Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? (15279 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ndcide(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
Please i am just curious how my christian friends will address this issue.
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

Just needed to express my thought.

You are not really asking a genuine question. So you don't need anyone to convince you.

I really don't know what you mean by praying for your enemy to die. Maybe you give examples.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Peritus(m): 11:27am On Mar 13, 2016
onoslove:
Do you believe that there are people who go diabolical, calling out names of people that they will not marry, bear children and many more. If God opens your eyes and you see such a person calling your name in any of the above mentioned, are you sure you can still love such a person. Any person who mention my name for evil in any part of the word should die by fire.
By God's grace, yes! I will pray that God nullifies his plans and bring him into His light. I love not their ways, but I love there soul to be saved. See, it is God's plan that we all be saved, and until one dies, he still has ample opportunity. I wont pray that ones opportunity be cut short. If I was visited with the consequences of my sins, I doubt if I would be alive. This kind of love doesn't come naturally. It's by His grace.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by tonio2wo: 11:28am On Mar 13, 2016
AnonymustME:

she has to spell it out for you right? are you too dumb to read between the lines? ....she said "the church with fire on the mountain"
Y are u insulting me na, was I d one that instructs u to pray die die die die die all the time? Na whao o
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by jackzin(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2016
ifihearam:
Because when God kills it's Justice but when man(herbalist) kills it's MURDER.
so far, this has been a reasonable answer.. not the many words poured on this thread
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by jackzin(m): 11:31am On Mar 13, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Die'in the biblical way is ambiguous.It doesn't necessarily means physical death.It could mean to render someone powerless et al
another reasonable point found

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by fromnigeria(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2016
kevoh:
If the xtian god exists and grants the prayers of xtians who pray for their enemies to die, I wonder who will remain on the earth undecided because:

1. You are one way or the other an enemy to another person, if for example you have been jealous of another person's achievements.

2. Even one can be an enemy to himself through some wrong decisions that he/she has taken which is detrimental to one's success in life.

So why not love your enemy and pray wish good for those who persecute you! You just might be wishing yourself good instead.smiley
Thank You
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Peritus(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
jackzin:

so far, this has been a reasonable answer.. not the many words poured on this thread
Don't rejoice in the death of your enemy dear. Everyone deserves a second chance irrespective of of the person's sin. It is not our position to ask God to cut ones own short.
That we have power to bless or curse doesn't mean it's right to curse.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by fromnigeria(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
If anyone prays for his enemy (seen as fellow human) to die,he/she is neither a christian nor believer.

Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by jackzin(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
bobkezel:
God does not answer prayers, he has no business with whatever we do here. But ithink he judges.
guy if u dont knw what they contemplating on, please dnt say what u dont knw..that God does not answer prayer? you're kidding..
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by jackzin(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2016
Peritus:

Don't rejoice in the death of your enemy dear. Everyone deserves a second chance irrespective of of the person's sin. It is not our position to ask God to cut ones own short.
That we have power to bless or curse doesn't mean it's right to curse.
PLEASE do read the comment i replied again, cheers!
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ndcide(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2016
Cherryf:
Y shud u go to d shrine at d first place n at d same time u cal urself a xtian
u ar a ful tym hypocrite
d response many gv shws dt u dnt read ur bible no wonder God said my ppl perish out of ignorance
prayn for ur enemies weda to die or not depends on u n ur faith stp acusn ppl weda dey pray or not u sayn dt u r nt God dt answers prayers it depends on God...
Mind u as a xtian u hv 3enemies
ur self
ur physical enemy e.g ur neibor
ur spiritual enemy e.g witches
d one dt ppl mostly pray die is d spiritual enemy who attacks u spiritualy n vows ntn works for u if dey dnt die u cnt succeed in life
its ur physical enemy who may hate u out of jealousy dt u pray dt God wil forgv dm
mind u sp. Enemies myt cm as family bkgrnd cases..folw folw demons..spiritual husband..spirit of failure n backwardness
pls if u dnt read ur bible stop decievn odas wit ur canality
remain blessd

Forget the @op, for some of us who have seen people do powerful occultic manipulation in our presence, on people and it happened. Because a teacher flogged his son, and another for office position. It happened just like that. Will not be interested in a topic question with a made up mind.

When boko haram is killing church members, you attack by by rebuke and powerful instructions.

