Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. (3239 Views)

USA Based Bianka Peace Johnson Call On Igbos To Shun Biafra Agitation / Shippers Shun Lifting Nigeria’s Crude / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by IGBOPRINCE: 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
It is so saddening to note that most people here comment on posts according to the tribes of the subject matter.

Whenever celebrities or politicians' pictures are posted for one thing or the other you see some people criticising it simple because those people are not from their tribes.

Also, each time a crime is reported, most people are only after bashing the tribe of the suspect(s) as if there are no criminals in their villages. Even the Bible says that evil people are everywhere.

The other day I saw a post where someone called all people from a particular tribe killers just because it was reported that one of them butchered another with a machete'.

Please let's behave like the educated fellows that we are supposed to be.

I went to UNILAG and I tell you what: apart from our surnames, there was no way one could differentiate our tribes as we all co-operated with one another without any discrimination.

Please let us stop acting like people from the caves.

My dad is Igbo, my mum Ibibio, my hubby Yoruba.

Why all these tribalism?

A word is enough for the wise.

Long live Nigeria!
shey igbo guys like us don finish ni? Wey u go travel all the way from east to west.

Me no likey . Men in d east should be doing the opposite not our girls. they can't handle our women well.
Chai hope am not going bigot? grin
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
KissCODE:
sister... Tribalism is like racism, it cannever be stopped. Many of pretend to be less tribalistic but it is natural for one to show better sympathy to a person from his tribe. It is like we showing more sympathy to our brother(s) & sister(s) from same mother than from same father but different mother.
U cant share equal love with your neighbors son & your own son.

Now as for you. Based on what u said. U are not a full blooded Igbo or Ibibio. And in ur relationship, you also went to another tribe. Therefore you will be sympathetic to those 3tribes.
Therefore it is understandable why u wrote this

I understand that it's hard to stop, but we can at least tolerate one another.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by FemiFimile: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:

Like yoruba and hausa baptising each other with fire one hot afternoon in lagos? Dumb bimbo!
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mxm.

FemiFimile:

Like yoruba and hausa baptising each other with fire one hot afternoon in lagos?
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Kondomatic(m): 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
Your profile photo says otherwise.
I don't have a profile photo man
amtaken:
You are from Ghana.
I am a Nigerian ma and if you're staying in abj or suleja then let's hang out tomorrow.
amtaken:
Your hatred for Nigeria won't make you better.
I don't hate Nigeria.

amtaken:
Bye.

bye.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lol grow up abeg.

IGBOPRINCE:
shey igbo guys like us don finish ni? Wey u go travel all the way from east to west.

Me no likey . Men in d east should be doing the opposite not our girls. they can't handle our women well.
Chai hope am not going bigot? grin
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by IGBOPRINCE: 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Elchappo:
OP, ur dad igbo, mum Ibibio is accepted but marrying from that Ajo Mmuo tribe makes u an Onye Uwa Mmebi..

Ur dad is sensible not to ve tried the stunt u re pulling by going to an Osu kingdom to marry a lion scratched face..

Yes!!!! Call me what u like, Ban me but u can't change my conception about some tribes in Nigeria..

I ve friends from all part of Nigeria but I know those to be kept at Arms level nd those on Breast level...
exactly my points, she get luck sey no be my sister she be grin
Anyway nobody can ban u bro. Don't be afraid to air ur views biko.
Even though they ban me today,my manhood lives grin
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Oxenomy: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:

How can we tolerate one another when a respectable northerner like Dr. Junaid Mohammed said on air that Igbos can never be trusted with power? That Igbos will never rule Nigeria? What do you call that? People made merry of that including all APC supporters on this forum which are majorly Yorubas and Binis? What it means is that if you are opportune to be the president of Nigeria tomorrow, the north will do everything to frustrate you even if it means killing you, yes you heard me right. If you succeeded through divine intervention, they will do everything to make the country ungovernable for you which of course, they openly boasted in 2011 and they walked the talk using BH and rode on it to power. Even the current president said on openly that a fight against BH is a fight against the north.. What do you make of that? I'm not against you marrying Yoruba, your happiness is the most important thing. But issues like this can't be handled with emotion, it's really a sad reality that we have to face and I will advice you to focus more on taking care of your kids and making your hubby happy which is automatically the source of your own happiness. Issues like this should be left for we men with hardened heart, it's a sad reality but we don't have any choice.

