Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (186758 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:42pm On May 20, 2017
Hello adewotired. It will not likely have a material impact on the visa, but you owe it to yourself to get it corrected by the school.

adewotired:
Hello VO
My I-20 was just sent in today. However, my middle name was not included in it.
Should I go ahead with the visa registration with this form as it is or request a new one?

P.S: My middle name was included in my international passport
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:45pm On May 20, 2017
Hello man105. Stay where? Your question is unclear. You may apply again whenever you like, though if nothing material has changed, the result is likely to be the same.

man105:
good morning vo,how long can one stay before scheduling for another students visa? at what intervals??
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:49pm On May 20, 2017
Hello ebonyademi. It's your choice whether you want to apply separate or together. The main issue will be explaining how both adults in the family can afford to be full-time students without recourse to unauthorized work.

ebonyademi:
Dear VO, pls I need your advice.

My husband and I have yrs of work experience and traveled to the US in 2014 to have our baby and just renewed our B1B2 visa in march 2017.
Now we plan to go study in Spring 2018 in the US. We both have our admission letter and attending the same school. so this means that we will both be applying for F1 VISA INDIVIDUALLY .

My Concerns:
Should we apply together as a family or individually
The significant ties we have in home country is Land and House assets
How do we convince the vo that we would be returning after our studies since we r going together with the kids
Finance is from our joint savings and proceed from property sold which covers for a year

we both want to further our education to be more relevant in the labour market.....kindly advise
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Apalowos: 11:12am On May 22, 2017
Good day All.

I was at the embassy for a visiting visa in late 2015 with my wife who was heavily pregnant then but we were denied.

This year I secured a master admission and will be going for the dinterview soon.

My questions are;

1. What are my chances of getting the student visa since I have been before for a different visa; visiting visa.

2. What should I expect from the VO.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 2:01pm On May 22, 2017
Hello Apalowos. We don't discuss chances on this forum, just qualifications. You should expect the visa officer to ask you a series of questions to determine your qualifications as a student and your ability to pay for your education.

Apalowos:
Good day All.

I was at the embassy for a visiting visa in late 2015 with my wife who was heavily pregnant then but we were denied.

This year I secured a master admission and will be going for the dinterview soon.

My questions are;

1. What are my chances of getting the student visa since I have been before for a different visa; visiting visa.

2. What should I expect from the VO.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by mzjennypher(f): 3:06pm On May 22, 2017
Dear Gurus,

Please as regards the I-20 someone told me before a school can me an i-20 i have to pay part of my fee he said as much as 8000 usd. please gurus ow true is this? and i also have to send my statement of acct to the school i am applying to.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:18pm On May 22, 2017
Hi mzjennypher. That is between you and the school to work out--it has no bearing on the visa process. Different schools have different procedures. We would advise caution to be sure you are dealing with a reputable institution of higher learning before sending over large sums of money.

mzjennypher:
Dear Gurus,

Please as regards the I-20 someone told me before a school can me an i-20 i have to pay part of my fee he said as much as 8000 usd. please gurus ow true is this? and i also have to send my statement of acct to the school i am applying to.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by timmb(m): 11:05pm On May 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

I just got an admission to study Marketing (MS) at California Miramar Uni, firstly this university is very small compares to other uni in san diego california. secondly GRE or tofle was required and i ONLY APPLY TO THIS UNI. Now the issue is how can i answer if the VO ask why i only apply to one Uni? And also if i'm ask How did you know about the school? can i answer that i hear through Facebook ?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:41am On May 23, 2017
Greetings timmb. The only correct answers are those that derive from the truth.

timmb:
Hello everyone,

I just got an admission to study Marketing (MS) at California Miramar Uni, firstly this university is very small compares to other uni in san diego california. secondly GRE or tofle was required and i ONLY APPLY TO THIS UNI. Now the issue is how can i answer if the VO ask why i only apply to one Uni? And also if i'm ask How did you know about the school? can i answer that i hear through Facebook ?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by timmb(m): 8:12am On May 23, 2017
Thanks for your reply
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by timmb(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2017
Hello, can I tell a VO low tuition makes me to apply to a particular uni.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by chiinnwee: 2:55pm On May 23, 2017
I'm a single mum of triplets, i am applying for F1 visa, don't know if i should list my children as my strong ties and if i do, what are my chances as they are yet to be two years old?
Thank you
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:49pm On May 23, 2017
We don't discuss "chances" on this forum, only qualifications. We're not here to give parenting advice.

chiinnwee:
I'm a single mum of triplets, i am applying for F1 visa, don't know if i should list my children as my strong ties and if i do, what are my chances as they are yet to be two years old?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Bukiemarian: 5:21pm On May 23, 2017
Dear VO,

I was at the embassy last year twice but the application was not successful. I secured another admission with another school and the class is due to start in August, I am 33 and single, my mom is sponsoring me as my initial sponsor (guardian, who is also my uncle died January). I need advise as to know if I can go ahead and apply.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 6:37pm On May 23, 2017
Hi Bukiemarian. This is a decision you have to make for yourself. Does it make educational and economic sense to stop working and spend a lot of money getting more education at this time of your life? The answer to that question is dependent on the individual and their circumstances.

