Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer (783 Views)

My Friend Is Gay, How Can I Tell Him To Stop? / Women, How Do You Feel When You Love A Man But Can't Tell Him? / She Removed The Ring I Used In Proposing To Her The Next Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by rectitude(m): 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
So, a lady asked this on www.fixmeblog. com
I thought to share it here and get your responses on it.

Dear fixemeblog….. would it be wrong on a girl’s part to tell her fiancé d kind of ring she would prefer for her engagement knowing tht he wants to propose
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
IT will be not only wrong, it will shoot out the notion that the lady is an opportunist, that the lady is selfish and she will not be the appreciating type. AN engagement ring is meant to be a surprise, its meant for the fun of the moment and its meant for a new level in their realationship, whether the ring is cheap or costly depends on the income of the guy in question and engagement rings does not determine marital success, so the lady should chill and wait for the day he proposes.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
I just checked, the poster above me is male, no wonder he's yarning kpaks undecided

Abeg o, it is right and legit after all I'm the one wearing the ring, he has to know I prefer silver to gold and diamond stone to amethyst or ruby. Its only the size of the rock on top that I cannot tell him cos that will be according to his pocket size

*modified***
I'm assuming the relationship is one in which both partners take cognizance of each other's feelings concerning issues and not one person running the show while the other just kow-tows to their wish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by olac21(m): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
skarlett:
I just checked, the poster above me is male, no wonder he's yarning kpaks undecided

Abeg o, it is right and legit after all I'm the one wearing the ring, he has to know I prefer silver to gold and diamond stone to amethyst or ruby. Its only the size of the rock on top that I cannot tell him cos that will be according to his pocket size

Trash,balderdash&lastly nonsense!
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
olac21:

Trash,balderdash&lastly nonsense!

K undecided
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by donbenedict(m): 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
Skarlett. cheesy come mk I ask u kweshion.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
donbenedict:
Skarlett. cheesy come mk I ask u kweshion.

Shoot
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by baranzy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
U must be very crazy and out of your mind to try such rubbish...if u like a ring go buy it urself...fake women everywere...
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
skarlett:

*modified***
I'm assuming the relationship is one in which both partners take cognizance of each other's feelings concerning issues and not one person running the show while the other just kow-tows to their wish
You said it all .smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Monalisa185(f): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
why would you be the one to suggest the kinda ring you want? what if it's a surprise? so on seeing the ring, you'll reject it just because it ain't your ideal ring?

if you are too obsessed with rings, accept his proposal, go to the market the next day and get yourself your ideal ring..

CASE CLOSED

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Mhizkel(f): 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Nah, it's not wrong.
Just make sure you got enough money ready, hand it over, so he could use it in purchasing the ring. Afterall, it's your ''dream ring'' no biggie in buying it with your money.

NdiAra!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by donbenedict(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
skarlett:

Shoot
wat's d price of d most expensive article in ur possession..
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
Mhizkel:
Nah, it's not wrong.
Just make sure you got enough money ready, hand it over, so he could use it in purchasing the ring. Afterall, it's your ''dream ring'' no biggie in buying it with your money.

NdiAra!
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
Mhizkel:
Nah, it's not wrong.

NdiAra!

No biggie, you say, hand over the money, even tho it sounds reasonable, no sane egocentric male will take that, he would probably push the wedding date forward and hustle more money to give you your dream ring.... just saying tho.... cool
Re: Is It Right To Tell Him The Kind Of Engagement Ring I Prefer by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
donbenedict:
wat's d price of d most expensive article in ur possession..

Dunno undecided kindly cut the crap and go straight to the point

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Can Explain This To Me (photos) / A Dog Was Found Raped, Murdered And Hung In A Tree. / Man Destroys Properties After Intense Maturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.