Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP (24397 Views)

2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC / Oshiomhole To Ize-iyamu: You’ll Go To Jail First Before Probing Me / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by kenrish2(m): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2016
oloye4kay:
hope you people knw dat Rome cannot build in a day........Pdp rule for sixteen year without focus another means of generating income for nation.....and d only source of income for nation call Nigeria dose people looted.......Dis GEJ said stealing is not corruption ........
He need to be question......let dem prob him
since d history of niger tell me which politician is not corrupt y not probe people like babangida, tinubu, ameachi or obj. Before probing jonathan
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Maicash: 9:29am On Mar 13, 2016
It's a Golden opportunity for Jonathan, if it eventually happens,to clear his name considering the billions of $ squandered wastefully during his regime. Atleast it will clear the air and set a good precedence that nobody is above the law.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by jaunt: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2016
Hello friend, my name is Sherif and I'm with my friend, Toyib. We're working on a community project that affects students and the university community. We are building something that can make directing complaints to the right quarters easier.
So, we want you to spare us a minute of your time to fill this Google form. It's very easy. Here's the link:

http:///forms/D0eRQlWeg2
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by pamsnod: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2016
Ha ha, lets be frank, this is unaceptable that buhari is selective if a man is just, he will offend his friends that are not in ally with justice...probe all other ex--- say baba, u must be probed
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by freeDR(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
It's warped reasoning like this that has made sure Nigeria remains backward. Youths have sold their body and soul to corruption, defending indefeasibility and accepting mediocre performance from their leaders.

For any sane and well informed person to still claim no money has been recovered from some arrested looters is a sign of unrivaled stupidity. And for anyone to think that because no one has been jailed so far means that the war on corruption is not being won is a sign of idiocy.

The fact that these looters are iN court already and sleeping in common prisons because they can't meet their stringent bail conditions should leave no one in doubt as to what awaits them at the end of the day.

Boy, FYI, PMB will revive the economy which is the only area he's struggling with of all his campaign promises. And the good thing is, he has enough time to turn things around.

You won't get a reply if you don't make sense again.
Should you be so abusive? Guy, you are a mental case.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by linusbnn(m): 10:08am On Mar 13, 2016
OreMI22:
PDP has set a bad precedent already by allowing all they allowed.

GEJ should be probed.
Not necessarily because he stole, but to clear his name and reiterate that nobody is above the law.

What about Tinubu and Amaechi who while in office knew that wike stole money and killed pple but kept quiet?
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by alladinov: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2016
kenrish2:
since d history of niger tell me which politician is not corrupt y not probe people like babangida, tinubu, ameachi or obj. Before probing jonathan
my question is what stop GEJ from probing Babangida, Tinubu, Obj and co?
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Misterdhee1(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2016
Na only for Naija, "probing an ex-president is bad precedent"..
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by stanley000: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2016
well in as much as I like the probing parade those ministers are very right though,an ex president sitting trial tend to degrade a country in the world's eyes
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by ccasilas(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2016
Brazilian police raided the home of former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva early Friday morning to bring him in for questioning for the sprawling corruption case centered on the oil giant Petrobras.
"No one is exempt from investigation in this country," said public prosecutor Carlos Fernando dos Santos Lima. "Anyone in Brazil is subject to be investigated when there are indications of a crime."
Brazilian former president (2003-2011) Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva participating in the 12th Congress of the Brazilian Workers Union (CUT) in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, on August 28, 2015. DOUGLAS MAGNO.
Police turned up Friday morning at multiple addresses belonging to the Silva family, including his residence near Sao Paulo and the Instituto Lula, his nonprofit organization, according to statements at a press conference. Silva,the country's most towering political figure - he was mainly known as "Lula" - and two of his sons were brought in for questioning, according to officials in Curitiba, where the Petrobras probe is centered.

Acting on a warrant that required Silva to answer questions in the probe, he was taken to the federal police station at Sao Paulo's Congonhas airport. The Instituto Lula's spokesman, Jose Chrispiniano, said Silva's questioning had wrapped up after nearly four hours, but it was not immediately clear whether the former leader had left the airport.

Opponents to former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva demonstrate in front of a Federal Police station in the airport of Congonhas, Sao Paulo, Brazil on March 4, 2016. Police searched the home of Brazil's powerful ex-president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and detained him for questioning Friday in a probe into a huge corruption scheme.
Officials said they were looking into 30 million Brazilian reais ($8.12 million) in payments for speeches and donations to the Instituto Lula by top construction firms - crucial players in the Petrobras corruption scheme. They were also looking into whether renovations and other work at a country house and beachfront apartment used by Silva and his family constituted favors in exchange for political benefit. also Petrobras posts $2.1B charge linked to scandal

In a statement, the Lula Institute said "nothing justified" the morning's events and denied any wrongdoing.