Bukiemarian:
Dear VO,

I was at the embassy last year twice but the application was not successful. I secured another admission with another school and the class is due to start in August, I am 33 and single, my mom is sponsoring me as my initial sponsor (guardian, who is also my uncle died January). I need advise as to know if I can go ahead and apply.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by seunban: 8:56pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks the VO,

I have information I didn't make known to the consular on my previous interview like, where I work, what I do there and how my PhD is going to help me build my career and my personal company I registered in 2014. I was succinct on the day!
Can I reschedule another appointment immediately and make known all the information during the interview on the new appointment date.
Also, I have a fiancee who I plan to get married to by next year(our introduction in Mid-July, 2017). Can I state this if the consular asked if i am married?
Lastly, I don't have travel experience, what can be say about that with my application?

I will be expecting a reply as soon as possible.

Regards
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by chiinnwee: 9:58pm On May 23, 2017
sorry, didn't mean to offend you or get insulted, thanks for replying, all i wanted was just an advice if it could be risky to my application, not parenting advice
abujaniv:
We don't discuss "chances" on this forum, only qualifications. We're not here to give parenting advice.

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:06pm On May 23, 2017
Hello seunban. This is not the forum to roleplay your interview. Nor is it the place to schedule a fresh interview. If you have a question, make it clear.

seunban:
Good day,

My visa got rejected last week at Lagos consulate general under the 214(b).
The consular asked some questions"
1. What do you want to go do in america
Answer: I am going to America for my Chemistry PhD Programme.
2. What's the name of the school?
Answer: IIT
3. Have you traveled before?
Answer: NO
4. Why PhD?
Answer: My PhD is going to help me in some areas of my life and to solve some identified problems in Africa. (very succinct)
5. Are you married?
answer: NO
So, she refused my visa.

Sir, I was able to discovered I need to give full explanation to the fourth questions.
I am presently working in a recycling industries as the operation manager. I was once the Analyst officer. Now, my duties still cut across some analysis works. We analyse the raw materials (some compounds that are contents of the recyclables. We perform this analysis before we send these recyclables to recycling plant. So we find out the environmental impact of these recyclables. We give recommendations to the manufacturing firms and the government on the types of raw materials that should be used in products to be manufactured.
My company as projected in the next five years to establish an R&grin department in the company; and this I plan to come and head once I am done with my study in US.

As well, I plan to come back to my country, to develop my company, which I registered in 2014 under the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. My company is been managed by my Fiancee and immediate younger brother.
My company has been able to identify two areas of needs in my country. (a) Building the young researchers that has interest in research works (b) Establishing an independent laboratory in my country where analysis and research work could be carried out.
So, I need network of researchers that would see and buy to these ideas.

So, my PhD is going to equip me greatly to garner skills that I need to achieve all these, as well to make me a well grounded independent researcher.
I have the
I have the CAC registration certificate to back it up with my name on it as the owner.

Sir, all these I didn't state during my first interview. I was so succinct!

I hope if i state this in my next appointment, my VIA would be granted.

As well, I will like to ask, if I could schedule June 2 for another appointment.

I would be happy if you could share a little idea.

Regards
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by seunban: 7:36am On May 24, 2017
Thanks the VO,

I have information I didn't make known to the consular on my previous interview like, where I work, what I do there and how my PhD is going to help me build my career and my personal company I registered in 2014. I was succinct on the day!
Can I reschedule another appointment immediately and make known all the information during the interview on the new appointment date.
Also, I have a fiancee who I plan to get married to by next year(our introduction in Mid-July, 2017). Can I state this if the consular asked if i am married?
Lastly, I don't have travel experience, what can be say about that with my application?

