:

but the post you've witnessed don't come from Nigerians but from other Africans, stop pretending like you haven't noticed it was the Somali users that keep on mentionin Bantu Bantu everyday, they even tried to use the word Bantu to insult Nigerians
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Fulaman198(m): 4:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Rivertemz:
Hello Ednite, it's great that you're in nairaland. Nigerians aren't phased by non-Nigerians that post on here, we've always had a diverse number of users from other countries.

When it comes to what you think Nigerians think of horners, don't get the wrong impression.
And you know damn well that this collision started with the (Somali) horners that started trolling our forums.
Nigerians tend to clap back when we're being called foul things. You say you've seen insults from both sides ,
BUT 'our' Nigerian insults shouldn't be taken to seriously because we reply out of staying firm and proud.

Once these Somali trolls from somalinet stop posting BUllsh*t on nairaland, then the insults would disappear.

But at the end of the day, Nigerians love learning about other African cultures and we welcome those that want to get to know us. You can see proof by looking at the past threads I've created and that's why tpiah11 mentioned me on here.

Africa can be one if we learn from each other, Nigerians are all eyes and ears for new people

Are you sure that's why Tpiah11/Tpiar/Tpiah11 infinity called you here? I think she summoned you to hook you up smiley

As you Yoruba sister she has your back.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Rivertemz:

Thank you for letting me know that. Its always somali ppl ruining our name. hope u know Ethiopians don't do such things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc Ez Cash Loan Ussd Code / Not (a) Chicken! / Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.