Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Is The Craving Not Too Early? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Craving Not Too Early? (4505 Views)

How Can I Control My Sex Craving Toward My Wife / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 6:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
We are expectant as my better half is carrying our first fruit at the moment. Recently I noticed her love for beverages has increased. I was surprised when she told me that a big tin of milo is finished and sent me out in the rain to get her a replacement.

As I type this right now, she is seeing a movie in the sitting room with a big tin of milo glued to her hands licking and smiling like is her wedding day.

Secondly, she has become troublesome over night and can disturb a whole lot. Though I am not bothered about her troubles but her recent excessive love for milo.

Should I be worried? Will it have any effect on her?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
Please and please, make her stop! Milo? Tell her about the horrors of tearing up badly during childbirth. You can introduce fruits and salad, her cravings might change.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Enypie:
Please and please, make her stop! Milo? Tell her about the horrors of tearing up badly during childbirth. You can introduce fruits and salad, her cravings might change.

Thanks, will do just that. That's exactly my fear

1 Like

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
richy:

As I type this right now, she is seeing a movie in the sitting room with a big tin of milo glued to her hands licking and smiling like is her wedding day.

richy:

richy:

Lol, this got me laughing really. You are very hilarious. I am not a mother yet so I can't really say what I will crave for when I am pregnant so I can't blame her,it's what she wants at the moment. but I do know that taking beverages like Milo, bournvita and the likes ain't too good for an expectant mother because I think I have heard people say it makes the baby big and I was opportuned to witness my mum when she was pregnant with our last born then although I was still a lil young but I can remember she avoided beverages at that stage even with that she ended up birthing the big headed boy with a Cs,so I don't think it's too good for her but mothers in the house can shed more light on it and I think we have a medical doctor on this section who helps in giving advice, I think his moniker is thorpido. I wish your wife a stress free pregnancy and also wish her a safe delivery and also pray that the arrival of the baby will bring you wonderful blessings you don't expect. Congratulations bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
richyblink1:
We are expectant as my better half is carrying our first fruit at the moment. Recently I noticed her love for beverages has increased. I was surprised when she told me that a big tin of milo is finished and sent me out in the rain to get her a replacement.

Secondly, she has become troublesome over night and can disturb a whole lot. Though I am not bothered about her troubles but her recent excessive love for milo.

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by harbeordune(f): 7:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
Cravings,at wat G.A?
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Lol, this got me laughing really. You are very hilarious. I am not a mother yet so I can't really say what I will crave for when I am pregnant so I can't blame her,it's what she wants at the moment. but I do know that taking beverages like Milo, bournvita and the likes ain't too good for an expectant mother because I think I have heard people say it makes the baby big and I was opportuned to witness my mum when she was pregnant with our last born then although I was still a lil young but I can remember she avoided beverages at that stage even with that she ended up birthing the big headed boy with a Cs,so I don't think it's too good for her but mothers in the house can shed more light on it and I think we have a medical doctor on this section who helps in giving advice, I think his moniker is thorpido. I wish your wife a stress free pregnancy and also wish her a safe delivery and also pray that the arrival of the baby will bring you wonderful blessings you don't expect. Congratulations bro.

Amen! Thanks
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
harbeordune:
Cravings,at wat G.A?

Can you be elaborate as I do not understand you
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Kondomatic(m): 7:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
I am the owner of this plot
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Creamish(f): 7:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
It will make her baby very big...she needs to tone it down oo... U are right to be very worried. Mood swings are a sign..be patient wit her. Stock ur fridge wit fruits.

U can tell ur wife's gynae about it so he/she can advise her on the repercussion. I'm sure she will listen.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
Creamish:
It will make her baby very big...she needs to tone it down oo... U are right to be very worried. Mood swings are a sign..be patient wit her. Stock ur fridge wit fruits.

U can tell ur wife's gynae about it so he/she can advise her on the repercussion. I'm sure she will listen.

Congrats!

Been singing it as a song that she will be fat, but she won't listen. Thanks
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by harbeordune(f): 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
richyblink1:

Sorry, wat Gestational Age. How many months?
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Creamish(f): 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
richyblink1:

Been singing it as a song that she will be fat, but she won't listen. Thanks

Her baby getting too big is the issue..datz y I suggested u tell her gynae to advise her...not in her presence tho.. Maybe u should give him/her a call against her next antenatal checkup. When she hears it from her doc, she will listen...if for nuttn, out of fear.