Regards
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by sato1985: 12:19pm On May 25, 2017
Hello vo, I have HND and my school dont accept HND for Master, but I was adviced to apply as a transfer student and i will spend two years as undergraduate before doing my master,, should I tell consular this during the interview? And can I apply with my newly wedded wife 3' are we paying different application fees, thanks for your response in advance
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:58pm On May 25, 2017
Hello seunban. You may apply again as soon as you like, however, you should be prepared to present new evidence in support of your application. Otherwise, the result is likely to be the same. You may state whatever is the truth in regard to your marriage status and travel. "Consular" is an adjective requiring a noun, in this case "officer."

seunban:
Thanks the VO,

Regards
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:05pm On May 25, 2017
Hello sato1985. You should tell the consular OFFICER whatever is the truth. You may apply with dependents, such as a wife. But keep in mind, if both of you live in the US, your living expenses will climb exponentially while your combined earning power falls to zero.

sato1985:
Hello vo, I have HND and my school dont accept HND for Master, but I was adviced to apply as a transfer student and i will spend two years as undergraduate before doing my master,, should I tell consular this during the interview? And can I apply with my newly wedded wife 3' are we paying different application fees, thanks for your response in advance
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by ddbluv: 6:16pm On May 26, 2017
I want to ask you about visa renewal in Nigeria.
I am on OPT and US visa will expire in 2weeks. I would have to visit Nigeria for renewal anytime I leave thE country. I have a Canadian visa and thinking of travelling to do it there next week so if anything happens, I can come back before the existing visa expires or should I go back to Naija and take the risk in case anything happens at the embassy in Nigeria.

Also, can i send my documents to Naija for someone to apply for me via DHL. Would I be required to be present?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by ebonyademi: 7:13pm On May 26, 2017
Hello VO,

IF a spouse is applying for student visa F1 and dependents added on the i20,

is it mandatory for dependents (other spouse and Kids) to change there B1B2 visa to F2 since they are not going to stay permanently with the spouse.

Are they suppose to apply for visa together with the F1 if above is yes

if one of the kid is a USA citizen, should he/she be added as dependents during VISA application

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:19pm On May 27, 2017
Hello ddbluv. I don't understand what you mean by "risk" at the Embassy in Nigeria. If you are in status an have abided by the terms of your visa, you have nothing to worry about. You can also renew in Canada. We strongly discourage people from sending their passport and travel documents through the mail--you should never be without your passport in a foreign country. Those are the risks you should be concerned about.

ddbluv:
I want to ask you about visa renewal in Nigeria.
I am on OPT and US visa will expire in 2weeks. I would have to visit Nigeria for renewal anytime I leave thE country. I have a Canadian visa and thinking of travelling to do it there next week so if anything happens, I can come back before the existing visa expires or should I go back to Naija and take the risk in case anything happens at the embassy in Nigeria.

Also, can i send my documents to Naija for someone to apply for me via DHL. Would I be required to be present?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:21pm On May 27, 2017
Hello ebonyademi. F2 visas are typically for dependents who will be living the the F1 principle applicant in the US. If the US citizen child is dependent on the parents for food, shelter and survival, then he/she is indeed a dependent.

ebonyademi:
Hello VO,

IF a spouse is applying for student visa F1 and dependents added on the i20,

is it mandatory for dependents (other spouse and Kids) to change there B1B2 visa to F2 since they are not going to stay permanently with the spouse.

Are they suppose to apply for visa together with the F1 if above is yes

if one of the kid is a USA citizen, should he/she be added as dependents during VISA application

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by goddeyinvolve: 1:45pm On May 27, 2017
Good day VO,

1. I want to know if one's fiancee can serve at a strong tie in case consular officer asked if one is married? and what evidence can one present to show this?

2. Can one's registered company shows a strong tie?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:18pm On May 27, 2017
Hello goddeyinvolve. So if I'm understanding correctly, you plan to demonstrate that a person you have not married yet and that you plan to leave for years at a time will serve as ties to your country? Read that through a few times and imagine what a visa officer might think.

goddeyinvolve:
Good day VO,

1. I want to know if one's fiancee can serve at a strong tie in case consular officer asked if one is married? and what evidence can one present to show this?

2. Can one's registered company shows a strong tie?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by goddeyinvolve: 8:58pm On May 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello goddeyinvolve. So if I'm understanding correctly, you plan to demonstrate that a person you have not married yet and that you plan to leave for years at a time will serve as ties to your country? Read that through a few times and imagine what a visa officer might think.

I asked the question because I want to know. Our wedding is coming up by next year, when I will be coming during the summer.

As well, you didn't answer the second question. Can one's registered company shows a strong tie?

Thanks for your time!
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by seunban: 7:48am On May 28, 2017
Hello VO,
Thanks for the great works.
You usually talk about "change in status" or "material" for someone reapplying.

I want to ask, what is that change in status it material.
Can we say there is change of status for someone whose marital status or travel history has not changed but only has new information to present on the next appointment?

I would be happy to get clarification on this!

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Obaroara1: 1:49pm On May 28, 2017
Pls am new here I am currently pursuing an associate degree admission in the USA... Please after the i-20 form is sent to me what and what do I need to do? What exactly will I be taking to the embassy

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.