Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari (42838 Views)

Babatunde Abisuga Jailed For 24 Months For Pension Scam / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / "TSA: We Realised N2.2trn In 3 Months" – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
Habakus:
You're the one lying to yourself. Where did i say that Boko haram has been COMPLETELY DEFEATED? Read what i wrote again and then reason if the Fg has told us that many times or not.

Didnt you say the Govt told you and your fellow IPADs that boko haram has been defeated?
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

The local grass the ranchers in Ondo state - Akure to be specific do not contain nutirents?

What about the hays goat seller buy from farmers?

Mr we should discourage anything like importation. I just hate spending money on stuff which can be produced locally. Grass are everywhere in the south.
Why not wait to see how these grass is different from ours, they could have the ability to grow in bigger and better, they could grow better in dersert regions in the north. Even the rice we celebrate today are from imported seeds.

Using your logic of local stuff, every poultry in Nigeria will have local chicken that produces 20eggs a year.

3 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by rad8(m): 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
this is rubbish. they haven't tackled the main issue, this ppl that they are importing grass for are serial killers. its only in Nigeria that a killer or kidnapper is rewarded in the name of making peace. the cattle rearers around the region of the murders should be rounded up and interrogated...surely they will spill out names/descriptions, then you persecute and at the same time send a warning that rubbish like this would not be tolerated in Nigeria. Besides, that culture of nomadic movement should be banned. such culture shouldn't be allowed to exist in this 21st century.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by ifyalways(f): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
24 months

2018 ? Seriously cheesy
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by henrydadon(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
is this a joke or what
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

With this logic, Malaysia won't be the largest exporter of palm oil

Obiagelli, you are a hypocrite, damn!

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by kceewhyte(m): 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
May the gods giv u brain if u bliev him
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Why not wait to see how these grass is different from ours, they could have the ability to grow in bigger and better, they could grow better in dersert regions in the north. Even the rice we celebrate today are from imported seeds.

Using your logic of local stuff, every poultry in Nigeria will have local chicken that produces 20eggs a year.

Please stop .. I feel like vomiting ..

You remember making a case with Abakaliki rice and encouraging home made goods .. angry

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Leke001: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
meaning?...he will kill all he's got...hahaha,too much meat for everyone;sai Buhari o!
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by jericco1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
no sense
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Habakus: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Didnt you say the Govt told you and your fellow IPADs that boko haram has been defeated?
Yes,i said No,Fg told you and your fellow IPODS that boko haram has been defeated.

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by megareal: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
My question is; are these grass seeds genetically engineered? If so, will our beef still be considered organic. Who can answer pls.

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by onatisi(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
18 to 24 months to plant grasses and to solve the Fulani problem shocked

Buhari shouldn't bother ,Nigerians will elect a new capable and competent leader in 2019,who will be intelligent and sensible enough to solve the problem . By the end of 24 months ,we will be in another election period . So what buahri is practically saying is that he can't solve the problem

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
dunkem21:

Obiagelli, you are a hypocrite, damn!
Heard that mor than a 100 times on this forum, i should have made it my username

2 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by feedthenation(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
Why can't grazing of cattles around the country be stopped immediately, why wait for 24months?
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by MadCow1: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
His excellency has spoken!

Sai baba Booo!
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by IkpuMmadu: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
Go and sit down bubu ...you no get talk jhoor
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by plaetton: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Reserves are goverment owned. Its like saying all southerners (lecturers and doctors) should leave every goverment institution in the north.

So the government is going to seize land all over the country in order to subsidize Fulani cow herders ?

Here we go again.

Is cattle herding not a For-Profit business enterprise ?
Can't they use their profits to buy grazing fields ?

Why should the Nigerian people subsidize a For-Profit business where the owners are mostly non- Nigerians ?

3 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by MadCow1: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
onatisi:

Buhari shouldn't bother ,Nigerians will elect a new capable and competent leader in 2019,who will be intelligent and sensible enough to solve the problem . By the end of 24 months ,we will be in another election period . So what buahri is practically saying is that he can't solve the problem

There are two ways to attend to a problem..

1. A Knee jerk reaction: which has been the Norm in Nigeria for ages..

2. A Calculated effort to bringa long term solution.

Some smart people have keyed into the Grass ministry and started planting acres of land of grass to sell to cattle farmers and make money, you are here criticizing.

2 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by truthspeaks: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
So aftr murdering countless number of persons, none of the herdsmen would be arrested n prosecuted. Rather govt will use part of scarce forex reserves in d country to import grass seedlings for them n u r praising d approach? Seems it's because none of ur relations has bn murdered by d herdsmen dats y u can rant blindly. Is ur gullibility dis high or u r bn paid 2 even allow even ur ppl 2 be murdered n u turn away ur eyes?
Obiagelli:
I like this approach to solving this problem, though i prefer ranching.
We also need big players to displace a share herdsmen's market, that should prompt them to realize the need to abandon the nomardic method of cattle farming.