"The Instituto Lula reaffirms that Lula never hid patrimony or received undue advantages either before, during or after governing the country," the statement said, referring to the former leader by the nickname.

Silva himself last week denounced suggestions of personal corruption, accusing the media and opposition of spreading "lies, leaks and accusations of criminality."

Clashes broke out between Silva's supporters and detractors outside the ex-president's apartment in Sao Bernardo do Campo and Brazil's GloboNews network showed crowds at Congonhas airport as well, with several hundred Workers' Party supporters chanting pro-Silva slogans.

Lima said the decision to take Silva in for questioning was made for security reasons, to avoid demonstrations and other obstructions.

Silva, a plainspoken former union leader, was among the most revered leaders in Brazilian history when he left office in 2010, leaving the post in the hands of his chosen successor, Dilma Rousseff. He has made no secret of his continued presidential aspirations, saying he was mulling a run for the office in 2018.

Silva's Workers' Party reacted angrily, saying in a Twitter post, "we all must react now," with a hashtag reading "LulaPoliticalPrisoner." The party later removed the hashtag, but has renewed calls for sympathizers to take to the streets in support of Silva.

Federal police officers stand in front of the apartment building that former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva lived in Sao Bernardo do Campo
In a video address, the party's president, Rui Falcao, denounced Friday's actions as "a political spectacle that shows what the true character of this operation is."

The summons of Silva also brings the sprawling probe closer to Rousseff, though the once-close allies have visibly distanced themselves in recent months. Details: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/brazilian-police-raid-ex-president-lula-s-home-corruption-probe-n531826
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by ccasilas(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2016
stanley000:
well in as much as I like the probing parade those ministers are very right though,an ex president sitting trial tend to degrade a country in the world's eyes

I think no, but make Nigeria look better in the eyes of the world and send signal to those yahoo yahoo world leader that bend under corrupted politician to defraud us. is Brazil president not facing his corruption charges against him? presently he is in detention
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by jayceekaJ(f): 10:34am On Mar 13, 2016
Lol... #sipswine. Jealous set of people. Just because he didn't fall after he lost as you all planned. Take a seat already and get Nigeria back to normal. Not some probing shit
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Aawizdom(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Godjone:
This illiterate president will go down in history as one of the unfortunate thing to have happened to the country

u said u support palestine state and western Sahara, but you call the one happening in ur home a joker.

Try and arrest jonathan and see this country burn.

Useless cattle herder
Burn?? thats always what u r yelling. If jona loose, nja will be history,if if if...
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by stanley000: 10:48am On Mar 13, 2016
ccasilas:

I think no, but make Nigeria look better in the eyes of the world and send signal to those yahoo yahoo world leader that bend under corrupted politician to defraud us. is Brazil president not facing his corruption charges against him? presently he is in detention
you might think so but we will end up creating a reason for others to reduce their confidence in us. remember never to wash your dirty linens outside
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Jokkarm: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2016
I repeat nobody should prob GEJ. like somebody said , if our national budget was MAL handled , will buhari be probed? Is not people under him should be punished? Any person or group of persons tgat is calling on buhari to prob GEJ should know that no president will be an everlasting president , also it should be noted that probing him will creat more problem to the country.
Buhari should prob and execute those under former president . We are waiting , we are watching , we want to see corrupt public officers in jail.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Angeltoyo(f): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2016
grin
diasporaman:
Mama peace vision of going to kirikiri to give Oga Jonah food is about to manifest.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by kenrish2(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
alladinov:

my question is what stop GEJ from probing Babangida, Tinubu, Obj and co?
its only buhary dat runs a probing government not every body have tym for the probing game dat yields no result, gej did not probe anybody if u choose to probe then probe bt Dnt be selective
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by goodvision12(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2016
I never see this kind of party anywhere in the world.I hate this party called Apc with passion.Why are just trying to rubbish the image of this man.since this govt came into power it has done nothing but probing.I have not even seen the positive effects of all the probes.The change it has brought to nigerians is untold suffering and calamities.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
What Ebenezer Babatope is quoted to have said is a very sad commentary on the turn-coat he had become standing with the masses and folks who deprecate misgovernment. The need to avoid humiliating a person entrusted with public office is more paramount than calling on the fellow to account for his actions in office. Ha! Babatope has depreciated in septic digits!!!
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by kolaaderin: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
bettercreature:
It's wrong to probe ex-president,the circle will never end and Buhari should be ready to end up in Jail
Who cares if he also ends up in jail after his term. This is good for Nigerians, u will never contest for presidency if u don't have nothing to offer rather than to open n our treasury to all kind of rapist like GEJ did.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Kingspin(m): 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hatred, another national problem of this country.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Ayodee2(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
I wonder why we are always not sincere in this country. We all clamour for development and say we loathe corruption yet we're the first to defend our corrupt leaders.

