Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign (8436 Views)

Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? / The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation / Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by omonla10(m): 11:21am On Mar 16, 2016
Dear nairalanders, I want to know the meaning of this circle sign just beside the H+ sign.. Thanks guys

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by LordOfTheWeed: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2016
It means your phone is in silence.. .. .. Just press either the volume up or down key, then click on the bell icon with the inscription "All" below it.. .. ..

Check the pix below for example.. .. ..

9 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by vanndubi: 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
It should be limited service signage

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by omonla10(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
LordOfTheWeed:
It means your phone is in silence.. .. .. Just press either the volume up or down key, then click on the bell icon with the inscription "All" below it.. .. ..

Check the pix below for example.. .. ..
God bless u my brother.. I feared d worst.. Lol
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Do not disturb sign.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by rattlesnake(m): 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hspda +

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by parrotibaba(m): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bro na the "silent" sign, it mean say your phone dey silent. Just click general in your phone's notification bar or in settings or simply increase the volume of your phone and it will disappear.

E be like say you just upgraded your android experience grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
it's not silent joor....that sign shows up whenever u are at of network coverage, that's to say when there's no network that is the sígn u will see and as such u can call nor browse.

5 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
Dfinex:
it's not silent joor....that sign shows up whenever u are at of network coverage, that's to say when there's no network that is the sígn u will see and as such u can call nor browse.

U are wrong. It is neither network related nor silent mode, the right name is DO NOT DISTURB or DND. Some people call it silent mode, they are right but not entirely right. The difference between this and silent mode is that DND mode can be timed, that is u can set ur phone to go back to normal mode in 1hr or 2hrs which comes in handy...like when u are in a meeting or class, u set ur phone to DND for 1hr so after 1hr it gets back to normal automatically just in case u forget to do that urself. U can also set DND at night so when u wake up in the morning it returns to normal automatically, so u don't have to worry about forgetting ur phone on silent mode.

Another difference between this and silent mode is u can set priorities. Unlike silent mode, everything is muted even important calls. But for DND, u can set some important numbers to ring even when u are on silent mode. Comes in handy when u don't want disturbance from anyone but have one important call u are waiting for. Every other thing will be muted but that important call will ring out.

11 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
greenhulk:

U are wrong. It is neither network related nor silent mode, the right name is DO NOT DISTURB or DND. Some people call it silent mode, they are right but not entirely right. The difference between this and silent mode is that DND mode can be timed, that is u can set ur phone to go back to normal mode in 1hr or 2hrs which comes in handy...like when u are in a meeting or class, u set ur phone to DND for 1hr so after 1hr it gets back to normal automatically just in case u forget to do that urself. U can also set DND at night so when u wake up in the morning it returns to normal automatically, so u don't have to worry about forgetting ur phone on silent mode.

Another difference between this and silent mode is u can set priorities. Unlike silent mode, everything is muted even important calls. But for DND, u can set some important numbers to ring even when u are on silent mode. Comes in handy when u don't want disturbance from anyone but have one important call u are waiting for. Every other thing will be muted but that important call will ring out.

hmmmm.....sounds interesting. so does it work the way offline mode works and how do i activate it on my phone

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
Dfinex:

hmmmm.....sounds interesting. so does it work the way offline mode works and how do i activate it on my phone

Different from offline mode. In offline mode u will not receive any texts or calls or any notification whatsoever. DND is identical to silent mode, the calls and notifications will come in but will not make any sound. But the difference is that for silent mode everything is on silent even ur alarm. For DND u can set ur alarm to bypass the silent mode , u can also set ur messages or calls from certain people to bypass the silent mode so that even when ur phone is on silent u can get notifications from certain people or apps. Also when u are busy, eg watching a 1 hr YouTube video or movies and u don't want those notifications getting in ur way with sounds, u can set DND for 1hr so within that time no sounds or vibrations will get in ur way, the notifications will come but will not disturb the sound of the video ubare watching. And after the time frame set the phone will go back to normal automatically.

How to use it? U have to be running lollipop or above. Hit the volume button abd under u see 3 signs, all, priority and non. All means DND is not turned on, non means no sounds and priority is where u set ur exceptions. If u hit non u can set for how long u want ur phone to be on silent mode. This is so for phones with stock based Roms. Some phones operate in a different way, for example I use a Samsung phone and the way it handles DND is different from phones with stock based ui.

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Sugahylz(f): 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Omo see project defence !

