Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. (3233 Views)

USA Based Bianka Peace Johnson Call On Igbos To Shun Biafra Agitation / Shippers Shun Lifting Nigeria’s Crude / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
It is so saddening to note that most people here comment on posts according to the tribes of the subject matter.

Whenever celebrities or politicians' pictures are posted for one thing or the other you see some people criticising it simple because those people are not from their tribes.

Also, each time a crime is reported, most people are only after bashing the tribe of the suspect(s) as if there are no criminals in their villages. Even the Bible says that evil people are everywhere.

The other day I saw a post where someone called all people from a particular tribe killers just because it was reported that one of them butchered another with a machete'.

Please let's behave like the educated fellows that we are supposed to be.

I went to UNILAG and I tell you what: apart from our surnames, there was no way one could differentiate our tribes as we all co-operated with one another without any discrimination.

Please let us stop acting like people from the caves.

Why all these tribalism?

A word is enough for the wise.

Long live Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by tsephanyah(f): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
tribalism come to stay in Nigeria. believe u me.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by ruggedboy01: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dream on grin cheesy wink

Kukuma marry ur hubby well, don't come here crying and regretting when he's done with u sad angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Elchappo: 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
OP, tell those stories to ur kid..

Are we one Yet my brothers were killed for protesting in what they believe in..

Are we one The fulanis go on killing spree of innocent communities nd the only thing the FG will do is to Import grasses for these fulanis...

If u re here to advertise Unilag, good, we know it's a good skool..

But telling us that the tribes in Nigeria should be one, Nwanne otuto tuo gi nah Ike....

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Kondomatic(m): 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
You're wasting your time my sister. Nothing is gonna change.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Tunami(m): 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
thats naija for you, nothing can stop tribalism and ethnicity in this country.

1 Like

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by kingofchess(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
I blame buhari because he is an Hausa/Fulani man
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by bettercreature(m): 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Impossible! You've got to pay me if you really want me to stop
@OP,i miss your profile picture
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Elchappo: 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2016

Yes!!!! Call me what u like, Ban me but u can't change my conception about some tribes in Nigeria..

I ve friends from all part of Nigeria but I know those to be kept at Arms level nd those on Breast level...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
Very bad.

tsephanyah:
tribalism come to stay in Nigeria. believe u me.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Meaning what?

I bet you attent either the Redeemed Christian Church of God or Winners Chapel or Mountain of Fire.

Don't forget their G.O's are Yorubas.

ruggedboy01:
Dream on grin cheesy wink

Kukuma marry ur hubby well, don't come here crying and regretting when he's done with u sad angry

2 Likes

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
I understand you but we can start to make amends now.

About otuto ike, Nya gaaghachikwara gi n'aha Jesus, amen.

Elchappo:
OP, tell those stories to ur kid..

Are we one Yet my brothers were killed for protesting in what they believe in..

Are we one The fulanis go on killing spree of innocent communities nd the only thing the FG will do is to Import grasses for these fulanis...

If u re here to advertise Unilag, good, we know it's a good skool..

But telling us that the tribes in Nigeria should be one, Nwanne otuto tuo gi nah Ike....
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
I pray things get better.

Kondomatic:
You're wasting your time my sister. Nothing is gonna change.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
Quite pathetic. Let's not lose all hopes.

Tunami:
thats naija for you, nothing can stop tribalism and ethnicity in this country.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
I understand that Buhari is so guilty of all kinds of bigotism: tribal, religious, political but must we join him?

kingofchess:
I blame buhari because is an Hausa/Fulani man
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Kondomatic(m): 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
I pray things get better.
I don't think God is still interested in Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bribing is prohibited in my church.

I took the picture off abeg.

bettercreature:
Impossible! You've got to pay me if you really want me to stop
@OP,i miss your profile picture
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
What if you fall in love with a very godly, beautiful, refined Yoruba lady who has everything you want in a man? Will you let her go just because of her tribe?

By the way my cousin is married to a Kaduna Christian and they are both in Atlanta working as medical doctors and their 3 kids are doing so well.

Let's shun tribalism.

Elchappo:
OP, ur dad igbo, mum Ibibio is accepted but marrying from that Ajo Mmuo tribe makes u an Onye Uwa Mmebi..

Ur dad is sensible not to ve tried the stunt u re pulling by going to an Osu kingdom to marry a lion scratched face..

Yes!!!! Call me what u like, Ban me but u can't change my conception about some tribes in Nigeria..

I ve friends from all part of Nigeria but I know those to be kept at Arms level nd those on Breast level...
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
You dey mind am?

ruggedboy01:

bad mouth lolz cool
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stop saying that.

By the way are you from Ghana or Kenya?

Kondomatic:
I don't think God is still interested in Nigerians.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Kondomatic(m): 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
Stop saying that.
By the way are you from Ghana or Kenya?
Nigeria
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Your profile photo says otherwise. You are from Ghana.

Your hatred for Nigeria won't make you better.

Bye.

Kondomatic:
Nigeria
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by KissCODE(m): 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
Very bad.

sister... Tribalism is like racism, it cannever be stopped. Many of pretend to be less tribalistic but it is natural for one to show better sympathy to a person from his tribe. It is like we showing more sympathy to our brother(s) & sister(s) from same mother than from same father but different mother.
U cant share equal love with your neighbors son & your own son.

Now as for you. Based on what u said. U are not a full blooded Igbo or Ibibio. And in ur relationship, you also went to another tribe. Therefore you will be sympathetic to those 3tribes.
Therefore it is understandable why u wrote this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS Of Diezani’s 15-storey Mansion Worth $37.5m Uncovered In Banana Island / BOMBSHEL! Kanu Replies FG, Says "Bail Condition Is For Daura Cow, Not Me" (video / Fani Kayode Reveals Why EFCC Is Punishing Innoson Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.