Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually (17724 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by Sijo01(f): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2016
hensben:
Ok NCC and PDP are to blame to me.

cheesy cheesy funny dude

1 Like

Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by igben(m): 10:24am On Mar 14, 2016
From the BIG PICTURE, MTN is a SCAM...........
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by wolesmile(m): 10:42am On Mar 14, 2016
samjadinero:

I be customer for this. I dun cry dun beg.

Me nko....
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 14, 2016
I believe NCC should enforce a UNIFIED EXIT OPTION from theses packages from all the Networks.
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by imolorgk: 11:17am On Mar 14, 2016
Consumer protection agency like servicom are only there in name. I protested to mtn and copied consumer protection agency. I wasted my time
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by mentain(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2016
UnknownT:
The one that made me give up on MTN was when a certain number (+55515) called me, I picked the call and it was about Catholic Cathecism. After the voice prompt had finished blabbing and asked me to press 1 to subscribe, I dropped the call. Then an sms entered my phone that #50 had been deducted from my account for subscribing to Catholic Cathecism, I was shocked. Called them and they told me that they can't do anything that its a 3rd party bla bla bla and there was nothing they could do. I just jejely blacklisted the number. Since the time this thing happened till now, that number still calls me
same tin happen to me God punish der father
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2016
And one extremely mumu would preach that it's a sin/crime to use cheats for browsing free.

Me sef dey find cheats. Anyone there to put me thru. Time to hit back these suckers

1 Like

Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by 9jatatafo(m): 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Steady scamming
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by missyQween(f): 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
MTN is deducting #50 from my account everytime I recharge all in the name of some learn English subscription that I don't know about.... And just yesterday they started deducting another #50 for some sahara report..... It is seriously annoying
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by missyQween(f): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
richidinho:
This is what i experience everyday, dont know how to stop it

Sender: MTNPlay@
Message: Your Learn English weekly subscription has been renewed. your service will now expire on..(the next day date)

That's the same prob I am having too....just tired of them
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by holluphemydavid(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
For close to a year now, had bin calling glo customers care dat I wnt to opt out from caller tune, dey refused to opt me out and kept on deducting my money every month, dey told me to send dereg to 777 in capital letter, of which had don dat on several occasions, till now, notin is bin done, glo nid to be sued seriously, dey are tiff
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by Irishrena1(f): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
Airtel is the worst of them. Even without them sending and subscribing you to unsolicited stuff, they deduct money from your account and when you tell them that they just deducted so so amount from your account they tell you
"o sorry Mr. /Mrs so so so. I can actually see that so so amount was deducted from your account a few minutes ago. Probably you borrowed money" and then you say

"u didn't borrow any money. I do not borrow airtime as a matter of rule. You check your system and see if I borrowed any money " and the mofo will say

"sorry Mr/Mrs so so so. I'm trying to run a check on your line at the moment but the network is down right now. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Kindly give us a call back the next time this happens so we can assist you with the issue. Where are you calling us from? What city, what LGA. THANK you for calling Airtel customer service. Do have a nice day Mr. So so so"

And the next time it happens and you call in, it's the same story line. It kept happening to me until I became very alert. Then one day I heard a text message beep and refrained from touching the screen of my phone. Behold that was a flash message that so so amount had been deducted for something I knew nothing about. It wasn't even a subscription to any service. I called two people to come and see. Luckily there were people around me. Then I called them and the mofo was giving me the same story line. Then I read the message to her and she quickly shut her gutter of a mouth up, became very humble and that was the end of the matter on that particular line.

My boss has two Airtel lines. One that he uses for his wifi and the other for his android and he will always ask me to recharge or to subscribe for data bundles on his devices. Airtel kept making me a suspect. It was like I don't buy the actual amount of credit I need and then come to collect more money. Until the day he witnessed it himself that he stopped suspecting me. I'll recharge his phone and they'll be deducting #500 sometimes #1000. Since then he doesn't use the line on the android for calls only data. It's once you recharge, subscribe the next second or I become a suspect.

Very stupid network
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by kentro95(m): 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hmmmmm............
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by Goalnaldo(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
yes they need to check the excesses of this service providers expecially MTN who deduct money from services i didnt beg them for
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by otokx(m): 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
SMS scam by the Telcos is widespread.
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by SirDavico(m): 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
Damn! I bought a new MTN Line. My very first recharge was deducted, saying my subscription to learn English has been renewed. When did I subscribe?
Oshi!! MTN=Mightiest Thief in Nigeria. I'm still losing credits daily. Chai!
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by kayceeD2(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
wolesmile:
Another method is through flash message. Most people will click OK without knowing, and before u know it, you have subscribed to one yeye package...

And that's #50 off your account every week.
Bro na weitin dey my mind u talk so oo
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by femidejulius(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
richidinho:
This is what i experience everyday, dont know how to stop it

Sender: MTNPlay@
Message: Your Learn English weekly subscription has been renewed. your service will now expire on..(the next day date)

Dail *123*5*4# and follow the instructions.
Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by potbelly(m): 8:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
I made a comment on the 13th of Feb on a thread created to talk about this issue sometime back but unfortunately it wasn't moved to frontpage.
My case is below...
I have to lend my voice to this issue. For the past six months, Glo has fraudulently deducted my credit. This started towards the ending of the month June 2015. 100 naira was deducted from my account. I called their customer care to report the incident. I was told i subscribed for one of their sms packaged which I didn't (why should i do such when i Have the internet at my disposal?) I asked how that possible when i didn't send an sms to request for the package, their reply was i probably answered one of the automated calls or someone didn't it on my behalf (crazy response). I was told the issue has been forwarded to their "so called engineers" and it will be resolved in 48hrs.I received an sms to that effect that the issue has been resolved. To avoid repetition of the incident, i stopped answering automated calls. although the sms stopped coming my credit was still deducted usually toward the end of the month and this continued till september when i decided not to reload my credit account. sometime in october I decided to reload my credit account and this time I ensured the credit left was always below 100 naira. This worked for the month october and november. Early december, I loaded my account because i intended to send christmas messages to friends, collegues and family, They deducted 100 naira the same day I loaded the account. Calling customer care again, i was told they can't tell me the exact service i subscribed for because their are carrying out system upgrade. After all the hot tempered words were released from me, the customer care officer told me she will forward the issue to their engineers. The same day, I received a message that the issue has been resolved. This repeated itself around christmas and the same shouts and assurance from the customer care official ensued. Just this week, I continued with my routine of ensuring the credit is below 100 naira, only for glo to deduct 50 naira out of the balance left. Same talk of they can't tell me what services i subscribed for because of system upgrade that the issue has been forwarded to the engineers for solution.

1.Now my issue is why should a telecom provider deduct credit for services that were not requested for i.e forcing it on the subscribers

2. I don't know what the so called engineers are doing in that place because i believe if an issue should be resolved, it should be resolved once and for all.

I know some people will say its just 100 naira but think of how many subcribers maybe running into millions that have similar experiences.

1 Like

Re: Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually by NOBLE179(m): 4:49am On Mar 15, 2016
AIRTEL IS A STUPID NETWORK. JUST RECHARGED #200 NEXT THING I RECEIVED A MASSAGE DAT I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SUBSCRIBE CALLER TUNE. I CHECK MY ACCOUNT DEY HAVE DEDUCTED #150. USELESS NETWORK.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etisalat Night And Weekend Internet Bundle / Android Q – See The New Features Google Plans On Releasing / Fero Phones Questions , Complains & Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.