Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

BloodLine - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BloodLine (7161 Views)

Short Story: Bloodline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BloodLine by Ashiat39(f): 11:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
JJ, dis suspence is killing fa, i cnt wait to read next update
Re: BloodLine by Tobadein(m): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
Jjagz, I saw a story titled 'Bloodlines' on coolval22.com, so I would love to know if it's been posted there too...

And as Rex1 has stated, nobody approved your leave of absence...
Re: BloodLine by jjagz: 4:19am On Apr 08, 2016
Oga Tobadein,

Thanks bro. Checked out the story, it's not mine. I think I've seen it here on nairaland too. just similar names.

Oga Rex1,

I no say excuse no follow. I have the story outline and direction. I just need to flesh it out. Time has been scarce. Next update will be very long I promise.

Twale
Re: BloodLine by Rex1(m): 8:24am On Apr 08, 2016
No problem boss, u can take ur time but make it count ok!
Re: BloodLine by Tobadein(m): 4:08am On Apr 12, 2016
jjagz:

Next update will be very long I promise.
The quote above will be used against you if your next update isn't long enough.
Take your time bro.
Re: BloodLine by Jesusbaby6(f): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
jjagz:
Oga Tobadein,

Thanks bro. Checked out the story, it's not mine. I think I've seen it here on nairaland too. just similar names.

Oga Rex1,

I no say excuse no follow. I have the story outline and direction. I just need to flesh it out. Time has been scarce. Next update will be very long I promise.

Twale

U want your followers to abandon the story? Update naw
Re: BloodLine by remiseyi(m): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
jjagz:
sammyendowed ashatoda Jesusbaby6 joanee20 Omotayelolu adefunke62 Ashiat39 remiseyi DandyPearl ChizzyMaris Onodray Damilola69 joanee20 Tunechi1 Cylovee Nimzzy akpobi Rex1 Tobadein David49 heemah BlizzydoDo All the ghost mode people
Thanks for appreciating my art. Y'all make me write.
Expect something tonight.

Sorry... I just seem to enjoy it from the darkside of the hall
Re: BloodLine by remiseyi(m): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
jjagz:
sammyendowed
ashatoda
Jesusbaby6
joanee20
Omotayelolu
adefunke62
Ashiat39
remiseyi
DandyPearl
ChizzyMaris
Onodray
Damilola69
joanee20
Tunechi1
Cylovee
Nimzzy
akpobi
Rex1
Tobadein
David49
heemah
BlizzydoDo
All the ghost mode people

Thanks for appreciating my art. Y'all make me write.

Expect something tonight.

Still expecting...
Re: BloodLine by Donpeteranking(m): 11:21am On Apr 18, 2016
[b][/b]HAVE BEEN OBSERVING FROM THE DARK BUT PLS BIKO NI GRACE US WITH A LONG UPDATE NA ABEG.
Re: BloodLine by jjagz: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
Good evening house.

I am truly very sorry.

First for not updating for over two weeks. Trust me, it is not intentional and I feel I owe it to my readers a little "explanation of sorts".
In addition to running a gruesome 8 to 6 academic programme, I have been in what I would rather refer to as a state of unwellness rather than sickness and for quite a while my routine has consisted of recharging on panadol during the day and crashing at night to reboot for another gruelling day.

I am getting better though. And hopefully things are easing off a bit at school.

The second apology is for the length of the update the will follow this post. It is not as long as I promised. I had written more, but I wouldn't sacrifice the story for improperly written stuff, so I cut it down.

Don't tell anybody I said it tho' but I'm also kind of emotionally messed right now. So e be like my pen wan dry. :-D . Hopefully I'll soon overcome the block too.

I truly do hope I am forgiven.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: BloodLine by jjagz: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
Present day...
Matt roared out ready to stand and fight in Beth's defence while Eli shook his head in his mind thinking of the foolishness of trying to fight the cloaked man.

The cloaked man assessed the situation. Most probable scenario was that he took out Matt in a blink of an eye, but that blink of an eye was too much time for Eli to decimate him. Besides the day was still young, he didn't want to draw attention to the werewolves. His decision was to aact the way Eli described him when he made his entrance.

He turned and ran. Disappeared more like. He was that fast.

Immediately he left, Eli struck out his staff, using it to hit Matt squarely in the stomach as he doubled over clenching his abdomen in pain while Beth recoiled and rushed to him to check him out.

"What was that for!" she screamed.

"His utter foolishness and lack of concentration"

"Damn that hurt" Matt thought as he regained his sense of orientation and sat up.

"He has been tailing you for a long time, how could you have missed that" Eli hissed at him

"I'm. ..." Matt started but was interrupted by Eli.

"Keep your apologies and explanation to yourself. Just know how you are going to work on using your senses" Eli said as he turned and started walking back into the inner part of the apartment "I need some quiet time, I need to meditate"

"Really? Right now? There are tons of questions we have to ask" Beth said

"Ask them later tonight" Eli replied calmly

"Hello. I have a home to go back to"

Eli stopped in his tracks and told her gently and solemnly
"Little one, if you want to be alive tomorrow, you will find a way to sleep in this house tonight. Your choice"
And returned to his slow match back inside, ignoring all the shouts and protests that Beth put up.

"Matt! Talk to him" she cried

"You heard him. I don't think cloak man is done with us yet" a dejected Matt answered.

Old Calabar

Immediately James set his eyes on the lady, his most primal of instincts set in and no one at the table could miss the immediate glow to his normally dull eyes that followed. His original host Ini noticed and threw an arm over his shoulder and drew him in like a brother but expecting an almost immediately rebuff as he teased him

"Ekamba Owo, have you seen anything that you liked?"