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by sexaddict08(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
Sugahylz:

Omo see project defence !
the guy na phone-freak
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by GreatManBee: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2016
omonla10:
Dear nairalanders, I want to know the meaning of this circle sign just beside the H+ sign.. Thanks guys

What phone is that?
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by mumumugu(m): 12:12am On Mar 17, 2016
Illuminaty sign...demon
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by dasphinx1(m): 12:22am On Mar 17, 2016
sexaddict08:

the guy na phone-freak

Phone-freak? Nah, i think not..... he is just someone who has passion for what he uses, thus, he wants to know virtually everything about what he uses..... it could apply to any field of choice, mobile phones, politics, manufacturing, you name it..... he is good bro, and i respect that he has a passion for something.
Shoutout to Greenhulk!!!!!! wink I thank God say your kain hulk no sha fit destroy nairaland tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 4:20am On Mar 17, 2016
greenhulk:

Different from offline mode. In offline mode u will not receive any texts or calls or any notification whatsoever. DND is identical to silent mode, the calls and notifications will come in but will not make any sound. But the difference is that for silent mode everything is on silent even ur alarm. For DND u can set ur alarm to bypass the silent mode , u can also set ur messages or calls from certain people to bypass the silent mode so that even when ur phone is on silent u can get notifications from certain people or apps. Also when u are busy, eg watching a 1 hr YouTube video or movies and u don't want those notifications getting in ur way with sounds, u can set DND for 1hr so within that time no sounds or vibrations will get in ur way, the notifications will come but will not disturb the sound of the video ubare watching. And after the time frame set the phone will go back to normal automatically.

How to use it? U have to be running lollipop or above. Hit the volume button abd under u see 3 signs, all, priority and non. All means DND is not turned on, non means no sounds and priority is where u set ur exceptions. If u hit non u can set for how long u want ur phone to be on silent mode. This is so for phones with stock based Roms. Some phones operate in a different way, for example I use a Samsung phone and the way it handles DND is different from phones with stock based ui.

wow. .....that's quite an exposition. i have learnt something new. thanks man.
by the way are u an analyst or an engineer?
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Qualer: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2016
Dfinex:

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Gmekx(m): 9:46am On Mar 17, 2016
Dfinex:

Depending in the android OS and its configuration, it could mean different things.
In CyanogenMod, it's a do not disturb sign
In TouchWiz, it's what you just said

Everybody dey correct, Na to much techno and Chinese made in Nigeria dey cause all the disagreement
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Chazzyboy: 10:13am On Mar 17, 2016
Dfinex:
Na u sabe
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Chazzyboy:
Na u sabe
go joor!!! ..someone has explained to me
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
Gmekx:

Depending in the android OS and its configuration, it could mean different things.
In CyanogenMod, it's a do not disturb sign
In TouchWiz, it's what you just said

Everybody dey correct, Na to much techno and Chinese made in Nigeria dey cause all the disagreement

lolssss.....thanks dear
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=43846611][/quote]

and who in hell fire are u? Albert Einstein? ??....certainly not. so go on , tell me ..
Even people that knows had to go the extramile to explain with out any form of pride. ....u are here spitting rubbish. ....see carry ur time o
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by nakel17(m): 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
H+ or H- does not have anything to do with the volume of the phone. H+ simply symbolises the technology your phone is using to transmit or receive signal from the network. It is the symbol of the technology (HSDPA or HSUPA in case of H-). Just like 3G represents the technology, H+ is the technological advancement after 3G and after H+ or H- we have the 4G/LTE technology.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Qualer: 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
Dfinex:

and who in hell fire are u? Albert Einstein? ??....certainly not. so go on , tell me ..
Even people that knows had to go the extramile to explain with out any form of pride. ....u are here spitting rubbish. ....see carry ur time o

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by ilevic(m): 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
its a sign that your fone is at th verge of exploding pls quickly immerse it in water ASAP

BT read this before then

youareonyouronifufollowmyadvice
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=43859824][/quote]
I can see that u are so dumb.....
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by ustinelee(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
That sign with the small H+ is network related seems to be 4G i ve seen it in my phone on Etisalat and the speed was superb, as long as is it replaced the position of the H+, seems kinda wired u cant make calls but can browse on a super speed, lets do the research very well.

#UstineSpeaks

Below is do no disturb sign at the far left side

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Qualer: 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Dfinex:

I can see that u are so dumb.....

Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Chazzyboy: 12:12am On Mar 18, 2016
Dfinex:

go joor!!! ..someone has explained to me
go where
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Dfinex(f): 5:30am On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=43869474][/quote]
ge'out...and don't quote me again. silly bugger!!!
Re: Does Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Sign by Qualer: 5:37am On Mar 18, 2016
Dfinex:

ge'out...and don't quote me again.
silly bugger!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Tecno L9 Plus Dey Sweet Me / Dial *442# On Your Airtel And Drop Your Comment / I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.