Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,913 members, 7,863,173 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian (10109 Views)

The Meaning Of "YIM" In Nairaland's Profile Page. / Please What Does OP Mean In Nairaland / Banned In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Fulaman198:

Are you sure that's why Tpiah11/Tpiar/Tpiah11 infinity called you here? I think she summoned you to hook you up smiley

As you Yoruba sister she has your back.
LOOL Fulaman don't get me in trouble on here

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ednite:

Thank you for letting me know that. Its always somali ppl ruining our name. hope u know Ethiopians don't do such things

yes you won't have to worry about how Nigerians view Ethiopians in general.
I live in the UK and I've had a lot of Somali, Ethiopian and eritrean friends, especially in Uni. In real life East Africans are proud to be African and embrace west Africans too. But on the internet, people can be very nasty.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Rivertemz:
but the post you've witnessed don't come from Nigerians but from other Africans, stop pretending like you haven't noticed it was the Somali users that keep on mentionin Bantu Bantu everyday, they even tried to use the word Bantu to insult Nigerians
The Site and its moderators are Nigerians. Those comments stay up there because some Nigerians have allowed, abetted, encouraged and let them.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Muafrika2:

The Site and its moderators are Nigerians. Those comments stay up there because some Nigerians have allowed, abetted, encouraged and let them.
The comments insulting Nigerians (which makes up 90% of the forums) ALSO are allowed to stay up, even when users like myself have complained about them. Our mods have responded and said they'll sort this out, so I completely agree with that and it's be discussed already, it's not just bantus who are being insulted. Nigerians and Non-nigerians alike bullsh*t a lot on this site
But at the end of the day, high-censorship means a lack of freedom on this popular social media site. Our Mods will get to the bottom of this, in the meantime move on and discuss other things

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Rivertemz:
yes you won't have to worry about how Nigerians view Ethiopians in general.
I live in the UK and I've had a lot of Somali, Ethiopian and eritrean friends, especially in Uni. In real life East Africans are proud to be African and embrace west Africans too. But on the internet, people can be very nasty.

exactly
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Muafrika2:

You are welcome here too.

I should plan to visit Ethiopia too someday. Very good spicy food and music. I like the deep ancient roots and history that is there. Am shocked you say(earlier post in the thread) it's not easy to find anything about your country there, don't you have a national archive? Or is the history mostly oral?

How many tribes so you have in Ethiopia?

more than 80 tribes
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 19, 2016
Rivertemz:

The comments insulting Nigerians (which makes up 90% of the forums) ALSO are allowed to stay up, even when users like myself have complained about them. Our mods have responded and said they'll sort this out, so I completely agree with that and it's be discussed already, it's not just bantus who are being insulted. Nigerians and Non-nigerians alike bullsh*t a lot on this site
But at the end of the day, high-censorship means a lack of freedom on this popular social media site. Our Mods will get to the bottom of this, in the meantime move on and discuss other things
If you don't want to discuss how Nairaland is full of insults that are abetted by your people, all you have to do is avoid me.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 4:35am On Mar 19, 2016
Muafrika2:

If you don't want to discuss how Nairaland is full of insults that are abetted by your people, all you have to do is avoid me.
you either didn't read my comment or you're seriously trolling this site..mumu
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 19, 2016
Rivertemz:

you and muafrica2 better stop here. what just matters is u guys are not one of those non sense ppl who come and insult cuz of ur nationality or something. we gotta teach those ppl how we can stay peaceful not prove it to them that we can't make it.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 19, 2016
Rivertemz:
It seems I need to be very clear. Don't Quote Me angry man.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by ArtanK(m): 6:19am On Mar 19, 2016
Ednite:

Thank you for letting me know that. Its always somali ppl ruining our name. hope u know Ethiopians don't do such things

How are we ruining your name if we're not even the same people?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
Rivertemz:
Also both Nigeria and Ethiopia have a large population with an amazingly diverse set of ethnic groups, we can definitely support each other socially and culturally if we connect on social media, so invite your ethiopian friends to this forums

I will try my best.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
ArtanK:

How are we ruining your name if we're not even the same people?