Blessed my sister cool

4 Likes

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Oxenomy:
How can we tolerate one another when a respectable northerner like Dr. Junaid Mohammed said on air that Igbos can never be trusted with power? That Igbos will never rule Nigeria? What do you call that? People made merry of that including all APC supporters on this forum which are majorly Yorubas and Binis? What it means is that if you are opportune to be the president of Nigeria tomorrow, the north will do everything to frustrate you even if it means killing you, yes you heard me right. If you succeeded through divine intervention, they will do everything to make the country ungovernable for you which of course, they openly boasted in 2011 and they walked the talk using BH and rode on it to power. Even the current president said on openly that a fight against BH is a fight against the north.. What do you make of that? I'm not against you marrying Yoruba, your happiness is the most important thing. But issues like this can't be handled with emotion, it's really a sad reality that we have to face and I will advice you to focus more on taking care of your kids and making your hubby happy which is automatically the source of your own happiness. Issues like this should be left for we men with hardened heart, it's a sad reality but we don't have any choice.
Blessed my sister cool
You withdrew this vibes straight from my mouth and you did justice to it..

The situation we have found ourselves has gone beyond be careful...

As it stands today, Igbos have no mathematical chances of becoming President in this country and the youths are and can never be down with such equation.

You said hate, we are not the ones hating...

A particular tribe has decided that hating is their way of showing love and we are equal to the task.

As for me, this is no longer an emotional journey, but it's the reality I found myself.

When I was younger and I was in search for jobs, that was before I identified with Social Media.. I worked into an office ran by a man from a particular tribe, when the office sec. ask for my name and I told her, almost immediately I noticed this depression and disappointment on her face that she couldn't endure but informed me that the manager has Phobia for Igbos.. .What!

I ignored her anyway, since for me I posses the qualities as advertised.. I can only tell you that the lady was 100 and 10% right.

After that day I swore never to look for Job again..

Last year, after so many years I went back to that office, to my greatest surprise the man was still there and I am into almost the same business as them, but mine has serious style and level. I went into his office with the showers of welcome Sir, Good morning Sir, from the male sec. and some female staff there, quickly they directed me into their Oga office..

I didn't waist anytime to introduce myself to him and reminded him of his treatment the day I can looking for job in his office..Yet, he was still forming arrogance, but when I told him the name of my company and what I could do for them... dingg! His memory became super fast and he was so surprised that I still remembered that kind stuff.

Today, we do business together as they supply some of my products in Abuja and I help distributes their's to many states, a hieght they couldn't attain for years..

Tribalism is Nigerian..became worse after 2015 elections.. then completely take roots with Buhari utterances and a particular tribe clapping for him..

9 Likes

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by porshuch: 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
Elchappo:
OP, tell those stories to ur kid..

Are we one Yet my brothers were killed for protesting in what they believe in..

Are we one The fulanis go on killing spree of innocent communities nd the only thing the FG will do is to Import grasses for these fulanis...

If u re here to advertise Unilag, good, we know it's a good skool..

But telling us that the tribes in Nigeria should be one, Nwanne otuto tuo gi nah Ike....
you're a disgrace to the womb that carried you. What is bad in what op posted? After you will be here talking about white discrimination. You need to grow up. Why not logout of nairaland owned by a Yoruba guy, if you're practicing tribalism. Ekwe kwa Na ka mu kparia GI.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ok, thanks. Be blessed too.

Oxenomy:

Blessed my sister cool
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
The funny picture on your profile has Ghana on display. Go check.

Kondomatic:
I don't have a profile photo manI am a Nigerian ma and if you're staying in abj or suleja then let's hang out tomorrow.
I don't hate Nigeria.

bye.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
Rude soul.

FemiFimile:

Like yoruba and hausa baptising each other with fire one hot afternoon in lagos? Dumb bimbo!
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Kondomatic(m): 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
The funny picture on your profile has Ghana on display. Go check.

You're obviously mistaken me for someone else. I have never uploaded a profile picture on this account.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
Not your picture, the one which says someone was asked to fly and he forgot he flies at night. Check the country name on the picture. Stop feigning ignorant. Kachifo.

