Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Is Nature Exactly? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Nature Exactly? (29539 Views)

Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 1:33am On Mar 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Close-mindedness

Yeah, coming from the guy who believes in 1 god. When thousands exist.... undecided abegii

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 1:45am On Mar 24, 2016
GooseBaba:

Yeah, coming from the guy who believes in 1 god. When thousands exist.... undecided abegii

I believe in an eternal conscious creator existing as the Trinity . What do you believe in ?

Void - nothingness . Which magically became everything . It then got to earth after a while and looked at dead matter and decided to bring a single cell which somehow survived the harsh conditions ( no videos or images to prove this was so ) 4 billion years ago . This happy singe cell joyfully became life forms and man a super complex life form and fruits & vegetables to keep him nourished too . It also decided to make the woman and was smart enough to know that for this happiness to continue they need to procreate . So after trial and error it deciphered that males need coxxcks and women need puccis and also figured out various organs were needed for this process to occur . Mysteriously these organs and all others appeared and then life continued - no goal , no direction , no purpose

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 2:16am On Mar 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I believe in an eternal conscious creator existing as the Trinity . What do you believe in ?

Void - nothingness . Which magically became everything . It then got to earth after a while and looked at dead matter and decided to bring a single cell which somehow survived the harsh conditions ( no videos or images to prove this was so ) 4 billion years ago . This happy singe cell joyfully became life forms and man a super complex life form and fruits & vegetables to keep him nourished too . It also decided to make the woman and was smart enough to know that for this happiness to continue they need to procreate . So after trial and error it deciphered that males need coxxcks and women need puccis and also figured out various organs were needed for this process to occur . Mysteriously these organs and all others appeared and then life continued - no goal , no direction , no purpose

Lmao....!!! Evolution theory is simply what it is. It's not a belief or religious in any way..

Abeg leave that thing. Where is the video for your adopted god doing all of that?

The teachings of My ancestral God dictates that I seek knowledge, for life is a market place and a journey. because I am here to buy and sell. Then I must depart back to my abode. So there you have it. I have a purpose, have a direction and a goal that those i leave behind would find strength in their lineage and heritage. A natural phenomenon.

You on the other hand. Hmmm, unnatural things. Celebrating and preserving the teachings and legacies of other peoples ancestors. Distorting your heritage/lineage in order to squeeze yourself in someone else's. Tufiakwa!!!

Meanwhile, Oghene did all those things. Made sure a woman's honey pot shines the man's iron without prejudice.... My guy Oghene all day everyday!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 2:33am On Mar 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
@Goosebaba ... you really need to understand the Logic of God and EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING - I hope you'd experience an epiphany when you realise the inherent logical information in that word

And you call me a child. Did you even read what you wrote?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 2:38am On Mar 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

[size=18pt]What do you believe in ?

Void - nothingness . Which magically became everything[/size]

It isn't nothing. How many times do I have to tell you that?

You, on the other hand, believe that a conscious creator made the universe, then waited 4 billion years to send his son to the bronze age to die.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:55am On Mar 24, 2016
Looks like a lot has gone on.
KingEbukaNaija:

You have a really short memory
I defined every term I used . What do you think the hyphens are for ?
consciousness - basically safe awareness
emotions - responses as a result of being self aware
Turin Test - a kind of test that examines how intelligent machines are to know if they close are to thinking like humans
I used robotics to explain my propositions . I also explained that for humans , consciousness is needed for intelligence and to exhibit emotions . I also explained that robots don't need consciousness to exhibit intelligence that we can ascertain how intelligent they are e.g Turin Test
From the onset I made two bold statements that y'all have failed egregiously to refute
1. Processes can be designed to be random even chaotic as described and still have the efficacy to produce desired results
2. An observer can see processes as Random or chaotic but not necessarily same to the designer .
I also used robotics to explain how processes can be designed to follow laws . I explained what Nothingness means . I explained how nature was presciently designed . I employed exegesis . I explained that order from randomness can be a design concept with an example .
Aren't all these meaningful contributions ? All you do is sit down and ask unnecessary questions and make blatant non sequiturs
You are the one from your shallow questions that know nothing absolutely nothing about what or who is being discussed here .
God is eternal , a container of infinity , his attributes are what make him who he is . And still you asked me if he didn't create consciousness
undecided Can you imagine grin
Gerarahia mehn cool
I agree with oga Ebuka in his position and basic definitions.

Attributes are not original entities. They are the character a being exhibits.