Jesus rebuked the storm, the storm was an enemy.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by princy80(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2016
I know most comments are made with reference to some churches most notably MFM and I'm going to ask certain questions. Do these churches mention names of their enemies e.g mama nkechi die by fire? Do they pray against the flesh or the spirit behind? Now, the problem lies in d heart of the so-called believer who bears hatred for his/her neighbour while praying such prayers.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by donj84: 11:48am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

Matt 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. So what are we binding here, is it a demon you can't see or even know. On a second thought, if a thief come to your house, since the bibel didn't say u shud crucify them, you just sit and chill while they deal with you and even when you catch them, you just give them mineral and pounded yam because the bible said you should treat your neighbour as yourself..the final truth, don't let anyone deceive you, anything you don't undertand, pray to God to give you answers

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by cherriex(f): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2016
I don't believe in praying for enemies to die,never felt its right cos the bible says love your enemies and do good to those who hate u,I always pray God shld protect me from them.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by magzey: 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
NO DIFFERENCE JOR !!!
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nweike1: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Famouson:
All these Mountain of Fire people sef enn grin grin
Yes o, that's us
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
In as much as I hate all this church that pray this abominable prayer, the difference is in church they only pray for their "percieved" enemy to die whereas in shrine they mainly go there to kill a good, successful man or purported enemy....
As for me, I will never attend a church that prays for any person to die. Look at it this way, if you pray for your enemy to die...what makes you think some other people aren't praying for your own demise..as you have enemies, others sees you as their enemy also.
To you saying its wrong to pray for your enemy to die, hope you won't talk another thing when the issue of Boko Haram is mentioned.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
ndcide:

Forget the @op, for some of us who have seen people do powerful occultic manipulation in our presence, on people and it happened. Because a teacher flogged his son, and another for office position. It happened just like that. Will not be interested in a topic question with a made up mind.

When boko haram is killing church members, you attack by by rebuke and powerful instructions.

Jesus rebuked the storm, the storm was an enemy.

Surely he did not ask the storm to die
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
In as much as I hate all this church that pray this abominable prayer, the difference is in church they only pray for their "percieved" enemy to die whereas in shrine they mainly go there to kill a good, successful man or purported enemy....
As for me, I will never attend a church that prays for any person to die. Look at it this way, if you pray for your enemy to die...what makes you think some other people aren't praying for your own demise..as you have enemies, others sees you as their enemy also.
To you saying its wrong to pray for your enemy to die, hope you won't talk another thing when the issue of Boko Haram is mentioned.
Evn Jesus at d point of death asked God to forgive his enemies
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by orikzz(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Yea pray 4 ur enemies to die we are in the Era of Vengeance #Holy Spirit #....Nobody can strip u of ur right....GOD of vengeance.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by onatisi(m): 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:

ironically what many Christians dont know is that they themselves are their own enemies . Until Christians start seeking and praying for wisdom ,they will keep on making mistakes.the few Christians who have devoted their time to seek wisdom and knowledge from God are the successful ones among them
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Thats exactly my point. If it happens in the church they call it miracle but outside the church they label it juju or magic. The hypocricy of the church is highest.
Aviero:
Interesting!

You'll hear prayers like: Anybody hindering my progress, die by fire!

In a shrine, you'll also meet the babalawo to kill whoever is hindering your progress.

The funny thing is that: Christians in church that pray for their enemies to die will label others who go to a different place with the same request FETISH.

Who's confusing who?
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
You missed the question. I mean when they are praying to kill. I know what the bible says. The thread is about pointing the obvious double standards of most christian churches.
Pennsylvania:
Op the two are totally different, as christians we are told by the bible to love our enemies.
Matthew 5:44 says "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by marycool18(f): 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Your own dead man-god jesus is blind and dead and dumb. And Dead!

Hey boy, you own the African shrine gods? What's your case? Let me tell it to Jesus for you? grin
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ndcide(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Surely he did not ask the storm to die
He put an end to the storm. Which means it died.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
What is "any power"? Spirits?
AnonymustME:
Op MFM never pray for the death of anyone ...... they pray for the death of "any power".... eg
any power holding down my destiny die/burn/ break e.t.c
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by skyflydocy: 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
The difference is that the devil who you meet at the shrine to help you kill your enemy wont kill your so called enemy for free....You MUST pay....when those calamities befall you just know you have started paying grin sad
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Jdesilentkiller(m): 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Evn Jesus at d point of death asked God to forgive his enemies
Exactly, but can you do same for Alqeada, Boko Haram, ISIS, Al-Shabab etc..
You see, for we humans its easy to pray for and forgive our enemies who uses diabolical means to hurt, but when we see those that can hurt us physically we turn into fire-speaking, death merchant and prayer warriors of draconian era. I have never seen any christian that prays for these terrorist to repent, all we wish for them is death! death!! death!!! And even more death even when they were killed.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
That was not in the original thread. The mention of fire in one mountain was in response to a fellow's comment.
AnonymustME:

she has to spell it out for you right? are you too dumb to read between the lines? ....she said "the church with fire on the mountain"
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
The question is clear enough. Why are churches or christians permitted to do and get away with what we would normally condemn others for?
ndcide:

You are not really asking a genuine question. So you don't need anyone to convince you.

I really don't know what you mean by praying for your enemy to die. Maybe you give examples.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Skipfr(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by icybeth(m): 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
There is no difference. Jesus says pray for your enemy to change from his or her evil ways not to pray for them to die. we all have one common enemy the devil and his demons. praying against the devil or demons acting on your follow brother or sister is not a bad prayer. When pray for your enemy to die with the intention of your own follow human to die, you are simply a murderer. And the bible says such one will not inherits God's Kingdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Should A Christian Restitute?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.