Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (186715 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hydris:
Hello abujaniv..
Please I'd like to know how long it takes for Sevis fee payment to reflect at the embassy cos my Sevis fee was transferred from previous ID No on the first i20 issued to the I'd No. On the recent i20. Right after interview...
Thank you

Hello Hydris -

We do not control that system so I cannot give you an exact answer. But historically, it takes between 3-10 business days.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Debolad: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello malory84 -

It is possible to have both a B1/B2 and an F1 simultaneously. If you defer your admission, you will need to make sure you have an updated I-20 before entering the U.S. as the agents at the POE will check your start date - you may also want to have a letter from the school reinstating your program of studies. An F2 cannot enter the U.S. if the F1 is not studying.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
@malory84..Kindly inbox me your number,I would like to discuss with you. Many thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Debolad: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=Debolad post=48857595]@malory84..pls ignore
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Placeboeffect: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hi Abuja NIV,
Nice one . God bless you
Please, I have a question. My sister and I are applying for
spring 2017 admission and our sponsor is in the USA.
Please do you think this can cause any problems for us at
the embassy considering the fact that we want to use the
same sponsor. Please kindly help us out guys as it really
scares us especially my sister. God bless you and happy
Sunday
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Hydris(m): 11:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
Good day abujaniv..
Pls I need to know if it would be necessary that I drop the newly updated SEVIS fee payment receipt at it wasn't reflecting as at the time of interview..as I'm not sure if the embassy has been notified yet...
Thank you and God bless
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
Placeboeffect:
Hi Abuja NIV,
Nice one . God bless you
Please, I have a question. My sister and I are applying for
spring 2017 admission and our sponsor is in the USA.
Please do you think this can cause any problems for us at
the embassy considering the fact that we want to use the
same sponsor. Please kindly help us out guys as it really
scares us especially my sister. God bless you and happy
Sunday

Hello Placeboeffect -

You will need to qualify as a credible student. After that you may be asked about your sponsor - if your sponsor can afford both costs then there should be no problem, but you must be able to speak to that.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hydris:
Good day abujaniv..
Pls I need to know if it would be necessary that I drop the newly updated SEVIS fee payment receipt at it wasn't reflecting as at the time of interview..as I'm not sure if the embassy has been notified yet...
Thank you and God bless

Hello Hydris -

You can drop it at the DHL, but it would be easier to email LagosNIV@state.gov or AbujaNIV@state.gov (whichever one you went to) and tell them that your fee is reflecting and the officer can now check it online and issue.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Hydris(m): 10:09am On Sep 02, 2016
Hello abujaniv..my greetings to you...F1 Visa has been placed on admin processing and dnt have much time on my hands. want to knw how long its likely to take..Thank you
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hydris:
Hello abujaniv..my greetings to you...F1 Visa has been placed on admin processing and dnt have much time on my hands. want to knw how long its likely to take..Thank you

Hello Hydris -

We are not able to predict how long administrative processing takes as a it varies from case to case. You can write and email at any time to check on your case.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Omosmally: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Hello V O,

My kids school is resuming in two weeks in Nigeria here, and I will be going for studies in the u.s by next week. They can't live with me in the u.s because of some constraints(care for them majorly, am a single parent) but they will visit as time goes by vis a vis. my question is, can I travel with them and my friend returns with them to Nigeria in two weeks(she's on vac to return about that time, we will make arrangements with the airline to link their tickets). Am asking because I didn't put in my application that they will travel with me because they already have their visas which is not expired. Could this be an issue for me at the point of entry or should I write the embassy about my new development.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by jdleo32(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Hello V.O
i have applied twice now for my graduate studies and have been denied both times.
Please would you kindly explain if its wrong to run my graduate studies in ICT While i studies accounting. I actually work with a communication firm and would want to advance my career with my work practice. It gives me an edge to further in my office but the visa officer feels its a wrong match.
How do i convince them this is my interest(Computer Forensic).
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by goldenbisnesman: 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hello, i'd like to confirm if my passport has expired and the school issues another i-20 with the old passport number, can I take the i-20 to the US embassy with the new passport? Please revert fast. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Omosmally:
Hello V O,

My kids school is resuming in two weeks in Nigeria here, and I will be going for studies in the u.s by next week. They can't live with me in the u.s because of some constraints(care for them majorly, am a single parent) but they will visit as time goes by vis a vis. my question is, can I travel with them and my friend returns with them to Nigeria in two weeks(she's on vac to return about that time, we will make arrangements with the airline to link their tickets). Am asking because I didn't put in my application that they will travel with me because they already have their visas which is not expired. Could this be an issue for me at the point of entry or should I write the embassy about my new development.