And pastoraio, eternal existence is an existence of infinity, beyond place and time. Logical thought will lead you to understand that an infinite presence fills up everything(and I mean everything), there is no room for anything other than itself to exist in eternity(don't take this statement the wrong way and try to exclude eternity from God's existece as i was only trying to explain an issue to you). The fact is that God is eternity, and God is eternal, and creation is only a subset of his fathomless boundlessness and power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:04am On Mar 24, 2016
Weah96:

You're like the spokesperson for your infinity infinity Jewish god as well as a pro bono mouthpiece on NL.

I would go talk to my god if I were you. Instead of arguing with mortals. Go to your infinity google and talk to it.
It seems you are hurt that it is him that is trying to explain things to you. Who do you want to be God's spokesperson? An angel?

God in his mercy and love, meets us for free everyday in conversations with people, in observations of our world. He tries to get our attention with other human beings primarily.

That you have a problem with King and I talking to you doesn't invalidate our arguments. It only points to a somewhat painful personal problem you have with God himself, as I have said before. I suggest you get things sorted out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 8:00am On Mar 24, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Looks like a lot has gone on.I agree with oga Ebuka in his position and basic definitions.

Attributes are not original entities. They are the character a being exhibits.

And pastoraio, eternal existence is an existence of infinity, beyond place and time. Logical thought will lead you to understand that an infinite presence fills up everything(and I mean everything), there is no room for anything other than itself to exist in eternity(don't take this statement the wrong way and try to exclude eternity from God's existece as i was only trying to explain an issue to you. The fact is that God is eternity, and God is eternal, and creation is only a subset of his fathomless boundlessness and power

Thank you bro !
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:24am On Mar 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Thank you bro !
You're welcome.

Even the bible says God has to humble himself to look upon heaven, and earth. Because he is beyond heaven and earth.

Psalm 113:6 KJV

Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Joshthefirst:
It seems you are hurt that it is him that is trying to explain things to you. Who do you want to be God's spokesperson? An angel?

God in his mercy and love, meets us for free everyday in conversations with people, in observations of our world. He tries to get our attention with other human beings primarily.

That you have a problem with King and I talking to you doesn't invalidate our arguments.[size=18pt] It only points to a somewhat painful personal problem you have with God himself[/size], as I have said before. I suggest you get things sorted out.

I'm having a painful problem with the infinity infinity which I now transfer to kingebukasblog?? You must be kidding. Who is this god in your head that I always have a problem with?

Do you have problems with dead people? Storybook characters? Your god is like a piece of soiled toilet paper in my head, literally. That's the image of it that I hold in my head. Whenever you detect anger in my tone, it's because you guys are either claiming to talk to the sh.it on the paper or you're smeared in it. But I don't hold a grudge against the sh.itty toilet paper.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
Weah96:

I'm having a painful problem with the infinity infinity which I now transfer to kingebukasblog?? You must be kidding. Who is this god in your head that I always have a problem with?

Do you have problems with dead people? Storybook characters? Your god is like a piece of soiled toilet paper in my head, literally. That's the image of it that I hold in my head. Whenever you detect anger in my tone, it's because you guys are either claiming to talk to the sh.it on the paper or you're smeared in it. But I don't hold a grudge against the sh.itty toilet paper.

you definitely have a very serious problem for you to relegate him to the soiled toilet paper opinion.

You have a serious problem when you imply he doesn't exist and is only in my head then go on to claim he's also in your head albeit in the very dirty section. Unfortunately I and King will continue to talk to him, so you'd better get your head cleaned up and carefully pretend he doesn't exist without giving yourself away so easily next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Joshthefirst:
you definitely have a very serious problem for you to relegate him to the soiled toilet paper opinion.

You have a serious problem when you imply he doesn't exist and is only in my head then go on to claim he's also in your head albeit in the very dirty section. Unfortunately I and King will continue to talk to him, so you'd better get your head cleaned up and carefully pretend he doesn't exist without giving yourself away so easily next time.

I don't value a worldview in which a soiled piece of tissue is your supreme ruler and my adversary. My beef is not with sh.it.

Others will have a discussion with you about it. I won't.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
Weah96:

I don't value a worldview in which a soiled piece of tissue is your supreme ruler and my adversary. My beef is not with sh.it.

Others will have a discussion with you about it. I won't.
unfortunately whether you value it or not this quite unhygienic worldview with the shi.t king exists in your head. It is unhealthy, and seems to be giving you fits of inexplicable rage.

I advise you to cleanse out your head and wake up to reality.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
Joshthefirst:
unfortunately whether you value it or not this quite unhygienic worldview with the shi.t king exists in your head. It is unhealthy, and seems to be giving you fits of inexplicable rage.