1 Like

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by thorpido(m): 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
For a first time mother,she needs to eat moderately.Taking a lot of sweet things might end up making the baby big.The indication is that she might be a candidate for C/S(nothing wrong with C/S because some people only have that option).She could also end up with tears if she's having the baby v.aginally.
The general rule of life should be moderation.Let your wife try fruits more if she desires sweet things.

You say she has become troublesome in the night?Is she also craving in the bedroom(just joking)?

1 Like

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
thorpido:
For a first time mother,she needs to eat moderately.Taking a lot of sweet things might end up making the baby big.The indication is that she might be a candidate for C/S(nothing wrong with C/S because some people only have that option).She could also end up with tears if she's having the baby v.aginally.
The general rule of life should be moderation.Let your wife try fruits more if she desires sweet things.

You say she has become troublesome in the night?Is she also craving in the bedroom(just joking)?

Hehehe! Not troublesome at night, generally. Thanks for the advice
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by thorpido(m): 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
richyblink1:

Hehehe! Not troublesome at night, generally. Thanks for the advice
Many are that way.Mood swings.Just try to ignore or better still help douse the situation.
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
thorpido:
Many are that way.Mood swings.Just try to ignore or better still help douse the situation.

Paddy man, at this stage everything na problem. If you keep mute, problem, if you don't, problem. Is well
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by blank(f): 4:34am On Mar 14, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

but I do know that taking beverages like Milo, bournvita and the likes ain't too good for an expectant mother because I think I have heard people say it makes the baby big and I was opportuned to witness my mum when she was pregnant with our last born then although I was still a lil young but I can remember she avoided beverages at that stage even with that she ended up birthing the big headed boy with a CS

If your mum avoided beverages but still had a big baby doesn't that show you that it is not always a culprit? I took Milo everyday of my first pregnancy but still had a small baby.
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by PresVA: 7:16am On Mar 14, 2016
Asides baby weight, Milo contains caffeine which isn't healthy for a pregnant woman/baby; she should stop consuming it the way she does please. ..

Imagine carrying a tin of milo and be licking shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by 5minsmadness: 7:22am On Mar 14, 2016
richyblink1:

OP harbeordune asked a very important question.

If she is still in her first trimester then u don't have to worry about weight gain of baby. Allow her enjoy her milo. Stopping early cravings will only make her miserable and trust me, you don't want that wahala.

All those saying milo will make her add weight should chill. If it's her first three months the baby is undergoing more of development and taking milo is not an issue.

Milo only contains 0.01mg of caffeine per 100g. More or less insignificant for a healthy mother and baby.

1 Like

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2016
5minsmadness:

OP harbeordune asked a very important question.

If she is still in her first trimester then u don't have to worry about weight gain of baby. Allow her enjoy her milo. Stopping early cravings will only make her miserable and trust me, you don't want that wahala.

All those saying milo will make her add weight should chill. If it's her first three months the baby is undergoing more of development and taking milo is not an issue.

Milo only contains 0.01mg of caffeine per 100g. More or less insignificant for a healthy mother and baby.

Yeah, she is in her first trimester. But my fear is the way she carried the whole tin to the sitting room yesterday licking with so much joy. Is really well oh!
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by 5minsmadness: 7:45am On Mar 14, 2016
richyblink1:

Yeah, she is in her first trimester. But my fear is the way she carried the whole tin to the sitting room yesterday licking with so much joy. Is really well oh!
Lol
Allow her enjoy her milo jo. She hasn't started sending u out in the middle of the night to buy moi moi and you're complaining grin

7 Likes

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Fiwasayo(f): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2016
richyblink1:

Please by the time she's crossing into her second trimester,let her stop the intake of chocolate beverages....I understand the craving but,it makes the baby quite big,bigger than the expected weight....and too much weight comes with complications.
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by thorpido(m): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2016
blank:

If your mum avoided beverages but still had a big baby doesn't that show you that it is not always a culprit? I took Milo everyday of my first pregnancy but still had a small baby.
People are different.Genetics plays a major role in how a baby turns out and even if it doesn't affect some,it has affected others.I know quite a number of babies born big and some of the mothers confessed they actually took a lot of beverages.
The key thing is moderation,cravings or not.
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by greatgod2012(f): 11:05am On Mar 14, 2016
Lol.........
This thread is so funny......
I've been laughing so hard from the beginning of this thread.....
In fact, the type of descriptive words used by the op makes it funnier......