Surprisingly, James had no snide remark or nasty comment for him. He just looked at Ini and turned back in the direction of the maiden he had just seen and noticed that she had left. Although his first thought was to burst out at Ini for making him loose sight of her, he simply did nothing.

That shocked Ini.

But it shocked James himself even more. He had to meet this lady that had frozen him from all instincts but one.

Ini saw this as an opportunity to present the captured maiden from the hinterlands to James and took it immediately. And talking to James and convincing him to accompany him to this "gift" was surprisingly too easy for a person like James. Ini was getting shocked and scared.

James on the other hand decided to play along with Ini because of the very almost impossible slim chance that this "gift" might be the damsel he saw. He knew his pack very well and judging form the inconsequential and juvenile activities Ini liked to engage in for leisure that might be a possibility. The other reason was that even if that was not what Ini had in store, it presented him with an opportunity to explore the place. He couldn't have gone waltzing around on his own. He never deluded himself about his role or position at Duke Town. They needed him, were scared of him even but did no trust him a bit. Who could blame them. So going around the compound of an Elder with no other viable explanation would have started an implosion, non that would have had any deleterious effects on him however. Except that he may never have the chance to see her again.

As they moved around the compound, all his senses were on alert for any aura of hers, nothing came up. But when Ini stopped in front of an hut and began yapping on, James believed him his mind that she was in there. He knew that Ini would only have her in mind as a present for the gratification of desires of the flesh, he wanted to know the damsel, know what made her eyes sparkle the way they did, breathe in her fresh aura, watch her smile and oh so much more. It was very abnormal thinking for him, James knew this. But he couldn't help himself

He was broken away from his reverie when Ini finally finished yapping. From which he had not heard a single word and began opening the door as James held his breath and waited for his life to enter a new phase.

Alas he was shocked when he finally stepped him and saw a totally different lady on the beddings in the hut. She was adorned in wears that would have made even the most risqué of the London kept ladies he had seen in his time as a slave blush.

The change was instant. Ini saw the glow in his eyes disappear almost like PHCN takes light and watched as his jaws locked and the old hard faced James came back. It was almost as if he had been awoken from a trance and Ini began to wonder what kind of magic or spells those hinterland people hand used on James. Because the man seemed like he as going to explode.

The mischievous smirk on his face gone, Ini with a lot of outward bravado but a lot of inward trepidation asked James

"What is wrong?"

James offered no reply. He just turned and walked away. Ini was not surprised, he was rather somewhat relieved. That was the James he knew.

He laughed it off and went back to join the table.

If only he knew that James was uncontrollably attracted to his betrothed.

"Mother! I'm just going to the hostel for two days. Not going off to the moon" Beth cried out in exasperation as her Mom went over all her inventory for the two days away.

She had managed to convince her Mom that she wanted to go and spend the next two days in the hostel with Rose and Steph her new friends because of her early morning lectures and besides her Mom was almost always on the night shift so she felt lonely at home.

All the other arguments held no water to Beth's Mom, also named Elizabeth, but more fondly called Lizzy. But when she mentioned being lonely at home Lizzy let it go. Because she knew it would eventually led to them arguing about how theirs was not a fully normal family and if only she knew her Dad, things might be different. She didn't want to have that argument with Beth about her Dad, especially not with her friends present.

She just couldn't tell Beth yet, she wouldn't understand.

Reaching the school gate, Beth parted ways with Rose and Steph, deflecting every possible question from them about where she was spending her night. She would give them the juices the next morning. Or never. They finally agreed that knowing later was better than not knowing.

Taking a cab, she doubled back to a street close to her home, ensuring that they weren't following her before proceeding to Matt and Eli's.

As she stood on the front porch and rang the bell, she wondered what terrors awaited them as the night came.

A cloaked figure watched her intensely, only turning aways once she had gotten into the house.

And No, he didn't have a crescent shaped scar.

1 Like

Re: BloodLine by Donpeteranking(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=jjagz post=44822388]Good evening house.

I am truly very sorry.

First for not updating for over two weeks. Trust me, it is not intentional and I feel I owe it to my readers a little "explanation of sorts".
In addition to running a gruesome 8 to 6 academic programme, I have been in what I would rather refer to as a state of unwellness rather than sickness and for quite a while my routine has consisted of recharging on panadol during the day and crashing at night to reboot for another gruelling day.

I am getting better though. And hopefully things are easing off a bit at school.

The second apology is for the length of the update the will follow this post. It is not as long as I promised. I had written more, but I wouldn't sacrifice the story for improperly written stuff, so I cut it down.

Don't tell anybody I said it tho' but I'm also kind of emotionally messed right now. So who broke ur heart na?(joke o)
Re: BloodLine by joanee20(f): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
finally you updated...get well soon from any stress o..emotionally or otherwise..take care
Re: BloodLine by ChizzyMaris(f): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
Awesome. Feed us more.
Re: BloodLine by Rex1(m): 7:11am On Apr 21, 2016
Welll thanks 4 the update because like them say, "Atall atall nah im bad pass", wishing all the best though.
Re: BloodLine by AbooTasleemah1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
Biko, the next update shouldn't be long bro
Re: BloodLine by jjagz: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
In case any one finds his way here

I really did have he whole story figured out. Then my phone was stolen back then and I just zoned out.

Reading this after all these years with no has opened my eyes to how my readers enjoyed it.

I will try and finish this story.

And I will only start posting when the story is finished, so they will never be another break in transmission.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Diamond / Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - / War Of Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.