Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters (63998 Views)

Photo Of Atiku Abubakar Wearing Rolex In The Farm Got Tongues Wagging / Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son / Buhari, Saraki At The Marriage Of Atiku's Daughters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by centvin008(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2016

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3496832_4_jpeg9679ccb5a92f650b83fcf29e0a6a6775

Nigeria’s Central Bank Illegally Hired, Sons, Daughters And Relatives Of Former VP Atiku, IGP Arase, GMD Of NNPC, Minister Of Internal Affairs, Other Top Officials

SaharaReporters has obtained a list of at least 91 people tied to influential or highly placed Nigerians who were recently offered juicy appointments by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in a hiring process that was highly secretive.

The list of beneficiaries of the CBN’s job largesse include a daughter of former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, a son of Mamman Daura, a nephew of President Muhammadu Buhari and one of the closest members of the president’s inner circle, a son of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, a daughter of former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’aba, also daughter of of the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, a since of the Minister of Internal Affairs, Abdurahman Danbazzau and at least 86 others.

The highly controversial recruitment, seen as peddling of influence, first came to light a few weeks ago, but SaharaReporters just exclusively obtained the names of the beneficiaries.

The leaking of the irregular hires by the CBN caused significant embarrassment for the government and the bank. The CBN’s Director of Human Resources, Chizoba Mojekwu, was reportedly redeployed as the bank’s Director of Capacity Development and IT after CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, accused her of being behind the leaking of the list.

However, a top official of the CBN told our correspondent that Mr. Emefiele had arranged the hiring of relatives of top party leaders and powerful government officials as a strategy for saving his job.

Even though the list obtained by SaharaReporters has 91 names, our sources at the CBN disclosed that the CBN Governor had started the practice of using job offers to woo top government officials since Mr. Buhari came into power on May 29, 2015. One source revealed that, in September 2015, Mr. Emefiele had hired Claire Arase, a daughter of Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase.

SaharaReporters learnt that the CBN often went to great lengths, including tweaking the names of recruits, in order to hide the identities of beneficiaries of politically motivated recruitment. Often the CBN used the beneficiaries’ first names and their father’s middle names to hide their real identities. For instance, the bank listed Maryam Atiku as “Maryam Abubakar.” In another case, the bank entered the name of the son of Nigeria’s Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, as “Nagode Abdulrahman.” In other instances, the bank used the maiden names of hired persons instead of their married names.

The recruitments are deemed irregular because the CBN failed to advertise the vacancies in order to allow opportunities to all qualified Nigerians to apply for the jobs. In addition, the bank’s “political” recruitments did not follow principles of federal character set out for employment by government agencies and other public institutions. “Jobs were just handed to the children of ministers in the current administration,” one bank official stated. The source added that many of the new hires were asked to pick their department of choice after their irregular employment was concluded.

Below is the full list of 91 people illegally hired by the CBN:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/15/nigeria%E2%80%99s-central-bank-illegally-hired-sons-daughters-and-relatives-former-vp-atiku-igp

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3496435_facebook20160315112102_png401b9810cad6852977b8ba709367ed09

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by HungerBAD: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
What?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by nitt: 12:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
what's new?

they r known as the privileged 1%

and

the remaining are referred to as the sheepish 99%

All animals are not mates.

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by ajebuter(f): 12:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Majorly northern names and appointees

'Fewerly' southern names and appointees

Meaning northerners are more educated and qualified shebi

And you call it one Nigeria

Kon tee nu

256 Likes 15 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
THIS 'CHANGE' DEY SMELL angry

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
What has Nigeria & Nigerians done to deserve Buhary

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by daniska3yaro(m): 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nawa oo,this not a new story nw,everybody wans to include his or her own child on juice jobs in fg.

