Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Is It That Robust Girls Don't Like Being Called Fat? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Robust Girls Don't Like Being Called Fat? (706 Views)

Man Explains Why "Bad Girls" Get Married Faster While "Good Girls" Don't / 'Why Good Girls Don't Marry First' - Nigerian Lady Explains / Why Girls Don't Reply Your Messg(facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Robust Girls Don't Like Being Called Fat? by MaryWest(f): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2016
I saw this on the internet posted by one guy so, I want to seek others opinion

It has always been a thing of style for fat people to call themselves big. It may sound smart, but why can't they just say fat? Is there anything wrong with being fat? If short people don't call themselves small, is it not to the good of everyone if fat people can stop this big thing, to me it sounds like consolation
http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/general/15222-the-thin-line-between-fat-and-big
Re: Why Is It That Robust Girls Don't Like Being Called Fat? by MaryWest(f): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2016
well for me sha o

I think it's the same reason slim peeps don't like to be called Thin grin grin grin grin grin
It gives the impression they are sick.
Re: Why Is It That Robust Girls Don't Like Being Called Fat? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
It's because being called fat is perceived as an offensive word, commonly used to make fond of the physical appearance of an individual, rather than a mere description, like tall or slim.
Re: Why Is It That Robust Girls Don't Like Being Called Fat? by coldHeat: 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
It is to my understanding that "fat" is not a medical term. Medically you are overweight or obese.

A school of thought tells us we humans don't like hearing the truth about ourselves. And for some unknown reason, we have believed that the realization of truth will usher us into a state of unhappiness (which is a choice the mind makes after weighing physical circumstances as against inner resolve and an emotional state). Consequently, we choose to live in a fake world, one that we foolishly and endlessly try and fail woefully to sustain with a fake lifestyle of over-indulgence on material wealth and the show of it.

An obese lady, instead of working on her body mass (remember weight according to Mr Physics varies from place to place on the earth) would rather adorn herself with cheap cosmetry and other artificialities in order to distract and give herself and onlookers the impression of a physical beauty she knows in the depths of her soul she does not possess, and over time, what do we have - a lady adding muscle fat in all the wrong places, and where there was once beauty and form intermingled with grace we have a graceless, bulgy physique adorned with cellulite, folds and flabs (covered with the distraction of tight, body-hugging clothing) with a belly competing with that of a pregnant woman, and a body overworking its heart with a grandeur similar to that of the engine of an okada trying to power a submarine...such a woman's self esteem becomes inversely proportional to her body mass, which is why the average woman would always tell you they don't know their body mass (after eyeing you with a malice that can kill a leviathan); truth is they know it but they refuse to keep it in their conscious and would rather make a mental note to remember to forget the fact that they are not healthy and fit health-wise.

Another school of thought states that the noun or adjective "fat" is somewhat impolite and void of decorum. We are meant to say a lady is "plump" instead of "fat", and though Courtesy demands this, she cannot force everyone to do her bidding.

This is a question thrown at the ladies so I answered using them as the subject-topic, I am not a chauvinist so I shall not carelessly say men are not guilty of being obese as well, such a statement goes without saying...

Would to God that we can watch our weights and our words the same way we watch our phones; the world would be a much better place in two-thirds of a heart beat.
Re: Why Is It That Robust Girls Don't Like Being Called Fat? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Then where do u belong
MaryWest:
well for me sha o

I think it's the same reason slim peeps don't like to be called Thin grin grin grin grin grin
It gives the impression they are sick.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Identical Twins Who Share Everything Including The Same Boyfriend / Yours Forever! Beyoncé And Jay Z Celebrate Marriage Milestone / If I Become The Next Nigerian President: My 12 Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.