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by cold(m): 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mtcheew..24 months is like eternity. This nonsense has to stop now! And what's with the whole importation stuff? Haven't we got agro allied companies and institutions that can produce the seeds. This government neva ready at all
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
vedaxcool:
This is the right way to go. There is need to create grazing reserves for wailers to graze and forget their sorrows. grin cheesy

Wailing zombies quote me and be struck down.
They can go ahead to create grazing reserves in sokoto but not one inch of omambala would be ceded to these animals in the name of grazing reserves. Anyone who wants land should be prepared to buy.No one would also be allowed to use our common patrimony to purchase grazing reserves for these animals

2 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by tunergy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
How many more people will die in 24months from cattle rustlers excessiveness.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by IkpuMmadu: 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
onatisi:

You got it
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
plaetton:

So the government is going to seize land all over the country in order to subsidize Fulani cow herders ?

Here we go again.

Is cattle herding not a For-Profit business enterprise ?
Can't they use their profits to buy grazing fields ?

Why should the Nigerian people subsidize a For-Profit business where the owners are mostly non- Nigerians ?
Me sef I tireooo. If we southerners allow this, then we all deserve to be caned.

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
I regret Voting Buhari against Jonathan - Jerry Obasi

The Deputy National Secretary of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Comrade Jerry Obasi has expressed his disappointment in the incumbent administration led by General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressive Congress, APC.

Obasi regretted supporting Buhari against immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan despite serious warnings and advice from his family members.

He said: “What is going on this country is quite unfortunate; I have been on the queue for two days to get fuel, in Nigeria, the fourth oil producing country in the entire world, whereas in non-oil producing countries, there are no queues.

“In fact, I supported Buhari in this election, I had to go against my family and party to support Buhari in that election, because of the state of affairs under Jonathan, considering the fact that Enugu-Onitsha Express Road was impassable for six years, and we had a President; also Enugu-Port Harcourt Road was not done, all the roads in the South-East and South-South were not done for the six years, I was using these small indices because Igbos are traders, so they need these roads; I got disappointed and I said I was not going to vote for Jonathan, he disappointed my people, six years would have been enough. To me it was crass failure, even when it is believed today by Nigerians both at home and in the Diaspora that Buhari has failed, his failure can’t make Jonathan to have succeeded.

“The truth remains that the economy is in a very bad shape, the economy has been battered, it has been given a technical knock-out, the type that Tyson used to give to his opponents in his time, the economy has gone extinct, and just like the statement made by Lai Mohammed that the economy has overtaken the government, though he has come back to retract that, but he has made a confessional statement, because tomorrow he will still tell Nigerians that he said it; the economy to me, has been destroyed, you cannot bring a clerk in a micro finance bank in the UK to come and superintend over Nigeria’s economy, it is not going to take us anywhere. Nigeria needs an economist, the likes of Okonjo Iweala, an economist in the stature of Oby Ezekwesili, in the stature of Soludo, in the stature of Kaku Idika Kaku. These appointments of Buhari that are more political and sentimentally minded will take us to the abyss.

“The government is already collapsing on him, and I will advise once again for him to convoke an economic summit, because Nigerian and her economy is in comatose, it is in an intensive care unit of economic hospital that also needs intensive care by economic surgeons, but if we go the way we are going, I see dark days ahead, I see terrible days ahead.

“Are we to talk about the N5,000 promise, we are not talking about the fuel they said will be sold an N40, even at 180, you cannot buy fuel anywhere, if you go to Malawi, South-Africa, Ghana, you cannot see queue, so it is unfortunate, the president should wake up, he should reduce his level of travelling, you don’t visit economies that are stable whereas at home, the economy is dying on your lapse, let us come out of these sentiments, the APC should understand now that it is the ruling government, may be they forgot that they are ruling, still sounding like the opposition.

“Buhari’s appointments are summersault appointments; you see a professor working under a first degree holder, let us look inside, management of the country is different from a religious body, it is different from a tribal organization, it is different from the opposition mentality, it is so far so bad, all of us can see it, we can’t buy food. The country has become too hot for all of us.”

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by html14java(f): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrmetoo1:
The news says 24 months o, so you guys check back in March 2018 because some people will soon come tomorrow and say they still saw cows roaming about.
collect mirrow, look urself. You'll see your life
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Mrfahaz(m): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
I hate the importation of grass part. For f.uck sake we have large reserved land which can be use for planting of grasses for the cows. Those selling goat, sheep and horses in the south western state buy dry hay from the market and it is enough for all the animals kept in store for sales.

The period of 18 months is long enough for us to have a field where grass would be planted to feed cows. Those ranches in Ogun and Ondo state do not import grasses but source them from surroundings, buying at cheap cost and improving the income of some local grass sources. Importation will only take our money to foreign countries. Job opportunities will be thrown to foreign nations. And our farmers will be left to increases the riches of other countries.

Government should separate some pieces of land in every state where people who have interest in planting grass can use at a token price. This will in another round provide opportunity for wealth creation.
read again he say imported and planted.......
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by fm7070: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
waiting ooooooooooooo
I love agriculture but these herdsmen has been scaring hell out of me
I hope this promise will not be denied later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Reacts To Reports On Rumoured Bid For Presidency In 2023 / Omoyele Sowore Mocks Buhari & His Cabal. See Reactions / Where Are The Fire Trucks Donated By Peter Obi In Anambra? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.