You people think it's easy for a human being to carry a fellow human being in her womb for good nine or more months.....lol......

Pregnancy hormone, my brother, it's not easy, it can turn a woman to something else. Like 5minsmadness, pointed out, she hasn't sent you out in the middle of the night, and you have started complaining........ e no easy my brother.
As per the excessive consumption of Milo, if it's actually pregnancy craving, don't worry, she will soon change gear......lol, I mean, she will soon crave for another thing, pray it's something that is affordable and easily accessible.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
blank:

I didn't affirm it, I said I am not sure and I also asked mothers in the house to say something about it. I only said I think I have heard mothers say it isn't too good. and I also learnt from a friend who recently had a baby and the doctor told her to avoid beverages when she was still pregnant. so what works for me doesn't work for you. and thank God mothers like you are already giving your opinion,I only gave mine. and I am here to learn. thank you. And besides, beverages makes some babies big.
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
thorpido:
People are different.Genetics plays a major role in how a baby turns out and even if it doesn't affect some,it has affected others.I know quite a number of babies born big and some of the mothers confessed they actually took a lot of beverages.
The key thing is moderation,cravings or not.
Exactly my point doc, I am still sure my mum took Milo and I will ask her if she took it when nobody was watching because I still don't know why that my big headed brother weighed 5.5kg at birth. Although she said she always had big babies but none of us had been as big as that. She almost died if not God, coupled with the fact that she was in her forties then, it made it difficult and when they told her she was gonna give birth through Cs, she wanted to run away from the hospital and then go to church to pray but thanks to the doctors who didn't allow her go.

1 Like

Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
5minsmadness:

Lol
Allow her enjoy her milo jo. She hasn't started sending u out in the middle of the night to buy moi moi and you're complaining grin

I can imagine. The one I am facing now is, "honey, touch my tummy". "Honey, I don't feel like going to work today".

My dear, this first trimester na season film already for me. God dey sha
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
greatgod2012:
Lol.........
This thread is so funny......
I've been laughing so hard from the beginning of this thread.....
In fact, the type of descriptive words used by the op makes it funnier......

You people think it's easy for a human being to carry a fellow human being in her womb for good nine or more months.....lol......

Pregnancy hormone, my brother, it's not easy, it can turn a woman to something else. Like 5minsmadness, pointed out, she hasn't sent you out in the middle of the night, and you have started complaining........ e no easy my brother.
As per the excessive consumption of Milo, if it's actually pregnancy craving, don't worry, she will soon change gear......lol, I mean, she will soon crave for another thing, pray it's something that is affordable and easily accessible.

The mood swings already is strong. One minute she wants us to go get suya, the next minute she wants to drink garri with milo. I dey learn something I swear
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by richyblink1(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fiwasayo:

Please by the time she's crossing into her second trimester,let her stop the intake of chocolate beverages....I understand the craving but,it makes the baby quite big,bigger than the expected weight....and too much weight comes with complications.

I will sure do. Thanks
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by greatgod2012(f): 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
grin
richyblink1:

The mood swings already is strong. One minute she wants us to go get suya

, the next minute she wants to drink garri with milo. I dey learn something I swear
grin
richyblink1:

The mood swings already is strong. One minute she wants us to go get suya, the next minute she wants to drink garri with milo. I dey learn something I swear
Re: Is The Craving Not Too Early? by thorpido(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Exactly my point doc, I am still sure my mum took Milo and I will ask her if she took it when nobody was watching because I still don't know why that my big headed brother weighed 5.5kg at birth. Although she said she always had big babies but none of us had been as big as that. She almost died if not God, coupled with the fact that she was in her forties then, it made it difficult and when they told her she was gonna give birth through Cs, she wanted to run away from the hospital and then go to church to pray but thanks to the doctors who didn't allow her go.
Haa,your mum had a child weighing 5.5kg and she still wanted to run from the hospital?Quite a number of women reject C/S and run from the hospital but unfortunately some end up with complications.
I think in your family the babies have a tendency to be big but your mum's advanced age and her diet would have contributed to your brother's size at birth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Found Out Her Husband Is A Mechanic And Not A Car Dealer After Traditional / Before You Marry That Man/Woman ,Investigate Him/Her Spiritually First. / My 3 Year Old Says She's Mad @ Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.