Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? (15291 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Please i am just curious how my christian friends will address this issue.
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

Just needed to express my thought.

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Famouson: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
All these Mountain of Fire people sef enn grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Kondomatic(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
I don't pray for my enemies to die, it is useless and I don't think God answers that prayer.

To answer your question, whoever prays for the death of another human being has no love in him/her, such person is worse than an unbeliever.

*Modified*

I asked a friend this question and he saiD that the real difference is that getting the desired result in a church is under probability but it is 101% guaranteed in a shrine

#LWKMD.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by theEYe21(f): 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
There is no difference my dear
Alphanancy:
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Thank you o. I just wanted to know what our fellow christians think because that is the common prayer in 80% of our churches today.
theEYe21:
There is no difference my dear

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Alphanancy: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
So you are saying that churches like the one that has fire on the mountain are evil. By the way most nigerian churches pray that way.
Kondomatic:
I don't pray for my enemies to die, it is useless and I don't think God answers that prayer.

To answer your question, whoever prays for the death of another human being has no love in him/her, such person is worse than an unbeliever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Kondomatic(m): 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Alphanancy:
So you are saying that churches like the one that has fire on the mountain are evil. By the way most nigerian churches pray that way.
Ask yourself this question. If half of the churches in Nigeria are good then why do we have so much evil in our society?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by princy80(m): 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Kondomatic:
Ask yourself this question. If half of the churches in Nigeria are good then why do we have so much evil in our society?
because evil will abound in the last days

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Kondomatic(m): 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
princy80:
because evil will abound in the last days
And because in the end, people will leave the right path and follow the one that pleases their wicked heart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by kevoh(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
If the xtian god exists and grants the prayers of xtians who pray for their enemies to die, I wonder who will remain on the earth undecided because:

1. You are one way or the other an enemy to another person, if for example you have been jealous of another person's achievements.

2. Even one can be an enemy to himself through some wrong decisions that he/she has taken which is detrimental to one's success in life.

So why not love your enemy and pray wish good for those who persecute you! You just might be wishing yourself good instead.smiley

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by johnydon22(m): 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
kevoh:
If the xtian god exists and grants the prayers of xtians who pray for their enemies to die, I wonder who will remain on the earth undecided because:

1. You are one way or the other an enemy to another person, if for example you have been jealous of another person's achievements.

2. Even one can be an enemy to himself through some wrong decisions that he/she has taken which is detrimental to one's success in life.

So why not love your enemy and pray wish good for those who persecute you! You just might be wishing yourself good instead.smiley

If there are Gods and they listen to the prayers of Men, all mankind would have quickly perished because they all pray for bad things to befall others.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Flexherbal(m): 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Kondomatic:

One like for you.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by malvisguy212: 12:14am On Mar 13, 2016
johnydon22:

If there are Gods and they listen to the prayers of Men, all mankind would have quickly perished because they all pray for bad things to befall others.
He hears our prayers,
and answers every sincere prayer if we meet
His conditions. We must not expect that every
answer will be "yes", since we are sinners and
do not always ask what is best for us.
Sometimes His answer is "No’ and sometimes it is "wait." Hebrew 10:36 say:

Hebrews 10:36
36 You need to persevere so that when you
have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

A sinner do not know the will of God, God will is more important than ours. And to the righteous; God is not bound to keep our time, that which do not come in our time may be hasten in His time. God is eternal and does not measure
time as we do. 2 Peter 3:8: "Beloved, do not
forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by princy80(m): 6:46am On Mar 13, 2016
Our prayers are only answered if they are in line with his wishes...What does it mean for someone to die? do you know God's punishment for Adam for eating d forbidden fruit is death but Adam didn't die even after many years? the word DEATH has many implications, it doesn't necessarily mean the person dies physically immediately. Happy sunday to everyone!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Peritus(m): 9:42am On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:

