Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) (31832 Views)

FIRS Job Scandal: Full List Of 349 New Staff Secretly Hired / End Of The Road For Nyesom Wike - By Abu Njakku (Daily Trust) / Buhari Submits Ministerial List To The Senate - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Afritop(m): 8:30am On Mar 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

On why the CBN refused to advertise its vacancies, Dr. Abba said, “The reason they gave me was that because of what happened in the Immigration. They don’t want to come out and fully advertise that they are going to recruit. That if they are doing it, it will create some form of pandemonium. So, they requested for a waiver not to advertise. But all other processes were followed. So, we are now investigating to find out how many they have recruited and what are the various positions that they have recruited.”

I am not surprised. It is obvious that the outcome of the immigration exercise will lead to secret recruitment in government organisations including CBN. Its like everyone in the CBN is aware of the secret recruitment and they dont want a fallout of the immigration exercise which has generated a global attention
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Vado(m): 8:30am On Mar 16, 2016
Holuwakemmy16:
Today is my birthday

Hbd lil lady.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 16, 2016
Na d ones wey south do dey cause issues, d ones wey not dey do no dey see Light of d day. Go to NNPC, CAC, INEC, etc na north full dia and no body z probing. Dis is not evn news to me.

1 Like

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by cherriex(f): 8:30am On Mar 16, 2016
Nalikedis:
362 out of 909 and you think that is fair
If that is not fair,then I don't knw what is fair again,u forgot we have different zones,abi u want the north to have 800,then the rest goes to other zones?

1 Like

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Fyorgyn: 8:31am On Mar 16, 2016
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by breakeven: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2016
If we are so distrutfull of each other, why do we say that the unity of Nigeria is non negotiable? Nigeria is so complicated. I wish I was never born in this country.

1 Like

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by peacengine(m): 8:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Akainzo:

Do you think getting 362 out of the 909 employment is a lopsided employment of Northern relatives when you consider that "Northern" is half of the country thus half of 909 would be 454?

This is quite funny, are you considering the level of education in the North? Or should standard six primary school graduates be given positions meant for qualified graduates? What has been the North's attitude to Western education so far?

I remember going to a military hospital to visit a relative and the male Nurse who was from the North, could not read the prescription given by the doctor.

362 is very fair considering what is happening presently, now if you are from any other region besides the North your chances of getting such jobs is highly unlikely. Besides, many so called Northerners are from Chad and Niger this is why the population of the North seems higher than that of the South.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Toosure70: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2016
Na only CBN?
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by rexzqcom(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2016
Corruptions everywhere.
Few days ago the cbn governor suspended some of his deputies for criminals corrupts collaborations to defraud the bank. This week list of corrupted hiring by the bank were released by Sahara reporters. I think that leak to Sahara reporters could be from the disciplined deputies.
Internal discipline of suspensions and terminations is not enough for their crimes. Efcc and Dss should indict for criminal prosecution.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Sweetlemon(f): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2016
Fyorgyn:

This is what stands NNPC out... The recruitment is usually widely advertised and, to a large extent, people are taken on merit. I have never applied for a job with them but I know a couple of people who got into NNPC in 2012...really smart people...first class brains who are everyday Nigerians.

The only problem with their process is that it can be cancelled at any time... Those that were taken in 2012 applied in 2010!!!! and those who applied in 2012 wrote aptitude tests but it hasn't seen the light of day.

Bottom line is, When NNPC employs it is largely a free and fair process

NNPC advertises. Yes. Just like other companies do. But trust me they may fix in one or two lucky people but already know who they're taking.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Akainzo(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

This is quite funny, are you considering the level of education in the North? Or should standard six primary school graduates be given positions meant for qualified graduates? What has been the North's attitude to Western education so far?

I remember going to a military hospital to visit a relative and the male Nurse who was from the North, could not read the prescription given by the doctor.

362 is very fair considering what is happening presently, now if you are from any other region besides the North your chances of getting such jobs is highly unlikely. Between many so called Northerners are from Chad and Niger this is why the population of the North seems higher than that of the South.

Now you are being sentimental rather than being objective. What is the level of education in the North? The people that entire the universities yearly, don't they graduate?

There is a difference between "Fair" and "Constitution". Are there no Southerners that are from Benin or Cameroon?
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Holuwakemmy16(f): 8:42am On Mar 16, 2016
tanx
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Fyorgyn: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Sweetlemon:

NNPC advertises. Yes. Just like other companies do. But trust me they may fix in one or two lucky people already know who they're taking.

Yes, I agree... One or two people...but not over 900...
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by vantage7: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2016
daresimon:
l don't think there is a problem, unless they want to make one. The north has 300+ there considering their educational status.

You are not serious. You mean to tell me you can't get more than 80 people qualified enough to work for the CBN from the north-east? Then how do you explain how the south-west, the most erudite geopolitical zone of the country have less than the south-south? No just go there.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by greatfoly(m): 8:44am On Mar 16, 2016
It is conspicuous that Emefiele is a scam on Nigerians. #EmefieleMustGo
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by peacengine(m): 8:44am On Mar 16, 2016
Akainzo:

Now you are being sentimental rather than being objective. What is the level of education in the North? The people that entire the universities yearly, don't they graduate?

