Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (186790 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:11am On May 30, 2017
Hello seunban. If an applicant is denied and they choose to reapply, they will be interviewed by a different visa officer. But at the end of the day, the officer is applying the same laws and standards to the applicant, so the result is usually the same. We don't want people to waste their time and money on applications that are likely to be denied, so that's why we stress the issue of there being a material (significant, sizable, distinct, etc.) change in circumstances or new information.

seunban:
Hello VO,
Thanks for the great works.
You usually talk about "change in status" or "material" for someone reapplying.

I want to ask, what is that change in status it material.
Can we say there is change of status for someone whose marital status or travel history has not changed but only has new information to present on the next appointment?

I would be happy to get clarification on this!

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:16am On May 30, 2017
Hello Obaroara1. Follow the step-by-step instructions at:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
For prospective students, you may also be asked to present a transcript from your most recent school and a bank statement showing sufficient funds to pay for your studies.

Obaroara1:
Pls am new here I am currently pursuing an associate degree admission in the USA... Please after the i-20 form is sent to me what and what do I need to do? What exactly will I be taking to the embassy
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by rolaesh: 4:44pm On May 30, 2017
Thanks for the good work abujaniv

My children f2 has just been denied, ( was denied last June 2016 too), will those denials affected them in the future visa request?

My wife is on f2 visa and spent 7 months with me before returning to Nigeria, will those denials affected her acceptance at the point of entry, will there be a consequence on her admissibility to u.s?

I plan to reapply has the denial was based on funding new f2 holders, but I forgot to state to the interviewer I have a graduate assistant job which permits me to save on school fees up to 60% of my cost of schooling. Is this new information substantial?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 6:40pm On May 30, 2017
Hello rolaesh. We can't go into details on specific cases. But in general, a challenge with F2s is that with each additional applicant, living costs expand dramatically while the earning potential of the family declines toward zero. In some cases, it is impossible to rationalize how a whole family can live in the US without resorting to employment and/or government assistance. Saving money on school fees is great, but that still doesn't account for rent, food, utilities and private school tuition for children (they may not attend US public schools).

rolaesh:
Thanks for the good work abujaniv

My children f2 has just been denied, ( was denied last June 2016 too), will those denials affected them in the future visa request?

My wife is on f2 visa and spent 7 months with me before returning to Nigeria, will those denials affected her acceptance at the point of entry, will there be a consequence on her admissibility to u.s?

I plan to reapply has the denial was based on funding new f2 holders, but I forgot to state to the interviewer I have a graduate assistant job which permits me to save on school fees up to 60% of my cost of schooling. Is this new information substantial?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by expertman(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2017
Dear Abujaniv,

You really doing a great job here I pray that the almighty enlarge your coast.

A close junior brother of mine who got his admission FI20 package from Missouri was denied last week.

Reasons are he wanted to study business administration as he had a National diploma in business administration but was given accounting by Missouri.

So when the Vo asked him his course of study here said business administration the Vo asked him like twice he said same.

Then the vO refused him saying he has Accounting on his FI20 .

He wrote the school and the school issued him a well signed letter addressed to the U.S embassy that both accounting, business administration, finance all fall in one group in their Craig business school.

He choose Missouri because it fits his parent budget and it was introduced to him by one of his lecturer who is an alumnus of Missouri.

Now what's his chances of the visa with the new letter addressed to the embassy and would he say he is now going for accounting?

Hope to hear back from you.

His new interview date is tomorrow
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:44pm On May 30, 2017
Hello expertman. We don't discuss chances here. We also do not focus on documents, so it's not likely that the visa officer will look at the letter. What matters is that the applicant is able to credibly explain their education plan and how they're going to pay it.

expertman:
Dear Abujaniv,

You really doing a great job here I pray that the almighty enlarge your coast.

A close junior brother of mine who got his admission FI20 package from Missouri was denied last week.

Reasons are he wanted to study business administration as he had a National diploma in business administration but was given accounting by Missouri.

So when the Vo asked him his course of study here said business administration the Vo asked him like twice he said same.

