Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,178 members, 7,835,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth (1787 Views)

My Husband Has Big Useless Manhood, Can’t Go More Than 1 Round - Zimbabwean Lady / Boy Writes “I Will Never Hit A Woman In My Life Especially My Sister”. See Why / "Your Husband Has Been Having Sex With Me" - 13-Year-Old Maid Tells Her Madam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by Twinkie8: 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
I need help. My husband of 9 years is emotionally abusive, it's a kind of abuse that I don't know how to explain, has never
hit me but his body language when he doesn't approve of my action, it can make anyone feel so worthless. We do not talk about anything, if we manage to talk, it's never about us, it must be just general discussions about the news or someone. I have tried severally to make him realize that we need to also have discussions about "our family" but I don't know, he just doesn't understand or doesn't care. On Saturdays,he spends hours in the room watching movies on the computer. He yells at me and the kids ( 3, 5 and cool when he speaks and he spends very little time with the children. Whenever they need his attention, he says " I'm very busy can you go tell your mummy what you want"?
I am afraid to even have a brief separation because of financial reasons. I've told him he needs help but he won't believe me. I know he refuses to get help because he is obsessed with money , hates to spend it. He doesn't like to see me spend either. I earn little compared to him but he gets too interested with how I spend my own money. He will yell at me if I buy things for the children's lunchboxes, like he feels they only need food and water, when I add snacks and he sees, his faces changes, he may not react then but a little mistake after that and he goes short tempered and yelling but me I kn ow what he is yelling about at that moment is not the real reason for the outbursts. We can't touch things in the house that he feels are his. I have never heard of a father who places boundaries and refers to things as "mine" instead of "ours' His corner is a no go as he won't say that but his body language spells that and then we all are careful, like walking on egg shells.
I actually hate him sometimes. I feel sad for my kids. He had a bad family life and does not know how to be a father, He never had a father figure in his life as he lost his dad quite early and grew up with mom who never remarried, I guess that is the reason for his being the way that he is. There was no father figure to guide and be his role model growing up, but that I sometimes feel should not be a reason for being cruel and unkind.
I have bought him books on successful parenting, marriage and family life, how to be
SOURCE: www.wivestownhallconnection.com
Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Too bad the love he had for you is long gone.
Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Twinkie8:
I need help. My husband of 9 years is emotionally abusive, it's a kind of abuse that I don't know how to explain, has never
hit me but his body language when he doesn't approve of my action, it can make anyone feel so worthless. We do not talk about anything, if we manage to talk, it's never about us, it must be just general discussions about the news or someone. I have tried severally to make him realize that we need to also have discussions about "our family" but I don't know, he just doesn't understand or doesn't care. On Saturdays,he spends hours in the room watching movies on the computer. He yells at me and the kids ( 3, 5 and cool when he speaks and he spends very little time with the children. Whenever they need his attention, he says " I'm very busy can you go tell your mummy what you want"?
I am afraid to even have a brief separation because of financial reasons. I've told him he needs help but he won't believe me. I know he refuses to get help because he is obsessed with money , hates to spend it. He doesn't like to see me spend either. I earn little compared to him but he gets too interested with how I spend my own money. He will yell at me if I buy things for the children's lunchboxes, like he feels they only need food and water, when I add snacks and he sees, his faces changes, he may not react then but a little mistake after that and he goes short tempered and yelling but me I kn ow what he is yelling about at that moment is not the real reason for the outbursts. We can't touch things in the house that he feels are his. I have never heard of a father who places boundaries and refers to things as "mine" instead of "ours' His corner is a no go as he won't say that but his body language spells that and then we all are careful, like walking on egg shells.
I actually hate him sometimes. I feel sad for my kids. He had a bad family life and does not know how to be a father, He never had a father figure in his life as he lost his dad quite early and grew up with mom who never remarried, I guess that is the reason for his being the way that he is. There was no father figure to guide and be his role model growing up, but that I sometimes feel should not be a reason for being cruel and unkind.
I have bought him books on successful parenting, marriage and family life, how to be
SOURCE: www.wivestownhallconnection.com

shocked shocked for a moment there I actually thought you were married! grin tongue

tell the lady and her husband to try marriage counseling wink

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by Pearlmarvy: 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Very simple,you gives him all the attention in the world and he has taken it for granted, try not to correct him anymore he needs a space. keep off to his things completely do as if when ever you go close to them you Will be dead and when he is not getting the corrections and attention, he will come back to you guys.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
DH is definitely cheating on you! shocked
Someone else is milking all the love and attention he's supposed to show you
And unfortunately, it's affecting your kids
I'm not going to even judge or condemn him, but he needs serious spanking angry
Maybe you should tie him to a chair and scream your lungs out about how he's making you feel
But on a more serious note, try and communicate with him. If need be, get his family's attention and tell them about his goatish attitude
And please do not fight fire with fire
continue to be nice to him
but don't overwhelm him with niceness
Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by Qualer: 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Fabulocity:
DH is definitely cheating on you! shocked
Someone else is milking all the love and attention he's supposed to show you
And unfortunately, it's affecting your kids
I'm not going to even judge or condemn him, but he needs serious spanking angry
Maybe you should tie him to a chair and scream your lungs out about how he's making you feel
But on a more serious note, try and communicate with him. If need be, get his family's attention and tell them about his goatish attitude
And please do not fight fire with fire
continue to be nice to him
but don't overwhelm him with niceness

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by YourCoffin: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
Chai! Na my papa be this o. The only difference is that he spends money and it must be him that will do the spending. How we survived is what I can't tell

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by lesbiangirl(f): 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2016

I am afraid to even have a brief separation because of financial reasons.

Atleast you're being honest...unlike some that will lie they're staying for the kids tongue.

I suggest you ignore him, he's having that much effect on you because you've attached alot of relevance on him. Separation isn't needed because he won't feel it. Stay in your home and ignore the living day out of his life and watch him squirm!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by bennyrazz: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
it's a good thing you bought him books on how to be a successful parent, partner and stuff but my own question to the OP is why indulge us in this story when she knew the problem and the possible answers to the problem?
Re: My Husband Has Never Hit Me, But His Body Language Can Make Any Woman Feel Worth by Jennifer89(f): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
no need to advice after seeing the source...

(1) (Reply)

Coming Soon Cultural Heritage Tour To Ghana In September. / 5 Reasons Why It's Important To Put Your Spouse Before Your Parents / Help My Family Is Getting Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.