There is a difference between "Fair" and "Constitution". Are there no Southerners that are from Benin or Cameroon?

My brother if you are truly objective, then I am sure that you can also testify to the fact that you cannot compare the level of education in the south to the North.

Are you trying to compare the level of poverty in Niger and Chad to Cameroon and Benin? Many Nigerians would rather migrate to Cameroon and Benin than to remain here. You can't say the same thing in the case of Niger and Chad na, who wants to die of starvation?

1 Like

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Nbote(m): 8:46am On Mar 16, 2016
Make dem start for time immemorial oo because I can't remember CBN ever advertising their vacancies. D truth is most juicy MDA's fill up their positions with people related to or based on the recommendations of political office holders. Na those wey dey within d corridors of power dey share dis slots while majority of the millions of those who don't know what street power stays are made to jostle for whatever is remaining of any advertised slots. I wanted so much to believe such things would change in dis era until I saw dis

https://www.nairaland.com/2991101/cbn-hires-children-atiku-arase

Then I realised dey were all one and d same people. Govt still involves nepotism in a whole lot of levels as PMB clearly indicated wen asked about his appointments sometime ago.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by peacengine(m): 8:47am On Mar 16, 2016
vantage7:

You are not serious. You mean to tell me you can't get more than 80 people qualified enough to work for the CBN from the north-east? Then how do you explain how the south-west, the most erudite geopolitical zone of the country have less than the south-south? No just go there.

362 slots for the North is a crime considering the level of education over there. This is why we will not move forward.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by etayokha2004(f): 8:50am On Mar 16, 2016
Dey ppl wen get work don get, dey will never do anytin to them, I dey find work o. God count me among d lucky once next time joor.

1 Like

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by toprealman: 8:52am On Mar 16, 2016
Trust me, some of them were recruited with only FSLC and O'level. Meanwhile graduates are roaming the streets working in sport betting shops, carrying bags for politicians, turned to critical politico-sports analyst....haba naija.... I hail thee!

1 Like

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by TheNonce: 8:54am On Mar 16, 2016
grin
AstraNetwork:
When I remember that my wife and my younger sister were among the ones from Anambra I can't help but say ONE NIGERIA!

On equity we stand!

So I guess in your own case "the zoo must not fall then?" Since it has its perks!
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by AstraNetwork: 8:57am On Mar 16, 2016
The only reason some sections of the country wants to secede is none other reason than INEQUALITY..

TheNonce:
grin
So I guess in your own case "the zoo must not fall then?" Since it has its perks!
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by marqueetim(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2016
This niggaz keep posting me with stories of how management has not approved our employment, after making me spend 4years in the UNI reading Economics. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by mandarin: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2016
I don't know of the qualifications and capacity exposure of those recruited and positions given to them. I think that should be an important focus aside all the ethnic brouhaha.
Sometime in the future these are the people that will be determining the MPR and managing the banking sector, if they are incompetent then, Nigeria is already laying foundation of failure. Sensitive govt departments as CBN should have the best possible, this is rather unfortunate.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by foriz4u(m): 8:59am On Mar 16, 2016
what different does it make? ad or not still won't stop them from lobbying who so ever. all cy's ad are scam if not how many interview have u being invited for there last 3month on a requirement u were vry sure u meet? no equity in any employment in Nigeria simple!
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2016
SleekMallam:
So, this the news they managed to come up with to cancel and balance out the Buhari and Atiku nepotism exposed by Sahara reporters.

baba u just spoke my mind...I pity gullibe Nigerians that would fall for this crap. Why didnt this discovery come out since last year, Its coming less than 24hours after the latest similar discovery. God help this Nation.

1 Like

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by Akainzo(m): 9:11am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

My brother if you are truly objective, then I am sure that you can also testify to the fact that you cannot compare the level of education in the south to the North.

Are you trying to compare the level of poverty in Niger and Chad to Cameroon and Benin? Many Nigerians would rather migrate to Cameroon and Benin than to remain here. You can't say the same thing in the case of Niger and Chad na, who wants to die of starvation?

Many times, the one that asks another to be objective, is actually not being objective!

Being objective will show you that where the population census says that the Northerners outnumber the Southerners (rightly or wrongly, that's the stat) then one will know that "45% of 80 Million", will be higher than "60% of 50 Million".

So you might be saying that the 60% is higher, but in actual fact there are more educated one in numbers in the 45% than the 60%. So, you might want to take your own advice and be objective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by vantage7: 9:20am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

362 slots for the North is a crime considering the level of education over there. This is why we will not move forward.

Simple question, have you ever been to the north?
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by obailala(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2016
Recruitment in CBN has always been a 100% man-know-man secret event. Nothing new about this but God don catch them.
Re: CBN Secretly Hired 909 Staff Without Advert - Daily Trust (See Map) by 3kay945(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2016
Can things ever work normal in this country
Quota system is sent packing.
Nepotism ti take over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose / Air Marshal Nsikak Eduok Is Dead As NAF Mourns / My Turn Will Soon Come: Garba Adamu Tells Tinubu To Enjoy Amid Nepotism Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.