Then the vO refused him saying he has Accounting on his FI20 .

He wrote the school and the school issued him a well signed letter addressed to the U.S embassy that both accounting, business administration, finance all fall in one group in their Craig business school.

He choose Missouri because it fits his parent budget and it was introduced to him by one of his lecturer who is an alumnus of Missouri.

Now what's his chances of the visa with the new letter addressed to the embassy and would he say he is now going for accounting?

Hope to hear back from you.

His new interview date is tomorrow
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by seunban: 11:51pm On May 30, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello seunban. If an applicant is denied and they choose to reapply, they will be interviewed by a different visa officer. But at the end of the day, the officer is applying the same laws and standards to the applicant, so the result is usually the same. We don't want people to waste their time and money on applications that are likely to be denied, so that's why we stress the issue of there being a material (significant, sizable, distinct, etc.) change in circumstances or new information.

Thanks a lot. Your information are detailed.
However, I hope the new consular officer probably will not look at the new application lacking credibility! Just because of the previous interview result because definitely the new consular officer will see refused status on the system.
I have identified what went wrong at the last interview, I was so succinct that I could not give details of why I am going for my PhD.
As well, I gave a direct answer to the marital status, I out rightly just said NO when she asked if I am married; I didn't let her know I have a fiancee which I am getting married to when I visit home next summer!

I got somethings wrong!
However, the marital status remains as single but I have a fiancee. I still don't have travelling experience.

I hope to do well on my next appointment.

What should I be expecting from the reaction of the new consular officer once he or she sees the refused status?!
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Alleybuy(m): 4:59am On May 31, 2017
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:15am On May 31, 2017
Hello seunban. As we always say, you are welcome to apply again, but we can't recommend a course of action. You may bring up your engagement or any other life detail. But consider, a person can get engaged in the morning and broken up before dinner and repeat the pattern all week if they like. The visa officer will look at the current application and put it into perspective with all previous applications and interviews.

seunban:

Thanks a lot. Your information are detailed.
However, I hope the new consular officer probably will not look at the new application lacking credibility! Just because of the previous interview result because definitely the new consular officer will see refused status on the system.
I have identified what went wrong at the last interview, I was so succinct that I could not give details of why I am going for my PhD.
As well, I gave a direct answer to the marital status, I out rightly just said NO when she asked if I am married; I didn't let her know I have a fiancee which I am getting married to when I visit home next summer!

I got somethings wrong!
However, the marital status remains as single but I have a fiancee. I still don't have travelling experience.

I hope to do well on my next appointment.

What should I be expecting from the reaction of the new consular officer once he or she sees the refused status?!
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:18am On May 31, 2017
Hello Alleybuy. We can't and won't tell you what to do with your application. We can only give you explanations about what the laws and qualifications are.

Alleybuy:
Dear VO,

I have been admitted for a PhD with XX000 USD funding plus in-state tuition paid for by the school as a Teaching Assistant. I intend to travel with my wife and a baby. Our total estimated cost of living for issuing I-20's is XX000 plus 1500 USD.

I have studied abroad previously (not US), and travelled to the US severally on a B1 visa.

Should we apply together as a family for the visas or do I apply first and obtain mine before applying for my wife and child subsequently? Which is advisable? My significant tie back home is a significant pension fund and a parcel of land.

Will it suffice? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by goddeyinvolve: 9:17am On May 31, 2017
Hi VO,

You are doing wonderful jobs here.
I am getting married at the registry tomorrow, but I will still need a clarification.

I hope the consular officer will accept this as strong tie! I hope this does not contradict the f1 visa law; as the wedding might not be more than 3 weeks old before my next appointment in mid June.

Note, my wife works as a Sales executive in a reputable pharmaceutical company.
So her earning would do to take care of her and I will be coming home to check on her. No intention to take her along.
Please, help with an answer! Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:18pm On May 31, 2017
Ask a question and then we'll see about providing answers.

goddeyinvolve:
Hi VO,

You are doing wonderful jobs here.
I am getting married at the registry tomorrow, but I will still need a clarification.