If GEJ is found culpable why not? if the next governments after GMB found him culpable, why not? We all want to enjoy the good of the Europe/America yet we don't want to copy the good behaviour of her citizens. How many Europeans and Americans will support a corrupt leader?

And down there in our street and locality, where a petty thieves are caught, we will be the first among several others who will shout kill him, burn him alive. At that point, his name and tribe is irrelevant, his reasons for stealing is inconsequential.

Yet, we're all here talking of precedence. Which precedent is better than wiping out corruption in our dear country? and making our leaders conscious of the fact that, one day they will be call to account for there misdeed.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Jacko1(m): 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ah ah ah buhari you want to probe jonathan.... And have hom remanded in kuje prison witout bail shey...

We are watchin you in high definition.... But you wine and dine with obadanjo....pls tell me hw dis man is not malicious stupid arrogant pernicious.... Most silly president ever.... Senate and rep i expect u guys to call him to order
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by phemybof(m): 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
donpress36:
POLITICIANS

Am an innocent. I rule without stealing public funds.

SUPPORTER

I trust you my role model. Go to court and prove to them my master

POLITICIANS

See this idiot. Court ko, court ni ... I will only arrange some money for IPOB members to start protesting and give the WAILERS #1,000 each to buy Osogbo weed and Origin. Then am Good to go.

grin grin grin
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by ozoemenaca: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
The probe should start with Buhari and his cohorts even during when he was PTDF boss then after you can probe Jonathan. Nonsense
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by kuuljay(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
O
Godjone:
This illiterate president will go down in history as one of the unfortunate thing to have happened to the country

u said u support palestine state and western Sahara, but you call the one happening in ur home a joker.

Try and arrest jonathan and see this country burn.

Useless cattle herder
hey chest beater!!! You said the same thing will happen if nnamdi kanu is arrested, where is he today!!! Even Street protests you no longer have the courage to do, last time I checked IPOB has resulted to prayer grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by kalohkaloh: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
This Bode George and PDP obsession with Tinubu is pitiable! Why not clamour for conclusion of EFCC probes of ex PDP governors now fouling the hallow Senate Chambers? Probing Jonathan will help to reveal many shady deals that almost killed Nigeria as a nation!! My annoyance grew tremendously when I heard that Jonathan authorised the release of billions of naira for prayers in Saudi Arabia!!! And some demented minds are saying he should not be probed. This is why Nigeria is so backward even in this 21st Century! He should face a thorogh probe please.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Awoofawo(m): 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
v
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I Comment My Reserve cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
donpress36:
POLITICIANS

Am an innocent. I rule without stealing public funds.

SUPPORTER

I trust you my role model. Go to court and prove to them my master

POLITICIANS

See this idiot. Court ko, court ni ... I will only arrange some money for IPOB members to start protesting and give the WAILERS #1,000 each to buy Osogbo weed and Origin. Then am Good to go.

grin grin grin
And also send militant to bomb pipeline
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
buskie13:
pls tell buhari to gives us light and fuel..is it that hard to do
U think is that easy to be president of Nigeria, u think u can u can generate 120 thousand mage Watt within one yr, u think u can build refinery within one yr, u think to be president is mouth. I bet if u were in buhari shoe's things will be worst. All we can do is pray and support the current administration.
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by emmykk(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
It's warped reasoning like this that has made sure Nigeria remains backward. Youths have sold their body and soul to corruption, defending indefeasibility and accepting mediocre performance from their leaders.

For any sane and well informed person to still claim no money has been recovered from some arrested looters is a sign of unrivaled stupidity. And for anyone to think that because no one has been jailed so far means that the war on corruption is not being won is a sign of idiocy.

The fact that these looters are iN court already and sleeping in common prisons because they can't meet their stringent bail conditions should leave no one in doubt as to what awaits them at the end of the day.

Boy, FYI, PMB will revive the economy which is the only area he's struggling with of all his campaign promises. And the good thing is, he has enough time to turn things around.

You won't get a reply if you don't make sense again.
when will he revive the economy or was he given 50yrs mandate?
Re: Probing Ex-president Jonathan Will Be Bad Precedent — PDP by buskie13(m): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
charliboy654:

U think is that easy to be president of Nigeria, u think u can u can generate 120 thousand mage Watt within one yr, u think u can build refinery within one yr, u think to be president is mouth. I bet if u were in buhari shoe's things will be worst. All we can do is pray and support the current administration.
what are u even saying...u think to be campaigning and luring de gullible zombies like u to vote for him as President after promising u heaven on earth...u think now is not de right time for him to start fulfilling his empty promises..i give up on u..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside At The Burial Of Francis Mobolaji Odesanya / Sylva To Oshiomhole, “you Are A Liar And Mischief Maker” / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refinaries In Kogi,lagos & Bayelsa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.