The truth is that it is wrong to pray for the death of our enemies. However, we are gifted with the power to bless and curse. Sometimes when someone wrongs us and we curse, we see it happening. Good ones will go back and pray for a reversal. It is wrong to pray against ur enemies. See them as helpless people who deserve God's grace for survival. God loves all of us; the "holy" and the sinner alike. I hate the "die by fire" prayer.
We should love our enemies and pray for them. Our prayer and love could be what they need to change/repent.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by opalu: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2016
"He prepares a Table before me in the PRESENCE of my enemies"
Some enemies must be present to see your greatness. Reason is that certain wicked agents of Satan prefers to die than to see you fulfil your destiny. So such, God will fire them to live and see your success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by marycool18(f): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2016
The difference lies in the 'being' that the prayer is directed to, don't joke with the shrine gods of Africa, they are blind and may even kill more than intended and goes back to kill the the person who initiated the prayer cheesy

But I know God knows how to deal with the wicked ones, sometimes you don't need to pray for them to meet their Waterloo, but for the stubborn ones that don't want you to survive or proper you tear them down by fire and let Jehovah finish him the way he wishes, who knows he may not finish him but pull a Nebuchadnezzar on him. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by miketayo(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2016
it wont work in the church, God doesnt answer such prayers

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Aviero: 9:55am On Mar 13, 2016
Interesting!

You'll hear prayers like: Anybody hindering my progress, die by fire!

In a shrine, you'll also meet the babalawo to kill whoever is hindering your progress.

The funny thing is that: Christians in church that pray for their enemies to die will label others who go to a different place with the same request FETISH.

Who's confusing who?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:

My brother, Jesus Christ should be a model for all Christians because the name Jesus means "Christ Like". Unfortunately, many churches (including Orthodox and Pentecostal churches now teach their members to pray violent prayers of life termination. When Jesus was posted with similar issues in the new testament, he gave us all the answers we need.

1) Jesus said if your someone slap you on your right cheek, turn your left cheek to them. He was preaching about perseverance (Luke 6:29)
2) Jesus taught us to pray for our enemies (Mathew 5:44)

I've seen some creepy church posters with some going as far as carrying matchet to show how serious they are. Some people may also quote Exodus 22:18 which says " suffer not a witch to live" but it Is The Witch In Us... That Must Die!

Job 24:13 (NIV) "There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its paths."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Pennsylvania: 9:55am On Mar 13, 2016
Op the two are totally different, as christians we are told by the bible to love our enemies.
Matthew 5:44 says "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by macino1(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Jesus instructed us to pray for everybody including your enemies. ."forgive me my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me" Kill the enemy is a prayer point for the old testament.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by emmyw(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2016
If you are a true christian, why must you pray for them to die?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ramalot(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2016
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
Souljeezy:
not all churches are house of God** guess u've been going to the wrong places...
God will not answer such a prayer...if you read ur Bible very well you'll not even need to ask such a question.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by elganzar(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2016
one can be publicly said,the other can't.. (??)
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2016
It's very tough challenging the status quo... many of us (myself included) have become so dogmatic to the point where even when the truth is staring so hard at us in the face, we will rather stick with our dogma. Truth is many of our pastors in churches are after their own pocket and flesh and many Christians are too scared to challenge them. Now @ the topic, there isn't muc difference, both pray for the death of a PERCEIVED Enemy. But who are you to challenge the status quo is the answer the mind gives to your question

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2016
I don't pray for my enemies to die...

I just return their wish for me ..

E.g some1 says over his dead body will he see me succeed .. I will just pray that so be it... Because I must succeed .. And since he wishes it is over his dead body, then so be it...

Or some1 going to the shrine to plan for my death or bad...I just pray in line with the psalms that he should fall into the pit which he had dug ...

Psalm 7:15

He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by emymeeky: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by tahir01(m): 9:59am On Mar 13, 2016
Pray for your enemy to change.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Feranmicharles(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2016
I dunno what tho say to this ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Natural Man, Spiritual Man Or Carnal Man? / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Should I Give My First Salary As Firstfruits Offering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.