Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? (15278 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by lonelydora: 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
I don't pray for my enemies to die whether in church or in shrine. I pray for my enemies to live long and see what i become in future.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:

Exactly, but can you do same for Alqeada, Boko Haram, ISIS, Al-Shabab etc..
You see, for we humans its easy to pray for and forgive our enemies who uses diabolical means to hurt, but when we see those that can hurt us physically we turn into fire-speaking, death merchant and prayer warriors of draconian era. I have never seen any christian that prays for these terrorist to repent, all we wish for them is death! death!! death!!! And even more death even when they were killed.

Still it is wrong
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
ndcide:

He put an end to the storm. Which means it died.
No, he said 'Peace, be still'
U can command peace into their lives
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by datigbogirl: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
Please i am just curious how my christian friends will address this issue.
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

Just needed to express my thought.

One is legal d other is not...
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by benodic: 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
once you start praying for evil to befall on your enemy whether done in church or in a shrine, that is black magic.
giving love to your enemy and wishing them well is always a better option

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ndcide(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
The question is clear enough. Why are churches or christians permitted to do and get away with what we would normally condemn others for?

OK give example. Of such prayer so it'll be clear .
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ndcide(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

No, he said 'Peace, be still'
U can command peace into their lives

My Bible tells me, Jesus rebuked the wind. You know what a rebuke is.

Look, if you don't bind / satanic oppositions, they'll remain. Stop deceiving yourselves. I know so much about these things. That's why you see some persons, in church every day, and are afflicted... Anyway you are on your own.

If you want to learn I may exposure you to some things. If not just relax and move on. Thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by sparklebug: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
in my opinion that prayer is wrong!!! all these so called dangerous prayers i wonder were they get it from...dont let any man under the guise of a man of God fool you..study the bible yourself
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Akolawole(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
There is NO difference.

Both is directed to Lucifer to execute.

Any Christian that pray such prayer in Church is either NAIVE or STUPID cry

We can attack Satan who work in people to misbehave but we can NEVER attack the person that Satan work through.
Jesus is our leader and we cannot do what Christ preach against. He said ''Pray for your enemy....''[Matthew 5:44]. Its a difficult thing as a human but we just have to obey and do it.

He also rebuked the Satan in Peter NOT peter in Matthew 16:23
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by zynzyn(m): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

Op. No Shaking. U are VERY CORRECT on this!!
Any prayer against enemies is implicitly occultic and may actually appeal only to demons REGARDLESS OF WHEREVER it is practiced!

As a christian I want to bring your attention to 1 Tim 4:1 which talks of supposedly christian doctrines of demonic inspiration. in the last days.

One of Satan's greatest strategies against Christianity is to create false beliefs that appear to be of God but are actually demon inspired!! undecided

Not every 'christian' practice is actually CHRISTIAN!! undecided

That is why deep rather than surface knowledge of scripture is necessary!!
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by djeasy(m): 4:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:

here is the difference.

If you are a child of God., you table your matter to God. If you are of the devil you take it to the native doctor.

Again:
My enemy is the devil so I goto church to fight against the devil.

So if God is your enemy, take it to you native doctor to fight for you.

Then let see who will win.

Those of you insulting mountain of fire. Beware!!!
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by crookes(m): 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
A'a this na simple question na cox Praying for the death of your enemies in church is a HOLY one while Praying for your enemy to die is A SINFUL ONE na... Abi u wetin u dey tink of before?
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
ndcide:

My Bible tells me, Jesus rebuked the wind. You know what a rebuke is.

Look, if you don't bind / satanic oppositions, they'll remain. Stop deceiving yourselves. I know so much about these things. That's why you see some persons, in church every day, and are afflicted... Anyway you are on your own.

If you want to learn I may exposure you to some things. If not just relax and move on. Thanks.
I think Jesus knows more than u. He rebuked d storm by saying: peace, be still. He did not tell d storm to die. If Jesus is d truth, what u r saying is contradictory and obviously a lie.

Shalom
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ndcide(m): 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

I think Jesus knows more than u. He rebuked d storm by saying: peace, be still. He did not tell d storm to die. If Jesus is d truth, what u r saying is contradictory and obviously a lie.

Shalom

It's seems the "die" is the issue abi?

You don't have to say "die" do you?.... Trying to be sure what your point is.

You are the one saying peace be still, which is fine. But in my Bible and I have various versions for study. They all say. Jesus REBUKED the storm.

We can allows birds to fly, but never allow them build nest on your head. God have given you the authority. Demonic powers don't want you to pray against them. I don't know you so I'll stop here.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Ogundana1970(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
May I ask, what is the defferent between enemy and wicked man? And how can we contruct our prayer about them according to the biblical knowlege?
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
ndcide:

It's seems the "die" is the issue abi?

You don't have to say "die" do you?.... Trying to be sure what your point is.

You are the one saying peace be still, which is fine. But in my Bible and I have various versions for study. They all say. Jesus REBUKED the storm.

We can allows birds to fly, but never allow them build nest on your head. God have given you the authority. Demonic powers don't want you to pray against them. I don't know you so I'll stop here.

Again, Jesus said we should CAST OUT demons. Not to tell them to die. It seems almost childish to say otherwise
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ndcide(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Again, Jesus said we should CAST OUT demons. Not to tell them to die. It seems almost childish to say otherwise

Now I don't get your point.

Besides I don't attend MFM. But I've read their books and seen their pray booklets and I couldn't fault them.

Olukoya's books have deep incites and are rich also.

If it's "die" that is your problem in all of these and not that we shouldn't bind, challenge, rebuke the works of darkness and ultimately put a stop to devilish exploits in Jesus name, then there's no problem and no need for all these arguments.