You know exactly how, don come ask me like you dnt

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=Muafrika2 post=43879392]

Am shocked you say(earlier post in the thread) it's not easy to find anything about your country there, don't you have a national archive? Or is the history mostly oral?

We have national archive but some of the documents have been stolen. You can find our heritages in Britain and also Italy. Any where, they took it, put it in their museums and collect money while we were supposed to have that. But recently, England returned around 600 historical bibles of Ethiopia by the effort of the Ethiopian govt

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
Rivertemz:
Hello Ednite, it's great that you're in nairaland. Nigerians aren't phased by non-Nigerians that post on here, we've always had a diverse number of users from other countries.

When it comes to what you think Nigerians think of horners, don't get the wrong impression.
Nigerians in the culture section enjoy learning about other Africans cultures.
And you know damn well that this collision started with the (Somali) horners that started trolling our forums.
Nigerians tend to clap back when we're being called foul things. You say you've seen insults from both sides ,
but on nairaland, anyone that insults gets insulted back
BUT 'our' Nigerian insults shouldn't be taken to seriously because we reply out of staying firm and proud.

Once these Somali trolls from somalinet stop posting BUllsh*t on nairaland, then the insults would disappear.

But at the end of the day, Nigerians love learning about other African cultures and we welcome those that want to get to know us. You can see proof by looking at the past threads I've created and that's why tpiah11 mentioned me on here.

Africa can be one if we learn from each other, Nigerians are all eyes and ears for new people

But wait a minute, what about the Nigerians who did offend us? There were lots who go on like 'small Ethiopia can't do that' when they hear a good news about us. Not only Somalis! I have some good Nigerian friends, very cool but some are as disappointing as hell. Muafrika2 is also right. There was this Nigerian who asked me 'can you Ethiopians sing[/b]?' and there was the other one,when i ask him what you guys think about us, he was like '[b]we don't think you are civilized at all.' Did we ever say any thing when we win you in athletics? Also when Kenyans beat u up? None of the Kenyans and Ethiopians come here and spell bad words to tell you that we won ya. But if it was reversal, you guys could have done it! Cuz i've read what ya said after we have a foot ball match and you won us. I won't say anything but let God give us the love like Ethiopia and Kenya have. You can see both of us (Ethiopians and Kenyans) fighting for a gold medal but we tolerate each other and we are one. I hope Muafrika2 understands me cuz i mean it when i say dat i love Kenya. And i admit they are better than us in lots of things. So we must improve. But I love them for real and am happy that they are our neighbors. I bet Nigeria could as Kenya one day.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=Ednite post=43923532][/quote]Oh. That should explain the generous supply of all sorts of Ethiopians texts on the Internet. It's a good thing they are being recovered.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2016
Muafrika2:
Oh. That should explain the generous supply of all sorts of Ethiopians texts on the Internet. It's a good thing they are being recovered.
yeah
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Fulaman198(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
East African team-up between Ednite and Muafrika2 smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ednite:

But wait a minute, what about the Nigerians who did offend us? There were lots who go on like 'small Ethiopia can't do that' when they hear a good news about us. Not only Somalis! I have some good Nigerian friends, very cool but some are as disappointing as hell. Muafrika2 is also right. There was this Nigerian who asked me 'can you Ethiopians sing[/b]?' and there was the other one,when i ask him what you guys think about us, he was like '[b]we don't think you are civilized at all.' Did we ever say any thing when we win you in athletics? Also when Kenyans beat u up? None of the Kenyans and Ethiopians come here and spell bad words to tell you that we won ya. But if it was reversal, you guys could have done it! Cuz i've read what ya said after we have a foot ball match and you won us. I won't say anything but let God give us the love like Ethiopia and Kenya have. You can see both of us (Ethiopians and Kenyans) fighting for a gold medal but we tolerate each other and we are one. I hope Muafrika2 understands me cuz i mean it when i say dat i love Kenya. And i admit they are better than us in lots of things. So we must improve. But I love them for real and am happy that they are our neighbors. I bet Nigeria could as Kenya one day.
Uhhh? That doesn't make sense
Winning medals shouldn't be a reason for you to compare us with each other, that's just low
That has nothing to do with this conversation.
If you want to start that narrative and say Ethiopians don't say anything back, don't think I'm ignorant, I know a % of Ethiopians say bad things about west Africans.
And this conversation is not about Kenyans, that's a different story. A lot of Nigerians are in Kenya, Kenyans love Nigerian music and culture.
And I'll repeat myself. STOP
Just understand that people online are nasty and fake. They really don't mean what they say and don't even know much about Ethiopians, listen to the people who have actually spoken and associated with Ethiopians, not a Nigerian online that has never left Nigeria. Stop getting upset by the small small comments you see about football matches, we always win but it's not serious, it's just patriotic
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ednite:

I understand.

I think the major difference between West And East Africa is that there is more knowledge in the East (probably due to saturation of Nigerian movies) while there is almost no effort on the part of the West to understand the rest of Africa. I rember learning about West African Kingdoms (together with the rest of Africa) and gods in History.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Rivertemz:

Uhhh? That doesn't make sense
Winning medals shouldn't be a reason for you to compare us with each other, that's just low
That has nothing to do with this conversation.
If you want to start that narrative and say Ethiopians don't say anything back, don't think I'm ignorant, I know a % of Ethiopians say bad things about west Africans.
And this conversation is not about Kenyans, that's a different story. A lot of Nigerians are in Kenya, Kenyans love Nigerian music and culture.
And I'll repeat myself. STOP
Just understand that people online are nasty and fake. They really don't mean what they say and don't even know much about Ethiopians, listen to the people who have actually spoken and associated with Ethiopians, not a Nigerian online that has never left Nigeria. Stop getting upset by the small small comments you see about football matches, we always win but it's not serious, it's just patriotic

I DON'T TAKE GETTING A MEDAL AS A BIGGGGG SUCCESS! I am just trying to give you example for our differences. WE HAVE WON LOTS OF GOLD MEDALS BUT WE NEVER GIVE SUCH A BIG SHII! You have to understand what I am saying. There is always a good thinking and bad thinking nation of the same country and i agree that there is a % who says bad thing about west Africa. And i have my own reason to talk about Kenya.

I am being so frank to tell you we hear Nigerian songs here. But after i read a topic which says "Ethiopians worshiping p square" i have never felt right about ur music, and i will tell you this aint an easy comment. No Ethiopian jokes in religion. WORSHIP?!

And again i don't feel right in the way you comment, it's like you gon eat me. Tot you were a cool guy, what's wrong with you? I better stop here before your bad senses got worse, Remember that i created this topic for peace but not for the opposite

I have no problem with no body, keep this in mind

1 Like

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Muafrika2:

I understand.

I think the major difference between West And East Africa is that there is more knowledge in the East (probably due to saturation of Nigerian movies) while there is almost no effort on the part of the West to understand the rest of Africa. I rember learning about West African Kingdoms (together with the rest of Africa) and gods in History.

Surprisingly, i remember no west African leader in history other than Nkuame Kruma. And a Nigerian. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE!
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ednite:

Surprisingly, i remember no west African leader in history other than Nkuame Kruma. And a Nigerian. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE!

And you are still a student? That's a crime

Kwame was a great man. He laid a good foundation for Ghana. Same with Nyerere of Tanzania.

How does it work in Ethiopia, was Haile Gabre Sellasie the last King? I know you have a prime Minister, whst is the political structure?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Rivertemz: 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ednite:

I DON'T TAKE GETTING A MEDAL AS A BIGGGGG SUCCESS! I am just trying to give you example for our differences. WE HAVE WON LOTS OF GOLD MEDALS BUT WE NEVER GIVE SUCH A BIG SHII! You have to understand what I am saying. There is always a good thinking and bad thinking nation of the same country and i agree that there is a % who says bad thing about west Africa. And i have my own reason to talk about Kenya.

I am being so frank to tell you we hear Nigerian songs here. But after i read a topic which says "Ethiopians worshiping p square" i have never felt right about ur music, and i will tell you this aint an easy comment. No Ethiopian jokes in religion. WORSHIP?!