I agree. But it's a burden I'm willing to carry if it prevents you from flinging your sh.it around unchallenged.

Your supreme ruler is a sh.itty conjecture, yet you're here seeking enrollment in your manic delusion. Your own sorrow must be immeasurably greater than mine.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Weah96:

I agree. But it's a burden I'm willing to carry if it prevents you from flinging your sh.it around unchallenged.

Your supreme ruler is a sh.itty conjecture, yet you're here seeking enrollment in your manic delusion. Your own sorrow must be immeasurably greater than mine.

Abeg tell them ohhh.... cheesy they keep making shiiit up as they go. All this denominations of sorrowful characters..

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Kay17: 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
i think the claim God dragged rabbits from an empty hat cannot stand any scrutiny. It is abject rubbish.

God exists as a being, therefore shares a commonality with other beings. Josh and co prove this by articulating God shares emotions, consciousness and intelligence with humans.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Kay17:
i think the claim God dragged rabbits from an empty hat cannot stand any scrutiny. It is abject rubbish.

God exists as a being, therefore shares a commonality with other beings. Josh and co prove this by articulating God shares emotions, consciousness and intelligence with humans.

you and your specious arguments
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:03am On Mar 25, 2016
Kay17:
I have not made this claim.

Kay17:
Its the other way round madam, with us doing the sharing. But its somewhat true.

I wonder how the fact that God exists as a being changes anything though.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:06am On Mar 25, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Its the other way round madam, with us doing the sharing. But its somewhat true.

From the arguments the atheists present , its certain that they just want to accommodate their unbelief though most misconceptions they have about God have been dispelled by us .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 12:18am On Mar 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

From the arguments the atheists present , its certain that they just want to accommodate their unbelief though most misconceptions they have about God have been dispelled by us .
Yeah. Some angrily cry "sh.it" when the air is cleared out and they realize they have no real stance to cling to in unbelief, while others try to dismantle every bit of what has been said and confuse us with distracting side definitions and details. Some misquote and try to start the argument all over again, and some are simply cheerleaders... and some have run away. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Kay17: 7:42am On Mar 25, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Being is a concretization and presence of existence. There must be a commonality between man and God on this basis
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

you and your specious arguments

Kay17:

Try reading and then THINKING about what he wrote. The thinking part is very important o!!

I read what he said and I've thought on it. Here's the understanding i've arrived at:

1)God dragged rabbits from a empty hat is a metaphor for Creation ex nihilo. Creation from nothing. If you refute this then you are saying that there is something, a raw material, that God created the world from.

2) Josh and Co say that God has emotions, consciousness and intelligence. Let us just take emotions first.

Imagine God before he created anything, chilling out in eternity and being infinitely infinite … bla bla poo. He's always been emotional because Emotions are a part of his attributes. Question is: What the heck was he emotional about?
Was he happy that his team won the league? That is his nonexistent team in the nonexistent league.
Was he happy that Asherah invited him to dinner one evening? That is Nonexistent ashram to a nonexistent dinner.
Was he sad that he might miss the dinner because he can't get rid of his incessant flatulence and he doesn't want to go there and embarrass himself?

Emotions are directed at something. If nothing exists but a being then how can that being be emotional.

Intelligence is even worse. Intelligence can be seen as the ability to solve a problem. How can you be intelligent when there is nothing to be intelligent about?

So we find a description of God which paints him very much like humans in his attributes, but human attributes make sense for human beings but they do not make sense for an infinite being.

The very idea of defining something that is infinite is so abysmally oxymoronic.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I believe in an eternal conscious creator existing as the Trinity .

You're situation is getting a lot worse every day.
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 11:53am On Mar 25, 2016
PastorAIO:

Try reading and then THINKING about what he wrote. The thinking part is very important o!!

I read what he said and I've thought on it. Here's the understanding i've arrived at:

1)God dragged rabbits from a empty hat is a metaphor for Creation ex nihilo. Creation from nothing. If you refute this then you are saying that there is something, a raw material, that God created the world from.

2) Josh and Co say that God has emotions, consciousness and intelligence. Let us just take emotions first.

Imagine God before he created anything, chilling out in eternity and being infinitely infinite … bla bla poo. He's always been emotional because Emotions are a part of his attributes. Question is: What the heck was he emotional about?
Was he happy that his team won the league? That is his nonexistent team in the nonexistent league.
Was he happy that Asherah invited him to dinner one evening? That is Nonexistent ashram to a nonexistent dinner.
Was he sad that he might miss the dinner because he can't get rid of his incessant flatulence and he doesn't want to go there and embarrass himself?