Which church do you even attend?
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
ndcide:

Now I don't get your point.

Besides I don't attend MFM. But I've read their books and seen their pray booklets and I couldn't fault them.

Olukoya's books have deep incites and are rich also.

If it's "die" that is your problem in all of these and not that we shouldn't bind, challenge, rebuke the works of darkness and ultimately put a stop to devilish exploits in Jesus name, then there's no problem and no need for all these arguments.

Which church do you even attend?

I fault MFM. Wht they preach is in direct contrast to Jesus' teachings.
Their 'preaching' and prayer points breeds hate and utter stupidity in d hrts of Christians.
Guy, I don bone church. Ignorant ppl are at d helm
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by emenas(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
u people are jst here saying rubbish..read ur bible very well.. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in high places.. When they say kill, they are not referring to human being but wicked and stubborn powers which have vowed never to let you prosper.. I dont blame some of you its because you have never experience any serious attacks in life.. Somewhere in the bible God said suffer not a witch to live..
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by emenas(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
lonelydora:
I don't pray for my enemies to die whether in church or in shrine. I pray for my enemies to live long and see what i become in future.
bros if you continue praying for dem to live..they will keep tormenting you..if they finally succed end up killing you (God forbid) maybe its ur ghost that will continue in the future..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by poik(m): 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:

See.
If the Bible is the manual for a Christian, then it behooves the believer to pattern his life after it.
Christianity is not that holier-than-thou, can't-hurt-a-fly mien. Christianity is real, a religion of reality that touches on our every day lives.
If you read Psalms 55, your views on this topic would change. David was a man after Gods heart, yet he prayed that Hus enemies should be hastened to the grave. Another example of that is in Psalms 109.
While that may sound convenient, one can also exploit the Bible for clandestine whims. That one God frowns at.
Suffer no witch to live. God has given us power over them, so will you because of gentility disobey this commandment, and allow them kill you instead?
It takes the Spirit of God to really understand the Bible.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by aspirebig: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Op, read the Bible very well, you will understand.

Ok, let me help you small, just read 1 Samuel and see what is in it?
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by kushb: 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
Continue to pray for your enemies to live long,that is your business,some people have vowed that you can only succeed over their dead body and you ll be there praying for them to live long and see what you ll be in future,even those that have not steeped into mountain of fire will still criticize the church,if you dont believe in the way they pray,why not pray the way you understand,this is very simple
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by johnel2real(m): 10:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
Aviero:
Interesting!

You'll hear prayers like: Anybody hindering my progress, die by fire!

In a shrine, you'll also meet the babalawo to kill whoever is hindering your progress.

The funny thing is that: Christians in church that pray for their enemies to die will label others who go to a different place with the same request FETISH.

Who's confusing who?
those people who make such prayers are not Christians. Christians behave like Christ, emulate him in every way, Christ doesn't pray such prayers. Instead he teaches us to love and pray for those who hate and wish us evil, nothing can happen to a Christian without God's permission, so the activities of ur supposed enemies shouldnt be of concern to u. Your enemies are only as strong as ur relationship with God is weak. .
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
the enemy is not that man or that woman you know but d devil itself is d enemy and d evil spirit possesses humans are behind the penetration
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by bizyromy(m): 3:54am On Mar 14, 2016
Please let me set the record straight.Mountain of fire is not praying for any body to die.Instead the are praying for the wicked unrepentant spirit in their enemies,in covens,that make them to be that wicked to die.Trust me a wicked man can repent and change,but wicked spirit never repent.The are programmed to terminate by their master lucifer.If u leave them,they kill and kill and never get tired of killing.When they possess you,you will also have they zeal to kill unless you are delivered.That is the spirit mfm is asking to die and not their human enemies.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 14, 2016
bizyromy:
Please let me set the record straight.Mountain of fire is not praying for any body to die.Instead the are praying for the wicked unrepentant spirit in their enemies,in covens,that make them to be that wicked to die.Trust me a wicked man can repent and change,but wicked spirit never repent.The are programmed to terminate by their master lucifer.If u leave them,they kill and kill and never get tired of killing.When they possess you,you will also have they zeal to kill unless you are delivered.That is the spirit mfm is asking to die and not their human enemies.
Unfortunately, this shows gross ignorance and ineptitude of MFM leaders. Jesus said his followers should cast out demons so where does dying come from?
Are those demons so strong dt dt is d only thing they have been praying abt for years?
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Aviero: 7:16am On Mar 14, 2016
johnel2real:

those people who make such prayers are not Christians. Christians behave like Christ, emulate him in every way, Christ doesn't pray such prayers. Instead he teaches us to love and pray for those who hate and wish us evil, nothing can happen to a Christian without God's permission, so the activities of ur supposed enemies shouldnt be of concern to u. Your enemies are only as strong as ur relationship with God is weak. .
This makes a lot of sense.

Does it mean MFM members aren't Christians? They pray such prayers a lot.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 14, 2016
This is why we keep saying, Common sense is not Very common."
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by johnel2real(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2016
Aviero:
This makes a lot of sense.

Does it mean MFM members aren't Christians? They pray such prayers a lot.
Lack of knowledge can be another factor, maybe they don't know better.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by princy80(m): 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
read Luke 19:27 ( But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither,
and slay them before me.)
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by promisechuks: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Anybody who is praying such prayer, though he may not go to hell, but he is ignorantly helping the devil to kill, because jesus said the son of God(which is now in us) has not come to condemn the world.

That the prayer was answered those not make it correct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Natural Man, Spiritual Man Or Carnal Man? / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.