Kondomatic:
You're obviously mistaken me for someone else. I have never uploaded a profile picture on this account.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Kondomatic(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
Not your picture, the one which says someone was asked to fly and he forgot he flies at night. Check the country name on the picture. Stop feigning ignorant. Kachifo.

Lekwanum Nwannem nwanyi. So i na asụrụ onye ghanna igbo? Ngwanụ chekie my profile ka imara ma obu na ghana ka m noro zuo otu bagi pure water na ọnụ nari abou.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
I don't think God is still interested in Nigerians.
LMFAAAO
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amuokuko: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
I understand you but we can start to make amends now.

About otuto ike, Nya gaaghachikwara gi n'aha Jesus, amen.

Otuto amu sent to ur hubby n'aha chisos
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by KissCODE(m): 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:

dear it is “not“ hard to stop; it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop because it is AGAINST nature & natural tendency.

Well we have been torerating one another but there is no way one be very truthful without making someone somewhere feel very bad. But i think the only thing we can do adults is to learn how to overlook somethings and move on with LIVES.

1 Like

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amuokuko: 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
porshuch:
you're a disgrace to the womb that carried you. What is bad in what op posted? After you will be here talking about white discrimination. You need to grow up. Why not logout of nairaland owned by a Yoruba guy, if you're practicing tribalism. Ekwe kwa Na ka mu kparia GI.

Nwanne, in ur live nd next, u can't even speak in my presence nd not get stitched..

Ewu ndi Ofe mmanu.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by donjazzydon: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
exactly my points, she get luck sey no be my sister she be grin
Anyway nobody can ban u bro. Don't be afraid to air ur views biko.
Even though they ban me today,my manhood lives ; grin

LWKMDFH! Na real onye uwa Mmebi!
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by porshuch: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
amuokuko:

Nwanne, in ur live nd next, u can't even speak in my presence nd not get stitched..

Ewu ndi Ofe mmanu.
you sound like your moniker amuokuko. Mkpi awusa. Wasted sperm
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by IGBOPRINCE: 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
donjazzydon:

LWKMDFH! Na real onye uwa Mmebi!
bro na u be uwa mmebi.
Watsup nwanne muo ?
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amuokuko: 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
porshuch:
you sound like your moniker amuokuko. Mkpi awusa. Wasted sperm

YES!!! Am Amu Okuko..

But I must tell you, u re a product of combined sperm..

Could it be rape
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
It is well.

KissCODE:
dear it is “not“ hard to stop; it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop because it is AGAINST nature & natural tendency.

Well we have been torerating one another but there is no way one be very truthful without making someone somewhere feel very bad. But i think the only thing we can do adults is to learn how to overlook somethings and move on with LIVES.
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ihe ojoo nile I kwugoro n'isi m na Ezi n'ulo m ma Nke I ka ga-ekwu naghachitere gi ugboro million n'aha JesusChrist, amen. Otu a ka o ga-adigide and onweghi ihe nwere ike ikwusi ya n'aha Jesus Christ of Nazareth the great nwa Nke Chukwu, amen.

amuokuko:

Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amuokuko: 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
amtaken:
Ihe ojoo nile I kwugoro n'isi m na Ezi n'ulo m ma Nke I ka ga-ekwu naghachitere gi ugboro million n'aha JesusChrist, amen. Otu a ka o ga-adigide and onweghi ihe nwere ike ikwusi ya n'aha Jesus Christ of Nazareth the great nwa Nke Chukwu, amen.

quote author=amuokuko post=43743988]

Umughi ga bu Imbecilesssssss...
Re: A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism. by amtaken(f): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hmnnnnn, o kwa copy and paste ka I no na-emere m ebea? Ana m enyo gi na D Nke ano. Ka m chia ochi biko lol.

Kondomatic:
Lekwanum Nwannem nwanyi. So i na asụrụ onye ghanna igbo? Ngwanụ chekie my profile ka imara ma obu na ghana ka m noro zuo otu bagi pure water na ọnụ nari abou.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Mrs Fayose Tells Her Husband To Hand Over To Dr. Kayode Fayemi / BREAKING NEWS: Imohimi Edgal To Step Down As Lagos’ CP / Northern Youth Beatup Buharist Who Came To Campaign For Buhari 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.