I hope the consular officer will accept this as strong tie! I hope this does not contradict the f1 visa law; as the wedding might not be more than 3 weeks old before my next appointment in mid June.

Note, my wife works as a Sales executive in a reputable pharmaceutical company.
So her earning would do to take care of her and I will be coming home to check on her. No intention to take her along.
Please, help with an answer! Thanks

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Temitope91(f): 2:43pm On May 31, 2017
hello vo, i wil be going for interview in sm weeks,bt smthn is bothering my mind, i just finished my first degree here and wants to proceed on an associate degree in nursing bt wen filling my Ds-16 Form My Aunt Said I Shldnt Fill Av Attended Any Sch Before, Am Worried Pls Is It Alright Like Dis?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:27pm On May 31, 2017
Hello Temitope91. The fact that you would consider the advice of some telling you to lie on your application is a very worrying sign about you as a prospective student.

Temitope91:
hello vo, i wil be going for interview in sm weeks,bt smthn is bothering my mind, i just finished my first degree here and wants to proceed on an associate degree in nursing bt wen filling my Ds-160 Form My Aunt Said I Shldnt Fill Av Attended Any Sch Before, Am Worried Pls Is It Alright Like Dis?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by goddeyinvolve: 7:10pm On May 31, 2017
Hello VO,

Is it okay for someone who is 33 years; got denied two weeks ago for a f1 visa and who is having wedding at the registry tomorrow to present that as change of marital status for the next interview in 3 weeks time?
Please, let me know.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:39pm On May 31, 2017
Hello goddeyinvolve. Thank you for rephrasing as a question. Unfortunately, my answer will be somewhat oblique. We take the whole picture into perspective when evaluating applicants. We do not focus on documents because a certain unscrupulous segment of the population will forge whatever document is asked for. In much the same way, some people will actually get married --or feign marriage-- in order to get a visa benefit. I'm not lumping you into either category, but I say it as part of a greater point that there is rarely one single change that will affect the adjudication of a visa application.

goddeyinvolve:
Hello VO,

Is it okay for someone who is 33 years; got denied two weeks ago for a f1 visa and who is having wedding at the registry tomorrow to present that as change of marital status for the next interview in 3 weeks time?
Please, let me know.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by goddeyinvolve: 11:53pm On May 31, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello goddeyinvolve. Thank you for rephrasing as a question. Unfortunately, my answer will be somewhat oblique. We take the whole picture into perspective when evaluating applicants. We do not focus on documents because a certain unscrupulous segment of the population will forge whatever document is asked for. In much the same way, some people will actually get married --or feign marriage-- in order to get a visa benefit. I'm not lumping you into either category, but I say it as part of a greater point that there is rarely one single change that will affect the adjudication of a visa application.

Thanks for the reply. Very informative.
However, mine wedding has been planed before my last interview, because I could not leave my Fiancee before leaving the country. Thanks for the info.

Except, that I didn't give precise and concise info on my study plan at the last interview, which I have worked on. I didn't give details of my professional experience which I think really caused the result of the last interview.

The VO, how do you suggest I present a supporting/reference letter from my advisor to the consular officer; which I know the officer rarely ask or look at?
Please help out.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Champ10n: 10:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Hello guys. Great work you're doing here. I applied to a community college and have been accepted. Are my chances of recieving a visa for a community college lower than if I had applied for a four year university?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2017
Hello Champ10n. We don't discuss chances.

Champ10n:
Hello guys. Great work you're doing here. I applied to a community college and have been accepted. Are my chances of recieving a visa for a community college lower than if I had applied for a four year university?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Alleybuy(m): 10:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Dear VO,

As part of my university application processes, I had to upload my international passport data page. This (old) passport expires in a few months and as such, I have applied for renewal which will be ready in few days time. I have applied for my I-20 form and would want to know if the difference between the old passport's number on University / I-20 records would pose a problem if I book a Visa interview with the newly issued passport?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.