And again i don't feel right in the way you comment, it's like you gon eat me. Tot you were a cool guy, what's wrong with you? I better stop here before your bad senses got worse, Remember that i created this topic for peace but not for the opposite

I have no problem with no body, keep this in mind
I'm not here to demotivate you more, i only checked you on your comment, you need to broaden your mind wwhen you learn about us and other africans.
Example You saw a random topic that said "Ethiopians worshiping p square" and now you don't feel right about our music??
that's sad, just enjoy the music and don't let a stupid Nigerian give you the wrong idea.

(repeating ) ignore those small small comments you see online from ignorant people. They are not serious.
Meet Nigerians face to face, travel, meet us in other countries, some of us come to Addis Ababa, some rich and educated nigerians travel there for holiday, so you'll see us.instead of online because it will pollute your mind of what you think we do
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 23, 2016
Muafrika2:

And you are still a student? That's a crime

Kwame was a great man. He laid a good foundation for Ghana. Same with Nyerere of Tanzania.

How does it work in Ethiopia, was Haile Gabre Sellasie the last King? I know you have a prime Minister, whst is the political structure?

I am sorry, i also know julius nyrere, actually i respect kwame, he's a big man. haile Gebre sellasie was a runner! It was hailesellassie our last emperor (the 225th). Lot of people get confused with their names lol
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 23, 2016
Rivertemz:

I'm not here to demotivate you more, i only checked you on your comment, you need to broaden your mind wwhen you learn about us and other africans.
Example You saw a random topic that said "Ethiopians worshiping p square" and now you don't feel right about our music??
that's sad, just enjoy the music and don't let a stupid Nigerian give you the wrong idea.

(repeating ) ignore those small small comments you see online from ignorant people. They are not serious.
Meet Nigerians face to face, travel, meet us in other countries, some of us come to Addis Ababa, some rich and educated nigerians travel there for holiday, so you'll see us.instead of online because it will pollute your mind of what you think we do

I know you are right. I exactly know that i was supposed to ignore silly comments. But i just can't. I can't undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by ArtanK(m): 6:03am On Mar 23, 2016
Ednite:

You know exactly how, don come ask me like you dnt

If you're talking about Ajuran and his 1000 usernames then you should know that he doesn't represent us.
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by ArtanK(m): 6:14am On Mar 23, 2016
Ednite:

It was hailesellassie our last emperor (the 225th). Lot of people get confused with their names lol

Muafrika2:

How do you compare Kwame Nkrumah to genocidal Haile Sellassie? He might have preached about African unity but his actions were completely against. Weren't the hundreds of thousands of Oromo civilians who were either killed or put in concentration camps not Africans? He's the biggest fraud in Ethiopian history. Now Yohannes IV who fought against aggressors such as Egypt and Sudan was a real leader and should be celebrated as such instead of fraud Sellassie.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ednite:

I am sorry, i also know julius nyrere, actually i respect kwame, he's a big man. haile Gebre sellasie was a runner! It was hailesellassie our last emperor (the 225th). Lot of people get confused with their names lol
Oh I don't know how I confused those two. grin
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
ArtanK:

How do you compare Kwame Nkrumah to genocidal Haile Sellassie? He might have preached about African unity but his actions were completely against. Weren't the hundreds of thousands of Oromo civilians who were either killed or put in concentration camps not Africans? He's the biggest fraud in Ethiopian history. Now Yohannes IV who fought against aggressors such as Egypt and Sudan was a real leader and should be celebrated as such instead of fraud Sellassie.
Really? Is that when the Oromo Liberation Front was born? Or was is already a resistant force?
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
ArtanK:

I never said i support haile selassie. I am always against that guy. I have never heard of the good things he have made except forming the Africa union. For me, the best emperor is MENELIK. I also love Yohannes but he didn't achieve a lot. Specially the way he died was very tragic. He was beheaded by the mahadists sad
Re: Why I Am In Nairaland Eventhough I Am Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
ArtanK:

Yohannes IV who fought against aggressors such as Egypt and Sudan was a real leader and should be celebrated as such instead of fraud Sellassie.

Thank you! Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / How Much Is Graduate Entry Pay At FCDA Abuja....pl / My Mother In Law Is Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.