Thanks

Hello Omosmally,

Your dependents can travel on B1/B2s or you can request F2s for them to travel with you or to visit. At the POE, you may need to explain to the officer why you are entering on a F1 and they are entering on a B1/B2.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:14am On Sep 14, 2016
jdleo32:
Hello V.O
i have applied twice now for my graduate studies and have been denied both times.
Please would you kindly explain if its wrong to run my graduate studies in ICT While i studies accounting. I actually work with a communication firm and would want to advance my career with my work practice. It gives me an edge to further in my office but the visa officer feels its a wrong match.
How do i convince them this is my interest(Computer Forensic).

Hello jdleo32,

You are welcome to reapply. It is critical for older students to be able to quickly and easily speak about why they chose the school, the program and how it will help their career. Officers expect more detail from older students and are looking for specific reasons and not vague generalities.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by OJsamue1(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2016
Hello, Good morning
I was denied at the embassy about a month ago but then I got another I-20 but from another school. Can I be able to reapply now and also with the different school?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2016
goldenbisnesman:
Hello, i'd like to confirm if my passport has expired and the school issues another i-20 with the old passport number, can I take the i-20 to the US embassy with the new passport? Please revert fast. Thank you.

Hello goldenbisnesman,

As long as your I20 is still valid you can travel with your old and new passports together to show that the passport number on the I20 is yours, just from an old passport.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by BB2016: 4:37am On Sep 16, 2016
Hello Guys, I have the intention of applying for PhD in Petroleum Engineering in the US. My question is this: it is possible to secure admission between now and February next year (2017).Do I need to write the various exams like TOEFEL and GRE despite having an MSc from the UK? Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by 4javu1: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV

Please at what point would one have to pay the SEVIS fee and please where can one make the payment.
REGARDS
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2016
4javu1:
Hello AbujaNIV

Please at what point would one have to pay the SEVIS fee and please where can one make the payment.
REGARDS

Hello 4javu1 -

Here is a website with all the information you need, https://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Governoryomi: 11:20am On Sep 23, 2016
@abujaniv
Hello house, i just heard this morning that USA visa fees has been reduced from 53,600 to 31,200 just this morning. How true is this pls?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Kenneth10110(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello please i want to study a four years course in USA. I have some questions that are bothering me
1)How much is tuition per year for the lowest tuition fee schools in USA
2) Can i work and meet up payment for House rent Electricity bill etc.
3) How much should be my estimated budget
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by OJsamue1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello, Good morning
I was denied at the embassy about a month ago but then I got another I-20 but from another school. Can I be able to reapply now and also with the different school?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2016
OJsamue1:

Hello, Good morning
Thanks.

Hello OJsamue1 -

You are always welcome to reapply. You will need to very clearly explain why you are now switching schools and how this school is a better fit for your education and career goals.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by 4javu1: 8:46am On Oct 03, 2016
Hi AbujaNIV,

I want to know if its advisable to seek the help of an agent in filling DS-160 or one should do it alone cos m hearing about one barcode issue guys are having.

Regards,
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by 4javu1: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hi AbujaNIV,

Sequel to my earlier communication, please how does one guard against bar code related issues when filling out DS-160 form.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2016
4javu1:
Hi AbujaNIV,

Sequel to my earlier communication, please how does one guard against bar code related issues when filling out DS-160 form.

Thanks.

Hello 4javu1 -

That is a systems question best suited for CGI Nigeria.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:58am On Oct 05, 2016
4javu1:
Hi AbujaNIV,

I want to know if its advisable to seek the help of an agent in filling DS-160 or one should do it alone cos m hearing about one barcode issue guys are having.

Regards,

Hello 4javu1 -

We do not advise the use of agents or touts at any time. All DS160 questions should be directed towards CGI Nigeria.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by tmeeto: 11:05am On Oct 05, 2016
Dear VO,
My passport expires May 2017, I was told at the immigration office that I can't get a renewal until December 2016( 6 months to the expiry date) however I am planning on applying for an f1 visa. Won't December be too late to file an application for a course starting in January 2017? Secondly can I just go ahead and apply with the old passport despite the fact that I read somewhere that I need to present a passport that extends 6 months beyond the course completion date?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello 4javu1 -

We do not advise the use of agents or touts at any time. All DS160 questions should be directed towards CGI Nigeria.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
please sir,I'll be going to the embassy few weeks from now to study
there,please I need you to help me with questions I might be asked and
suitable answer I'm to reply with,,I wanna study engineering at a university
in us.....

my aunt will the one sponsoring me,she stays in us,hope that won't be a problem......

lastly,how do I deal with questions on ties.....
pls
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by beeesko: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hi room, I'm currently processing my admission for spring 2017 jan. hope its not too late cus im still yet to receive my admission latter from the school.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Breamz(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
Please I just sent my transcript today...how many days will take a US university to send me my I-20....and can th school move me frm fall to spring cos av exceeded d deadline for fall

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.