Emotions are directed at something. If nothing exists but a being then how can that being be emotional.

Intelligence is even worse. Intelligence can be seen as the ability to solve a problem. How can you be intelligent when there is nothing to be intelligent about?

So we find a description of God which paints him very much like humans in his attributes, but human attributes make sense for human beings but they do not make sense for an infinite being.

The very idea of defining something that is infinite is so abysmally oxymoronic.
Lol
You got me rolling on the floor with this comedic skit about the travails of an infinite being.
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
PastorAIO:

Lovely insight. I just wanna know where the god lived before he embarked on his creation spree. They tell me that he lived in infinity, which must a nice suburb in the nothing.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Kay17: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Besides KingEbuka has introduced the Trinity into the mix. So there isn't just God but Jesus and the Holy Spirit existing in a pseudo unity. The implication is, there lies the possibility of a number of eternal self existent beings existing.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Does the existence of Intentions exclude the existence of Accidents?

I can study assiduously for an exam, Go and sit the exam, mark A, B, C , or D on each question (it's a multiple choice exam), and score 70 %.

I can also refuse to study, sit the exam, and mark A, B, C, or D randomly, and STILL score 70% or even higher sef.

First scenario I answered each intentionally. Second scenario I answered randomly.

God can intentionally create a universe from Nothing.

But why does that mean that the Universe cannot just emerge from Nothing. After all we believe it's possible, cos we agree that God has managed it.

Is God's intention an essential factor in Creation? Why?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
Weah96:

Lovely insight. I just wanna know where the god lived before he embarked on his creation spree. They tell me that he lived in infinity, which must a nice suburb in the nothing.

grin grin grin
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kay17:
Besides KingEbuka has introduced the Trinity into the mix. So there isn't just God but Jesus and the Holy Spirit existing in a pseudo unity. The implication is, there lies the possibility of a number of eternal self existent beings existing.

Exactly.

I ddon't know why an omni omni being or omni omni beings would limit themselves to just 3.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
PastorAIO:

Question is: What the heck was he emotional about?

Unfortunately your question is ill thought out again. How can you apply the reasoning of time to eternity and start yelling about when your understanding fails? Eternity, is not infinite time. In eternity, time itself is absent.

Meaning that in God's eye past, present, and future are irrelevant. He is happening in all.

Existing in eternity, nothing is done to anything to yield definition. There is only Him that exists, with all his attributes and all his thoughts infinite, especially as it pertains to creation.

Let me break it down then since it's difficult for you to grab the concept:

There only needs to be a being, who is infinite. His thoughts, knowledge, infinite. The origin and dissipation of our event, and therefore our space-time, is only a sub-set of his infinite knowledge and presence. Actions, including emotional actions, of past, present, and future are all occupied by his infinite presence, and foreknown by his infinite knowledge.

So when he loves, he knows whom he loves, because he foreknows. But then there's no when in eternity. So he simply loves.

The bible states that he loved us before he created the world.

Do you now see how id.iotic and irrelevant your question is? And do you now see how foolish and zombie-like those cheering you are?

This is quite foolish. You can be intelligent, when there is all events in infinity which you completely occupy to be intelligent about.

Defining God in his infinity is not oxymoronic if he is timeless and changeless.

Once again your bag of air is deflated completely and its content is simply ill/thought out air

Edited.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
PastorAIO:
Does the existence of Intentions exclude the existence of Accidents?

I can study assiduously for an exam, Go and sit the exam, mark A, B, C , or D on each question (it's a multiple choice exam), and score 70 %.

I can also refuse to study, sit the exam, and mark A, B, C, or D randomly, and STILL score 70% or even higher sef.

First scenario I answered each intentionally. Second scenario I answered randomly.

God can intentionally create a universe from Nothing.

But why does that mean that the Universe cannot just emerge from Nothing. After all we believe it's possible, cos we agree that God has managed it.

Is God's intention an essential factor in Creation? Why?
Whether you study or not, your action is needed for a result to take place. God's intervention made creation possible, and his character is shown to be intentional by the quality and direction and purposefulness of creation and life itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Unfortunately I and King will continue to talk to him (the conscious Trinity) ...

Lol.

Is that a threat ?
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

RCCG Member Proposes To A Sister In Church, In Front Of Congregation (Video) / Pastor Adeboye At 76, Human or a spirit? - Sunnewsonline / The Impulse To Watch Leaked Sex Tapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.