Na turn by turn.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by ogba20: 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
daniska3yaro:
Nawa oo
this is just the beginning, people who killed and bomb their own people just because of president. I just believe it will take time but some day it will stop

41 Likes

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by kelechi50: 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
It's not a new thing,been happening since 1960 that's what I call animal farm we are not equal

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
Can this be described as nepotism?

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by seunmsg(m): 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
It's a shame things like this still happen in Nigeria. How will children of people without political influence ever make it to the top when our recruitment policy doesn't allow for equity, merit and competition? I hope PMB will do something about this illegal and unfair recruitment practices in most federal government agencies.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by seunmsg(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
What has Nigeria & Nigerians done to deserve Buhary

The secret recruitment was done by an Igbo man named Godwin Emefiele. We should learn to apportion blame to the real culprit.

149 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
Sad, I even saw one carpenter's name there.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by suyamasta(m): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
Kaiii oooo i am beginning to lose hope in this administration on a daily basis!

18 Likes

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by uchendu99(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Being born Nigerian must be a crime, or to what do the general population deserve all this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Good job. SR.

Hope this means an investigation. So long as they are qualified for the job they can stay on....BUT if it is proven they got the job because of relatives....then questions need to be asked.

Wonder if people still refer to SR as Sharia reporters......(of course not).

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by mallamseifaldin(m): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
Change

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by miqos02(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
ok
Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by kennyman2000(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria is a joke!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by ShitHead(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
That's why they said that only PDP loyalists suffer hardships...that's why they cancelled the #5000 for the unemployed youths. It's a pity for the sacrificial cows during elections. As for me, God will always provide for me. I need no man.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Pangea: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
grin
Today!
I totally give up on this change!
Buhari and his gang of 40 thieves are not the saviour!

We need to start looking elsewhere!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by spicyuzo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
And here I am, "Qualified for a job" on paper, Languishing in Joblessness in actual sense....

I don't envy these people......

I pledge to strive always to prove myself and my worth....

To approach every Job test and interview with all my might and the grace of God,
And never to be smuggled into any job or ministry where my efforts shall be inconsequential....

Until The FG and its ministries and parastatals, embraces due process, fairness and meritocracy in recruitment, Nigeria shall continue to be a Stagnant Country with Competent Positions Manned by Incompetent Personnel

FG Job: A salary-for-life Lottery Program designed specially for political elite society and sponsored annually by the Nigerian Budget.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Curvinus(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
see kwaroption.....Oya Buhari go and bring your mai suya knife...it's time to Pight

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Achuwa1(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
U dont have to blame Emefiele,,,it is list tht is sent from the presidency & u dont expect him to disobey or else EFCC will be used to keep him busy,,
Nigeria is heading to Atlantic ocean to sink for gud

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by MaziOmenuko: 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Why these lousy rich men no open business make their children dey manage? It's even unfair that they come to drag the few public service jobs with the general populace; worse still, they are now offered the job freely on a platter of gold.

Silly cbn and it's silly governor!

Hopefully, this evil act will be probed and heads roll.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by macaranta(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
APC is the best government ever....I'm glad zombies voted them.
Hypocrisy is where you see nothing wrong with this but fault the NIS recruitment.

Rubbish.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Menace2Society(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Who in his/her right mind will believe SR grin wailers/IPOB never never believe

1 Like

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by dragonking2: 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Where are the APC zoombies eg Hungerbad

Oya come and see how buhari and his apshiit northern brothers have put their relations in CBN without specific qualifications. You see ur brother there? Answer is NO...Sai Buhari, sai changi !!!!

Nonsense!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by killercute16(m): 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
The C.B.N has turned into a family business,you cant blame Godwin Emefiele,he's just doing the command of his superior.

My main problem with this government is their hypocrisy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Hires Children Of Atiku, Arase, Others Illegally - Sahara Reporters by Mosb(m): 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Hoist Oduduwa Republic Flags In Lagos / Gov Rochas Okorocha Receives Heroes Reception (pictures) / List Of Endsars Promoters Whose Accounts Were Blocked By CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.